- Surfer seriously injured in Australian shark attack Updated: Jul-31-15 3:53 am
SYDNEY - A surfer was seriously injured as he repeatedly punched a shark that mauled him off the Australian east coast on Friday, less than a week after a fatal attack, police and a witness said.
- Surfer seriously injured in Australian shark attack Updated: Jul-30-15 10:26 pm
SYDNEY - A surfer was seriously injured as he fought a shark off the Australian east coast on Friday, less than a week after a fatal attack, police said.
- Booing has Australian footballer Goodes considering quitting Updated: Jul-29-15 6:11 am
Few athletes have the credentials to challenge Adam Goodes for the mantle of being THE Australian sportsman, which is why a racism debate is raging Down Under.
- Sydney man arrested in 30-year-old shooting, bombing case Updated: Jul-29-15 5:47 am
SYDNEY - More than 30 years after a series of bombings and shootings in Sydney left four people dead, police have arrested a 68-year-old suspect in a case that terrorized Australia's legal fraternity.
- Sydney FC signs Slovak international Holosko on 2-year deal Updated: Jul-20-15 5:05 am
SYDNEY - Sydney FC has signed Slovakia forward Filip Holosko on a two-year deal.
- Tomic in trouble on day he was supposed to be playing tennis Updated: Jul-17-15 12:08 am
SYDNEY - Bernard Tomic was supposed to be playing Davis Cup tennis for Australia on Friday.
- Triple Crown of Australian golf set for 3 consecutive weeks Updated: Jul-10-15 12:27 am
SYDNEY - The "Triple Crown" of Australia's major golf tournaments will begin with the Australian Masters from Nov. 19-22 at a yet-to-be- determined sandbelt course in Melbourne.
- Surfer critically injured by shark off Australian town Updated: Jul-02-15 9:17 am
SYDNEY - A 32-year-old surfer was critically injured by a shark on Thursday at the same Australian coastal town where a Japanese tourist was killed in February, police said.