- Fan pours drink on Celtics draft pick Thornton during game Updated: Nov-25-15 8:03 pm
SYDNEY - An Australian basketball fan faces a possible life ban after tipping beer on the head of Boston Celtics 2015 draft pick Marcus Thornton during a domestic league game.
- Australia says checks on Syrian refugees could take a year Updated: Nov-22-15 10:56 pm
CANBERRA, Australia - The Australian government remained committed to resettling 12,000 Syrian refugees, but security checks could take more than a year, officials said Monday.
- Adelaide, Jets in scoreless draw in goal-starved A-League Updated: Nov-22-15 3:32 am
ADELAIDE, Australia - Adelaide United and Newcastle Jets played to a scoreless draw in the A-League on Sunday in a seventh round where goals were hard to come by.
- Senior the "senior" wins Australian Masters with closing 68 Updated: Nov-22-15 2:39 am
MELBOURNE, Australia - Peter Senior claimed his third Australian Masters title on Sunday and set another age record in his home country as the 56-year-old shot a final-round 3-under 68 for a two-stroke victory.
- Surfer injured in shark attack off Australian east coast Updated: Nov-10-15 5:55 pm
SYDNEY - A shark has seriously injured a 20-year-old surfer in an attack off the Australian east coast, police said Wednesday.
- Man arrested in notorious Australian double killing Updated: Oct-28-15 11:46 pm
SYDNEY - A man was arrested in the slaying of a woman whose skeletal remains were found in an Australian forest 1,200 kilometers (750 miles) from where her daughter's body was discovered dumped in a suitcase, police said Thursday.
- Wellington refused 10-year license extension in A-League Updated: Oct-26-15 8:25 am
SYDNEY - Football Federation Australia has denied the Wellington Phoenix a 10-year license extension to play in the A-League, increasing speculation the New Zealand-based team's place in the 10-team competition may be offered to another Australian team.