- Western Sydney tops A-League but Brisbane wins big Updated: Feb-06-16 6:39 pm
SYDNEY - Brisbane joined Western Sydney atop the A-League table by beating last-place Central Coast 4-0 in the weekend's 18th round.
- Born an Aussie, raised a Brit. Konta's a star in Melbourne Updated: Jan-23-16 3:40 am
MELBOURNE, Australia - Johanna Konta became the first British woman in 29 years to reach the fourth round at the Australian Open on Saturday, giving rise to "a lot of Australia questions" at Melbourne Park.
- Luis Garcia to make A-League debut off bench Updated: Jan-22-16 1:37 am
SYDNEY - Former Liverpool player Luis Garcia is likely to start from the bench when he makes his A-League debut on Saturday for the Central Coast Mariners against the Western Sydney Wanderers.
- Australian authorities seize drugs shipped from China Updated: Jan-21-16 9:46 pm
SYDNEY - Australian authorities said Friday they had seized large quantities of methamphetamine and ephedrine hidden in bar stools and soup mix packets shipped from China to Sydney.
- Australia to play Jordan WCup qualifier in Sydney Updated: Jan-19-16 9:00 pm
SYDNEY, Australia - Football Federation Australia has decided Australia's vital World Cup qualifying match against Jordan in March will be played in Sydney.
- Resurgent Venus stopped in 1st round at Australian Open Updated: Jan-19-16 3:54 am
MELBOURNE, Australia - When Johanna Konta found out she was playing Venus Williams in the first round of the Australian Open, she thought to herself, "I just hope I stay out there more than an hour."
- Police shoot man dead at Sydney police station Updated: Jan-18-16 9:31 pm
SYDNEY - Police shot dead a man armed with a knife in a Sydney police station on Tuesday, an official said.
- Jazz at Lincoln Center Orchestra announces world tour Updated: Jan-18-16 7:21 am
NEW YORK - Wynton Marsalis is taking the Jazz at Lincoln Center Orchestra on its longest tour in nearly 15 years, covering 15 cities in 10 countries over 40 days.
- Troicki wins Sydney International title over Dimitrov Updated: Jan-16-16 6:50 am
SYDNEY - Defending champion Viktor Troicki's backhand cross-court winner on match point gave the Serbian player a 2-6, 6-1, 7-6 (7) victory over Grigor Dimitrov in the Sydney International final on Saturday.
- Sock beats Ferrer to reach Auckland final Updated: Jan-15-16 5:39 am
SYDNEY - Jack Sock ended David Ferrer's hopes of a fifth singles title in Auckland when he beat the top-seeded Spaniard 3-6, 6-1, 6-2 in the ASB Classic semifinals on Friday.
- Outback pub toasts David Bowie, its most famous visitor Updated: Jan-12-16 12:28 am
CANBERRA, Australia - Drinkers at a dusty Outback pub raised their beer glasses Tuesday to the pub's most famous visitor, David Bowie.
- Billionaire sailor Bob Oatley dead at 87 Updated: Jan-10-16 6:09 pm
SYDNEY - Bob Oatley, an America's Cup Challenger of Record aspirant in 2014 and owner of eight-time Sydney to Hobart-winning yacht Wild Oats XI, has died. He was 87.