- Champion Wanderers out in group stage; FC Seoul advances Updated: May-05-15 5:37 pm
GUANGZHOU, China - The Western Sydney Wanderers' Asian Champions League title defense ended Tuesday despite a win 2-0 over Guangzhou Evergrande, with FC Seoul moving into the knockout stage with a late 3-2 win over Kashima Antlers.
- Melbourne City beats Wellington 2-0 in A-League playoff Updated: May-03-15 5:20 am
WELLINGTON, New Zealand - Melbourne City will meet top-ranked Melbourne Victory in a semifinal derby after beating Wellington 2-0 Sunday in a playoff match in Australian football's A-League.
- IOC president Bach discusses potential Australia bid Updated: Apr-29-15 6:41 am
CANBERRA, Australia - Australia would have a good chance of success if it bid to host the 2028 Olympic Games in Queensland state, International Olympic Committee President Thomas Bach said on Wednesday.
- Andrew Lesnie, 'Lord of the Rings' cinematographer, dies Updated: Apr-29-15 4:41 am
SYDNEY - Oscar-winning Australian cinematographer Andrew Lesnie, best known for his work on "The Lord of the Rings," has died, friends and colleagues said Wednesday. He was 59.
- Mark Bosnich pleads guilty to reckless driving Updated: Apr-28-15 12:50 am
SYDNEY - Former Manchester United goalkeeper Mark Bosnich has pleaded guilty in a Sydney court to a charge of reckless driving relating to an incident last year in which a cyclist was injured.
- Melbourne Victory finish A-League season in 1st place Updated: Apr-26-15 5:33 am
SYDNEY - Adelaide United will play Brisbane and Wellington will host Melbourne City in next weekend's first round of playoff matches in Australian football's A-League.
- Newcastle Jets owner cited by FFA for tirade at journalist Updated: Apr-24-15 3:57 am
SYDNEY - The owner of the Newcastle Jets has been cited by Football Federation Australia for a code of conduct violation following a tirade against a journalist after an A-League match last weekend.
- Fierce storm lashes southeast Australia; 3 feared dead Updated: Apr-21-15 12:49 am
SYDNEY - A fierce storm lashing Australia's southeast destroyed homes, left dozens stranded in swirling floodwaters and may have led to the deaths of three people, officials said Tuesday.
- Melbourne Victory set to clinch first place in A-League Updated: Apr-18-15 8:17 am
SYDNEY - The Melbourne Victory moved three points clear at the top of Australia's A-League with a 1-0 win Saturday over defending champion Brisbane in the penultimate regular-season round.
- Australia arrests 5 for alleged IS-inspired terror plot Updated: Apr-18-15 7:29 am
SYDNEY - Five Australian teenagers were arrested Saturday on suspicion of plotting an Islamic State group-inspired terrorist attack at a Veterans' Day ceremony that included targeting police officers, officials said.
- 'National treasure' Richie Benaud dies in Australia Updated: Apr-10-15 7:32 am
The cricket world is mourning the death of former Australia captain and pioneering television commentator Richie Benaud, described as a "national treasure" and praised by players and the sport's administrators.
- AOC throws support behind Brisbane and area 2028 Olympic bid Updated: Apr-09-15 11:19 pm
SYDNEY - The Australian Olympic Committee says it will support a possible Queensland bid to host the 2028 Olympic Games.
- Former Australia cricket captain, commentator Benaud dies Updated: Apr-09-15 9:27 pm
SYDNEY - Within hours of his death on Friday, former Australia cricket captain and pioneering television commentator Richie Benaud was described as a "national treasure" and praised by his peers, current players and the country's prime minister.
- Prince Harry meets Australian public at start of army trip Updated: Apr-06-15 6:44 am
CANBERRA, Australia - Britain's Prince Harry joked and chatted with an enthusiastic crowd Monday at his only scheduled public appearance during a monthlong embedment with Australia's army, declaring pride in his ginger hair and telling a self-obsessed younger generation that "selfies are bad."