- 5 arrested in connection with Sydney police worker's killing Updated: Oct-06-15 6:05 pm
SYDNEY - Police arrested five people during a series of raids on Wednesday in connection with the slaying of a civilian police worker, which officials have said they believe was linked to terrorism.
- A-League looks to continue fan growth in its 11th season Updated: Oct-05-15 10:19 pm
SYDNEY - Australian football's A-League opens its 11th season Thursday hoping to continue surging audience growth while wrestling with player discontent and financial crises affecting some clubs.
- 2 people die in shootings near Sydney police headquarters Updated: Oct-02-15 9:40 am
SYDNEY - A civilian employed by Australian police was fatally shot Friday outside the state police headquarters in western Sydney and his assailant was then killed, officials said.
- Double treat for Aussie sports fans: AFL, NRL grand finals Updated: Sep-30-15 10:00 pm
Sports fans Down Under have two major reasons to be looking forward to this weekend - the championship matches in both Australian rules football and the National Rugby League.
- Australia warns Chris Brown he may not be allowed Down Under Updated: Sep-28-15 12:23 am
SYDNEY - Chris Brown's plans to tour Down Under were in jeopardy on Sunday after the Australian government formally warned the troubled R&B singer that he is likely to be denied a visa because of his criminal conviction for assaulting pop star Rihanna.
- 2 Australian rugby players hospitalized after drug overdose Updated: Sep-22-15 4:19 am
SYDNEY - Two players in Australia's National Rugby League were hospitalized early Tuesday following an overdose of pain-killing medication.
- Sydney to host 4-team 2017 World Baseball Classic qualifier Updated: Sep-17-15 8:44 pm
SYDNEY - A qualifying tournament with teams from Australia, New Zealand, the Philippines and South Africa will be held in February for the 2017 World Baseball Classic.
- Sydney, Mexicali, Panama City, New York host WBC qualifiers Updated: Sep-17-15 4:00 pm
NEW YORK - Qualifying for the 2017 World Baseball Classic will start in Australia in February.
- Australian surfer says he's lucky not to lose arm to shark Updated: Sep-08-15 8:59 am
SYDNEY - A surfer said he was lucky not to lose an arm when a shark bit his board off Australia's most populous state on Tuesday.