- Kroger to offer anti-overdose drug without prescription Updated: Feb-12-16 11:12 am
CINCINNATI - Ohio-based grocery chain Kroger Co. is going to make the heroin overdose-reversal drug naloxone available without a prescription in its pharmacies across Ohio and northern Kentucky.
- Diners' quick response helped cops find restaurant attacker Updated: Feb-12-16 11:02 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Quick observations by employees and patrons witnessing an apparently random machete attack on diners at a restaurant helped authorities track down the fleeing suspect, who was fatally shot in a confrontation with officers a few miles away, police said.
- Ohio officials say fentanyl pills being sold as lookalikes Updated: Feb-12-16 10:53 am
CLEVELAND - Authorities in northeast Ohio say they're seeing a disturbing trend in the sale of the powerful painkiller fentanyl to people who possibly think they're buying less-potent oxycodone.
- The Latest: 1 critically hurt in attack on Ohio restaurant Updated: Feb-12-16 10:46 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The Latest on an Ohio restaurant attack by a machete-wielding man later killed by police (all times local):
- Cop placed on leave after comment about activist's suicide Updated: Feb-12-16 8:03 am
FAIRBORN, Ohio - Officials say an Ohio police officer is being put on paid leave over a Facebook comment about a Black Lives Matter activist who killed himself on the Statehouse steps.
- Ohio company sells classic Etch A Sketch to Toronto toy firm Updated: Feb-12-16 7:57 am
BRYAN, Ohio - The Ohio company that has produced or owned the Etch A Sketch for decades has sold the classic toy to a toy firm in Toronto.
- Nuclear plants in Ohio, Pennsylvania closed for repairs Updated: Feb-12-16 4:45 am
PERRY, Ohio - Officials say two nuclear reactors in Ohio and Pennsylvania are shut down for repairs.
- Tests show Legionella bacteria found in government building Updated: Feb-12-16 4:42 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - State officials say a potentially harmful bacterium has been found in a government skyscraper in Ohio's capital city.
- Kasich works to assure South Carolina of conservative record Updated: Feb-12-16 4:12 am
NORTH MYRTLE BEACH, South Carolina - An energized John Kasich heads into South Carolina's Republican presidential primary hoping to build on a strong showing in New Hampshire, but he's refusing to tailor or shift his message to fit the state's more conservative electorate.
- 2 men convicted in fatal shooting of 19-year-old mom Updated: Feb-12-16 3:50 am
CLEVELAND - A jury in Cleveland has found two men guilty of fatally shooting a 19-year-old woman while she was sleeping in a bed with her 1-year-old child in a crib beside her.
- Ohio police detective acquitted of abuse-related charges Updated: Feb-12-16 3:31 am
CLEVELAND - A suburban Cleveland police officer accused of beating up a man has been acquitted of all charges in U.S. District Court.
- Atkinson, Wennberg score in SO as Columbus beats Anaheim 4-3 Updated: Feb-11-16 11:22 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Things appeared bleak for Columbus, down two goals with 12 seconds left in the second period against Anaheim. Then, Nick Foligno made a play that gave his team momentum heading into the third - and beyond.
- No. 7 Ohio State blasts Iowa 98-81 for 8th straight win Updated: Feb-11-16 10:50 pm
IOWA CITY, Iowa - If there's been a knock on No. 7 Ohio State this season, it's that the Buckeyes can let inferior opponents hang around on the road.
- No. 5 Maryland never trails in 73-59 win over Purdue Updated: Feb-11-16 9:57 pm
COLLEGE PARK, Maryland - Coming off a rare Big Ten loss, No. 5 Maryland couldn't wait to get back on the basketball court.
- Stalking defendant says he wanted Paltrow to forgive him Updated: Feb-11-16 7:12 pm
LOS ANGELES - A man charged with stalking Gwyneth Paltrow told jurors Thursday that he wanted the actress' forgiveness for bombarding her with lewd messages years ago, but a prosecutor urged the panel to see him as a calculated and crazy stalker intent on tormenting the Oscar winner.
- High lead levels found in more water samples in Ohio village Updated: Feb-11-16 7:04 pm
SEBRING, Ohio - The Ohio Environmental Protection Agency says the latest round of tests in a northeast Ohio village have found high levels of lead in three of 97 tap water samples voluntarily submitted by homeowners.
- Blue Jackets sign defenseman Ryan Murray to 2-year extension Updated: Feb-11-16 6:46 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The Columbus Blue Jackets signed defenseman Ryan Murray to a two-year, $5.65 million contract extension Thursday.
- Ohio leaders say medical marijuana issue isn't going away Updated: Feb-11-16 6:38 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Legislative leaders and statewide officers weighed in Thursday on how Ohio should address the issue of medical marijuana, with most agreeing that the matter is not going away.
- Congress gives final OK to banning local Internet taxes Updated: Feb-11-16 5:52 pm
WASHINGTON - Congress voted Thursday to permanently bar state and local governments from taxing access to the Internet, as lawmakers leapt at an election-year chance to demonstrate their opposition to imposing levies on online service.
- Cleveland mayor apologizes for billing family of dead boy Updated: Feb-11-16 4:36 pm
CLEVELAND - The mayor of Cleveland apologized Thursday to the family of Tamir Rice, a black 12-year-old boy fatally shot by a white Cleveland police officer, for the city having sent the administrator of the boy's estate a "decedent's last dying expense" claim of $500 for ambulance services.
- The Latest: Taylor has no problem letting voters decide pot Updated: Feb-11-16 4:07 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The Latest from a forum for journalists organized by The Associated Press (all times local):
- LeBron donates uniforms to Toronto-area school teams Updated: Feb-11-16 3:16 pm
CLEVELAND - LeBron James crossed the Canadian border to dish out an All-Star assist.
- Cruz app data collection helps campaign read minds of voters Updated: Feb-11-16 3:13 pm
WASHINGTON - Protecting the privacy of law-abiding citizens from the government is a pillar of Ted Cruz's Republican presidential candidacy, but his campaign is testing the limits of siphoning personal data from supporters.
- Ex-Ohio Gov. Celeste backs unendorsed underdog for US Senate Updated: Feb-11-16 1:09 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Former Ohio Gov. Richard Celeste handed his endorsement on Thursday to the underdog in the Democratic race for U.S. Senate, candidate P.G. Sittenfeld.
- October trial for Ohio cop who shot driver in traffic stop Updated: Feb-11-16 12:38 pm
CINCINNATI - An October trial date has been scheduled for a former University of Cincinnati police officer charged with murder in the fatal shooting of a motorist after a traffic stop.