- Attorneys give arguments in Coast Guard killings Updated: Apr-24-14 10:40 pm
- Ex-fire chief comes out of retirement to lead AFD Updated: Apr-24-14 9:23 pm
- Tentative education deal overshadowed by Knik Arm Updated: Apr-24-14 9:04 pm
- Inmate injured in assault at Goose Creek prison Updated: Apr-24-14 3:55 pm
- Work starts on new power plant at Anchorage Updated: Apr-24-14 10:55 am
- Oscar-nominated director of sled dog film dies Updated: Apr-23-14 5:01 pm
- Fishing company pleads guilty in Alaska case Updated: Apr-23-14 11:34 am
- Someone steals Easter collection plate from church Updated: Apr-23-14 5:35 am
- Alaska: rescue copter blows deflating raft ashore Updated: Apr-23-14 2:41 am
- Capital budget 1 of last big pieces pending Updated: Apr-22-14 5:44 pm
- School bond group donors face election fines Updated: Apr-22-14 2:25 pm
- Anchorage airport police lose track of explosive Updated: Apr-22-14 11:19 am
- Coast Guard rescues 3 from ship south of Kodiak Updated: Apr-21-14 11:52 pm
- Feds charge 3 in counterfeiting cases Updated: Apr-21-14 8:46 pm
- Lawmakers plan to power through on education Updated: Apr-21-14 6:37 am
- Alaska village advances to national mascot finals Updated: Apr-20-14 8:55 am
- 'Dog publicist' uses Internet to save lives Updated: Apr-20-14 5:25 am
- High court: State has duty to protect inmates Updated: Apr-19-14 3:16 pm
- Settlement will allow land sale for Anchorage park Updated: Apr-19-14 8:26 am
- Jury convicts Anchorage man in stabbing death Updated: Apr-19-14 5:07 am
- Man pleads guilty in Alaska flight diversion case Updated: Apr-19-14 3:08 am
- Senate Finance unveils education bill rewrite Updated: Apr-19-14 12:16 am
- Feds: USPS worker takes disability, goes fishing Updated: Apr-18-14 8:43 pm
- Judge rejects witness in Kodiak Coast Guard trial Updated: Apr-18-14 7:43 pm
- Feds release initial report on crash near Bethel Updated: Apr-18-14 1:25 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - A man accused in a double homicide at a Coast Guard communications station in Alaska is the only possible killer in a circumstantial case, federal prosecutors said Thursday, countering defense arguments that the government failed to prove guilt beyond a reasonable doubt in a case built on speculation.
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Anchorage will be getting a new fire chief.
JUNEAU, Alaska - While lawmakers reached a tentative agreement on the education package that sent their session into overtime, another long-simmering issue re-emerged.
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - An inmate was hospitalized after he was assaulted at the Goose Creek Correctional Center, the third man attacked by another inmate this month and the second that day.
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - City and state officials helped break ground Wednesday for a $275 million power plant in east Anchorage.
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - An Oscar-nominated filmmaker who directed and produced a documentary detailing a 1925 sled dog run in Alaska to deliver life-saving serum has died.
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - A fishing corporation has been fined after pleading guilty to illegal fishing operations in Alaska state waters.
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Someone helped themselves to the collection plate at First United Methodist Church in downtown Anchorage.
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - The Air Force, Coast Guard and Alaska State Troopers have worked together to rescue a man who found himself on a deflating raft in Cook Inlet near Anchorage.
JUNEAU, Alaska - One of the last big pieces to be resolved before lawmakers wrap up their work is the capital budget.
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Donors to groups formed to support the passage of school bond issues are facing hefty fines from state election regulators.
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Police at the Anchorage airport lost track of a small quantity of explosives used for training bomb-sniffing dogs.
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - The Coast Guard has hoisted three injured crewmen from a Liberian-flagged ship about 200 miles south of Kodiak.
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Three Alaskans have been charged in two separate counterfeiting cases, federal authorities announced Monday.
JUNEAU, Alaska - After blowing past midnight on what was supposed to be the last day of session, Alaska lawmakers planned to plow on with their work on Monday in a bid to resolve their differences on education.
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - The northwest Alaska village of Deering may be tiny - with just 130 residents - but its school mascot is in the running for a national championship of nicknames.
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - At the Mat-Su Borough Animal Care Facility on Sunday morning, Rachel Reese set up two portable lights, unzipped a canvas bag crammed with animal-sized cowboy hats, bow-ties and a cardboard sign that read "Free Hugs." Then she readied herself for her rambunctious, leashed clients: the dogs of the animal shelter.
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - A former prison inmate in Alaska can move forward with his lawsuit claiming the state Department of Corrections failed to protect him from another inmate, the Alaska Supreme Court ruled Friday.
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - The settlement of a claim on property owned by the Boys and Girls Clubs of Alaska will allow the land to be sold to the city of Anchorage for a park.
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - A 32-year-old Anchorage man has been convicted of repeatedly stabbing another man to death after chasing him down on foot.
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - A 38-year-old man arrested after what was described as unruly behavior that caused a Tokyo to New York flight to be diverted to Anchorage has pleaded guilty to interfering with a flight crew.
JUNEAU, Alaska - The Senate Finance Committee proposed an overhaul to a broad-ranging education bill Friday, opting to provide additional money to districts outside the per-pupil funding formula. Critics called the approach disappointing.
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - A former U.S. Postal Service employee in Anchorage was arraigned Friday on charges he accepted at least $334,000 in disability and worker's comp payments while he spent his summers fishing.
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - An inmate known as "Eyeball" will not be taking the stand for the defense in a Kodiak Coast Guard double homicide case - at least for now - after a judge ruled Friday there's no proven connection between him and the case.
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - A small commercial plane was flying at about 3,400 feet when it crashed near Bethel, killing the two pilots on board, according to a preliminary report by the National Transportation Safety Board.