- Walker attends first meeting of new tribal advisory council Updated: May-05-16 4:01 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Gov. Bill Walker has attended the first meeting of the new Governor's Tribal Advisory Council, a panel of Alaska Native leaders established by his administration.
- Authorities: Pair lived in camper, daughters in filthy house Updated: May-04-16 8:13 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - An Alaska couple faces child neglect charges after authorities said their two teenage daughters lived in the basement of a filthy, mold-filled house without heat or power while the couple stayed in a camper in the driveway.
- General Communication posts 1Q profit Updated: May-04-16 7:47 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - ANCHORAGE, Alaska - General Communication Inc. (GNCMA) on Wednesday reported first-quarter net income of $1.1 million, after reporting a loss in the same period a year earlier.
- Agency: Eagle hit Alaska plane before crash that killed 4 Updated: May-04-16 7:46 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - A small airplane hit a bald eagle before it crashed and burst into flames just north of Anchorage last month, killing all four people on board, authorities said Wednesday.
- The Latest: Investigators examine where eagle hit airplane Updated: May-04-16 7:27 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - The Latest on investigators saying a bald eagle struck a small plane before in crashed last month in Alaska (all times local):
- Alaska company seeks ruling that permafrost can't be wetland Updated: May-04-16 6:17 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - An Alaska business has sued the Army Corps of Engineers, seeking a ruling that permanently frozen ground cannot be regulated as wetland.
- Mat-Su school superintendent picked for Anchorage job Updated: May-03-16 11:48 am
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - The current superintendent of the Matanuska-Susitna Borough School District has been picked to head the Anchorage School District.
- Teen who killed bicyclist in Anchorage begins prison term Updated: May-03-16 9:05 am
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - A teenager who struck and killed a bicyclist while driving drunk in Anchorage has started her four-month prison sentence.
- Air Force, Anchorage working out deal for city park Updated: May-02-16 9:01 am
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Anchorage officials and the U.S. Air Force are working toward a solution after finding that the city may have to start paying hundreds of thousands of dollars each year for a 78-acre park on military land.
- Federal regulations shut down Alaska's opiate detox centers Updated: May-01-16 1:20 pm
JUNEAU, Alaska - Alaska's only residential detox facilities for opiate addiction have closed due to a federal regulation change.
- Man abandoned 30 years ago tries to find his birth family Updated: Apr-30-16 8:05 am
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Nobody knows just how long the baby lay there that September night in 1986.
- Iditarod bans musher in domestic violence case from '17 race Updated: Apr-29-16 7:12 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - A musher who has been charged in a domestic violence case has been banned from next year's Iditarod, race officials announced Friday in Alaska.
- The Latest: Iditarod bans musher in domestic violence case Updated: Apr-29-16 7:08 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - The Latest on the Iditarod banning a musher facing domestic violence charges from next year's race (all times local):
- Assisted living home faces $75,000 fine for workplace death Updated: Apr-28-16 6:00 am
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Labor officials have fined an Anchorage assisted living home $75,000 for alleged safety and health violations in connection with the death of a caregiver who was killed by a resident of the home.
- Alaska weighing rules to allow use of pot at licensed stores Updated: Apr-27-16 9:59 pm
JUNEAU, Alaska - Some activists have a vision for Alaska's upstart marijuana industry that could have Anchorage looking more like Amsterdam in the years ahead.
- The Latest: Alaska floats rules for pot use at certain shops Updated: Apr-27-16 9:26 pm
JUNEAU, Alaska - The Latest on regulations intended to allow use of marijuana in some Alaska businesses that will sell pot. (all times local):
- Anchorage police investigate 3 east-side robberies in 3 days Updated: Apr-27-16 3:33 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Anchorage police are investigating three robberies in three days of small businesses on the city's northeast side, including two at the same gas station and convenience store.
- The Latest: Man with gun robs Anchorage fast food restaurant Updated: Apr-27-16 1:22 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - The Latest on robberies at businesses on Anchorage's east side:
- Condition of Alaska bear mauling victim improves Updated: Apr-26-16 9:08 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - The university professor mauled while leading a mountaineering class in southeast Alaska continues to improve.
- Correction: Alaska-Bear Mauling story Updated: Apr-26-16 4:08 pm
JUNEAU, Alaska - In stories April 20 and earlier about the mauling of a University of Alaska Southeast outdoors professor leading students in a mountaineering class, The Associated Press reported erroneously a student had to hike to a different area to get cell reception to call for help. Alaska State Troopers now say the student was seeking a satellite signal not cellphone reception.
- Man with gun robs northeast Anchorage gas station Updated: Apr-25-16 3:28 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - A man with a gun robbed an Anchorage gas station Monday and remains at large.
- Troopers release names of 2 killed on Seward Highway Updated: Apr-25-16 1:55 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Two people killed last week in a Seward Highway crash north of Girdwood were residents of Kasilof (kah-SEE-lauf).
- Consumer confidence falls as Alaska economy struggles Updated: Apr-24-16 3:03 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Consumer confidence has fallen to a five-year low as Alaksa continues to struggle with a weak oil sector, budget cuts and a contentious legislative session.
- Alaska aquarium replaces fossil fuel with seawater system Updated: Apr-23-16 6:31 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Thousands of people visit the Alaska SeaLife Center in Seward for a look at Steller sea lions or harlequin ducks.
- Mental Health Trust considers project in Southeast Alaska Updated: Apr-23-16 5:19 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - The Alaska Mental Health Trust Land Office is considering a heavy mineral prospect in Southeast Alaska.