- Budget work continues on last day of session Updated: Apr-21-14 3:11 am
- Education a sticking point as session nears end Updated: Apr-20-14 10:28 pm
- Alaska village advances to national mascot finals Updated: Apr-20-14 8:55 am
- 'Dog publicist' uses Internet to save lives Updated: Apr-20-14 5:25 am
- High court: State has duty to protect inmates Updated: Apr-19-14 3:16 pm
- Settlement will allow land sale for Anchorage park Updated: Apr-19-14 8:26 am
- Jury convicts Anchorage man in stabbing death Updated: Apr-19-14 5:07 am
- Man pleads guilty in Alaska flight diversion case Updated: Apr-19-14 3:08 am
- Senate Finance unveils education bill rewrite Updated: Apr-19-14 12:16 am
- Feds: USPS worker takes disability, goes fishing Updated: Apr-18-14 8:43 pm
- Judge rejects witness in Kodiak Coast Guard trial Updated: Apr-18-14 7:43 pm
- Feds release initial report on crash near Bethel Updated: Apr-18-14 1:25 pm
- Anchorage psychiatrist charged with fraud Updated: Apr-17-14 3:38 pm
- Expert: Kansas church protesters unlikely to show Updated: Apr-16-14 9:43 pm
- Former UAA professor arraigned on pornography charges Updated: Apr-16-14 9:27 pm
- Alaska pot supporters make deal with opponents Updated: Apr-16-14 9:20 pm
- Walgreens plans 2 stores in Fairbanks Updated: Apr-16-14 1:25 pm
- Families seek answers in Alaska jail deaths Updated: Apr-16-14 1:19 pm
- Saint Marys man dead in ATV accident Updated: Apr-16-14 5:16 am
- Developers eye Anchorage site for housing project Updated: Apr-15-14 12:46 pm
- Savoonga carver dies in Nome Updated: Apr-14-14 7:46 pm
- Family seeks answers in Alaska inmate's death Updated: Apr-14-14 7:17 pm
- Man, sons rescued after wife calls for help Updated: Apr-14-14 11:17 am
- Divided Alaska House passes minimum wage bill Updated: Apr-14-14 2:34 am
- '64 quake focus of Anchorage Museum exhibit Updated: Apr-11-14 6:07 pm
JUNEAU, Alaska - On the last scheduled day of the legislative session, state lawmakers were still trying to finish writing the capital budget on Sunday.
JUNEAU, Alaska - State lawmakers were trying to reach an agreement Sunday on a broad-reaching education bill, with the clock winding down on the 90-day session.
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - The northwest Alaska village of Deering may be tiny - with just 130 residents - but its school mascot is in the running for a national championship of nicknames.
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - At the Mat-Su Borough Animal Care Facility on Sunday morning, Rachel Reese set up two portable lights, unzipped a canvas bag crammed with animal-sized cowboy hats, bow-ties and a cardboard sign that read "Free Hugs." Then she readied herself for her rambunctious, leashed clients: the dogs of the animal shelter.
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - A former prison inmate in Alaska can move forward with his lawsuit claiming the state Department of Corrections failed to protect him from another inmate, the Alaska Supreme Court ruled Friday.
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - The settlement of a claim on property owned by the Boys and Girls Clubs of Alaska will allow the land to be sold to the city of Anchorage for a park.
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - A 32-year-old Anchorage man has been convicted of repeatedly stabbing another man to death after chasing him down on foot.
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - A 38-year-old man arrested after what was described as unruly behavior that caused a Tokyo to New York flight to be diverted to Anchorage has pleaded guilty to interfering with a flight crew.
JUNEAU, Alaska - The Senate Finance Committee proposed an overhaul to a broad-ranging education bill Friday, opting to provide additional money to districts outside the per-pupil funding formula. Critics called the approach disappointing.
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - A former U.S. Postal Service employee in Anchorage was arraigned Friday on charges he accepted at least $334,000 in disability and worker's comp payments while he spent his summers fishing.
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - An inmate known as "Eyeball" will not be taking the stand for the defense in a Kodiak Coast Guard double homicide case - at least for now - after a judge ruled Friday there's no proven connection between him and the case.
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - A small commercial plane was flying at about 3,400 feet when it crashed near Bethel, killing the two pilots on board, according to a preliminary report by the National Transportation Safety Board.
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - An Anchorage psychiatrist is accused of billing Medicaid more than $300,000 for services authorities said were never provided.
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - An expert on hate groups said it was unlikely protesters from a nationally known Kansas church will show up in Alaska to picket two institutions, despite their announcements to do so.
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - A former astronomy and physics instructor at the University of Alaska Anchorage has pleaded not guilty to 14 child pornography charges.
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - The group behind a ballot measure to legalize the recreational use of marijuana in Alaska said Wednesday it would gladly contribute funds to their opponents - if they prove pot is more dangerous than alcohol.
FAIRBANKS, Alaska - The nation's largest drug store plans to open two locations in Fairbanks this year.
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - The families of two inmates who died in Alaska jails within a week of each other are looking for answers to questions they say are not being answered.
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - A Saint Marys man has died in a one-vehicle crash involving an all-terrain vehicle.
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Developers are planning to build an upscale housing complex in Anchorage at the site of an aging mobile home park.
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - A well-known carver from Savoonga has died in a hit-and-run accident in Nome, and charges are pending against the driver.
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - A California parolee who recently was found dead in his Alaska jail cell continued to be held in custody even though his case had been dismissed more than a week earlier.
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Alaska State Troopers say a 39-year-old Eagle River man and his two sons were rescued after they were reported overdue from a hike.
JUNEAU, Alaska - A divided Alaska House on Sunday voted to raise the state minimum wage, amid suspicions of lawmakers' motives.
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - An exhibit recalling the devastating 1964 Alaska earthquake features the good and the bad of the quake.