- Bill seeks changes to autopsy process Updated: Mar-09-14 6:21 pm
- Father, son face assault charges in Kodiak Updated: Mar-09-14 3:16 pm
- Light earthquake felt in Anchorage Updated: Mar-09-14 2:52 pm
- Gas line, permitting bills things to watch Updated: Mar-09-14 2:07 pm
- Nonresident begins term on Alaska assessment board Updated: Mar-08-14 4:35 pm
- Crime bill tries to slow Alaska incarceration rate Updated: Mar-08-14 1:08 pm
- Drummond to work remotely as husband recovers Updated: Mar-08-14 7:05 am
- Police identify woman found dead in Anchorage home Updated: Mar-08-14 6:14 am
- Training exercise: Anchorage fire captain dies Updated: Mar-07-14 10:10 pm
- Quarantine against 5 invasive plants in Alaska Updated: Mar-07-14 10:30 am
- Anchorage orders vans for riders with disabilities Updated: Mar-07-14 6:14 am
- Former crime lab employee charge with 6 felonies Updated: Mar-06-14 9:49 pm
- Senate committee moves amendment for student loans Updated: Mar-06-14 6:56 pm
- Bill would cut Alaska ferry workers' salaries Updated: Mar-06-14 4:04 pm
- Senate Judiciary considers banning synthetic drugs Updated: Mar-06-14 5:06 am
- Carpeneti opposes Judicial Council change Updated: Mar-05-14 11:37 pm
- Iditarod racer flown to hospital with broken ankle Updated: Mar-05-14 8:31 pm
- USSA Junior Nationals held in Vermont Updated: Mar-05-14 7:06 pm
- Man says dog saved his life after snowmobile crash Updated: Mar-05-14 4:17 pm
- 11 mushers scratch, 1 withdrawn from Iditarod Updated: Mar-05-14 11:03 am
- Anchorage office heavily damaged by vandalism Updated: Mar-04-14 4:48 pm
- State campaign for safe surrender awareness Updated: Mar-04-14 3:50 pm
- Alaska Editorials Updated: Mar-04-14 2:08 pm
- State extends interior mental health contract Updated: Mar-03-14 1:11 pm
- Anchorage police discrimination trial to begin Updated: Mar-02-14 6:25 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Alaska lawmakers are considering a measure that makes changes to the state's autopsy and death certificate process.
KODIAK, Alaska - Alaska State Troopers say a Kodiak man was arrested for assaulting officers who arrived at a home to arrest the man's son.
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Seismologists say a minor earthquake occurred in Alaska, and was felt in Anchorage.
JUNEAU, Alaska - With the Legislature more than halfway through its scheduled 90-day session, major bills are starting to take shape - and a controversial bill from the past has re-emerged.
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - A California man with ties to the oil industry is the newest member of the Alaska board that sets the value for oil industry property, and a spokeswoman for Gov. Sean Parnell says the appointment is legal - despite a state law that requires board members to be registered Alaska voters.
JUNEAU, Alaska - Prisons.
JUNEAU, Alaska - Rep. Harriet Drummond plans to participate in committee meetings by remote as her husband recovers from open heart surgery.
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Anchorage police have released the name of a 23-year-old woman found dead in a home.
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - The Anchorage Fire Department chief says a 51-year-old fire captain collapsed and died after participating in what was described as a routine but strenuous training activity.
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - The state Department of Natural Resources has established a quarantine for five invasive aquatic plant species that threaten to infest Alaska's rivers and lakes.
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Anchorage is getting new rides for commuters with disabilities.
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - An investigation of irregularities of the Alaska State Crime Lab led to the arrest of a former employee Thursday.
JUNEAU, Alaska - The Senate State Affairs Committee on Thursday advanced a proposed constitutional amendment that would allow state backing on low-interest loans for students interested in college.
JUNEAU, Alaska - A bill pending in the Alaska Senate would strip state ferry workers of their cost-of-living adjustment.
JUNEAU, Alaska - The Senate Judiciary Committee began hearings on a bill banning certain synthetic drugs even though the Wasilla City Council has rejected a similar ordinance.
JUNEAU, Alaska - A former chief justice of the Alaska Supreme Court said Wednesday he doesn't see a need to change the state's constitution to alter the makeup of the Alaska Judicial Council.
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - An Iditarod Trail Sled Dog Race musher was flown to a hospital after a harrowing ordeal that included crashing his sled, hitting his head on a tree stump and getting knocked unconscious, and later falling through ice and breaking his ankle.
STOWE, Vermont - A week after the Winter Olympics came to a close, possible future Olympians from around the country are competing in the USSA Junior National Cross-Country Skiing Championships.
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - A 52-year-old Alaska man says his dog saved his life after a snowmobile crash left him injured in the woods.
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Treacherous, snowless trail conditions continue to take their toll on mushers in the Iditarod Trail Sled Dog Race in Alaska.
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - The Anchorage office of a nonprofit organization has been heavily damaged by vandalism and a 17-year-old boy is in custody in connection with the crime.
JUNEAU, Alaska - The death of a newborn has sparked an advertising campaign by the state to make the public aware of a new law allowing mothers to safely relinquish their babies without fear of prosecution.
Here is a sampling of editorial opinions from Alaska newspapers:
FAIRBANKS, Alaska - The state has extended a contract with an organization to provide mental health services in Alaska's interior.
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Trial is scheduled to begin Monday in a lawsuit alleging racial discrimination by the Anchorage Police Department.