- Family of 11 displaced after fire destroys trailer home Updated: Aug-03-15 7:04 am
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - A family of nearly a dozen people have been displaced after a fire destroyed their trailer home in Anchorage.
- Westchester Lagoon snack shack offers jobs to youth in need Updated: Aug-02-15 4:49 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - The mint-colored shack near Westchester Lagoon in Anchorage has reopened this summer as a snack-selling offspring of the Busy Beans coffee shop tucked in Government Hill. But there's more to the business model than just selling confections and drinks to park and trail users.
- Only methadone clinic in Mat-Su Valley will close Updated: Aug-02-15 10:52 am
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - The only methadone clinic in Alaska's Mat-Su Valley will close in less than a month.
- July was wettest on record for Juneau, says weather service Updated: Aug-02-15 9:50 am
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - The National Weather Service says this July was the wettest on record for Juneau.
- Fire officials say playground fire appears intentional Updated: Aug-02-15 9:41 am
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Fire officials say they are looking for information about who might have set fire to an elementary school playground.
- Troopers: 1 dead, others injured, in Alaska highway crash Updated: Jul-31-15 7:52 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Alaska State Troopers say one person is dead and numerous others are injured in a highway crash involving at least seven vehicles, including a tour bus.
- With protest over, Shell prepares for Arctic Ocean drilling Updated: Jul-31-15 5:53 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Hours after a repaired Shell icebreaker eased past protesters in Oregon to join an Arctic drilling operation, the oil giant used other vessels in its flotilla to begin excavating off the coast of Alaska in hopes of confirming the presence of billions of barrels of crude below the ocean floor.
- Service providers struggle amid state grant delay Updated: Jul-31-15 1:43 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - An Anchorage methadone clinic is turning people away as they wait for the state to send its grant award notice for the coming fiscal year.
- Anchorage man pleads guilty in 2014 death of girlfriend Updated: Jul-31-15 9:31 am
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - An Anchorage man has pleaded guilty to second-degree murder after fatally shooting his girlfriend in his family's home last year.
- Cooling fan failure suspected in Aleutians emergency landing Updated: Jul-30-15 3:34 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - A preliminary inspection conducted after the emergency landing of a Cathay Pacific flight at a remote air base in the Aleutian Islands indicates that an equipment cooling fan failed, the Hong Kong-based airline said Thursday.
- Anchorage doctor sentenced to prison for Medicaid fraud Updated: Jul-30-15 3:04 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - An Anchorage physician convicted of defrauding the government of Medicaid funding has been sentenced to three and a half years in prison.
- Police say training will produce loud noises in Anchorage Updated: Jul-30-15 12:10 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Anchorage police are warning residents that loud noises may be heard Thursday near 26th Avenue and Eagle Street.
- Anchorage hospital for service members named for Chris Kyle Updated: Jul-29-15 7:04 am
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - A new Anchorage hospital for veterans and active duty military in need of mental health care has been dedicated to the late Chris Kyle, the Navy SEAL who inspired the movie "American Sniper."
- Magnitude-6.3 quake felt by some in Anchorage, Kodiak Updated: Jul-28-15 11:32 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - A magnitude-6.3 earthquake has shaken southern Alaska and was felt by some people in Anchorage and Kodiak.
- Black bear spotted in Fairbanks neighborhood Updated: Jul-28-15 11:31 am
FAIRBANKS, Alaska - A black bear has been spotted wandering around the Fairbanks neighborhood of Goldstream Valley.
- Appeals Court orders review of video testimony in abuse case Updated: Jul-27-15 6:05 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - A Fairbanks man convicted in 2013 of sexually abusing two young girls will have his case reviewed after the Alaska Court of Appeals determined the children's videotaped testimony did not receive proper scrutiny by the trial judge.
- Anchorage police seek driver who struck, injured bicyclist Updated: Jul-27-15 5:57 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Anchorage Police want help finding a driver who struck a man on a bicycle, fracturing his leg.
- Strong earthquake rattles Alaska's Aleutian Islands Updated: Jul-27-15 2:55 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - The U.S. Geological Survey is reporting no damage from a strong earthquake that rocked Alaska's Aleutian Islands.
- Federal laws have banks turning away marijuana businesses Updated: Jul-27-15 2:52 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Federal laws tying marijuana money with money laundering has banks turning away marijuana businesses.
- Dozens of Anchorage residents displaced following flood Updated: Jul-27-15 12:50 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - The storm that flooded Anchorage streets Saturday night also washed away Janice Anderson's first home in 10 years.
- Anchorage inmate in custody for 20 years dies Updated: Jul-27-15 7:04 am
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Alaska State troopers say an Anchorage Jail inmate who had been in custody for 20 years died at a local hospital.
- Anchorage sees spate of deaths in homeless population Updated: Jul-26-15 12:46 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - A 61-year-old homeless man found dead Thursday in Anchorage, according to police. That makes the fifth local homeless person to die in less than two weeks.
- Porcupines likely Alaska's no. 1 roadkill Updated: Jul-26-15 11:50 am
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Alaska drivers know to be watchful for moose darting into traffic.
- Flooding closes Anchorage streets, forces evacuation Updated: Jul-26-15 9:49 am
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Flash flooding has shut down Anchorage streets, stranded cars and forced the evacuation of an apartment building.
- Sleeping by the fishes Updated: Jul-26-15 4:09 am
KENAI, Alaska - Each year, thousands of eager Alaskans flood the north and south Kenai beaches for the personal-use dipnet season with the same goal in mind: catching fish.