- Norway's King Harald plans public appearances in Anchorage Updated: May-27-15 1:41 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - The king of Norway will be in Anchorage on Wednesday and has business and cultural events scheduled.
- Troopers say Kotlik remains may be those of missing boy Updated: May-27-15 10:53 am
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Alaska State Troopers say human remains found in Kotlik may be those of a missing 4-year-old boy.
- LaSalle man accused of timber thefts arrested in Alaska Updated: May-26-15 5:03 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Louisiana officials say a LaSalle Parish man accused of timber thefts worth more than $100,000 was arrested in Alaska where they say he was planning to flee to Canada.
- Man dies in south Anchorage shooting Updated: May-26-15 10:30 am
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Anchorage police are investigating a south Anchorage shooting Monday night that left a man dead.
- USGS: Light earthquake in Alaska's Fox Islands Updated: May-25-15 6:29 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - The U.S. Geological Survey says there was a light earthquake in Alaska's Fox Islands region.
- Homer writer starts new romance series Updated: May-25-15 4:46 pm
HOMER, Alaska - As romance writers go, Jennifer Bernard said she still thinks of herself as a newbie - even though she has published six novels, three novellas and a short story in three years. That's faster than some Homer boat builders crank out skiffs.
- Anchorage arrest felon spotted with handgun Updated: May-24-15 7:52 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - A convicted Anchorage felon spotted Sunday carrying a weapon has been arrested.
- Anchorage man critically injured in motorcycle crash Updated: May-24-15 2:08 pm
TALKEETNA, Alaska - A 67-year-old motorcycle driver was critically injured and flown to an Anchorage hospital after crashing Saturday morning near Talkeetna.
- Coast Guard, agencies respond to Cook Inlet fuel spill Updated: May-24-15 1:20 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - The Coast Guard is responding to a fuel spill in southeastern Cook Inlet.
- Anchorage airman catches first king salmon at Ship Creek Updated: May-23-15 9:22 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - An Anchorage airman caught the first confirmed king salmon at Ship Creek.
- Mother pleads not guilty to assaulting child on plane Updated: May-22-15 9:56 pm
HONOLULU - A mother pleaded not guilty Friday to charges that she physically and verbally assaulted her 15-month-old daughter during an Alaska Airlines flight from Anchorage, Alaska, to Honolulu.
- Portion of Dalton Highway to remain closed until next week Updated: May-22-15 7:51 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - About 80 miles of the Dalton Highway north of the Brooks Range will remain closed until at least next week because of flooding.
- Troopers investigate Anchorage inmate's death Updated: May-22-15 7:46 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - An investigation is underway after a 26--year-old inmate at the Anchorage Correctional Complex died.
- FBI detonates old dynamite found in Alaska mining camp Updated: May-22-15 7:59 am
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - FBI officials have detonated a batch of old dynamite discovered at a mining camp north of the Eureka Roadhouse along the Glenn Highway.
- Alaska's popular walrus cam streams again after a decade Updated: May-22-15 1:09 am
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - A popular webcam showing large male Pacific walruses lying on the beach with a Hitchcockian number of seabirds flying overhead is once again streaming to the Internet.
- Police: Deaths of couple, 2 kids appear to be murder-suicide Updated: May-21-15 1:29 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Anchorage police say the shooting deaths of a couple and their two children at a home last week appear to be a case of murder-suicide.
- Anchorage School District says it won't lay off teachers Updated: May-21-15 10:54 am
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - After the Anchorage School Board cut about 60 classroom teacher positions from next school year's budget, teachers in the Anchorage School District can be happy knowing they won't be laid off.
- ACLU says Anchorage restriction on alcohol sales illegal Updated: May-21-15 8:01 am
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - The ACLU of Alaska is saying last month's city proposal to prevent three-time users of Anchorage's emergency sobering center from buying alcohol is illegal under state law. The group maintains that it would violate privacy by sharing confidential records with liquor stores.
- Senate panel advances revised sexual assault prevention bill Updated: May-20-15 7:34 pm
JUNEAU, Alaska - The Senate Education Committee on Wednesday advanced a rewrite of legislation that would leave as optional sexual assault prevention and awareness programs in Alaska public schools.
- Charges dropped against former Boy Scouts' store manager Updated: May-20-15 7:43 am
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Charges have been dropped against the former store manager for Alaska's Boy Scouts, who was accused of stealing more than $27,000 from the organization.
- 15-year-old arrested in assault of bicyclist Updated: May-19-15 8:08 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Anchorage police have arrested a teenager in an assault that left a bicyclist with a skull fracture.
- Halcro helps lead Anchorage mayor's transition team Updated: May-19-15 5:50 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - A former rival will serve as a leader of the transition team for Anchorage Mayor-elect Ethan Berkowitz.
- Man in Anchorage drug ring gets 3 life sentences Updated: May-19-15 7:59 am
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - A man involved in a violent drug ring that operated in Anchorage has received three life sentences for his crimes.
- Gov. Bill Walker veto means layoff notices could loom Updated: May-18-15 9:06 pm
JUNEAU, Alaska - Gov. Bill Walker warned Monday that about 15,000 state employees could be laid off amid a continued budget showdown with the Legislature. A debate also escalated over whether the special session will continue to be held in Juneau or moved to Anchorage.
- Girl dies when boat leaning against house falls on her Updated: May-18-15 2:29 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Alaska State Troopers say a 3-year-old western Alaska girl has died after a boat fell on top of her.