- Anchorage man charged with murder in weekend stabbing death Updated: May-04-15 9:05 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - An Anchorage man was charged Monday in a weekend stabbing attack that left a man dead and the suspect's former girlfriend critically injured in her mobile home, authorities said.
- Temporary water filtration system installed at Alatna Updated: May-03-15 6:35 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Residents of a tiny interior Alaska will no longer have to cross a river to obtain potable water.
- Plans advancing to raze properties acquired for Knik project Updated: May-02-15 7:05 am
JUNEAU, Alaska - The state transportation department plans to move ahead with demolishing three Anchorage properties acquired as part of the idled Knik Arm bridge project.
- Group continues effort to get setnet ban on 2016 ballot Updated: May-01-15 6:46 pm
JUNEAU, Alaska - A proposed voter initiative to ban setnets in urban parts of Alaska is making its way toward the ballot, while a lawsuit over its legality continues.
- Trooper at center of Palin probe loses police certificate Updated: May-01-15 3:58 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Officials have revoked the law enforcement certification of the former Alaska State Trooper at the center of the so-called Troopergate scandal that led to investigations into whether Sarah Palin abused her power as governor.
- Port of Anchorage sees first new construction in 4 decades Updated: May-01-15 2:26 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Methanol will soon be transported through the Port of Anchorage as Delta Western begins construction on a new tank to hold the fuel and a truck rack to distribute it.
- Feds still trying to plan fate of Alaska island feral cattle Updated: May-01-15 2:26 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Federal wildlife managers are still trying to determine the fate of hundreds of feral cattle that have long gone without caretakers on a remote, uninhabited Alaska island.
- 2-hour Anchorage standoff ends with man's arrest Updated: May-01-15 9:10 am
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - A man who witnesses say fired shots and smashed a window was arrested in Anchorage Thursday night after a two-hour standoff with police and a SWAT team.
- Anchorage School District proposal lays off 20 teachers Updated: May-01-15 9:07 am
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - About 20 teachers may be looking for new jobs under a proposal that would reduce the Anchorage School District budget by $16.7 million for the coming school year.
- Campion to replace Marshall as Anchorage district attorney Updated: May-01-15 7:07 am
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - The Alaska Department of Law has picked a replacement for Anchorage District Attorney Sharon Marshall.
- Resolution passes allowing recess while committees meet Updated: Apr-30-15 10:37 pm
JUNEAU, Alaska - The Alaska Legislature passed a resolution Thursday authorizing a recess in floor sessions until May 12 while the House and Senate Finance committees continue to meet.
- Biologists capture all 5 bears out of Anchorage neighborhood Updated: Apr-30-15 3:28 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Biologists have captured the last of five black bears that were frequenting an Anchorage neighborhood.
- Troopers say second man dies of injuries from shooting Updated: Apr-30-15 1:44 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Alaska State Troopers say a second man has died from injuries sustained in a shooting in Talkeetna.
- Police: Moose fatally stabbed in Alaska park; 3 men arrested Updated: Apr-29-15 10:20 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Three men have been accused of stabbing a young moose to death at a park in Alaska's largest city, and police said witnesses reported seeing the men punching the animal and walking away.
- GPS collars track bears in urban Anchorage Updated: Apr-29-15 9:04 am
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Eager wildlife watchers can now get a bears'-eye view of what it's like to live in urban Anchorage from the comfort and safety of their homes.
- Shell, Greenpeace spar over Arctic drilling safety zones Updated: Apr-29-15 1:44 am
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Attorneys for Royal Dutch Shell PLC presented testimony to a federal court judge Tuesday that the company needs safety zones around its Arctic drill fleet to prevent Greenpeace USA activists from endangering company workers and themselves.
- Troopers say Tanana man dies in ATV crash Updated: Apr-28-15 11:37 am
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Alaska State Troopers say a 46-year-old Tanana man has died in an all-terrain vehicle crash near the interior community.
- Correction: National Guard story Updated: Apr-27-15 1:50 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - In a story April 25 about the release of National Guard emails, The Associated Press reported erroneously the name of the Alaska assistant attorney general. She is Cori Mills, not Connie Mills.
- Troopers arrest 2 after finding stolen items in Kenai home Updated: Apr-26-15 4:37 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Two Kenai men have been arrested after a home search that turned up stolen items.
- Moderate quake shakes Cook Inlet region Updated: Apr-25-15 5:37 am
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Officials says a moderate earthquake shook the area around the Cook Inlet in southern Alaska, but there were no reports of problems.
- Military vets plan to summit peak in Memorial Day tribute Updated: Apr-25-15 2:04 am
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Four military veterans are aiming to summit North America's tallest mountain on Memorial Day, armed with the names of hundreds of Americans who have died while serving their country.
- Anchorage jury convicts Jerry Active in murder trial Updated: Apr-24-15 5:43 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - An Anchorage jury returned a guilty verdict in the double-murder trial of a 26-year-old man charged with killing two grandparents.
- UAA senior leaders will take summer furloughs Updated: Apr-24-15 4:38 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Senior leaders at the University of Alaska Anchorage will being taking furloughs this summer in an effort to cut into a budget shorfall of $19.5 million.
- Anchorage police arrest suspect in kidnapping, sex assault Updated: Apr-24-15 12:16 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - A 20-year-old man was arrested in connection with the sexual assault of an Anchorage woman, who also was kidnapped along with her children.
- Woman arrested in connection with mobile home blaze Updated: Apr-23-15 5:03 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Anchorage police have arrested a 24-year-old woman who is accused of setting a fire at a mobile home after threatening three people there with a knife.