- Activists push for more detox beds in Anchorage Updated: Feb-14-16 12:27 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Community activists are pushing for more detox beds in Anchorage, where only 14 are available in a city of 300,000.
- Earthquake damage closes Anchorage school library, gym Updated: Feb-13-16 5:08 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Damage from magnitude-7.1 earthquake in January has closed an Anchorage school library and gym.
- Organizers plan no course changes for this year's Iditarod Updated: Feb-12-16 4:37 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Officials decided Friday there will be no course changes for this year's Iditarod Trail Sled Dog Race despite a lack of snow in Anchorage.
- The Latest: Board decides to start Iditarod near Anchorage Updated: Feb-12-16 3:11 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - The Latest on the start location of this year's Iditarod Trail Sled Dog Race in Alaska (all times local):
- Police: Official killed in police shooting pointed shotgun Updated: Feb-12-16 1:43 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - North Slope Borough police say the officer involved in a fire official's fatal shooting in Barrow acted after the man pointed a shotgun at police.
- Sitka hosts mask exhibit featuring 10 common Alaska diseases Updated: Feb-12-16 4:06 am
SITKA, Alaska - Growing up in Eagle River, Drew Michael pursued art with a fervency that reached "nerd" levels.
- Alaska adopts new rules for dispersant use in oil spills Updated: Feb-11-16 4:40 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Alaska oil spill responders have adopted new rules for the rapid use of chemical dispersant but say dispersant will continue to be considered only rarely when mechanical cleanup is not practical.
- Police ID man who died in single car crash last week Updated: Feb-11-16 3:47 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Police have identified the driver who died in a one-vehicle crash in South Anchorage last week.
- Inmate suffers life-threatening injuries at Kenai prison Updated: Feb-11-16 11:36 am
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - An inmate at a prison in Kenai was transported to Anchorage after suffering life-threatening injuries in an assault.
- Kenai Peninsula remains top location for affordable housing Updated: Feb-11-16 7:25 am
KENAI, Alaska - While the price for homes is cheaper in Fairbanks, purchasing a home in the Kenai Peninsula Borough may be the most affordable option statewide.
- Low snow causes havoc again with Iditarod Updated: Feb-10-16 9:57 pm
WASILLA, Alaska - Another low snow year in Alaska is playing havoc with the world's most famous sled dog race, at least for the start.
- Man killed in Alaska police shooting was lawmaker's nephew Updated: Feb-10-16 7:03 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - A volunteer fire official who died in an officer-involved shooting in a northern Alaska community was the nephew of a state lawmaker.
- The Latest: Man in Alaska shooting was lawmaker's nephew Updated: Feb-10-16 6:34 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - The Latest on a police-involved death in a northern Alaska town (all times local):
- Utilities seek ConocoPhillips stake in Cook Inlet gas field Updated: Feb-09-16 7:20 am
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Two Anchorage-based utility companies have teamed up to purchase a portion of a Cook Inlet gas field under a $152 million deal with ConocoPhillips.
- Alaska House to focus on budget-related bills Updated: Feb-08-16 10:14 pm
JUNEAU, Alaska - The Alaska House passed a resolution Monday aimed at focusing committee work on the state's budget deficit, while minority Democrats pushed for a more inclusive process to find budget solutions.
- TSA struggles to fill vacant positions at Alaska's airports Updated: Feb-08-16 7:52 am
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - The Transportation Security Administration says it's having difficulty filling the open positions at more than a dozen airports across Alaska.
- Eagle River residents weigh in on Anchorage marijuana rules Updated: Feb-07-16 1:38 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Anchorage votes on its marijuana business rules next week and residents in an Anchorage community that mostly voted against recreational pot in Alaska are weighing in.
- Alaska moves to prosecute witness in Ted Stevens trial Updated: Feb-05-16 6:25 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Alaska's attorney general is again seeking an explanation from the U.S. Department of Justice on why it did not file child exploitation charges against a businessman who testified in the corruption trial of the late U.S. Sen. Ted Stevens.
- Person dies in single-vehicle Anchorage traffic crash Updated: Feb-05-16 11:26 am
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - A fatal car crash early Friday morning closed a busy Anchorage intersection.
- Suspected shoplifters fire BB gun at security guards Updated: Feb-04-16 8:49 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - A fourth juvenile has been arrested in shoplifting incident that left two Anchorage security guards injured by a BB gun.
- Alaska judge hears arguments in Medicaid expansion case Updated: Feb-04-16 4:48 pm
JUNEAU, Alaska - A state court judge in Anchorage heard arguments Thursday in a lawsuit challenging Alaska Gov. Bill Walker's authority to expand Medicaid without legislative approval.
- The Latest: Judge hear arguments in Medicaid expansion case Updated: Feb-04-16 2:59 pm
JUNEAU, Alaska - The Latest on a lawsuit over Medicaid expansion in Alaska (all times local):
- Lawmakers hear on resolution to strengthen state's rights Updated: Feb-03-16 8:40 pm
JUNEAU, Alaska - A Senate committee heard testimony on Wednesday on an effort to amend the U.S. Constitution and establish a mechanism for states to overturn certain federal decisions.
- House passes bill updating military justice code Updated: Feb-03-16 5:45 pm
JUNEAU, Alaska - The Alaska House on Wednesday passed a bill designed to strengthen the state's Military Code of Justice.
- Bill would protect animals in domestic violence situations Updated: Feb-01-16 9:10 pm
JUNEAU, Alaska - A state House committee heard testimony Monday on legislation spelling out protections for animals caught in domestic violence situations or in messy break-ups between couples.