- No thaw needed: Winter grants Vermont sailors an early start Updated: Feb-11-16 2:35 pm
BURLINGTON, Vermont - The University of Vermont sailing team usually has to wait for the ice to thaw on Lake Champlain in March before getting their boats into the water, cutting into an already tight window for practice.
- Police: Man charged after $11K worth of heroin found in home Updated: Feb-10-16 4:37 am
BURLINGTON, Vermont - Police say a man was charged with heroin trafficking after authorities found about $11,000 worth of the drug in his Vermont home.
- Officials approve purchase of former Burlington College land Updated: Feb-09-16 6:53 am
BURLINGTON, Vermont - Burlington officials have signed off on purchasing a dozen acres of land formerly owned by Burlington College.
- Jury acquits former ATF head of simple assault charge Updated: Feb-09-16 4:11 am
BURLINGTON, Vermont - The former head of the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives in Vermont has been acquitted of a simple assault charge.
- Lake Champlain fish to be tested for pollution toxins Updated: Feb-07-16 10:50 am
BURLINGTON, Vermont - The Lake Champlain Basin Program plans to start monitoring fish in the lake for mercury and toxins produced by cyanobacteria - commonly known as blue-green algae.
- GOP gubernatorial candidates to face off in forum Updated: Feb-07-16 8:36 am
SOUTH BURLINGTON, Vermont - The Lake Champlain Regional Chamber of Commerce is planning to hear from the two declared Republican candidates for governor of Vermont on the future of the state's economy.
- Vermont business launch competition expands to colleges Updated: Feb-07-16 8:31 am
BURLINGTON, Vermont - The Lake Champlain Regional Chamber of Commerce is holding its fourth annual LaunchVT competition for business startups. And this year, it's expanding to include a collegiate division.
- Police: Woman in custody after car chase in Burlington Updated: Feb-05-16 11:19 am
BURLINGTON, Vermont - Authorities say they took a woman into custody in a stolen vehicle after a series of hit-and-run crashes and a car chase in Burlington.
- Police: Woman in custody after hit-and-run crashes, chase Updated: Feb-05-16 4:27 am
BURLINGTON, Vermont - Police say a woman was taken into custody after multiple hit-and-run crashes and a car chase in Burlington.
- Burlington slaying remains unsolved after more than a year Updated: Feb-04-16 11:41 am
BURLINGTON, Vermont - The killing of a former University of Vermont student remains unsolved more than a year after he was found dead in his Burlington apartment.
- Vermont beats Maine 85-68 Updated: Feb-03-16 10:09 pm
BURLINGTON, Vermont - Ethan O'Day had 23 points, eight rebounds, four assists and three blocks on Wednesday night and Vermont beat Maine 85-68.
- Former steel manufacturer exec pleads guilty to fraud Updated: Feb-03-16 6:47 pm
BURLINGTON, Vermont - A chief financial officer of a New Hampshire steel manufacturer that faced bankruptcy has pleaded guilty in Vermont to charges of making false statements about assets, in what prosecutors said was a multi-million-dollar bank fraud case.
- Raise your spoons: Ben & Jerry's now has nondairy ice cream Updated: Feb-03-16 4:18 pm
SOUTH BURLINGTON, Vermont - Raise your spoons: Ben & Jerry's now has nondairy ice cream.
- Vermont city bills Trump campaign for rally expenses Updated: Feb-03-16 4:11 am
BURLINGTON, Vermont - A Vermont city has billed Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump's campaign for expenses incurred from a rally held there last month.
- Chief: Burlington officers didn't fire weapons in fatal raid Updated: Jan-27-16 12:36 pm
BURLINGTON, Vermont - Police officials say Burlington officers did not discharge their weapons during a fatal drug bust that ended with the shooting death of the 56-year-old suspect, but they did take part in the raid.
- New brewery coming to Burlington's waterfront in spring Updated: Jan-26-16 4:54 am
BURLINGTON, Vermont - A new brewery is coming to Burlington's waterfront with an expected grand opening planned for the spring of this year.
- Steidl scores 17 points, Vermont beats UMBC 79-72 Updated: Jan-24-16 3:53 pm
BURLINGTON, Vermont - Kurt Steidl scored 17 points and Vermont beat Maryland-Baltimore County 79-72 on Sunday.
- 2 Vermont bus groups to be known as Green Mountain Transit Updated: Jan-24-16 10:04 am
BURLINGTON, Vermont - The Chittenden County Transportation Authority and the Green Mountain Transit Agency are going to be known as Green Mountain Transit.
- Vermont Health Department urges caution in cold weather Updated: Jan-24-16 8:27 am
BURLINGTON, Vermont - The Vermont Health Department is reminding people to take care when they're outside during the winter cold.
- Burlington nonprofit purchases 11 UVM residential buildings Updated: Jan-22-16 4:32 am
ESSEX, Vermont - Officials say the Champlain Housing Trust has reached an agreement to purchase 11 residential buildings from the University of Vermont for $3.9 million.
- UVM still well short of $50M fundraising goal for new arena Updated: Jan-21-16 5:13 am
BURLINGTON, Vermont - University of Vermont officials say they aren't panicking after the Burlington school remains well short of its fundraising goal for financing a new sports arena a year and a half later.
- Star of reality show 'Wicked Tuna' pleads guilty to fraud Updated: Jan-20-16 7:59 pm
BURLINGTON, Vermont - A man featured on the reality television show "Wicked Tuna" pleaded guilty Wednesday to federal charges in Vermont he received government disability benefits while he was fishing on the show.
- Primerano scores 17, UMass-Lowell beats Vermont 93-82 Updated: Jan-18-16 9:10 pm
BURLINGTON, Vermont - Logan Primerano made all 10 of his free throw attempts and scored a career-high 17 points to help UMass-Lowell beat Vermont 93-82 Monday night.
- Vermont Air National Guard to be flying at night Updated: Jan-18-16 9:42 am
SOUTH BURLINGTON, Vermont - The Vermont Air National Guard will be training at night for the next two weeks.
- Police: 3 teens arrested after South Burlington robbery Updated: Jan-18-16 9:31 am
SOUTH BURLINGTON, Vermont - Police have arrested three teens in connection with an armed robbery at a gas station convenience store in South Burlington over the weekend.