- New taxes hit soda, vending machines in Vermont Updated: Jul-04-15 11:25 am
BURLINGTON, Vermont - Vermonters who use vending machines or like soft drinks are having to fork over a bit more cash for those things.
- Vermont man found guilty of lying about war gets new trial Updated: Jul-02-15 4:58 pm
BURLINGTON, Vermont - A man who was found guilty of lying about his participation in war crimes that occurred during the 1992 Bosnia-Herzegovina conflict will receive a new trial.
- Solar array unveiled at Burlington Airport roof Updated: Jul-02-15 12:56 pm
BURLINGTON, Vermont - The Burlington International Airport's parking garage roof is now home to a 500-kilowatt solar array.
- Vermont gets federal funding to combat bat disease Updated: Jul-02-15 10:13 am
BURLINGTON, Vermont - Vermont has received a $35,000 federal grant to combat white-nose syndrome, a fungal disease that has wiped out some bat populations throughout much of the eastern United States.
- Regulators approve hospital building with conditions Updated: Jul-01-15 5:31 pm
BURLINGTON, Vermont - Regulators have approved the addition of a 128-room, $187.3 million building at the University of Vermont Medical Center with conditions that could postpone construction.
- Vermont's new US attorney sworn in, says he's 'honored' Updated: Jun-30-15 4:21 pm
BURLINGTON, Vermont - Vermont has a new chief federal prosecutor. Lawyer Eric Miller was sworn in as U.S. attorney for the state on Tuesday.
- Police find fentanyl, heroin at home where 2 brothers died Updated: Jun-30-15 10:50 am
BURLINGTON, Vermont - Police say they found evidence of heroin and fentanyl at a Burlington home where two brothers died of apparent drug overdoses.
- Nurses, UVM Medical Center reach tentative deal Updated: Jun-27-15 9:35 am
BURLINGTON, Vermont - The union representing nurses at the University of Vermont Medical Center says a tentative agreement has been reached to settle the nurses' contract.
- State that took big step toward marriage equality lauds win Updated: Jun-26-15 4:50 pm
MONTPELIER, Vermont - Anyone who thinks the U.S. Supreme Court threw out centuries of discrimination on Friday with its decision to allow gay marriage in all 50 states might appreciate what Nina Beck and Stacy Jolles were up to a couple hours after the decision came down.
- Vermont police taking part in safe boating campaign Updated: Jun-26-15 8:56 am
BURLINGTON, Vermont - Vermont law enforcement agencies are taking part in the national "Operation Dry Water" campaign this weekend, to promote safe and sober boating.
- Burlington leaders seek public's help to revamp bike path Updated: Jun-26-15 4:28 am
BURLINGTON, Vermont - Burlington leaders are launching a campaign to raise money to invest in new projects at the city's parks.
- Man facing death penalty retrial accused of inmate stabbing Updated: Jun-25-15 7:22 pm
BURLINGTON, Vermont - A man facing a federal death penalty retrial in the killing of a Vermont supermarket worker 15 years ago has been accused in a lawsuit of stabbing another death row inmate in 2012.
- Former Vermont state employee sentenced to 18 months Updated: Jun-25-15 6:46 pm
BURLINGTON, Vermont - A former Vermont state worker who pleaded guilty to embezzling $207,000 has been sentenced to 18 months in prison.
- Vermont teachers' union endorses Sanders for president Updated: Jun-25-15 4:06 am
BURLINGTON, Vermont - The Vermont chapter of the National Education Association teachers' union has endorsed Bernie Sanders for president.
- Man pleads guilty to bankruptcy fraud Updated: Jun-24-15 7:37 am
BURLINGTON, Vermont - A Vermont man who filed for bankruptcy protection last year has pleaded guilty to fraud by trying to hide the ownership of a second home in Quebec worth nearly $340,000.
- Man, 76, charged with abusing girl, 5, at his day care Updated: Jun-23-15 5:13 am
ESSEX, Vermont - A 76-year-old day care provider near Burlington is being charged with child abusing following accusations of inappropriate behavior.
- Chittenden County state's attorney next attorney general? Updated: Jun-22-15 5:17 pm
BURLINGTON, Vermont - Chittenden County State's Attorney T.J. Donovan will once again be seeking the Democratic nomination for state attorney general in 2016.
- Lake Champlain Basin Program, Leahy announce grants Updated: Jun-19-15 5:00 pm
BURLINGTON, Vermont - U.S. Sen. Patrick Leahy and the head of the Lake Champlain Basin Program have announced the availability of $1.1 million in Lake Champlain grants.
- Vermont man sentenced for child pornography promotion Updated: Jun-17-15 5:07 am
BURLINGTON, Vermont - The Vermont attorney general's office says a former Burlington man has been sentenced to 15 years of probation for promoting child pornography.
- New Vermont law means millions to clean Lake Champlain Updated: Jun-16-15 7:27 pm
BURLINGTON, Vermont - The new Vermont Clean Water Act will bring tens of millions of dollars to bear on cleaning up Lake Champlain, but that's only the next phase in solving what has been a nearly intractable challenge that has been building for centuries, officials said Tuesday.
- Juror who read newspaper during trial agrees to pay $4,000 Updated: Jun-14-15 12:49 pm
BURLINGTON, Vermont - A Vermont man who read the newspaper and shared news accounts with fellow jurors during a sex assault case involving a former jail guard will pay a $4,000 fine for contempt of court.
- Vermont Progressives endorse Sanders for president Updated: Jun-13-15 5:37 pm
BURLINGTON, Vermont - It's not much of a surprise as political endorsements go. Nearly all of Vermont's Progressive elected officials are joining to announce they're backing Bernie Sanders for president.
- Vermont educators get grant for biomedical research Updated: Jun-12-15 5:08 pm
BURLINGTON, Vermont - A network of Vermont scientists led by the University of Vermont is getting a federal grant of $17.8 million to continue biomedical research projects while also training the next generation of researchers, officials said Friday.
- Senate gives approval for Vermont US Attorney Updated: Jun-11-15 11:26 am
BURLINGTON, Vermont - The next United States attorney for Vermont has been approved by the Senate.
- Flood warning extended for Vermont river Updated: Jun-11-15 7:47 am
BURLINGTON, Vermont - The National Weather Service has extended a flood warning at the Barton River at Coventry, Vermont.