- Rescue squad manager to plead guilty to taking $250K Updated: May-05-15 7:13 am
BURLINGTON, Vermont - A former ambulance squad office manager has agreed to plead guilty to taking over $250,000 from the nonprofit organization and using it for personal expenses.
- Handmade memorial honors officers who died in line of duty Updated: May-05-15 6:25 am
SOUTH BURLINGTON, Vermont - A police officer in South Burlington, Vermont, is donating a personally made memorial to the National Law Enforcement Officer Museum containing the names of officers in the state who have died in the line of duty.
- Joyful noise or unholy din? New church 'bells' mean discord Updated: May-03-15 1:06 pm
BURLINGTON, Vermont - The sound system next door is making it hard for Olga Lopatina to love thy neighbor: Christ the King church.
- U of Vermont team gets grant to study animal biosecurity Updated: May-01-15 4:05 am
BURLINGTON, Vermont - A team from the University of Vermont is helping lead a five-year $7.4 million grant from the U.S. Department of Agriculture to look for ways to reduce the impact of catastrophic disease outbreaks within the livestock industry.
- 5 injured when ceiling collapses at hotel in Burlington Updated: Apr-30-15 10:50 pm
BURLINGTON, Vermont - Five people were injured when part of a ceiling collapsed in the lobby of a Burlington hotel.
- University of Vermont at impasse with part-time faculty Updated: Apr-30-15 7:20 am
BURLINGTON, Vermont - Contract talks between the University of Vermont and part-time faculty members are heading to mediation.
- 2 Burlington police cruisers collided while headed to a call Updated: Apr-30-15 12:58 am
BURLINGTON, Vermont - Authorities are investigating the cause of an accident that damaged two Burlington police cruisers and sent two officers to a hospital.
- Winooski woman sentenced for drug conspiracy Updated: Apr-29-15 5:04 am
WINOOSKI, Vermont - A Winooski woman has been sentenced to 30 months in prison on drug-related charges.
- Key things to know about Sen. Bernie Sanders of Vermont Updated: Apr-28-15 7:28 pm
Key things to know about independent Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders, who is expected to enter the 2016 Democratic presidential campaign on Thursday, according to people familiar with his decision:
- Burlington mayor: direct Vermont-North Carolina flights Updated: Apr-28-15 1:58 pm
BURLINGTON, Vermont - Mayor Miro Weinberger says direct flights to North Carolina from the Burlington International Airport are going to begin later this year.
- Vermont program graduates 15 into health care coder jobs Updated: Apr-27-15 4:05 am
SOUTH BURLINGTON, Vermont - A Vermont state-backed program to train certified coders to work with medical records is about to honor 15 graduates.
- Burlington International Airport begins home removal project Updated: Apr-27-15 3:25 am
SOUTH BURLINGTON, Vermont - Burlington International Airport officials say they have broken ground on a major housing removal project in South Burlington's Chamberlin neighborhood.
- FBI director, Sen. Leahy, give details of Louis Freeh crash Updated: Apr-26-15 11:59 am
BURLINGTON, Vermont - Officials say former FBI director Louis Freeh was near death in the wake of a car crash near his vacation home in Vermont last August.
- Seth Rogen visits UVM to celebrate fundraising for charity Updated: Apr-25-15 2:55 pm
BURLINGTON, Vermont - Three University of Vermont fraternity brothers, who are triplets, and their friends have raised more than $30,000 for Alzheimer's research, prompting a second visit from actor and filmmaker Seth Rogen.
- FBI chief Comey says bureau needs cybercrime fighters Updated: Apr-24-15 4:17 pm
BURLINGTON, Vermont - The head of the FBI used a Friday visit to Vermont to urge college students studying ways to fight cybercrime and conduct digital investigations to take their talents and training to the FBI.
- Man convicted of second-degree murder in 2007 stabbing Updated: Apr-24-15 7:58 am
BURLINGTON, Vermont - A Vermont jury has convicted a man of second-degree murder in the stabbing of a man in 2007.
- Vermont boy, 6, suffers injuries when pistol discharges Updated: Apr-23-15 11:05 pm
UNDERHILL, Vermont - State police say a 6-year-old Burlington boy has suffered a gunshot wound while target shooting.
- Attorney general says Vermont juror charged with contempt Updated: Apr-23-15 5:28 pm
MONTPELIER, Vermont - A Vermont man is pleading not guilty to a criminal contempt of court charge related to his jury duty.
- Vermont Gas Systems changes pipeline construction deadline Updated: Apr-23-15 1:43 am
SOUTH BURLINGTON, Vermont - Vermont Gas Systems officials say the company is once again changing its plans for a natural gas pipeline scheduled to be built from Chittenden County to Addison County.
- Flood warning issued for Vermont county Updated: Apr-22-15 2:04 pm
BURLINGTON, Vermont - The National Weather Service has issued a flood warning for Orleans County in Vermont.
- Police arrest Colchester man after 2-hour armed standoff Updated: Apr-22-15 1:22 am
COLCHESTER, Vermont - Officials say a suburban Burlington man is in custody after he pointed a firearm at a sheriff's deputy attempting to serve him with an eviction notice.
- Vermont city joins lawsuit against Air Force Updated: Apr-21-15 10:40 am
WINOOSKI, Vermont - The city of Winooski, Vermont, is joining a lawsuit seeking to overturn a decision allowing the U.S. Air Force's F-35 fighter jets in South Burlington, saying that not enough was done to analyze noise levels.
- Sorrell rejects call for independent investigation of him Updated: Apr-20-15 5:16 pm
MONTPELIER, Vermont - Attorney General William Sorrell on Monday rejected a request by a Republican Party official that Sorrell appoint an independent counsel to investigate his political practices and whether he violated campaign finance laws.
- South Burlington lieutenant suspended in DWI case Updated: Apr-20-15 5:10 pm
MONTPELIER, Vermont - A South Burlington, Vermont, police lieutenant who pleaded guilty this month to driving while intoxicated faces a four-week unpaid suspension from work and other penalties.
- Lawmakers split on how well Shumlin has regained footing Updated: Apr-19-15 9:07 am
MONTPELIER, Vermont - Some say he's down. Some say he's out. Gov. Peter Shumlin says he's neither.