- Officials: Woman injured after getting pinned under truck Updated: Sep-02-15 3:25 am
BURLINGTON, Vermont - Officials say a woman was injured after getting pinned under a pickup truck in Vermont.
- Retired financier Lisman announces bid for Vermont governor Updated: Sep-01-15 5:05 pm
MONTPELIER, Vermont - Bruce Lisman, a retired Wall Street executive and founder of the advocacy group Campaign for Vermont, announced Tuesday that he's running as a Republican candidate for governor in 2016.
- New police chief in Vermont's largest city to take office Updated: Sep-01-15 5:08 am
BURLINGTON, Vermont - The new police chief in Vermont's largest city is set to take office.
- Vermont Gas proposes 3 percent rate decrease Updated: Sep-01-15 3:29 am
SOUTH BURLINGTON, Vermont - Vermont Gas Systems has proposed a 3 percent rate decrease that would lower costs for the company's customers.
- 8 Vermont safety officials charged with impaired driving Updated: Aug-30-15 12:59 pm
BURLINGTON, Vermont - Law enforcement officials and prosecutors in Vermont say they are troubled by the number of public safety works who have been charged with impaired driving this year.
- Woman delivers hand grenade to police, prompts evacuation Updated: Aug-30-15 12:43 pm
SOUTH BURLINGTON, Vermont - A hand grenade a woman found in her grandfather's belongings prompted police in Vermont to evacuate their department and surrounding homes after she brought it into the station.
- The Fleming Museum of Art hires new curator Updated: Aug-30-15 11:19 am
BURLINGTON, Vermont - The University of Vermont's Fleming Museum of Art has a new curator.
- Authorities warn about jury duty scam Updated: Aug-30-15 8:40 am
BURLINGTON, Vermont - Chittenden County residents are being warned of a phone scam involving jury duty.
- City asks developers for hotel proposals at Vermont airport Updated: Aug-30-15 8:37 am
SOUTH BURLINGTON, Vermont - A high-end hotel could be on its way to Burlington International Airport.
- Lake Champlain Ferries offering reward to find jumper Updated: Aug-29-15 9:01 am
BURLINGTON, Vermont - The company that operates most of the ferries that carry passengers across Lake Champlain between Vermont and New York is offering a $1,000 reward to help find the man who jumped from a moving ferry.
- State Police: Slow down on Vermont's highways Updated: Aug-28-15 4:08 am
BURLINGTON, Vermont - Vermont State Police say they have caught at least six drivers in three weeks for speeding in excess of 100 mph along the state's highways.
- Incoming Burlington school superintendent gets work visa Updated: Aug-27-15 4:37 am
BURLINGTON, Vermont - The Canadian man who has been hired to become the next superintendent of the Burlington School District has finally received the visa he needs to start work.
- Interfaith group hosts discussions on "moral economy" Updated: Aug-26-15 8:59 am
BURLINGTON, Vermont - The Clergy Caucus of Vermont Interfaith Action is hosting discussions around the state on building what it calls Vermont's moral economy.
- Jury awards sex abuse victim $1M following 4-day civil trial Updated: Aug-24-15 4:39 pm
BURLINGTON, Vermont - A Burlington law firm says a jury awarded the victim of sexual abuse by a Vermont former middle school paraeducator $1 million in damages following a four-day civil trial.
- Vermont high court rejects challenge to Burlington highway Updated: Aug-22-15 8:43 am
BURLINGTON, Vermont - The Vermont Supreme Court has rejected the final legal challenge for a long-delayed roadway from Interstate 189 into downtown Burlington.
- Man convicted in stabbing death waives chance for appeal Updated: Aug-21-15 7:13 am
BURLINGTON, Vermont - A Vermont man convicted last year of stabbing his neighbor to death has chosen not to appeal his case.
- Judge: Evidence backs suicide claims in fatal car crash case Updated: Aug-21-15 3:28 am
BURLINGTON, Vermont - A judge in the case of a Vermont woman charged in a fatal crash on Interstate 89 says evidence supports the prosecution's claims that she tried to take her own life.
- Craigslist thread shames drivers for shoddy parking Updated: Aug-20-15 1:13 pm
SOUTH BURLINGTON, Vermont - Drivers in Vermont are taking their frustrations over shoddy parking to the Internet.
- Residents debate whether school nickname is appropriate Updated: Aug-20-15 10:07 am
SOUTH BURLINGTON, Vermont - The rebel could be on its way out of a Vermont high school.
- Retrial of Vermont man in war crimes case set for early '16 Updated: Aug-18-15 11:05 am
BURLINGTON, Vermont - A Vermont man is expected to face a second trial early next year on charges he lied about his role in Bosnian war crimes during the early 1990s.
- Vermont police investigate death of inmate in women's prison Updated: Aug-17-15 6:38 pm
SOUTH BURLINGTON, Vermont - Vermont State Police detectives are investigating the untimely death of a 49-year-old inmate at the Chittenden Regional Correctional Center in South Burlington.
- Selectman in small northern Vermont town arrested Updated: Aug-16-15 11:17 am
BURLINGTON, Vermont - Authorities say a selectman from a small town in northern Vermont is facing a felony drug distribution charge in federal court.
- Health Department urges HPV vaccine for girls and boys Updated: Aug-16-15 8:34 am
BURLINGTON, Vermont - The Vermont Department of Health says not enough Vermont teens are fully vaccinated against human papilloma virus - a sexually transmitted disease that can lead to cancer later.
- 2 Vermont utilities warn of scam callers Updated: Aug-15-15 9:59 am
BURLINGTON, Vermont - Two Vermont electric utilities are warning customers about an ongoing bill payment phone scam that threatens customers with disconnection if they do not pay immediately.
- EPA sets Lake Champlain pollution reduction goal for Vermont Updated: Aug-14-15 3:58 pm
BURLINGTON, Vermont - The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency set a new pollution reduction goal for the Vermont side of Lake Champlain Friday and state officials said they are already working on long-term plans to meet those goals by keeping pollutants from reaching the rivers and streams that feed the lake.