- Alex Wood struggles again as Braves fall to Phillies, 5-2 Updated: May-04-15 11:35 pm
ATLANTA - Alex Wood's second straight poor start has the young Atlanta left-hander wondering how he can reclaim the form that made his 2014 rookie season a success.
- Francoeur has 4 hits as Phillies beat Braves 5-2 Updated: May-04-15 11:11 pm
ATLANTA - Jeff Francoeur was desperate for a breakout game after 19 straight at-bats without a hit.
- Cal signs another elite high school star in Jaylen Brown Updated: May-04-15 9:26 pm
BERKELEY, California - California coach Cuonzo Martin has added another elite player with the signing of high school All-America small forward Jaylen Brown on Monday.
- Dead body found in Atlanta trash bin Updated: May-04-15 6:44 pm
ATLANTA - Atlanta police say a dead body has been found in a trash can in northeast Atlanta.
- Georgia town to remove Christian flag flying over City Hall Updated: May-04-15 6:04 pm
COCHRAN, Georgia - Leaders of a central Georgia city say they'll remove a Christian flag flying over City Hall.
- Guard sues FedEx after shooting at metro Atlanta facility Updated: May-04-15 5:27 pm
ATLANTA - A security guard who was shot during a rampage at a FedEx facility just outside Atlanta is suing the company.
- LePage nominee to utility board 'agnostic' to energy source Updated: May-04-15 4:59 pm
PORTLAND, Maine - Gov. Paul LePage's newest nominee to the Maine Public Utilities Commission shares his view on energy: The source of the energy doesn't matter as long as it makes economic sense.
- Georgia city to remove Christian flag flying over city hall Updated: May-04-15 3:50 pm
COCHRAN, Georgia - Leaders of a central Georgia city say they'll remove a Christian flag flying over city hall.
- Police: Georgia sheriff shot woman, would not give statement Updated: May-04-15 2:56 pm
ATLANTA - Sheriff Victor Hill has been a lightning rod for controversy since he fired 27 deputies on his first day in office a decade ago and then used a military tank on drug raids in suburban Atlanta's Clayton County.
- Former Ga. banker sentenced on fraud charges Updated: May-04-15 2:04 pm
GAINESVILLE, Georgia - Federal prosecutors say the former vice president of a failed bank has been sentenced on fraud charges.
- Mural of smiling kids at Ga. airport covered by Porsche ad Updated: May-04-15 10:47 am
ATLANTA - A mural at Atlanta's airport featuring smiling children at Centennial Olympic Park has been covered by a Porsche advertisement.
- Georgia man and his 3-year-old daughter die in car accident Updated: May-04-15 6:11 am
BEULAVILLE, North Carolina - A Georgia man and his 3-year-old daughter have died after a car accident in North Carolina.
- Georgia sheriff accused of shooting woman in the abdomen Updated: May-04-15 3:38 am
LAWRENCEVILLE, Georgia - A Georgia sheriff is accused of shooting a Lawrenceville woman in the abdomen, injuring her critically.
- Man charged with killing wife after dispute about finances Updated: May-04-15 3:26 am
LILBURN, Georgia - A Georgia man has been charged with killing his wife after an argument.
- Teheran sharp for 6 innings, Braves beat Cueto, Reds Updated: May-03-15 6:03 pm
ATLANTA - A memorable afternoon for Kelly Johnson almost didn't happen.
- Beal leads well-rested Wizards past Hawks 104-98 in Game 1 Updated: May-03-15 5:08 pm
ATLANTA - After resting up for the past week, the Washington Wizards merely had to withstand Atlanta's early pace.
- Man shot and killed in Atlanta suburb of Lithonia Updated: May-03-15 2:46 pm
LITHONIA, Georgia - Police say they're investigating the killing of a 22-year-old man in the Atlanta suburb of Lithonia.
- Police identify man shot near Underground Atlanta Updated: May-03-15 2:34 pm
ATLANTA - Police have identified a man shot near the Underground Atlanta shopping and entertainment complex in the city's downtown area.
- Legislators dub 2015 General Assembly 'year of the child' Updated: May-03-15 12:08 pm
ATLANTA - A bill that would levy an annual $5,000 on strip clubs and fine pimps $2,500 to set up a fund for sexually exploited children is scheduled to be signed into law Tuesday by Gov. Nathan Deal, topping off what some legislators are calling the "year of the child" in the 2015 General Assembly.
- Man stabbed after opening door to his hotel room in Augusta Updated: May-03-15 12:01 pm
AUGUSTA, Georgia - Authorities are investigating the stabbing of a man at a hotel in Augusta.
- Man working on car along road struck, killed by vehicle Updated: May-03-15 11:50 am
AUGUSTA, Georgia - Authorities say an Augusta man who was working on his car along a road has been struck and killed by a passing vehicle.
- Gainesville toddler reads 1,000 books before age of 2 Updated: May-03-15 9:41 am
GAINESVILLE, Georgia - Clementine Connolly spends most of her days reading. At the breakfast table, she reaches for her book much like an adult would reach for the morning newspaper. At night before going to sleep, she curls up in bed with another book. Yet, she's not even 2 years old.
- Hall County graduates record number of female firefighters Updated: May-03-15 5:41 am
GAINESVILLE, Georgia - Hall County has graduated a record number of female firefighters from its training program.
- Coach Quinn believes 1st NFL draft with Falcons a success Updated: May-02-15 8:33 pm
- New Falcons defensive tackle Jarrett escapes house fire Updated: May-02-15 8:02 pm
FLOWERY BRANCH, Georgia - New Falcons defensive tackle Grady Jarrett had a major scare while he waited for his name to be called in the NFL draft Friday night.