- Lawyer: Wife of man charged in hot SUV death wants divorce Updated: Feb-11-16 12:12 pm
MARIETTA, Georgia - A lawyer says the wife of a Georgia man accused of intentionally leaving his toddler son to die in a hot SUV is seeking a divorce.
- Feds accuse prison guards of taking bribes, drug trafficking Updated: Feb-11-16 10:38 am
ATLANTA - More than 40 prison guards and officers in Georgia have been indicted on charges of accepting bribes and drug trafficking, the latest in a federal effort to crack down on contraband and criminal activity in the state's prisons.
- Store robbery leads to police chase, crash near Six Flags Updated: Feb-11-16 8:42 am
DOUGLASVILLE, Georgia - Sheriff's deputies say they've apprehended one suspect and were searching for another after a store robbery led to a police chase and crash just west of Atlanta.
- Protections for gay marriage opponents come before lawmakers Updated: Feb-11-16 8:29 am
ATLANTA - Discussion of legal exemptions for same-sex marriage opponents is expected to dominate the day at Georgia's Capitol.
- Coca-Cola Enterprises beats 4Q profit forecasts Updated: Feb-11-16 7:47 am
ATLANTA - Coca-Cola Enterprises Inc. (CCE) on Thursday reported fourth-quarter net income of $156 million.
- Temperatures to plunge as arctic air moves into Georgia Updated: Feb-11-16 6:58 am
ATLANTA - Forecasters say they expect some of the coldest temperatures of the winter season across north Georgia when arctic air moves into the region, dropping temperatures to around 15 degrees in some parts of the mountains.
- Students call for Atlanta high school to be renamed Updated: Feb-11-16 5:53 am
ATLANTA - The newspaper staff at Atlanta's Grady High School is calling for the removal of their school's name.
- Man charged in fatal gas station shooting deemed incompetent Updated: Feb-11-16 5:49 am
MACON, Georgia - A 76-year-old man accused of gunning down a Georgia woman at a gas station in Bibb County has been ruled mentally incompetent and ordered to be treated for 90 days in hopes that he'll regain competency to stand trial.
- 2 charged after 21 dogs found in 'deplorable' conditions Updated: Feb-11-16 5:06 am
MACON, Georgia - A man and a woman are facing charges after authorities say they discovered 21 dogs living in deplorable conditions at an east Macon home.
- Georges-Hunt powers Georgia Tech past Wake Forest, 71-66 Updated: Feb-10-16 10:23 pm
ATLANTA - Marcus Georges-Hunt and Georgia Tech ended their agonizing trend of close losses at the expense of Wake Forest.
- Fate of Hank Aaron statue unclear with Braves moving Updated: Feb-10-16 6:41 pm
ATLANTA - The Atlanta Braves say they still do not know if the Hank Aaron statue will be moved from its current home at Turner Field to the team's new SunTrust Park, which will open in 2017.
- Atlanta airport adds private pods for breast-feeding mothers Updated: Feb-10-16 11:41 am
ATLANTA - Authorities at the world's busiest airport say four lactation pods are now available for nursing mothers as they travel.
- Richmond County schools close in response to water advisory Updated: Feb-10-16 10:07 am
AUGUSTA, Georgia - One of Georgia's largest school systems closed its schools and bottled water is being brought in to Augusta hospitals as officials in the east Georgia city test the community's water supply.
- Court: No new trial after judge mistakenly declares mistrial Updated: Feb-10-16 7:03 am
ATLANTA - A woman pleaded with the Georgia Supreme Court not to let the man accused of killing her mother go free because of a judge's mistake during his murder trial.
- Missing UGA graduate student found dead near road Updated: Feb-10-16 5:15 am
ATHENS, Georgia - Authorities say a University of Georgia graduate student who went missing Monday has been found dead.
- Mother, 2 daughters killed in Gwinnett County house fire Updated: Feb-10-16 4:51 am
TUCKER, Georgia - Authorities say a mother and her two young daughters have died in a house fire in Tucker.
- UGA student kidnapped, shot while delivering pizza Updated: Feb-10-16 4:38 am
ATHENS, Georgia - A University of Georgia student is recovering after he was kidnapped, robbed and shot four times while trying to deliver pizza last week.
- No. 22 Kentucky has it easy against Georgia in an 82-48 rout Updated: Feb-10-16 1:40 am
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - Kentucky usually found the basket, while Georgia often emerged frustrated when it shot.
- Deal says Obama's $42.7M Savannah harbor request falls short Updated: Feb-09-16 6:47 pm
SAVANNAH, Georgia - The Obama administration requested $42.7 million on Tuesday to fund a second year of work to deepen Savannah's busy shipping channel, though Georgia officials said the amount falls far short of what's needed to keep the project on schedule.
- Falcons owner Blank to have surgery for prostate cancer Updated: Feb-09-16 4:18 pm
ATLANTA - Atlanta Falcons owner Arthur Blank is planning surgery for what he says is a treatable form of prostate cancer.
- House committee OKs civil rights bill without LGBT inclusion Updated: Feb-09-16 3:51 pm
ATLANTA - A Georgia House committee has approved a bill preventing businesses from discriminating based on race, nationality, sex or religion.
- House panel approves felony for aborted fetal tissue sale Updated: Feb-09-16 3:06 pm
ATLANTA - A Georgia House committee has approved a bill that would make selling aborted fetal tissue a felony.
- Welcome to the 'agrihood': homes built around working farms Updated: Feb-09-16 10:53 am
Gated communities with houses clustered around golf courses, swimming pools, party rooms and fitness centers are common in many suburban areas. But homes built adjacent to functioning farms?
- Police seek help from public after north Georgia bank robbed Updated: Feb-09-16 7:56 am
DILLARD, Georgia - State and local law officers are asking for the public's help to identify a man they say robbed a bank in the north Georgia mountains.
- Ex-Augusta fire marshal accused of accepting money from club Updated: Feb-09-16 5:08 am
AUGUSTA, Georgia - A trial has begun against a former Augusta fire marshal accused of accepting bribes to not enforce fire safety measures at a nightclub.