- Teague, Korver lead Hawks past Pacers 98-85 Updated: Apr-24-14 11:02 pm
- Police: Man charged after killing break-in suspect Updated: Apr-24-14 8:56 pm
- Miss. probing death of infant whose parents fled Updated: Apr-24-14 6:07 pm
- Bond denied for woman charged in NC kidnapping Updated: Apr-24-14 4:19 pm
- 15 people charged in tax fraud ring Updated: Apr-24-14 3:19 pm
- Macon child care center ordered to close Updated: Apr-24-14 2:23 pm
- Deal signs bill restricting some abortion coverage Updated: Apr-24-14 1:40 pm
- Gov. Deal signs 'medical amnesty' bill Updated: Apr-24-14 1:13 pm
- Ga. governor approves referendum on dorm taxes Updated: Apr-24-14 12:55 pm
- Fire destroys home of former state lawmaker Updated: Apr-24-14 12:43 pm
- Paula Deen, Forrest Gump impersonators are sought Updated: Apr-24-14 9:32 am
- Tuskegee-Morehouse Classic to stay in Columbus Updated: Apr-24-14 9:21 am
- MARTA looks to military bases for police officers Updated: Apr-24-14 7:16 am
- Miss. girl, 2, found unharmed in south Georgia Updated: Apr-24-14 6:22 am
- Metro Atlanta jobless rate drops to 6.8 percent Updated: Apr-24-14 5:46 am
- Ga. transit police plan Detroit recruitment event Updated: Apr-24-14 4:49 am
- Georgia Tech to host health care partnership forum Updated: Apr-24-14 4:19 am
- Falcons open at home against rival New Orleans Updated: Apr-23-14 8:54 pm
- Gun carry rights expanded in Ga. under new law Updated: Apr-23-14 6:25 pm
- Marlins' bats come up short again against Braves Updated: Apr-23-14 5:15 pm
- Ga. journalism collaborative awarded $35,000 Updated: Apr-23-14 4:31 pm
- Ga. Republican's ad blames 'immoral' debt on Obama Updated: Apr-23-14 3:59 pm
- Gattis' double helps Braves top Marlins 3-1 Updated: Apr-23-14 3:53 pm
- Boy says he sang gospel song, abductor freed him Updated: Apr-23-14 3:32 pm
- Georgia man pleads guilty in Mont. check scheme Updated: Apr-23-14 12:37 pm
ATLANTA - DeKalb County authorities say a man who shot and killed a person who he thought was breaking into his car has been charged with murder.
JACKSON, Mississippi - Mississippi authorities said it could be weeks before they know what caused the death of 7-month-old Alyssa Harris, whose parents fled to Georgia after the grandfather called emergency workers to try to help the unresponsive baby.
ATLANTA - A federal judge in Atlanta has denied bond for a woman facing charges in the kidnapping of a North Carolina prosecutor's father.
STATESBORO, Georgia - An additional 15 people have been charged in connection with identity theft and tax fraud rings operating in and around Statesboro, Georgia
MACON, Georgia - A Macon child care center has been ordered to close immediately after complaints that a five-year-old child was left alone in a van for about four hours.
ATLANTA - Gov. Nathan Deal has signed a bill into law restricting abortion coverage in plans for state employees and those sold on the insurance exchange as part of the federal health care law.
ATLANTA - Gov. Nathan Deal has signed into law a bill that would grant amnesty in some cases to those who seek medical help in the event of a drug overdose.
ATLANTA - Georgia voters will decide this fall whether to give private developers a tax break for taking over the management of student housing.
WATKINSVILLE, Georgia - A fire has destroyed the northeast Georgia home of former state Rep. Bob Smith.
SAVANNAH, Georgia - A simple impression won't likely get you far, but if your impersonation of a Savannah icon nails that character, Old Savannah Tours might have a gig for you.
COLUMBUS, Georgia - An agreement has been reached to keep the Tuskegee-Morehouse Classic, a football rivalry game held for nearly eight decades, in the west Georgia city of Columbus.
ATLANTA - Metro Atlanta's public transit system is looking to Detroit and military bases in Georgia, North Carolina and Virginia as it attempts to recruit new police officers to its force.
SYLVESTER, Georgia - A 2-year-old girl whose younger sister was found dead in Mississippi has been found unharmed in Georgia.
ATLANTA - State labor officials say metro Atlanta's unemployment rate has dropped to 6.8 percent.
ATLANTA - The police department that oversees Atlanta's public transportation system is looking out of state to hire new officers.
ATLANTA - Georgia Tech is hosting a conference focused on ways academic institutions and medical facilities can collaborate in the technology and engineering fields to solve medical problems.
ELLIJAY, Georgia - Criticized by one group as the "guns everywhere" bill, Georgia took a big step Wednesday toward expanding where licensed carriers can take their weapons, with the governor signing a law that allows them in bars without restriction and in some churches, schools and government buildings under certain circumstances.
ATLANTA - Marlins manager Mike Redmond believes his team pitched well enough to win a three-game series at Turner Field.
ATLANTA - A collaborative of Georgia journalism schools and news organizations will use a $35,000 grant to train investigative reporters.
AUGUSTA, Georgia - An Augusta Republican running for Congress cites the Bible in his first campaign commercial as he accuses President Barack Obama of "immoral" spending.
ATLANTA - Pinch-hitter Evan Gattis broke an eighth-inning tie with a two-run double off A.J. Ramos, and the Atlanta Braves beat the Miami Marlins 3-1 Wednesday for their ninth win in 12 games.
ATLANTA - A 9-year-old Atlanta boy who police say was abducted for a short time from his driveway is being praised by community leaders for his calm as he sang the gospel song "Every Praise" until the man released him.
BILLINGS, Montana - A Georgia man accused of recruiting Montana transients to participate in a check-cashing scheme has pleaded guilty to forgery charges.