- Flags across Georgia fly at half-staff after deadly crash Updated: Apr-29-16 7:59 am
ATHENS, Georgia - Flags across Georgia are at half-staff in remembrance of four University of Georgia students killed and another critically injured in a high-speed car crash a few miles south of the Athens campus.
- Divers recover body of missing firefighter from Lake Lanier Updated: Apr-29-16 7:58 am
GAINESVILLE, Georgia - Authorities say they've recovered the body of a missing firefighter from Lake Lanier.
- Nigerian princess seeks funds to help Boko Haram survivors Updated: Apr-29-16 3:26 am
ATLANTA - It pains Nigerian princess Modupe Ozolua every time she hears about the suicide bombings, killings and kidnappings by the Boko Haram militant group in her ancestral homeland.
- Falcons keep focus on defense by drafting safety Neal Updated: Apr-28-16 11:40 pm
FLOWERY BRANCH, Georgia - Coach Dan Quinn targeted Florida's hard-hitting strong safety Keanu Neal as a new anchor piece for Atlanta's defense when the Falcons selected Neal with the No. 17 pick in the NFL draft on Thursday night.
- Body of fourth missing man found in southeast Georgia river Updated: Apr-28-16 7:20 pm
BRUNSWICK, Georgia - Authorities say the body of a fourth missing man has been found after a boat carrying the men capsized in a southeast Georgia river.
- Tracking the flow of guns used in crime is inexact science Updated: Apr-28-16 5:35 pm
SMYRNA, Georgia - Adventure Outdoors is an 80,000-square-foot store with walls lined with long guns, cases packed with handguns and aisles jammed with all the accessories an avid outdoorsman would need: coolers, clothing, ammo. At the customer service counter is a government-issued poster that warns: "Don't lie for the other guy."
- UPS 1st-quarter profit rises 10 percent, beating forecasts Updated: Apr-28-16 1:39 pm
DALLAS - United Parcel Service Inc. said Thursday that first-quarter profit rose 10 percent to $1.13 billion, helped by an increase in both ground shipments and next-day air deliveries in the United States.
- The Latest: Governor orders flags at half-staff after crash Updated: Apr-28-16 1:27 pm
WATKINSVILLE, Georgia - The Latest on a car crash that killed four University of Georgia students (all times local):
- Police: Katt Williams charged with battery in Georgia Updated: Apr-28-16 12:52 pm
ATLANTA - Comedian and actor Katt Williams was arrested after he threw a salt shaker at a restaurant manager, police in an Atlanta suburb said Thursday.
- Georgia couple sues Snapchat over car crash Updated: Apr-28-16 9:43 am
GRIFFIN, Georgia - A Georgia couple is suing Snapchat, claiming that the social media app's "speed filter" tempted a woman to drive too fast and to cause a crash that injured the husband.
- Beazer Homes 2Q loss narrows as revenue improves Updated: Apr-28-16 7:14 am
ATLANTA - Beazer's fiscal second-quarter loss narrowed as revenue improved and homes sold at higher prices.
- Louisiana woman killed in pileup on I-80 near Arlington Updated: Apr-27-16 11:32 pm
ARLINGTON, Wyoming - Authorities say a Louisiana woman was killed in a pileup on Interstate 80 west of Arlington.
- Georgia executes man convicted in 1998 triple killing Updated: Apr-27-16 11:27 pm
JACKSON, Georgia - Georgia executed a man Wednesday who was convicted in the 1998 killings of a central Georgia trucking company owner and his two children during a home burglary.
- The Latest: Georgia executes man convicted in triple killing Updated: Apr-27-16 10:10 pm
JACKSON, Georgia - The Latest on the scheduled execution of a Georgia death row inmate (all times local):
- Police officer fatally shoots machete-holding man in Atlanta Updated: Apr-27-16 6:47 pm
ATLANTA - A metro Atlanta police officer shot and killed a man who appeared to have a machete during a confrontation with the officer.
- Sheriff: Boy used father's pistol to accidentally kill self Updated: Apr-27-16 6:08 pm
DALLAS, Georgia - Officials say a 3-year-old boy accidentally shot and killed himself with his father's pistol.
- Willie Williams, trailblazing top cop for 2 cities, dies Updated: Apr-27-16 5:58 pm
ATLANTA - Willie L. Williams, who was the first black police chief in Philadelphia and in Los Angeles, where he took over in the wake of the Rodney King riots, has died. He was 72.
- Former Georgia legislator named new chancellor at ECU Updated: Apr-27-16 5:56 pm
CHAPEL HILL, North Carolina - The UNC Board of Governors has chosen a former Georgia legislator as the new chancellor at East Carolina University.
- Officials: 10-year-old boy pulled from hotel pool dies Updated: Apr-27-16 4:52 pm
ATLANTA - Officials say a 10-year-old boy who was pulled from a pool at an Atlanta hotel has died.
- Police: Officer shoots, kills man with machete or knife Updated: Apr-27-16 1:32 pm
DECATUR, Georgia - Police in metro Atlanta say an officer shot and killed a man who appeared to have a knife or machete during a confrontation with the officer.
- Deal: No decision yet on allowing guns on Georgia campuses Updated: Apr-27-16 11:17 am
ATLANTA - Georgia's governor says he hasn't made a decision on legislation allowing concealed handguns on the state's college campuses.
- Deal signs law allowing food stamps to freed drug offenders Updated: Apr-27-16 11:03 am
ATLANTA - Convicted drug offenders released from prison will become eligible for food stamps in Georgia this year under legislation signed by Republican Gov. Nathan Deal.
- Southern Co.'s 1Q adj. profit tops analysts' expectations Updated: Apr-27-16 8:38 am
ATLANTA - Southern's first-quarter adjusted profit beat analysts' expectations, helped partly by lower operating expenses.
- Sandy Springs police seize 38 cats living in minivan Updated: Apr-27-16 6:52 am
SANDY SPRINGS, Georgia - Two women have been arrested after 38 cats were found living inside their minivan.
- Man sentenced to life for 2000 Cobb County fatal shooting Updated: Apr-27-16 6:04 am
KENNESAW, Georgia - A man has been sentenced to life in prison in the 2000 shooting death of a Cobb County hotel worker.