- Wofford eases past Georgia Southern 71-57 in semis Updated: Mar-09-14 10:59 pm
- Kentucky edged by Tennessee, 71-70, in SEC final Updated: Mar-09-14 7:47 pm
- Simmons, Lady Vols top Kentucky 71-70 in final Updated: Mar-09-14 7:32 pm
- Ga. church holds final service before demolition Updated: Mar-09-14 5:19 pm
- Ga. eyeing recruitment at annual tech, media fest Updated: Mar-09-14 4:53 pm
- Ga. child fatality review panels falling short Updated: Mar-09-14 4:46 pm
- Boy killed in south Georgia house fire Updated: Mar-09-14 2:58 pm
- 2 killed in southeast Atlanta home invasion Updated: Mar-09-14 12:23 pm
- Atlanta aims to invest more in teachers Updated: Mar-09-14 9:37 am
- Forum on human trafficking planned for Lithonia Updated: Mar-09-14 9:11 am
- NW Georgia town eyes drone to film celebration Updated: Mar-09-14 9:11 am
- Tift County wins Boys AAAAAA over Wheeler 63-49 Updated: Mar-08-14 11:32 pm
- Georgia Southern trips Chattanooga 62-55 in SoCon Updated: Mar-08-14 10:59 pm
- No. 12 Kentucky upsets No. 5 South Carolina 68-58 Updated: Mar-08-14 10:23 pm
- McEachern girls defeat Archer 81-62 for title Updated: Mar-08-14 9:09 pm
- Mann, Gaines, lead Georgia past LSU, 69-61 Updated: Mar-08-14 8:57 pm
- Morgan County beats Buford, claims AAA state title Updated: Mar-08-14 7:06 pm
- Texas A&M fades late in 86-77 loss to Tennessee Updated: Mar-08-14 6:27 pm
- Lady Vols hold off Texas A&M, 86-77, in SEC semis Updated: Mar-08-14 6:00 pm
- Regular-season champ Georgia St. tops WKU 73-55 Updated: Mar-08-14 5:51 pm
- St. Pius X beats Buford to claim AAA state title Updated: Mar-08-14 5:20 pm
- Carter leads Georgia Tech past Virginia Tech 62-51 Updated: Mar-08-14 4:21 pm
- No. 5 SCarolina women upset by Kentucky, 68-58 Updated: Mar-08-14 4:02 pm
- St. Francis gets by Whitefield Academy 65-60 Updated: Mar-08-14 3:45 pm
- Law officers make arrests after Augusta shooting Updated: Mar-08-14 3:04 pm
ASHEVILLE, North Carolina - Lee Skinner scored 15 points and grabbed 12 rebounds as No. 3 seed Wofford beat seventh-seeded Georgia Southern 71-57 in the semifinals of the Southern Conference tournament on Sunday.
DULUTH, Georgia - Kentucky's fourth SEC tournament championship appearance in the last five years produced its fourth loss.
DULUTH, Georgia - Tennessee's late-season surge has produced another Southeastern Conference tournament championship and perhaps a No. 1 seed in the NCAA tournament.
ATLANTA - The congregation at Mount Vernon Baptist Church has held its final Sunday service in a building that's being torn down to make way for a new $1.2 billion stadium in downtown Atlanta.
ATLANTA - A group of Atlanta entrepreneurs, economic development officials and others are at the annual technology and entertainment festival South by Southwest Interactive to market the region as a startup and mobile media hub.
ATLANTA - A statewide panel tasked with probing child deaths in Georgia is struggling to provide insight on the deaths and how future fatalities may be prevented.
MEIGS, Georgia - Authorities in south Georgia say a child has been killed in an early morning house fire.
ATLANTA - Police are searching for the suspects in a fatal southeast Atlanta home invasion.
ATLANTA - Atlanta's new school board is betting that an investment in teachers will pay off more than attempts to reduce class sizes.
LITHONIA, Georgia - Leaders in DeKalb County are planning a forum to educate residents about human trafficking.
RINGGOLD, Georgia - Tourism officials in the northwest Georgia town of Ringgold are exploring the idea of launching a drone to film festivities at the upcoming 1890s Day Jamboree.
MACON, Georgia - D.J. Bryant scored 22 points to lead Tift County to a 63-49 win over Wheeler Saturday in the GHSA Class AAAAAA Boys state championship game.
ASHVILLE, North Carolina - Trey Bussey scored 17 points and seventh-seeded Georgia Southern pulled away down the stretch to upset second-seeded Chattanooga 62-55 in the Southern Conference quarterfinals on Saturday.
DULUTH, Georgia - Kentucky's big edge in SEC tournament semifinals experience won out over South Carolina's regular-season title.
MACON, Georgia - Caliya Robinson scored 20 points to lead McEachern to an 81-62 win over Archer Saturday in the GHSA Class AAAAAA girls state championship game at the Macon Coliseum.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - After Charles Mann and Kenny Gaines turned in their latest memorable performances, the celebratory hollers of the Georgia Bulldogs could be heard through the door to the visitors' locker room at LSU's Pete Maravich Assembly Center.
MACON, Georgia - Tookie Brown scored 36 points to lead Morgan County to a 69-45 win over Buford Saturday in the GHSA Class AAA boys state championship game at the Macon Coliseum.
DULUTH, Georgia - Texas A&M played even with Tennessee for about 36 minutes before a lack of depth finally caught up with the Aggies.
DULUTH, Georgia - Tennessee dominated play around the basket the way its fans dominated the stands.
MACON, Georgia - Asia Durr scored 23 points to lead St. Pius X to a 48-45 win over Buford Saturday in the GHSA Class AAA girls state championship game at the Macon Coliseum.
ATLANTA - Robert Carter Jr. scored 16 points, Daniel Miller and Trae Golden added 14 points and Georgia Tech beat Virginia Tech 62-51 Saturday in the regular season finale for both teams.
DULUTH, Georgia - South Carolina picked a bad time for what coach Dawn Staley called the worst showing of the season.
MACON, Georgia - Malik Beasley scored 22 points and Kobi Jordan-Simmons scored 20 to lead St. Francis to a 65-60 win over Whitefield Academy Saturday in the GHSA Class A boys private school championship game.
AUGUSTA, Georgia - Law officers say they've taken six young people into custody -- including one who has been charged with murder -- after a fatal shooting in the parking lot of a Kroger grocery store in Augusta.