- John Disley, a co-founder of London Marathon, dies at 87 Updated: Feb-08-16 1:50 pm
LONDON - John Disley, a former Olympic bronze medalist in the steeplechase and one of the founders of the London marathon, has died. He was 87.
- It's now or never for Leicester in this odds-defying season Updated: Feb-08-16 1:46 pm
LONDON - The wealth of elite clubs and financial restrictions on upstarts were thought to be locking in the established order in English soccer and suppressing ambition.
- 'Georgy Girl' author Margaret Forster, 77, dies of cancer Updated: Feb-08-16 1:02 pm
LONDON - Margaret Forster, the author of "Georgy Girl" and more than 20 other novels, has died in London after suffering from cancer in the back and spine. She was 77.
- Fans can have Hendrix experience at guitarist's London home Updated: Feb-08-16 11:35 am
LONDON - When he was not being a string-shredding, amp-blasting guitar hero, Jimi Hendrix liked nothing better than to sit at home drinking tea and watching the British soap opera "Coronation Street."
- Arsenal climbs to 3rd in league by beating Bournemouth Updated: Feb-07-16 3:47 pm
BOURNEMOUTH, England - Arsenal ended a four-game winless run by scoring quick-fire goals to beat Bournemouth 2-0 on Sunday, rising to third in the Premier League.
- Neville says he's being unfairly judged as Valencia coach Updated: Feb-07-16 3:31 pm
MADRID - Gary Neville says he has been unfairly judged as Valencia coach despite admitting that the team's winless streak in the Spanish league is "unacceptable."
- African Children's Choir to perform in Florence Updated: Feb-07-16 11:00 am
FLORENCE, Alabama - Since 1984, the African Children's Choir has been giving kids from across the continent of Africa a chance to improve their lives.
- An exploding bus movie stunt sparks concerns in London Updated: Feb-07-16 9:32 am
LONDON - A bus has exploded in central London - but this time it's only for a movie.
- Leicester beats City 3-1, Torres nets 100th Atletico goal Updated: Feb-06-16 7:36 pm
Leicester firmly underlined its Premier League title credentials with a 3-1 win at Manchester City on Saturday, while Atletico Madrid moved provisionally level on points with Barcelona at the top of the Spanish league by beating Eibar 3-1.
- Jamie Vardy signs new contract with Leicester to 2019 Updated: Feb-06-16 3:47 pm
LEICESTER, England - English Premier League leader Leicester says striker Jamie Vardy has signed a new contract with the club until 2019.
- Tottenham goes 2nd in Premier League by beating Watford 1-0 Updated: Feb-06-16 2:18 pm
LONDON - Tottenham is providing another element of unpredictability to a Premier League title race defying all expectations.
- Sunderland come from 2 down to draw 2-2 with Liverpool Updated: Feb-06-16 1:08 pm
LIVERPOOL, England - Relegation-threatened Sunderland came from two goals down to draw 2-2 with Liverpool in the Premier League on Saturday with manager Juergen Klopp missing and many home fans having left before the visitors rescued a point.
- Norwich in relegation zone after losing to Villa Updated: Feb-06-16 1:08 pm
BIRMINGHAM, England - Last-place Aston Villa looked determined to take Norwich down to the second-tier, beating the visiting Canaries 2-0 Saturday for its third Premier League win of the season.
- Benedict Cumberbatch, Emma Watson named Oxford fellows Updated: Feb-06-16 12:45 pm
LONDON - Benedict Cumberbatch and Emma Watson have got new roles: Visiting fellows at Oxford University.
- Newcastle moves out of Premier League relegation zone Updated: Feb-06-16 12:37 pm
NEWCASTLE, England - Newcastle moved out of the Premier League relegation zone with a 1-0 win over West Bromwich Albion on Saturday, swapping places with Norwich.
- Leicester stuns Man City 3-1 to go 6 points clear at top Updated: Feb-06-16 10:14 am
MANCHESTER, England - Leicester stunned Manchester City 3-1 on Saturday to bolster its bid to become the unlikeliest champions in English football history.
- Klopp to miss Sunderland match with suspected appendicitis Updated: Feb-06-16 7:46 am
LIVERPOOL, England - Liverpool says manager Juergen Klopp will miss Saturday's English Premier League match at home to Sunderland with a suspected bout of appendicitis.
- Assange sex case sinks in international quagmire Updated: Feb-05-16 2:05 pm
LONDON - It started more than five years ago as what appeared to be a fairly simple sex crime case: two women in Sweden came forward to accuse Julian Assange of sexual misconduct.
- The Latest: Assange hails 'victory' from embassy balcony Updated: Feb-05-16 12:06 pm
GENEVA - The Latest on the U.N. panel's determination that Julian Assange has been arbitrarily detained (all times local):
- Union calls series of strikes on London Underground Updated: Feb-05-16 11:19 am
LONDON - London Underground maintenance workers are planning a series of strikes in a dispute over safety.
- Chronicle of Julian Assange's battle against extradition Updated: Feb-05-16 9:58 am
LONDON - Julian Assange, founder of WikiLeaks, has been fighting to avoid extradition to Sweden, which wants to question him about allegations of rape. He has spent more than three years inside the Embassy of Ecuador in London to avoid being sent to Sweden and possibly forced to go to the United States to face charges there. A United Nations panel said Friday that he has been unlawfully detained by Swedish and British authorities. Here are key events in the Assange saga:
- Bayern coach Pep Guardiola hits out at media treatment Updated: Feb-05-16 7:19 am
MUNICH - Bayern Munich coach Pep Guardiola says there is no conflict between his current position and preparing for his future role at Manchester City.
- Health officials want more Zika samples, data from Brazil Updated: Feb-04-16 12:03 pm
RIO DE JANEIRO - Brazil is not sharing enough samples and disease data to let researchers determine whether the Zika virus is, as feared, linked to the increased number of babies born with abnormally small heads in the South American country, U.N. and U.S. health officials say.
- Struggling Villa finally makes a signing - in the boardroom Updated: Feb-04-16 10:35 am
BIRMINGHAM, England - English Premier League struggler Aston Villa has finally made a big-name signing - in the boardroom.
- Chelsea held to 0-0 draw by Watford in Premier League Updated: Feb-03-16 5:57 pm
WATFORD, England - Chelsea failed to turn sustained late pressure into a goal in a 0-0 draw at Watford in the English Premier League on Wednesday.