- 5 things to know about the English Premier League Updated: Apr-17-14 7:14 am
- Real Madrid wins 19th Copa del Rey title Updated: Apr-16-14 7:42 pm
- Man City slips further out of title contention Updated: Apr-16-14 6:54 pm
- Crystal Palace beat Everton 3-2 to dent UCL hopes Updated: Apr-16-14 6:49 pm
- City's title hopes hit with 2-2 draw vs Sunderland Updated: Apr-16-14 6:40 pm
- Liverpool boosted by diagnosis of Sturridge injury Updated: Apr-16-14 12:18 pm
- Eugene, Doha and Barcelona bid for 2019 worlds Updated: Apr-15-14 1:36 pm
- Memorial service marks Hillsborough anniversary Updated: Apr-15-14 12:47 pm
- CAS cites doping sample flaws in Jamaican case Updated: Apr-15-14 11:56 am
- Quotes from voters in this week's AP football poll Updated: Apr-15-14 11:23 am
- Aston Villa suspends assistant manager, official Updated: Apr-15-14 9:29 am
- Toure set to miss half of Man City's final 6 games Updated: Apr-15-14 8:26 am
- Victoria's Secret announces London fashion show Updated: Apr-15-14 6:58 am
- Mercedes technical director leaving after season Updated: Apr-14-14 9:50 am
- English city probes Islamic influence in schools Updated: Apr-14-14 8:28 am
- Liverpool, Atletico continue sparkling form Updated: Apr-13-14 7:08 pm
- 'Chimerica,' 'Book of Mormon' win at Oliviers Updated: Apr-13-14 6:53 pm
- Winners of Britain's Olivier Awards Updated: Apr-13-14 4:50 pm
- Hull reaches 1st FA Cup final in 110-year history Updated: Apr-13-14 3:27 pm
- Liverpool beats City 3-2, on course for EPL title Updated: Apr-13-14 2:50 pm
- Wilson Kipsang wins his 2nd London Marathon Updated: Apr-13-14 9:35 am
- Hillsborough tribute ahead of Liverpool-City match Updated: Apr-13-14 8:50 am
- Arsenal beats holder Wigan to reach FA Cup final Updated: Apr-12-14 4:47 pm
- Spurs recover to draw 3-3 at West Brom Updated: Apr-12-14 1:28 pm
- 25 years on, English football recalls Hillsborough Updated: Apr-12-14 1:17 pm
MANCHESTER, England - A run of 10 straight victories has propelled Liverpool to the top of the Premier League and into the unfamiliar position of title favorite.
VALENCIA, Spain - Gareth Bale raced down the field, avoided a defender and rolled the ball under goalkeeper Jose Pinto in the 90th minute, giving Real Madrid a 2-1 win over Barcelona on Wednesday night and its 19th Copa del Rey title.
MANCHESTER, England - The Premier League trophy could be out of reach for Manchester City after a 2-2 home draw with last-placed Sunderland on Wednesday that capped a demoralizing four days for title chasers.
LIVERPOOL, England - Crystal Palace dented Everton's hopes of Champions League football next season following a 3-2 away win in the English Premier League on Wednesday.
MANCHESTER, England - Manchester City's hopes of winning the Premier League took a big hit with a 2-2 draw at home to last-place Sunderland on Wednesday, with the title chasers needing an 88th-minute goal from Samir Nasri to earn a point.
LIVERPOOL, England - Liverpool's Premier League title hopes have been boosted by a positive injury prognosis on striker Daniel Sturridge.
LONDON - Eugene is bidding to bring track and field's world championships to the United States for the first time.
LIVERPOOL, England - Scarves donated by football clubs across the world were laid out in the center circle at Anfield, forming the shape of the number "96" beneath a clear blue sky.
LONDON - Jamaican sprinter Veronica Campbell-Brown was cleared of doping because of blatant flaws in the test collection procedures and possible "environmental contamination" of her urine sample, sport's highest appeals body said Tuesday.
LONDON - Mark Rodden, Eurosport, France
BIRMINGHAM, England - Aston Villa has suspended the assistant manager and a key off-field official as the club fights to stay in the English Premier League.
MANCHESTER, England - Manchester City could be without midfielder Yaya Toure for three of the team's final six Premier League games.
LONDON - London is getting a new fashion extravaganza - the Victoria's Secret Show, which will take place for the first time in the British capital this year.
BRACKLEY, England - Mercedes says its technical director will leave the Formula One team at the team of the 2014 season and will not be replaced.
LONDON - The city of Birmingham in central England has expanded an investigation into an alleged Muslim plot to greatly expand Islamic influence in the city's school system.
LIVERPOOL, England - There could be unlikely league winners in England and Spain this season, with Liverpool and Atletico Madrid keeping up their good form with wins on Sunday.
LONDON - Irreverent musical "The Book of Mormon" and hit geopolitical drama "Chimerica" were the big winners Sunday at Britain's Olivier stage awards, on a night when London's small theaters flexed their substantial muscle.
LONDON - The winners of London's 2014 Laurence Olivier Awards, honoring achievement in theater, opera and dance:
LONDON - Hull reached the FA Cup final for the first time in its 110-year history as the Premier League side twice came from behind to beat third-tier club Sheffield United 5-3 in a lively encounter on Sunday.
LIVERPOOL, England - Embracing his teammates after a hugely significant win in the Premier League title race, Steven Gerrard looked to the skies and cried tears of joy.
LONDON - The last of the elite runners to arrive in London but the first over the line, Wilson Kipsang's week of travel chaos had no impact on his marathon running. The world record-holder saw off a strong field to capture his second London title by breaking the course record on Sunday.
LIVERPOOL, England - Liverpool fans held up a mosaic spelling out "96 25 years" during a minute's silence to mark the 25th anniversary of the Hillsborough Stadium disaster, ahead of the club's Premier League match against Manchester City at Anfield on Sunday.
LONDON - Arsenal avoided FA Cup embarrassment against second-tier club Wigan on Saturday, coming from behind against the holder and winning a penalty shootout to reach the final where the London club will be looking to end a nine-year trophy drought.
WEST BROMWICH, England - Tottenham came from three goals down after 31 minutes to draw 3-3 at West Bromwich Albion on Saturday, with Christian Eriksen's strike deep into stoppage time sealing the English Premier League comeback.
LONDON - By the Wembley pitch, 96 seats remained empty on Saturday. Just a Liverpool scarf draped over each of them: a powerful tribute to the 96 Liverpool fans who went to an FA Cup semifinal 25 years earlier but never returned home.