- IAAF clears Radcliffe, defends its blood testing program Updated: Nov-27-15 1:17 pm
LONDON - The IAAF cleared marathon world record-holder Paula Radcliffe of doping allegations on Friday and rejected claims that it failed to act on hundreds of suspicious blood tests, saying the accusations lacked "any scientific or legal basis."
- Cairns in limbo as perjury trial heads into 9th week Updated: Nov-27-15 12:42 pm
LONDON - Former New Zealand cricket captain Chris Cairns must wait until Monday at the earliest to learn the result of his perjury trial after jurors failed to reach a verdict following a second day of deliberations.
- United short of strikers after James Wilson loaned out Updated: Nov-27-15 7:23 am
MANCHESTER, England - As the final whistle blew on Manchester United's fourth goalless draw in its last seven matches, the boos filling Old Trafford were another indicator of disenchantment about the team's playing style.
- Leicester upstaging the big names in English Premier League Updated: Nov-26-15 11:44 am
MANCHESTER, England - A glance at the top of Europe's big leagues tells a mostly familiar story after a third of the season.
- Vardy takes unlikely route to Premier League record book Updated: Nov-26-15 11:37 am
Jamie Vardy's unconventional route to the English Premier League's record book began with heartbreaking rejection from his hometown club at 16 and back-breaking work in a carbon-fiber factory.
- Redskins could play twice in London next season Updated: Nov-25-15 8:00 pm
LONDON - The Washington Redskins could become the first NFL team to play two games in London in one season - in consecutive weeks, no less.
- Ibrahimovic scores on CL return to Malmo, Juve beats City Updated: Nov-25-15 6:36 pm
PARIS - Zlatan Ibrahimovic celebrated his return to his first senior club with a goal as Paris Saint-Germain advanced to the knockout phase of the Champions League on Wednesday while Juventus claimed top spot to qualify from Group D with a 1-0 win over Manchester City.
- Bengals headed to London for first time next season Updated: Nov-25-15 6:14 pm
CINCINNATI - The tiger-striped helmets are headed to London for the first time.
- Rooney tells United to be more ruthless after 0-0 vs PSV Updated: Nov-25-15 6:13 pm
MANCHESTER, England - Manchester United's Champions League ambitions were plunged into doubt after a 0-0 home draw against PSV Eindhoven on Wednesday that highlighted the English team's attacking shortcomings under manager Louis van Gaal.
- A veteran's memories Updated: Nov-25-15 2:16 pm
ROCK SPRINGS, Wyoming - Several of World War II veteran Harry R. Chipp's war stories sound like the stuff of nightmares.
- Dome operator: Rams must play in St. Louis, not London Updated: Nov-25-15 1:35 pm
ST. LOUIS - The NFL announced Wednesday that the Rams will play a home game in London next season and the operator of the Edward Jones Dome in St. Louis responded almost immediately by saying the team's lease agreement prohibits it.
- Arsenal's Champs League hopes alive with 3-0 win over Zagreb Updated: Nov-24-15 6:22 pm
LONDON - Arsenal received a Champions League lifeline courtesy of Alexis Sanchez's double and assistance from Bayern Munich on Tuesday.
- As Rhodes scholar, Harvard student to explore Syrian roots Updated: Nov-24-15 3:43 pm
BOSTON - The honor of winning a Rhodes scholarship carries extra weight for Neil Alacha. It will help connect him to his Middle Eastern roots.
- Pakistani man gets 40 years in al-Qaida plot to bomb subway Updated: Nov-24-15 11:32 am
NEW YORK - A Pakistani man was sentenced to 40 years in prison Tuesday for a failed al-Qaida bomb plot on the New York City subway.
- Migrants build society in French camp they call 'the jungle' Updated: Nov-24-15 10:43 am
CALAIS, France - Outside, acrid smoke from wood fires stings the eye, the stench of uncollected garbage and neglected toilets assaults the nose, and an autumn wind chills the bone. But inside Mimi Amanuel's immaculate wood-framed shack, the nightmare life of Calais' migrant camp cannot overpower a woman's dreams.
- Jewel heist gang leader dropped out after 1st try failed Updated: Nov-24-15 10:35 am
LONDON - If at first you don't succeed, give up.
- Nicole Kidman named best actress at Evening Standard awards Updated: Nov-23-15 5:17 am
LONDON - Nicole Kidman says her award-winning London stage performance as a scientist was a tribute to her late father.
- Barcelona hosts Roma amid heightened security measures Updated: Nov-22-15 10:33 pm
BARCELONA, Spain - Fresh from its domestic demolition of Real Madrid, Barcelona will be aiming to advance to the Champions League knockout rounds for a 12th straight year when it hosts Roma on Tuesday.
- Players and fans join in tributes after Paris attacks Updated: Nov-22-15 6:02 pm
PARIS - For the second straight day, the security presence was increased around Europe's soccer stadiums in the wake of last week's deadly attacks in Paris, where 130 people died and hundreds more were injured.
- For 2016 season, Federer won't look past Australian Open Updated: Nov-22-15 5:36 pm
LONDON - The Olympic tennis tournament remains the only big singles title Roger Federer has yet to add to his collection. Looking ahead to next season, though, it's not the Rio de Janeiro Games that are at the top of his mind.
- Georgia college students chosen as Rhodes scholars Updated: Nov-22-15 4:41 pm
ATLANTA - Two college students from Georgia are among 32 in the United States who have been named Rhodes scholars.
- Brace for Kane as Tottenham beats West Ham in easy 4-1 win Updated: Nov-22-15 3:34 pm
LONDON - England striker Harry Kane scored twice as Tottenham brushed aside London rival West Ham in a convincing 4-1 victory at White Hart Lane on Sunday.
- Duke University student from Dallas named Rhodes scholar Updated: Nov-22-15 3:18 pm
DALLAS - A Dallas native studying the role of women in the English Reformation has won a prestigious Rhodes scholarship, joining 31 other students who will study at Oxford University.
- 4 from New England among 32 selected as Rhodes scholars Updated: Nov-22-15 12:49 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Four students from New England are among 32 Americans named as Rhodes scholars for the 2016 academic year.
- Church of England fighting ban of 'Lord's Prayer' film spot Updated: Nov-22-15 12:20 pm
LONDON - The Church of England is threatening legal action over the rejection of a one-minute film featuring the Lord's Prayer that it wanted to run before showings of the new Star Wars film that opens shortly before Christmas.