- UK anti-terror officer moved over spying scandal Updated: Mar-07-14 12:22 pm
- Arsenal's title hopes fade with Wilshere out Updated: Mar-07-14 7:47 am
- Rediscovered trenches bring WWI to life in England Updated: Mar-07-14 4:22 am
- Pardew admits charge for head-butting player Updated: Mar-06-14 1:27 pm
- 5 things about English football this weekend Updated: Mar-06-14 11:51 am
- Wilshere out for 6 weeks with foot injury Updated: Mar-06-14 10:17 am
- Sturridge heads England to 1-0 win over Denmark Updated: Mar-05-14 6:41 pm
- Bank of England suspends employee in forex probe Updated: Mar-05-14 10:45 am
- Trial begins in UK case against famous PR guru Updated: Mar-05-14 6:34 am
- Salmond: Independent Scotland would not be foreign Updated: Mar-04-14 6:11 pm
- Madrid 1st in AP soccer poll, Robben top player Updated: Mar-04-14 4:50 pm
- Bizarre game brings English town to standstill Updated: Mar-04-14 1:21 pm
- England hires psychiatrist for World Cup Updated: Mar-04-14 12:05 pm
- Madrid 1st in AP football poll, Robben top player Updated: Mar-04-14 11:51 am
- England defender Walker ruled out of Denmark match Updated: Mar-04-14 10:21 am
- Wembley to host Froch-Groves II in May Updated: Mar-04-14 9:14 am
- UK's Hague: 'Options open' on Russia sanctions Updated: Mar-04-14 8:40 am
- Aide to UK's PM arrested in child pornography inquiry Updated: Mar-04-14 6:20 am
- FA charges Newcastle manager Pardew for head-butt Updated: Mar-03-14 11:56 am
- Sanctions threat grows as Ukraine tensions rise Updated: Mar-03-14 11:46 am
- New US World Cup jersey resembles golf shirt Updated: Mar-03-14 10:38 am
- Prince Harry, Desmond Tutu, others honor Mandela Updated: Mar-03-14 10:16 am
- 'Made in Dagenham' musical coming to London stage Updated: Mar-03-14 10:07 am
- Villa storms back to beat Norwich 4-1 Updated: Mar-02-14 6:19 pm
- Ex-England defender Campbell makes racism claims Updated: Mar-02-14 4:35 am
LONDON - London's top counterterrorism police officer has been removed from his post after he was implicated in a report that concluded the force spied on the family of a murdered teenager - a case that exposed police racism and incompetence.
LONDON - With Jack Wilshere out for six weeks, few would bet on Arsenal to win its first Premier League title since 2004.
GOSPORT, England - Two lines of trenches face off across No Man's Land. A soldier marches, rifle in hand, along a ditch. These are instantly familiar images of World War I - but this is Britain, a century on and an English Channel away from the battlefields of the Western Front.
NEWCASTLE, England - Newcastle manager Alan Pardew will attend a hearing with the English Football Association to discover what punishment he will receive for head-butting an opposing player in the Premier League.
MANCHESTER, England - Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho has spent most of the season downplaying his team's chances of winning the English Premier League title.
LONDON - Arsenal midfielder Jack Wilshere will be out for about six weeks after cracking a bone in his left foot while playing for England.
LONDON - Daniel Sturridge's late header gave England a 1-0 victory over Denmark on Wednesday on a largely ineffective night for the World Cup-bound team in its final friendly before the squad is named.
LONDON - The Bank of England has suspended a member of staff while it conducts an investigation into allegations that the institution condoned or knew about manipulation in the foreign exchange markets.
LONDON - The trial of public relations guru Max Clifford on charges of indecent assault is underway with jury selection at a central London court.
LONDON - Scotland's leader took his call for independence to the heart of opposition territory in London on Tuesday, arguing that a separate Scotland would not be a foreign country to England.
LONDON - Real Madrid's 6-1 thrashing of Schalke followed by its 2-2 draw with La Liga title rival Atletico Madrid sent it to the top of this week's Associated Press global soccer poll.
ASHBOURNE, England - The strains of 'God Save The Queen' have died down by the time a local businessman, standing on a 10-foot-high plinth in the middle of a town-center car park, tosses a leather ball into a vast sea of bodies.
LONDON - In a bid to boost his team's mental strength at the World Cup, England coach Roy Hodgson said Tuesday he has hired a psychiatrist for the lead-up to the tournament in Brazil.
LONDON - Real Madrid's 6-1 thrashing of Schalke followed by its 2-2 draw with La Liga title rival Atletico Madrid sent it to the top of this week's Associated Press global football poll.
LONDON - England defender Kyle Walker has been ruled out of Wednesday's friendly against Denmark because of a groin injury.
LONDON - The highly anticipated rematch between British fighters Carl Froch and George Groves for the WBA and IBF super-middleweight titles will be at Wembley Stadium on May 31.
LONDON - Britain's foreign secretary said Tuesday that "our options are open" on stronger measures against Russia over the crisis in Ukraine, though a leaked document seemed to suggest the U.K. had ruled out economic sanctions.
LONDON - A senior aide to Prime Minister David Cameron has been arrested and has resigned after images potentially related to child pornography were found on computers.
LONDON - Newcastle manager Alan Pardew is facing a long stadium ban after being charged Monday by the English Football Association with improper conduct for head-butting an opposing player during a Premier League match.
LONDON - Fears of a tit-for-tat campaign of economic sanctions between Russia and Western powers over Ukraine ratcheted up Monday, with concerns largely centering on Russia's supplies of natural gas to Europe.
CHICAGO - The U.S. home jersey for the World Cup resembles a golf shirt.
LONDON - Prince Harry, former Archbishop of Cape Town Desmond Tutu, and Prime Minister David Cameron have joined nearly 2,000 people in a memorial service for the late South African President Nelson Mandela.
LONDON - The story of a band of female workers who fight the powers at their Ford factory is heading to London's stage.
BIRMINGHAM, England - Striker Christian Benteke scored twice as Aston Villa stormed back from a goal down to beat Norwich 4-1 on Sunday and move away from the Premier League relegation zone.
LONDON - Former England defender Sol Campbell has accused England's Football Association of racism, claiming he would have captained England for more than a decade if he was white.