- Inverness wins Scottish Cup for 1st time Updated: May-30-15 12:27 pm
GLASGOW, England - Inverness Caledonian Thistle captured the Scottish Cup for the first time on Saturday, beating second-tier Falkirk 2-1 in the final thanks to an 86th-minute winner scored when the team was down to 10 men.
- Ex-England, Man United defender Rio Ferdinand retires Updated: May-30-15 9:20 am
Former England and Manchester United defender Rio Ferdinand announced his retirement on Saturday, ending a 20-year professional career in which the ball-playing center back established himself as one of the top English players of his generation.
- THE LATEST: Europe, US are likely bidders for 2026 World Cup Updated: May-30-15 8:29 am
ZURICH - The latest developments concerning FIFA:
- Cancer survivor Gutierrez released by Newcastle Updated: May-30-15 7:38 am
NEWCASTLE, England - A week after helping Newcastle secure its status in the English Premier League, former Argentina midfielder Jonas Gutierrez has been released by the club to end his seven-year stint at St. James' Park.
- Rocky road: Britain's troubled ties to European Union Updated: May-29-15 5:47 am
LONDON - The British people will get another chance to decide on their European future by the end of 2017 - marking one more milestone in a long-troubled relationship.
- Underdog Villa aims to spring a surprise in FA Cup final Updated: May-29-15 2:45 am
Aston Villa is one win away from ending a 19-year wait for a major trophy and it's all getting a bit too much for the second in line to the British throne.
- Eccentric, centuries-old customs at Queen's Speech Updated: May-27-15 8:50 am
LONDON - The Queen's Speech, which formally opens Britain's parliament each year, is a colorful ceremony steeped in traditions dating back centuries. The costumes and elaborate rituals may appear eccentric today, but many reflect historic tensions between the monarchy and Parliament.
- Webster University students in London in financial limbo Updated: May-26-15 2:41 pm
WEBSTER GROVES, Missouri - Several Webster University students studying abroad in London unexpectedly lost their federal financial aid this past school year due to the school's violation of Department of Education regulations.
- Former trader goes on trial in UK for market manipulation Updated: May-26-15 10:49 am
LONDON - A British prosecutor says a former Citibank and UBS trader motivated by greed served as the ringmaster in the alleged manipulation of a key interest rate, the London Interbank Lending Rate, or Libor.
- Rebel soccer club on the rise in Manchester Updated: May-26-15 6:57 am
MANCHESTER, England - It's 90 minutes before kickoff and the stadium's concourse is filling up with excited United fans clutching their match tickets and wearing red-and-white scarves and jerseys.
- Brides for sale: European women lured for sham marriages Updated: May-25-15 11:18 pm
LONDON - Klara Balogova was 18, penniless and heavily pregnant when she rode thousands of miles from Slovakia to England to marry a man she had never met.
- France's Alexander Levy among 16 to qualify for US Open Updated: May-25-15 4:05 pm
SURREY, England - Alexander Levy of France had rounds of 66-67 to earn one of 11 spots in the U.S. Open from the sectional qualifier Monday in England.
- Ex-England coach McClaren fired by 2nd-tier Derby Updated: May-25-15 2:02 pm
DERBY, England - Former England coach Steve McClaren has been fired by Derby County after failing to guide the second-tier English club into the Premier League.
- Norwich back in Premier League after winning playoff final Updated: May-25-15 12:20 pm
LONDON - Norwich secured an immediate return to the Premier League and an estimated promotion windfall of up to $235 million by beating Middlesbrough 2-0 in the second-tier playoff final on Monday.
- UK airport expansion threatens to take out entire villages Updated: May-25-15 4:12 am
LONDON - With its classic red phone booth, pub, and medieval church, Harmondsworth's center looks quintessentially British. But the search for a twee English village isn't what brings millions of people within a stone's throw of its boundaries.
- Hull relegated, Newcastle survives on final day of season Updated: May-24-15 5:35 pm
LONDON - Hull was relegated and Newcastle ensured its survival as the Premier League season ended with a series of farewells on Sunday.
- Falcao returns to Monaco after disappointing spell at United Updated: May-24-15 5:15 pm
MANCHESTER, England - Manchester United sent Radamel Falcao back to Monaco on Sunday after a disappointing season-long loan in which the Colombia international failed to show the predatory instincts that once made him one of the world's top strikers.
- Leicester caps stunning end to season by thrashing QPR 5-1 Updated: May-24-15 2:27 pm
LEICESTER, England - Jamie Vardy celebrated his surprise England call-up by setting Leicester on its way to a 5-1 win over Queens Park Rangers on Sunday that completed the team's stunning end-of-season run to safety in the Premier League.
- Lampard scores for Man City in Premier League farewell Updated: May-24-15 2:14 pm
MANCHESTER, England - Frank Lampard wrapped up his Premier League career by scoring in Manchester City's 2-0 win over Southampton on Sunday on the last day of the season.
- Rodgers offers to go after Liverpool is routed 6-1 by Stoke Updated: May-24-15 1:24 pm
LIVERPOOL, England - Liverpool endured its heaviest loss in 52 years as the Premier League season ended with a 6-1 humiliation at Stoke on Sunday.
- Newcastle stays in Premier League, Allardyce leaves West Ham Updated: May-24-15 1:24 pm
NEWCASTLE, England - Newcastle secured its Premier League status with a 2-0 victory on Sunday over West Ham, which announced the departure of manager Sam Allardyce after the final game of the season.
- Ings scores 11th goal as Burnley beats Villa 1-0 Updated: May-24-15 1:07 pm
BIRMINGHAM, England - Burnley signed off from the Premier League with a deserved 1-0 win at Aston Villa on Sunday as Danny Ings gave the team what could be his leaving present.
- Hull relegated after 0-0 draw with Man United Updated: May-24-15 12:45 pm
HULL, England - Hull was relegated after two seasons in the Premier League on Sunday following a 0-0 draw with Manchester United that sent the visitors into the Champions League playoffs.
- Spurs in Europa League, beats Everton 1-0 Updated: May-24-15 12:17 pm
LIVERPOOL, England - Tottenham qualified for the Europa League after beating Everton 1-0 in the Premier League on Sunday, with Harry Kane scoring the winner with his 21st goal in a breakthrough season.
- The Latest: 2nd halves underway, Spurs set for Europa League Updated: May-24-15 11:12 am
LONDON - 4:03 p.m.