- Substance or Style? Labour leader banks on geek appeal Updated: May-05-15 2:35 am
LONDON - It was an unexpected moment on the campaign trail.
- A name for Britain's new princess: Charlotte Elizabeth Diana Updated: May-05-15 12:07 am
LONDON - It's a name that immediately evokes British royal history: Princess Charlotte Elizabeth Diana.
- Sanchez nets 2 as Arsenal beats Hull 3-1 in Premier League Updated: May-04-15 5:40 pm
HULL, England - Alexis Sanchez scored twice as Arsenal effectively secured Champions League football for an 18th straight year by beating Hull 3-1 Monday in the Premier League.
- With no ambition and a revolt by fans, Newcastle in freefall Updated: May-04-15 5:17 pm
LONDON - There was a time when Newcastle owner Mike Ashley gave the impression, in public at least, that he cared about the team and that it was more than just a profit-making offshoot of his sports retail empire.
- Britain's new princess can't expect fairy-tale life Updated: May-04-15 10:20 am
LONDON - William and Kate's new daughter is the first British princess who won't face royal discrimination because she's a girl, but that doesn't mean her life will be a fairy tale.
- Once the kingmaker, Britain's Clegg faces election debacle Updated: May-04-15 7:40 am
SHEFFIELD, England - At Britain's last election campaign, he was hailed as the most popular party leader since Winston Churchill, an unexpected star who upstaged the two dominant parties. Some even wondered whether he was the "British Obama."
- Ex-England striker Greaves in intensive care after stroke Updated: May-04-15 5:41 am
LONDON - The family of World Cup winner Jimmy Greaves says the former England and Tottenham striker is in intensive care after suffering a severe stroke.
- Chelsea wins Premier League title for 1st time in 5 years Updated: May-03-15 7:21 pm
LONDON - Chelsea won the Premier League with three games to spare with a 1-0 victory over fellow London side Crystal Palace, while Paris Saint-Germain took a step closer to a third straight title with a 2-0 victory at Nantes in the French league.
- 5-year drought ends as Chelsea is champion of England again Updated: May-03-15 6:33 pm
LONDON - The five-year drought is over. Chelsea is Premier League champion again - with three games to spare.
- Jockey Ryan Moore completes Guineas double on Legatissimo Updated: May-03-15 11:49 am
NEWMARKET, England - Jockey Ryan Moore completed a double of British classic wins this weekend by riding Legatissimo to victory in the 1,000 Guineas on Sunday.
- Pretty in Pink: Princess is good for nation of shopkeepers Updated: May-03-15 11:04 am
LONDON - Britain's retailers might just be rejoicing as much as Kate and Wills about the birth of a new baby princess.
- Should Britain stay in the EU? Question hovers in election Updated: May-03-15 9:50 am
LONDON - Ian Robinson, co-owner of a small investment firm in London, is watching Britain's general election this Thursday with unease.
- 3rd successive loss for Man United; 8th in row for Newcastle Updated: May-02-15 6:05 pm
After a third successive loss, Manchester United's bid to return to the Champions League is stuttering.
- Gerrard heads Liverpool to 2-1 win vs QPR in Premier League Updated: May-02-15 3:24 pm
LIVERPOOL, England - Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard made amends for missing a penalty by clinching a 2-1 victory over Queens Park Rangers on Saturday that damaged the London club's bid for English Premier League survival.
- West Brom inflicts Man United's 3rd straight loss in EPL Updated: May-02-15 3:23 pm
MANCHESTER, England - Jonas Olsson gave West Bromwich Albion a 1-0 victory at Manchester United on Saturday that should ensure the team stays in the English Premier League.
- 8th straight loss for Newcastle, manager hits out at players Updated: May-02-15 2:18 pm
LEICESTER, England - Newcastle had two players sent off and lost its eighth Premier League game Saturday as Leicester won 3-0 to boost its bid to stay up.
- It's a girl: Timeline of William and Kate's relationship Updated: May-02-15 1:58 pm
LONDON - Prince William's wife Kate has given birth to the couple's second child, a daughter who becomes fourth in line for the throne. Here are some highlights of the couple's lives:
- Aston Villa beats Everton 3-2 in Premier League Updated: May-02-15 12:54 pm
BIRMINGHAM, England - Christian Benteke scored twice as FA Cup finalist Aston Villa avoided dropping into the Premier League relegation zone on Saturday, beating lackluster Everton 3-2 at Villa Park.
- Sunderland beats Southampton 2-1 in Premier League Updated: May-02-15 12:02 pm
SUNDERLAND, England - Jordi Gomez converted two penalties to boost Sunderland's chances of avoiding relegation with a 2-1 win over 10-man Southampton on Saturday in the Premier League.
- Crime and mystery writer Ruth Rendell dies at 85 Updated: May-02-15 10:12 am
LONDON - Mystery writer Ruth Rendell, who brought psychological insight and social conscience to the classic British detective story, has died at the age of 85.
- Prince William and Kate face transition: new baby, new job Updated: May-02-15 6:52 am
LONDON - It is a period of transition for Prince William and the Duchess of Cambridge, with the birth of a daughter even as William adjusts to a new job as a helicopter ambulance pilot.
- Beckham's influence grows as former soccer star turns 40 Updated: May-01-15 11:00 am
- Premier League coach loses cool as team fights relegation Updated: Apr-30-15 10:20 am
For a man who once repelled a pack of vicious dogs while hiking in the Carpathian Mountains, handling an innocuous question in a news conference should have been easy for the manager of English soccer club Leicester.
- Costa Rica defender Oviedo to miss CONCACAF Gold Cup Updated: Apr-30-15 6:05 am
LIVERPOOL, England - Costa Rica defender Bryan Oviedo will miss the CONCACAF Gold Cup in July after breaking a bone in his right foot in training with English club Everton.
- Chelsea on the brink of clinching Premier League title Updated: Apr-30-15 6:03 am
MANCHESTER, England - By mixing attacking verve with defensive resilience, Chelsea has been a class apart in the Premier League and can win the title Sunday with three games to spare.