- Dettori gives Qatar winning start to Goodwood sponsorship Updated: Jul-28-15 2:08 pm
GOODWOOD, England - Frankie Dettori steered Qatar-owned Galileo Gold to victory on Tuesday in the Qatar Vintage Stakes on the first day of the Goodwood Festival, which now has the oil-and-gas rich Gulf nation as its title sponsor.
- Litvinenko judge slams 'charade' of suspect's testimony bid Updated: Jul-28-15 8:02 am
LONDON - The British judge investigating the radioactive poisoning death of former Russian agent Alexander Litvinenko on Tuesday accused Russian authorities or a key suspect of interfering with his inquiry.
- UK priest who fled after fleecing flock jailed in England Updated: Jul-28-15 7:56 am
LONDON - A British judge has jailed a runaway priest for two years and eight months for pocketing church funds.
- New York Red Bulls sign Shaun Wright-Phillips Updated: Jul-27-15 11:58 am
LONDON - The New York Red Bulls have completed the signing of former Manchester City and Chelsea midfielder Shaun Wright-Phillips on a free transfer.
- Aston Villa signs forward Jordan Ayew from Lorient Updated: Jul-27-15 10:18 am
BIRMINGHAM, England - Aston Villa has signed Ghana international striker Jordan Ayew from French club Lorient on a five-year deal.
- Man United signs Argentina 'keeper Romero on free transfer Updated: Jul-27-15 4:39 am
MANCHESTER, England - Manchester United has signed Argentina goalkeeper Sergio Romero to a three-year deal on a free transfer.
- Jason Day rallies to win Canadian Open Updated: Jul-26-15 8:22 pm
OAKVILLE, Ontario - Jason Day made himself right at home in the Canadian Open - at David Hearn's expense.
- Ainslie wins first America's Cup World Series stop of 2015 Updated: Jul-26-15 5:22 pm
PORTSMOUTH, England - The hometown Land Rover Ben Ainslie Racing has been declared the winner of the first America's Cup World Series of the year after Sunday's racing was canceled because of gale-force wind.
- Dawson beats Langer and Montgomerie to Senior Open title Updated: Jul-26-15 3:45 pm
SUNNINGDALE, England - American Marco Dawson held off the twin challenge of super stars Bernhard Langer and Colin Montgomerie over the final nine holes to claim victory in a thrilling climax to the Senior British Open Championship on Sunday.
- British teen accused of plot to commit college massacre Updated: Jul-24-15 12:25 pm
LONDON - A British teenager planned a gun and bomb attack on a college that had kicked him out for bad behavior, a prosecutor said Friday.
- Liverpool begins construction on roof at Anfield Updated: Jul-24-15 7:59 am
LIVERPOOL, England - Liverpool's stadium expansion has moved to the roof at Anfield as work began Friday to raise a 650-ton truss over the new main stand.
- Bolt 'will show up' at world championships in Beijing Updated: Jul-23-15 12:12 pm
LONDON - Even though Usain Bolt is still waiting to see if he has fully recovered from a left leg injury, the Olympic champion is sure he will be able to compete at next month's world championships in Beijing.
- China returns passport to Ai Weiwei, who plans London trip Updated: Jul-22-15 11:25 pm
BEIJING - Artist and government critic Ai Weiwei has gotten his passport back four years after it was confiscated by Chinese authorities and plans to visit Germany for a medical checkup and to see his young son.
- Liverpool signs Benteke from Aston Villa after Sterling exit Updated: Jul-22-15 5:44 pm
LIVERPOOL, England - Liverpool signed Belgium striker Christian Benteke from Premier League rival Aston Villa on Wednesday in a 32.5 million pound ($50.7 million) deal to strengthen the club's attack for next season.
- Tom Watson looks for 4th title at Senior British Open Updated: Jul-22-15 4:28 pm
SUNNINGDALE, England - Less than a week after his emotional farewell to the British Open at St. Andrews, Tom Watson is going for a record fourth title in the Senior British Open on the Old Course at Sunningdale.
- British university says Quran parchment among oldest Updated: Jul-22-15 1:52 pm
LONDON - A British university disclosed Wednesday that scientific tests prove a Quran manuscript in its collection is one of the oldest known and may have been written close to the time of the Prophet Muhammad.
- Rudisha now the one who has to catch up Updated: Jul-22-15 11:44 am
NAIROBI, Kenya - David Rudisha has been left behind, and he's not used to it.
- Teen, mother lose challenge against UK abortion ruling Updated: Jul-22-15 11:03 am
LONDON - A teenager and her mother on Wednesday lost a legal challenge against a rule that prevents women from Northern Ireland from receiving free abortions in England.
- Relatives mark 10 years since UK police killing of Brazilian Updated: Jul-22-15 10:23 am
LONDON - Relatives of a Brazilian man shot by British police who mistook him for a suicide bomber in the tense aftermath of the London subway bombings on Wednesday remembered his death 10 years ago.
- Magic to play Raptors in regular-season NBA game in London Updated: Jul-22-15 6:15 am
- Manchester United beats Earthquakes 3-1 in exhibition Updated: Jul-22-15 2:14 am
SAN JOSE, California - Coach Louis van Gaal is mixing and matching his lineups and found few highlights worth mentioning from Manchester United's latest preseason victory.
- Stage and film star Theodore Bikel dies in LA at 91 Updated: Jul-21-15 4:08 pm
NEW YORK - Theodore Bikel, the Tony- and Oscar-nominated actor and singer whose passions included folk music and political activism, died Tuesday morning of natural causes at UCLA Medical Center in Los Angeles, said his agent Robert Malcolm. He was 91.
- UK man charged with planning to attack US military personnel Updated: Jul-21-15 11:55 am
LONDON - A British man has been accused in court of planning an attack against U.S. military personnel in Britain.
- Raheem Sterling scores early in City's match against Roma Updated: Jul-21-15 9:39 am
MELBOURNE, Australia - Raheem Sterling took less than three minutes to score his first goal in a Manchester City shirt as the English club beat Roma 5-4 on penalties after a 2-2 draw Tuesday in a preseason friendly.
- Newcastle signs Serbia striker Mitrovic from Anderlecht Updated: Jul-21-15 5:27 am
NEWCASTLE, England - Newcastle has signed Serbia striker Aleksandar Mitrovic from Belgian club Anderlecht on a five-year contract.