- Ranieri closes in on Hollywood ending with Leicester Updated: Apr-29-16 1:31 pm
LONDON - The Premier League trophy arrived in Leicester on Friday for a promotional tour. It will surely be back next month with Leicester City etched into the solid silver for the first time.
- Bellew to fight Makabu for vacant WBC cruiserweight title Updated: Apr-29-16 1:19 pm
LIVERPOOL, England - Tony Bellew will fight Ilunga Makabu for the vacant WBC cruiserweight title at Everton's Goodison Park stadium on May 29.
- Rob Andrew leaving England RFU at end of season Updated: Apr-29-16 12:40 pm
LONDON - Rob Andrew has resigned as the England director of professional rugby and will leave his post at the end of the season.
- 2 Birmingham men accused of funding Brussels bomb suspect Updated: Apr-29-16 9:11 am
LONDON - Two Birmingham men were accused in court Friday of giving money to a key suspect in the Brussels and Paris bombings in a case that may link British residents to those plots.
- Egypt tries to divert eyes to citizen who died in London Updated: Apr-28-16 3:23 pm
CAIRO - Under scrutiny in Europe over its handling of investigations into the torture death of an Italian student in Cairo, Egyptian authorities sought to deflect attention Thursday toward the fate of a British-Egyptian man who died in a London fire.
- UK police charge 3 with terrorism offenses in Birmingham Updated: Apr-28-16 2:04 pm
LONDON - British police on Thursday charged two men and a woman from Birmingham with terrorism-related offenses in a probe that began after the deadly extremist attacks on Paris and Brussels.
- Agbonlahor quits as captain of relegated Aston Villa Updated: Apr-28-16 12:04 pm
BIRMINGHAM, England - Gabby Agbonlahor has quit as Aston Villa captain and apologized for his off-field conduct.
- Bargain-buys, cast-offs driving Leicester's pursuit of title Updated: Apr-28-16 11:13 am
LEICESTER, England - They are the bargain-buys and cast-offs from bigger clubs now on the verge of becoming Premier League champions.
- From King Richard III to cheese: Leicester away from soccer Updated: Apr-28-16 11:12 am
LEICESTER, England - There's more to Leicester than its soccer team. Before Leicester staged its improbable bid to win the Premier League, the city in central England was better known for other reasons.
- UK's Labour suspends ex-London mayor in anti-Semitism row Updated: Apr-28-16 9:37 am
LONDON - Britain's main opposition Labour Party, facing growing criticism over perceived anti-Semitism in its ranks, suspended former London Mayor Ken Livingstone on Thursday over his comments in defense of a lawmaker who made anti-Israel posts on social media.
- Britain's Olympic cycling coach resigns over comments Updated: Apr-27-16 2:07 pm
MANCHESTER, England - One of the key figures behind Britain's successful Olympic cycling team resigned on Wednesday, soon after being suspended by the national governing body for allegedly making discriminatory remarks to riders.
- Tyson Fury teases Wladimir Klitschko ahead of rematch Updated: Apr-27-16 11:22 am
MANCHESTER, England - Tyson Fury removed his T-shirt, turned to Wladimir Klitschko, pointed to his flabby belly and blurted out: "Shame on you, you let a fat man beat you."
- Without Ronaldo, Madrid holds City 0-0 in Champions League Updated: Apr-26-16 6:15 pm
MANCHESTER, England - Real Madrid failed to turn late domination into a goal without the injured Cristiano Ronaldo as Manchester City held on for a 0-0 draw in the first leg of their Champions League semifinal on Tuesday.
- Jury blames police, clears fans in 1989 soccer disaster Updated: Apr-26-16 3:26 pm
WARRINGTON, England - The families of 96 Liverpool soccer fans who were crushed to death at a crowded stadium in 1989 declared they had finally won justice Tuesday after a jury found that police and emergency services were to blame for Britain's worst sports disaster.
- Suarez and Barcelona lead AP Global Football 10 Updated: Apr-26-16 2:52 pm
LONDON - Eight goals in two games for Barcelona sent Luis Suarez straight to the top of the Associated Press Global Football 10 on Tuesday.
- Sounds of silence: UK's Big Ben to fall quiet for repairs Updated: Apr-26-16 2:24 pm
LONDON - It's so long to Big Ben 's bongs - at least temporarily.
- Susan Boyle 'fine' after police incident at Heathrow Updated: Apr-26-16 12:52 pm
LONDON - Susan Boyle's spokeswoman says the singer is at home and fine after an incident involving the police at London's Heathrow Airport.
- London's finest: Fun facts to know about the city's Big Ben Updated: Apr-26-16 12:48 pm
LONDON - As London's famous clock tower gets a face-lift, here are a few facts surrounding the chimes of Big Ben.
- Battle over health care: UK doctors walk off the job Updated: Apr-26-16 9:41 am
LONDON - Thousands of junior doctors posted picket lines outside hospitals around England on Tuesday in the first all-out strike in the history of Britain's National Health Service.
- Leicester 1 win from Premier League title after Spurs held Updated: Apr-25-16 6:25 pm
LONDON - Leicester is one victory from becoming one of the unlikeliest champions in English football history - a year after nearly being relegated from the Premier League.
- Ronaldo and Benzema expected to start against Man City Updated: Apr-25-16 3:05 pm
MANCHESTER, England - Real Madrid coach Zinedine Zidane expects Cristiano Ronaldo and Karim Benzema to start against Manchester City in the semifinals of the Champions League on Tuesday.
- American heavyweight Breazeale to fight Joshua for IBF title Updated: Apr-25-16 10:00 am
LONDON - Undefeated American heavyweight Dominic Breazeale will challenge Anthony Joshua for his IBF title at London's O2 Arena on June 25.
- Britain's Prince Harry honors Australian, New Zealand fallen Updated: Apr-25-16 8:15 am
LONDON - Britain's Prince Harry has laid a wreath during an early morning ANZAC Day service in London honoring fallen New Zealanders and Australians.
- Army officer dies after collapsing running London Marathon Updated: Apr-25-16 7:51 am
LONDON - A British Army officer has died after collapsing three miles short of the London Marathon finish line.
- Immigration takes center stage in UK campaign to leave EU Updated: Apr-25-16 6:01 am
LONDON - U.K. politicians who want Britain to leave the European Union are fighting back after President Barack Obama sided with those who want the country to stay in the 28-nation bloc.