- Man sought in molest case in UK shoots self in Los Angeles Updated: Sep-01-15 7:16 pm
LOS ANGELES - Authorities say a man facing extradition to the United Kingdom to face questioning about child molestation allegations has shot himself at his Los Angeles home.
- Transfer window: Club rifts, failed moves, record spend Updated: Sep-01-15 6:06 pm
LONDON - A record $1.3 billion was spent by English Premier League clubs in the summer transfer window.
- United-Madrid blame game after De Gea deadline-day debacle Updated: Sep-01-15 3:02 pm
MADRID - The deadline arrived, but the announcement never did.
- Man United moves for Martial as rivals stay quiet Updated: Sep-01-15 1:36 pm
MANCHESTER, England - Manchester United took a gamble in making French forward Anthony Martial the most expensive teenager in football history as Premier League spending in the summer transfer window reached record levels on Tuesday.
- Martial signs for Man United, costliest ever teenager Updated: Sep-01-15 12:53 pm
MANCHESTER, England - French forward Anthony Martial became the most expensive teenager in football history on Tuesday when he signed for Manchester United for a reported 36 million pounds ($55.5 million), in the latest deadline-day deal by the English club.
- Sweden optimistic over questioning Assange in London Updated: Sep-01-15 12:34 pm
HELSINKI - Swedish officials said Tuesday they are optimistic about reaching a general agreement on legal assistance with Ecuador which could pave the way to questioning WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange in London on outstanding accusations against him.
- UK police: Mother, 4 children detained in Turkey Updated: Sep-01-15 12:02 pm
LONDON - British police say a mother and her four young children from London who were believed to be on their way to Syria have been detained in Turkey.
- Benedict Cumberbatch, Helen Mirren lead London Film Fest Updated: Sep-01-15 11:47 am
LONDON - Helen Mirren, Benedict Cumberbatch and Maggie Smith are among the British stars to attend this year's London Film Festival.
- James Rodriguez, Roma top Global Football 10 poll Updated: Sep-01-15 10:36 am
LONDON - James Rodriguez entered this week's Associated Press Global Football 10 at the top of the player rankings after scoring twice - including a spectacular overhead kick - and propelling Real Madrid to a 5-0 victory over Real Betis.
- Premier League player punished after drunk-driving crash Updated: Sep-01-15 8:11 am
MANCHESTER, England - A Premier League footballer must serve a 12-month community order and has been banned from driving for 20 months after driving into three cyclists when over the legal alcohol limit and failing to report the crash.
- Shaw, Shelvey recalled by England for Euro qualifiers Updated: Aug-30-15 3:38 pm
LONDON - Manchester United defender Luke Shaw and Swansea midfielder Jonjo Shelvey have been rewarded for strong starts to the Premier League season by earning recalls to the England squad for upcoming European Championship qualifiers.
- United's biggest problems exposed in 2-1 loss at Swansea Updated: Aug-30-15 2:23 pm
MANCHESTER, England - Manchester United's early-season problems at both ends of the pitch were exposed in a 2-1 loss at Swansea on Sunday that ended its unbeaten start in the Premier League.
- Man City breaks transfer record again to sign De Bruyne Updated: Aug-30-15 12:27 pm
MANCHESTER, England - Manchester City demonstrated its financial might by breaking the club's transfer record for the second time this summer to sign Kevin de Bruyne on Sunday, making the Belgium midfielder the second most-expensive player in English football history.
- Rossi wins British GP, retakes sole lead in MotoGP standings Updated: Aug-30-15 10:41 am
SILVERSTONE, England - Valentino Rossi won the British Grand Prix in wet conditions Sunday to reclaim the outright lead in the MotoGP championship, with Marc Marquez crashing out in another blow to his title defense.
- Tadic double helps Southampton to 3-0 win over Norwich Updated: Aug-30-15 10:28 am
SOUTHAMPTON, England - Dusan Tadic scored two goals in three second-half minutes to seal Southampton's 3-0 win over 10-man Norwich in the Premier League on Sunday.
- Liverpool loans out Markovic to Turkish club Fenerbahce Updated: Aug-30-15 9:03 am
LIVERPOOL, England - Liverpool has sent Serbia winger Lazar Markovic on loan to Turkish club Fenerbahce for the rest of the season.
- Defender Jonny Evans leaves Man United for West Brom Updated: Aug-29-15 3:11 pm
WEST BROMWICH, England - Defender Jonny Evans has left Manchester United to join West Bromwich Albion.
- Palace inflicts Mourinho's 2nd loss in 100 home league games Updated: Aug-29-15 2:56 pm
LONDON - More than just a blip in form, Jose Mourinho's Chelsea Premier League title defense is in trouble after only four games.
- West Brom beats 9-man Stoke 1-0 in Premier League Updated: Aug-29-15 1:18 pm
STOKE, England - Stoke lost to West Bromwich Albion 1-0 Saturday after having two players sent off in six first-half minutes on ex-Potters boss Tony Pulis' maiden return to the Britannia Stadium.
- West Ham stuns Liverpool 3-0 in Premier League Updated: Aug-29-15 12:53 pm
LIVERPOOL, England - Mark Noble scored and was later sent off as West Ham stunned Liverpool 3-0 Saturday for its first victory at Anfield since 1963 in a Premier League game that both teams finished with 10 men.
- Sterling gets 1st goal as Man City keeps perfect record Updated: Aug-29-15 12:33 pm
MANCHESTER, England - Raheem Sterling scored his first Premier League goal for Manchester City as Manuel Pellegrini's team beat Watford 2-0 Saturday to keep its perfect record.
- Sunderland draws 2-2 at Aston Villa in Premier League Updated: Aug-29-15 12:26 pm
BIRMINGHAM, England - Scott Sinclair scored two more goals but Aston Villa was still held to a 2-2 draw by Sunderland on Saturday in a seesaw Premier League encounter.
- Leicester keeps unbeaten start with late goal at Bournemouth Updated: Aug-29-15 12:26 pm
BOURNEMOUTH, England - Jamie Vardy scored from the penalty spot with just four minutes remaining to maintain Leicester's unbeaten start to the Premier League season at Bournemouth on Saturday with a 1-1 draw.
- Arsenal relies on own goal to beat 10-man Newcastle in EPL Updated: Aug-29-15 10:39 am
NEWCASTLE, England - Arsenal relied on Fabricio Coloccini's own goal to win 1-0 at Newcastle despite the hosts playing most of the Premier League game with 10 men on Saturday.
- Flamboyant Depay already a crowd-pleaser at Man United Updated: Aug-28-15 12:44 pm
MANCHESTER, England - Players who have flourished in the iconic No. 7 jersey at Manchester United have had three attributes in common: attitude, ability and aura.