- Onlookers find solace, grief in Fort Hood ceremony Updated: Apr-10-14 2:52 pm
- Near Fort Hood, church service honors fallen Updated: Apr-06-14 11:28 pm
- No clear security fixes for Fort Hood violence Updated: Apr-04-14 6:31 pm
- Fort Hood gun store again linked to base rampage Updated: Apr-04-14 8:40 am
- Fort Hood gunman's attack mystifies hometown Updated: Apr-03-14 6:06 pm
- Fort Hood gunman used same gun store as Hasan Updated: Apr-03-14 5:08 pm
- Neighbors: Accused shooter's wife was distraught Updated: Apr-03-14 2:21 pm
- Doctor: No more deaths expected from Fort Hood Updated: Apr-03-14 12:25 pm
- Dog escapes Texas backyard, somehow gets to Ohio Updated: Apr-02-14 7:30 pm
KILLEEN, Texas - Old wounds reopened for Kelli Heinz as the somber sounds of a trumpet echoed through the air.
KILLEEN, Texas - The church program pictured an empty road being enveloped by the dark clouds of a sweeping thunderstorm, and the service's lesson was from Isaiah 35:4, "Be strong, fear not." The preacher implored those gathered Sunday that they would find hope in God, but also acknowledged the question on everyone's mind: Why Fort Hood - again?
DALLAS - After three mass shootings at military bases in the U.S. over the last five years, security experts say the sad truth is that there is probably no practical way of preventing members of the armed forces or civilian employees from carrying guns onto big installations like Fort Hood.
KILLEEN, Texas - Guns are wall-to-wall at the Guns Galore shop near Fort Hood, and so are posters: No Idiots Allowed. This Isn't a Place for Children to Play. Firearm Trafficking is Illegal.
GUAYANILLA, Puerto Rico - He grew up in Puerto Rico and played percussion in his high school band. He spent a decade working as a police officer and serving in the National Guard, part of that time as a peacekeeper in Egypt's Sinai Peninsula. And then he joined the U.S. Army.
FORT HOOD, Texas - A Fort Hood official confirms the soldier who killed three people and wounded 16 others bought his gun at the same nearby gun shop as the shooter convicted in the 2009 rampage on the military base.
KILLEEN, Texas - The neighbor of a man accused of killing three people before committing suicide at a Texas military base says she ran into him hours before the incident, and he seemed to be cheerful and having a good day.
TEMPLE, Texas - A hospital physician says he doesn't expect any more fatalities resulting from the shooting at Fort Hood that left three dead and wounded 16 others.
HAMILTON, Ohio - A small dog that escaped its fenced-in yard in Texas was found outside a southwest Ohio animal shelter, and its owners have no idea how he traveled more than 1,000 miles in a few days.