- Adidas, Kia don't join US brands in demanding Blatter quits Updated: Oct-03-15 7:39 am
ZURICH - Clinging to power after rebuffing resignation demands, Sepp Blatter received some respite Saturday when two sponsors declined to join four other FIFA corporate backers in demanding the president of world soccer's governing body goes before the emergency election in February.
- Swiss AG would raid Platini's office to find 'real truth' Updated: Sep-29-15 3:58 pm
ZURICH - Michel Platini is being treated as "between a witness and an accused person" and the Swiss authorities would raid the UEFA president's office if necessary to discover the "real truth," the attorney general said Tuesday.
- Allies to antagonists: Blatter and Platini await FIFA fates Updated: Sep-27-15 1:30 pm
ZURICH - Before protege turned protagonist, Michel Platini was inseparable from Sepp Blatter, as if they had a telepathic partnership on a football field.
- A quick Q&A on issues ahead for FIFA, Blatter and Platini Updated: Sep-25-15 6:21 pm
ZURICH - FIFA sank deeper into a crisis on Friday that threatened to take down the two most powerful men in world football.
- FIFA makes decisions before Blatter is interrogated Updated: Sep-25-15 11:44 am
ZURICH - Despite hastily canceling a news conference scheduled with President Sepp Blatter after the surprise arrival of Swiss federal police at its headquarters, FIFA did make some decisions during its two-day executive committee meeting that ended Friday.
- FIFA cancels scheduled Blatter news conference Updated: Sep-25-15 9:34 am
ZURICH - FIFA canceled a news conference scheduled with President Sepp Blatter without explanation on Friday, fueling the sense of turmoil surrounding football's embattled governing body.
- Zico: I want to show I'm serious about being FIFA president Updated: Sep-24-15 1:21 pm
ZURICH - Former Brazil great Zico traveled to the home of FIFA with one goal in mind: Show everyone that he is serious about his bid to lead soccer's world governing body.
- Japanese still expect FIFA's meeting to take place in Japan Updated: Sep-23-15 1:13 pm
ZURICH - The president of the Japanese football association still expects FIFA's next executive committee meeting to take place in Japan, despite a decision by soccer's ruling body to reconsider its original plan during this week's session in Zurich.
- Q&A: What's ahead for FIFA after week of turmoil Updated: Sep-18-15 1:54 pm
GENEVA - A lame duck president who can't travel freely and a top administrator suspended and placed on leave.
- Blatter rallies FIFA staff after cutting ties with Valcke Updated: Sep-18-15 12:09 pm
GENEVA - Sepp Blatter tried to rally the troops at FIFA headquarters after the suspension of his top deputy, insisting soccer's embattled world governing body would withstand the latest wave of corruption allegations.
- Numbers stack up in American, Swiss FIFA corruption cases Updated: Sep-14-15 4:14 pm
ZURICH - Four months after stunning arrests and raids rocked FIFA, there could yet be four years until the final criminal trial is heard.
- Lynch: more arrests expected in FIFA corruption probe Updated: Sep-14-15 1:07 pm
ZURICH - FIFA and embattled President Sepp Blatter faced more pressure on Monday as U.S. Attorney General Loretta Lynch warned of new indictments in a widening investigation of corruption in international soccer.
- Ex FIFA adviser: Blatter faces scrutiny for TV rights deal Updated: Sep-14-15 6:55 am
ZURICH - FIFA President Sepp Blatter should face a criminal investigation for selling under-valued World Cup television rights to Jack Warner, the governing body's former anti-corruption adviser said Monday.
- Merritt beats world champion Van Niekerk to win 400 Updated: Sep-03-15 4:51 pm
ZURICH - LaShawn Merritt edged a thrilling finish in the 400 meters at the Weltklasse Zurich Diamond League meet on Thursday, earning partial revenge for losing to Wayde van Niekerk at the world championships last month.