- David Rudisha to race against the clock in 800m in Zurich Updated: Sep-02-15 1:02 pm
ZURICH - After announcing his return to the top with a second world championship title in Beijing last month, 800-meter world record holder David Rudisha is aiming to run even faster at the Weltklasse Zurich meet on Thursday.
- US, Swiss federal prosecutors to give update on FIFA cases Updated: Sep-01-15 12:51 pm
GENEVA - The American prosecutor who launched the bribery case that rocked FIFA is stepping on Sepp Blatter's home turf.
- US blocks Nicaragua bid to extradite FIFA case suspect Updated: Aug-27-15 11:51 am
BERN, Switzerland - The United States has blocked Nicaragua's attempt to extradite FIFA bribery case suspect Julio Rocha to his home country.
- Russia fined for snubbing Canada's anthem at hockey worlds Updated: Aug-24-15 10:52 am
ZURICH - The Russian Hockey Federation was fined Monday over the national team snubbing Canada's victory celebrations after the world championship final.
- Top draft prospect Matthews headed to Switzerland Updated: Aug-14-15 5:33 pm
MONTREAL - The idea to play pro hockey with the Zurich Lions was sparked in April when Auston Matthews led the U.S. team to a gold medal in the world under-18 championship.
- FIFA picks Olympic veteran Carrard to lead reform task force Updated: Aug-11-15 12:06 pm
GENEVA - FIFA has turned to Francois Carrard, who helped oversee cleaning up the IOC after the Salt Lake City bidding scandal, to chair a group leading reforms of football's corruption-hit governing body.
- Prince Ali: FIFA cannot be credible while Blatter leads Updated: Aug-10-15 12:02 pm
GENEVA - FIFA cannot make credible changes in the last months of Sepp Blatter's leadership of the scandal-hit body, former presidential candidate Prince Ali bin al-Hussein said Monday.
- African football won't support Bility's FIFA president bid Updated: Aug-06-15 9:48 am
GENEVA - FIFA presidential hopeful Musa Bility of Liberia has failed to get the support of his fellow African football leaders.
- Swiss customs seize 578 pounds of ivory en route to China Updated: Aug-04-15 9:41 am
BERLIN - Customs officials at Zurich airport have seized 262 kilograms (578 pounds) of ivory that three Chinese men had dispatched from Tanzania, contraband that may have come from up to 50 elephants, Swiss authorities said Tuesday.