- Nonprofit: $50K goal met in initial funding for footbridge Updated: May-21-15 3:41 pm
DAVENPORT, Iowa - Organizers of an effort to build a bridge designed to look like one that once spanned the Mississippi River say they have succeed in obtaining initial funding.
- 18-year-old faces felony charge in Iowa stabbing Updated: May-20-15 6:38 pm
DAVENPORT, Iowa - An 18-year-old faces a felony charge after authorities in eastern Iowa say he stabbed a high school student in April.
- Peregrine falcon atop Davenport building new in town Updated: May-16-15 1:38 pm
DAVENPORT, Iowa - Officials in eastern Iowa say there's a new falcon in Davenport.
- Davenport settles with more homeowners after sewage lawsuit Updated: May-15-15 3:56 pm
DAVENPORT, Iowa - The city of Davenport has reached settlements with more residents who sued after raw sewage backed up in their basements in 2013.
- Iowa woman pleads guilty to leaving child with sex offender Updated: May-14-15 12:43 pm
DAVENPORT, Iowa - A Davenport woman has pleaded guilty to allowing a child to spend the night with a registered sex offender in connection with sex abuse investigation linked to an Iowa mobile home community.
- Union Arcade holds onto history in new life as apartments Updated: May-10-15 11:19 am
DAVENPORT, Iowa - The year is 1915. Woodrow Wilson is president. Alexander Graham Bell and Thomas Watson make the first transcontinental telephone call. Thomas Edison invents the telescribe to record telephone messages. Ford rolls its 1 millionth car off the assembly line.
- 3 eastern Iowa mayors consider forming new school district Updated: May-08-15 3:47 pm
DAVENPORT, Iowa - Three eastern Iowa mayors are considering cutting ties with the Davenport Community School District and forming their own.
- Falcons nesting in downtown Davenport await hatching Updated: May-08-15 12:23 pm
DAVENPORT, Iowa - A pair of peregrine falcons nesting outside of a downtown Davenport high-rise building is expecting their chicks to hatch any day.
- Closure of eastern Iowa mobile home park worries residents Updated: May-05-15 3:04 pm
DAVENPORT, Iowa - The closure of an eastern Iowa mobile home park this summer is causing worry among residents who aren't sure where they'll live next.
- Another buyer sought for historic Davenport house Updated: May-04-15 10:53 am
DAVENPORT, Iowa - Another buyer is being sought to rehabilitate a historic home near Davenport Central High School, because the first deal fell through.
- EXCHANGE: Soothing artwork adds to healing at hospital Updated: May-04-15 8:17 am
ROCK ISLAND, Illinois - A hospital is stressful for patients and staff. But artwork from 20 area artists in the new UnityPoint Health-Trinity addition is aimed to promote peace, comfort and recovery.
- Scott County reserves undergo rigorous training Updated: May-02-15 11:05 am
DAVENPORT, Iowa - Scott County Sheriff's Reserves undergo rigorous training, continued instruction and work in all kinds of weather - all for $1 a year. Reserve deputies perform the same duty role as a deputy, "just not on an ongoing basis," said Lt. Bryce Schmidt, reserve coordinator and supervisor for the Scott County Sheriff's Office.
- Man who placed cameras in restroom sentenced to prison Updated: May-01-15 5:28 pm
DAVENPORT, Iowa - A Davenport man has been sentenced to 30 years in prison after pleading guilty to child pornography charges related to cameras installed in a girls restroom.
- Cat hoarding worsens kitten crisis in Davenport Updated: Apr-30-15 5:44 pm
DAVENPORT, Iowa - A kitten crisis facing already-full animal shelters in Davenport likely will get worse due to cat-hoarding residents who are being displaced from their homes, according to a local shelter director.
- Davenport man gets 10 years in care facility sex abuse case Updated: Apr-30-15 1:52 pm
DAVENPORT, Iowa - A Davenport has been sentenced to up to 10 years in prison after pleading guilty to sexually abusing a mentally disabled person at a residential care facility.
- Donald Trump talks economy with Republicans in Davenport Updated: Apr-30-15 1:38 pm
DAVENPORT, Iowa - Donald Trump didn't say whether he'll run for president when he spoke to Republicans in Davenport, but he told them how he'd tackle the nation's problems if he were in charge.
- Davenport's downtown continues to draw new residents Updated: Apr-26-15 11:40 am
DAVENPORT, Iowa - Downtown Davenport continues to be a popular place to call home.