- Amos Lynch Sr., a founder of black newspapers, remembered Updated: Aug-02-15 1:20 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Family and friends have said their goodbyes to a journalist known as the "godfather" in Columbus' black community.
- Newspaper: Police mostly side with officers on use of force Updated: Aug-02-15 1:08 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - A newspaper review of law enforcement agencies across central Ohio found that officers were almost always found to be justified in more than 3,000 use-of-force incidents occurring over a four-year period.
- Joe Holbrook, 42-year weatherman in Columbus, dies at 87 Updated: Aug-02-15 10:52 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Joe Holbrook, who spent 42 years reporting the weather to Columbus residents for WBNS-TV, has died at 87.
- Former Ohio worker used database to look up people in news Updated: Aug-02-15 5:04 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The Ohio inspector general's office says a former state supervisor was improperly accessing a database to look up people's personal information.
- OSU students work with street luger, trying to break record Updated: Aug-01-15 2:10 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - A professional street luger from Columbus is enlisting the help of five Ohio State University students to help him break a world record.
- California relative charged in Ohio girl's drowning death Updated: Aug-01-15 11:34 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Authorities say criminal charges have been filed in the death of a 7-year-old Columbus girl who drowned while visiting her grandparents in California.
- Families struggle 10 years after Ohio Marines killed in Iraq Updated: Aug-01-15 11:07 am
CINCINNATI - Some people look surprised and tell him they just can't believe it's been 10 years already. For Keith Wightman, time hasn't passed quickly at all.
- Suburban Columbus theater designated as historic place Updated: Aug-01-15 9:55 am
BEXLEY, Ohio - The Drexel Theatre, a 1937 Art Deco cinema located just outside Columbus, has been added to the National Register of Historic Places.
- Ohio man sentenced for creating child pornography Updated: Aug-01-15 6:34 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - A 34-year-old central Ohio man has been sentenced to 18 years in prison for photographing his sexual abuse of a young child.
- Demolition plan OK'd in southern Ohio uranium plant cleanup Updated: Jul-31-15 12:09 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - State and federal agencies have agreed on a plan for demolishing huge buildings and other facilities from a Cold War-era uranium plant in southern Ohio.
- Ohio pizza deliveryman killed en route to vacant property Updated: Jul-31-15 9:53 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Police in Ohio say a pizza deliveryman has been robbed and shot to death while taking an order to a property that turned out to be vacant.
- Ohio State Fair breaks opening day attendance record Updated: Jul-31-15 3:10 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The Ohio State Fair had a record-breaking opening day.
- Presidential hopeful Kasich says running Ohio still priority Updated: Jul-29-15 4:19 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohio Gov. John Kasich said running the state remains his top priority even as he campaigns elsewhere for the Republican presidential nomination.
- Ohio board working on statewide deadly force standards Updated: Jul-29-15 12:31 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohio's public safety director says incidents such as the fatal shooting of an unarmed motorist by a University of Cincinnati police officer underscores the need for strong relationships between police departments and the communities they serve.
- Man says he petted zoo cougars after calling 'Here, kitty' Updated: Jul-29-15 11:59 am
DELAWARE, Ohio - A man who jumped a fence to pet cougars at the Columbus zoo and posted video of it on YouTube says he jokingly called "Here, kitty" and moved closer when the animals seemed to respond.
- Correction: Renewable Energy Targets story Updated: Jul-29-15 10:08 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - In a story July 25 about the debate over Ohio's alternative energy targets, The Associated Press misstated the title of Greg Lawson. He is a Statehouse liaison and policy analyst for the Buckeye Institute for Public Policy Solutions, not its lobbyist.
- Ohio State coach Meyer, mascot celebrated in butter at fair Updated: Jul-28-15 11:40 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Winning another national championship has made Urban Meyer a butter man.
- Ohio Homeland Security leader Baron dies after illness Updated: Jul-28-15 4:16 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The state Department of Public Safety says Ohio's homeland security chief, Richard Baron, has died after an illness.
- Columbus man crashes car into condo complex after shooting Updated: Jul-28-15 6:40 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Police say a Columbus man crashed his car into a condo complex after being shot, then collapsed on a nearby porch.
- Police training to include how to handle human trafficking Updated: Jul-27-15 6:34 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Newly required training hours for Ohio police officers will include the basics of how to recognize and handle human trafficking cases, Attorney General Mike DeWine said Monday.
- Ohio's infant mortality rate sees slight drop, tops nation's Updated: Jul-27-15 11:52 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohio's infant mortality rate declined slightly in 2013, though it continues to far exceed the national average, according to state health data released Monday.
- 2 killed in separate Ohio motorcycle accidents Updated: Jul-26-15 11:01 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Two motorcyclists have been killed in separate weekend accidents in Ohio.
- Toronto FC erases 3-goal deficit in 3-3 draw with Crew Updated: Jul-25-15 10:00 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Jozy Altidore drew a penalty in the box and converted it from the spot in the 89th minute to complete Toronto FC's three-goal rally for a 3-3 draw with Columbus Crew SC on Saturday night.
- Tax revenue from Ohio casinos down slightly in 2nd quarter Updated: Jul-25-15 6:34 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - New figures from the state show that Ohio's four casinos produced about 7 percent less tax revenue in the second quarter of this year.
- Indians recall 1B/DH Jesus Aguilar Updated: Jul-24-15 3:59 pm
CLEVELAND - The Indians have recalled slugger Jesus Aguilar from Triple-A Columbus.