- Ohio sends seized tigers, big cats out of state Updated: Sep-01-15 8:08 pm
TOLEDO, Ohio - Six tigers and four other exotic animals seized by Ohio officials from their owner in January have been moved from a temporary holding facility to animal sanctuaries in three other states, the Ohio Department of Agriculture said Tuesday.
- Man faces long prison sentence for abduction, rape of girl Updated: Sep-01-15 3:48 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - A 56-year-old man faces a possible life prison sentence after being convicted of snatching a 12-year-old Columbus girl from a park and raping her.
- Man charged in 4 slayings at Ohio home set for arraignment Updated: Aug-31-15 10:25 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - A man charged in the slayings of four people at an Ohio home is set to be arraigned.
- Police: Minor injuries in Ohio building's partial collapse Updated: Aug-30-15 5:59 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Police say part of a two-story building collapsed the central Ohio village of West Jefferson, sending at least one person to the hospital with minor injuries.
- Navy veteran to address Ohio women veterans conference Updated: Aug-30-15 9:40 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - A U.S. Navy combat veteran will give the keynote speech at Ohio's conference for women veterans to be held in Columbus.
- Ministers: Second calling sometimes leads to clergy career Updated: Aug-30-15 9:40 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - One of the Rev. Jay Anderson's most vivid childhood memories involves lining up his stuffed animals on the family couch before tipping an ottoman on its side as a makeshift altar and preaching to the fluffy faithful.
- Helmet heist doesn't stop Ohio team from taking the field Updated: Aug-29-15 12:17 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The high school football season has kicked off around Ohio. But for one team in Columbus, just getting on the field for its season opener proved to be quite a feat.
- Photos help connect pets up for adoption with new owners Updated: Aug-29-15 10:52 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - When Susan Frazier decided to adopt a dog last year, she hopped online and started browsing the websites of central Ohio animal groups.
- Seminar seeks Ohioans who want to make money with legal pot Updated: Aug-29-15 7:34 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Entrepreneurs and others who want to get involved in the industry if marijuana is legalized in Ohio are gathering for a weekend seminar in Columbus.
- Ohio State University trustees approve $4.4 billion budget Updated: Aug-28-15 6:28 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohio State University trustees have approved a $5.5 billion annual budget and authorized new construction projects that include a new student-athlete development center and multi-sport arena.
- Ex-deputy treasurer who fled to Pakistan heads to US prison Updated: Aug-28-15 5:31 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - A former Ohio deputy treasurer who fled to Pakistan in the face of a 15-year prison sentence for a kickback scheme delivered a public apology before a federal judge on Friday and was sent to begin his time in U.S. prison.
- Big Lots 2Q results top Street, lifts full-year guidance Updated: Aug-28-15 1:28 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Big Lots' fiscal second-quarter results beat analysts' estimates and the discount retailer boosted its full-year earnings outlook.
- Court: Mom can't see records of child's abuse investigation Updated: Aug-28-15 3:49 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The Ohio Supreme Court has blocked a mother's efforts to inspect children's services agency records regarding an abuse investigation focusing on her daughter.
- Ohio man won't serve prison time for helping dump body Updated: Aug-28-15 3:22 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - A man has been resentenced to probation after an appeals court in central Ohio overturned the prison term he was given after helping dump the body of a woman in a ditch after she died of a heroin overdose.
- US senator: Cultural change needed to stop human trafficking Updated: Aug-27-15 2:50 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - While laws are changing to reflect the reality that child prostitutes are victims, cultural attitudes also need to change, U.S. Sen. Rob Portman said Thursday after hearing from experts and a survivor of child trafficking.
- Ohio prison system announces inmate job training program Updated: Aug-27-15 3:08 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The Ohio prison system is announcing a private sector partnership that will provide job training to inmates before and after release.
- Express tops Street 2Q forecasts, hikes 2015 outlook Updated: Aug-26-15 11:37 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Shares of Express soared Wednesday after the clothing and accessories chain hiked its 2015 forecast while also reporting net income that nearly tripled in its fiscal second quarter.
- Bill would let Ohioans with drug convictions keep license Updated: Aug-26-15 10:05 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Legislation that would make a driver's license suspension discretionary rather than mandatory for non-driving drug convictions has been introduced in the Ohio Senate.
- Police say man fatally shot found in yard in central Ohio Updated: Aug-26-15 6:52 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Police say a man fatally shot was found in a yard in central Ohio with several gunshot wounds.
- Ohio couple sentenced in sports drink investment scheme Updated: Aug-26-15 3:08 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - A husband and wife convicted for their roles in a sports drink fraud scheme have each received federal prison sentences.
- DSW drops to annual low on disappointing 2Q sales Updated: Aug-25-15 11:55 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Shares of DSW skidded in midday trading Tuesday after the footwear and accessories retailer's second-quarter sales disappointed Wall Street.
- Ohio man gets 20 years in death of girlfriend's daughter Updated: Aug-25-15 10:50 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Court officials say an Ohio man convicted in the 2013 beating death of his girlfriend's 4-year-old daughter has been sentenced to 20 years in prison.
- Suburban Columbus massage parlor owners convicted Updated: Aug-25-15 3:52 am
DELAWARE, Ohio - Officials say two Chinese nationals were found guilty of promoting prostitution and organized crime at three suburban Columbus massage parlors.
- Former Beatle McCartney announces fall concert in Columbus Updated: Aug-25-15 3:09 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Paul McCartney is planning a stop in Columbus in October, his first concert in Ohio's capital city in a decade.
- Attempted murder, rape warrants issued for man after arrest Updated: Aug-24-15 7:16 pm
CINCINNATI - A man arrested in Ohio on suspicion of stabbing his brother and raping a woman is wanted in Massachusetts on charges including attempted murder, rape, assault, and kidnapping, authorities said Monday.