- Husted asks court to enforce subpoenas in pot issue probe Updated: Oct-06-15 6:12 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohio's elections chief is asking a court to enforce subpoenas issued in his probe into ballot signatures gathered by a group supporting a marijuana legalization initiative.
- Former attorney who admitted to theft found dead in home Updated: Oct-06-15 12:10 pm
UPPER ARLINGTON, Ohio - Officials say a former central Ohio lawyer who pleaded guilty to stealing from four of his wards and taxpayers while serving as a court-appointed guardian has been found dead in his home.
- Inmates help other prisoners face death in hospice program Updated: Oct-06-15 11:44 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - As late-morning sun streams through narrow prison windows, convicted killer Scott Abram stands beside a fellow inmate, speaks quietly to him and starts singing "Amazing Grace." The prisoner appears to smile, but it's difficult to gauge his response. He is dying.
- Ohio animal sanctuary owner surrenders 5 tigers to state Updated: Oct-05-15 3:54 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - A man who kept five tigers at his Ohio animal sanctuary surrendered them to the state Monday after failing to meet tightened requirements for ownership of dangerous wild creatures.
- New trial date for Ohio man accused of plotting US attack Updated: Oct-05-15 3:43 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - A new trial date has been set for an Ohio man charged with plotting a U.S. attack after receiving overseas training.
- Punitive damages possible in suit against DuPont over cancer Updated: Oct-02-15 4:01 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - A federal judge on Thursday ruled against a motion by DuPont and said punitive damages were possible for an Ohio woman who says she got kidney cancer after drinking water contaminated by a chemical discharged from a company plant.
- Lobbyist agrees to plead guilty in traffic-cameras scandal Updated: Oct-02-15 2:18 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - An Ohio lobbyist has agreed to plead guilty to extortion in a scandal involving the bribery of Columbus public officials by a traffic-camera company trying to keep its contracts with the city.
- Third person sentenced in sports drink investment scheme Updated: Oct-02-15 3:15 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - A third person has been sentenced to federal prison in an Ohio-based sports-drink fraud scheme.
- Correction: Criminal Records-Hiring story Updated: Oct-01-15 5:36 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - In a story Sept. 30 about criminal background checks, The Associated Press erroneously reported details of a bill approved by the Ohio House. The bill would prohibit a public employer from asking about an applicant's criminal history on an application, not prohibit public employers from inquiring about an applicant's criminal history until the person has been selected for the position and an offer is about to be made. The bill also would not require public employers to consider several factors before rejecting applicants because of their criminal histories.
- Seattle teacher accused of sexual misconduct in Ohio fired Updated: Oct-01-15 5:43 am
SEATTLE - A teacher at Seattle's prestigious Lakeside School has been fired after he was accused of sexual misconduct with a minor in another state.
- Police: Teen in critical condition after he was hit by SUV Updated: Oct-01-15 3:30 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Columbus police say a teenage boy is in critical condition after he was struck by a sport utility vehicle.
- Panel seeks to extend freeze on Ohio green energy targets Updated: Sep-30-15 5:19 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Government requirements for the use of solar, wind and other forms of renewable energy by Ohio power companies would be suspended indefinitely under recommendations released Wednesday by a legislative panel.
- Polish painting looted by Nazis is found in Ohio, returned Updated: Sep-30-15 12:16 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - An Ohio man said he had no idea an 18th-century painting hanging in his home for over 20 years had been looted from a Polish museum by the Nazis during World War II.
- Akron Buchtel players opt to punish themselves for penalties Updated: Sep-30-15 12:03 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Football coaches know the discipline they preach so often is vital to success.
- Passenger shot during pizza delivery near Ohio State campus Updated: Sep-30-15 8:19 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Columbus police say a woman riding with a pizza deliverer was hit in the back by gunfire during a delivery at what turned out to be a vacant home blocks from the Ohio State University campus.
- Woman pleads guilty in fatal wrong-way car crash Updated: Sep-30-15 2:56 am
LONDON, Ohio - An Ohio woman who authorities say crashed head-on into another car, killing a Columbus woman, has pleaded guilty to aggravated vehicular homicide.
- Ohio Senate considers statewide ride-sharing regulations Updated: Sep-29-15 12:27 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The Ohio Senate is considering a bill that would create one set of statewide regulations for ride-sharing services such as Uber and Lyft.
- Man dies in apparent drowning at central Ohio pond Updated: Sep-29-15 12:20 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Police say a man apparently drowned while swimming in a pond at a central Ohio apartment complex.
- Not guilty plea in case of toddler's heroin ingestion death Updated: Sep-28-15 4:35 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - An Ohio mother has pleaded not guilty to charges of involuntary manslaughter and child endangering after authorities said her young daughter died from ingesting heroin.
- FBI announces return of painting looted by Nazis to Poland Updated: Sep-28-15 3:18 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The FBI has announced the return of a Polish painting believed looted by the Nazis during World War II to the government of Poland.
- Ohio University partners with Columbus community college Updated: Sep-27-15 12:54 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohio University is partnering with a Columbus community college to expand degree offerings in central Ohio.
- Ohio State faculty seek to educate about animals on campus Updated: Sep-27-15 9:23 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - As Ohio State University students travel through campus on the way to classes, football games or other events, they most likely are unaware that they are following in the footsteps- or paw prints, slither trails and flight paths -of any number of creatures.
- Adi scores twice, Timbers beat Crew 2-1 Updated: Sep-26-15 9:58 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Fanendo Adi gave Portland an early second-half lead with his second goal of the game and the Timbers held on to beat the Columbus Crew 2-1 on Saturday night.
- Inmate charged with sending suspicious powder to TV stations Updated: Sep-26-15 6:11 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - A central Ohio grand jury has indicted an Ohio prison inmate on charges he sent white powder purported to be anthrax in letters to TV stations and a state agency.
- Ohio again sees new record number of drug overdose deaths Updated: Sep-24-15 5:04 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - A record number of Ohioans died from drug overdoses last year thanks in part to abuse of a synthetic painkiller far more powerful than heroin, the Department of Health said Thursday.