- 9 to be inducted into Ohio Senior Citizens Hall of Fame Updated: May-25-15 3:05 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Nine Ohioans will be inducted into the Ohio Senior Citizens Hall of Fame in a ceremony in Columbus.
- Jeni's scoop shops reopen after listeria-related shutdown Updated: May-23-15 6:26 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohio-based Jeni's Splendid Ice Creams has reopened nearly all its scoop shops after a monthlong shutdown triggered by the discovery of listeria in some pints.
- Johnson scores late goal, Fire tie Crew 2-2 Updated: May-22-15 10:24 pm
- Attorney for accused Ohio terrorist asks for delay in trial Updated: May-22-15 3:49 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The attorney for an Ohio man charged with plotting a U.S. terror attack has asked that next month's trial be delayed.
- Central Ohio man sentenced to 95 years in torture case Updated: May-22-15 3:19 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - A judge has sentenced an Ohio man to 95 years in prison in the kidnapping and torture of three people two years ago.
- Salazar, Indians power past White Sox 5-2 Updated: May-22-15 12:33 am
CHICAGO - Strong pitching and some early power at the plate gave the Cleveland Indians their first three-game winning streak of the season.
- Court: Private college police subject to open records law Updated: May-21-15 8:58 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Private colleges' police departments are subject to the state open records law, a divided state Supreme Court ruled Thursday in a case involving a lawsuit brought by a student journalist.
- Listeria: FDA finds problems at Ohio ice cream plant Updated: May-21-15 6:12 pm
WASHINGTON - A government investigation of Ohio-based Jeni's Splendid Ice Creams found inadequate testing and cleaning in its Columbus plant that had become contaminated with listeria.
- Ohio proposal would permit barricade devices in schools Updated: May-20-15 3:14 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - A bill that could make it easier for schools to install barricade devices on doors in emergencies has cleared an Ohio House committee.
- Blue Jackets tap Nick Foligno as first captain in 3 years Updated: May-20-15 1:03 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Like father, like son: Nick Foligno now is an NHL captain just like his dad was.
- Ohio college to use $1.4M grant to assist displaced workers Updated: May-19-15 3:06 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - A central Ohio community college says it will offer short-term courses for underemployed and displaced workers focused on logistics, transportation and customer service.
- Blue Jackets assistant GM leaving for job with Colorado Updated: May-18-15 4:44 pm
- Police: Man killed in crash hours after celebrating birthday Updated: May-18-15 2:11 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Officials say a man died after crashing into a pole in Columbus just hours after celebrating his birthday.
- Study: mentally ill inmates stay longer in central Ohio jail Updated: May-17-15 10:58 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Mentally-ill inmates at central Ohio's biggest jail stay longer, return more frequently and often aren't connected with the treatment they need after they leave, according to a new report.
- Ohio cases highlight challenges in domestic terror probes Updated: May-16-15 11:31 am
CINCINNATI - The father of one of the men described him as a stay-at-home "Mommy's boy," while the other young man's attorney said he was "a normal 23-year-old kid."
- Connecticut couple dances together on PBS ballroom series Updated: May-16-15 3:08 am
STAMFORD, Connecticut - Long before they were married, Shane and Shannon Jensen had a lot in common.
- Fire officials: huge Ohio blaze caused by smoking materials Updated: May-15-15 2:25 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Investigators say a massive fire at a recycling facility in Columbus was caused by improperly discarded smoking materials.
- Mayor: Columbus will consider using body cameras for police Updated: May-15-15 6:46 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - City officials are exploring the use of body cameras for Columbus officers in an attempt to strengthen the bond between police and the community.
- Jeni's resumes ice-cream making after cleaning since recall Updated: May-14-15 5:25 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohio-based Jeni's Splendid Ice Creams says it has restarted production after a massive recall triggered by the discovery of listeria in some pints.
- Ohio State band instructor pleads not guilty in rape case Updated: May-13-15 3:30 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - A drum major instructor for Ohio State University's marching band has pleaded not guilty to sexually assaulting a female student.
- Crew, defender Hernan Grana mutually agree to part ways Updated: May-12-15 4:51 pm
- Ohio settles lawsuit involving dropped Medicaid recipients Updated: May-12-15 12:44 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - About 154,000 Ohio residents will have their Medicaid health benefits restored and their eligibility for the program rechecked as part of a settlement reached in a lawsuit against the state, the state's Department of Medicaid said Tuesday.
- Demolition set to begin at 2 state fairground buildings Updated: May-11-15 11:59 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Demolition will start this week to make way for a 100,000-square-foot multipurpose center at the state fairgrounds in Columbus.
- Fewer Ohio college students enrolling in humanities Updated: May-10-15 6:34 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Federal data show fewer students have been enrolling in humanities majors at Ohio colleges as science and business programs have increased in popularity.
- Man killed in 2-car crash in Ohio that injures 2 women Updated: May-10-15 4:17 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - A man was killed and two women were injured in a two-car crash in central Ohio.