- Manufacturers give Hastings students early exposure to work Updated: Oct-11-15 11:27 am
HASTINGS, Nebraska - Bob Wilson is jealous of the opportunities available to today's high school students.
- Central Nebraska cities stress their collaborative nature Updated: Sep-30-15 2:49 pm
GRAND ISLAND, Nebraska - Three communities in central Nebraska are coming together in an effort to serve and retain residents in the area.
- UNL tries to help farmers plan for climate change Updated: Sep-20-15 4:58 pm
HASTINGS, Nebraska - Experts from the University of Nebraska-Lincoln are trying to help farmers prepare for the possibility of prolonged dry weather and more severe storms without focusing on the climate change that might be causing them.
- Research turns up artist who painted Hastings murals Updated: Sep-20-15 10:47 am
HASTINGS, Nebraska - When the series of murals painted for the Clarke Hotel more than 100 years ago were restored in 1988 by area artists prior to its reopening as the Kensington Assisted Living facility, the identity of the artist who painted them had been somewhat obscured. Until now.
- 23-year-old man died in collision, Hastings police say Updated: Sep-18-15 6:21 am
HASTINGS, Nebraska - A 23-year-old man has been killed in a collision on a residential street in Hastings.
- Nebraskan takes plea deal in knifing of friend during fight Updated: Sep-15-15 9:00 am
HASTINGS, Nebraska - A 27-year-old man is scheduled to be sentenced in November after taking a plea deal in the knifing of a friend.
- AP Nebraska high school football rankings Updated: Sep-15-15 7:31 am
The Associated Press Nebraska high school football rankings in Classes A through D-2. Listings include name of school, season record, previous week's ranking, previous week's result and this week's opponent. The rankings are based on a formula that includes ratings from the Omaha World-Herald and Lincoln Journal Star plus experts for each class. Class A: Dale Miller, Grand Island Independent. Class B: Jeff Fielder, Scottsbluff Star-Herald. Class C1: Tom Behmer, Norfolk Daily News. Class C2: Brent Wasinius, Fremont Tribune. Class D1: Andrew Bottrell, North Platte Telegraph. Class D2: Nick Blasnitz, Hastings Tribune.