- Reward offered for missing endangered Illinois turtle Updated: Jul-28-15 11:02 am
DEKALB, Illinois - A local attorney is offering a $250 reward for a male Blanding's turtle that scientists with Northern Illinois University have been tracking for about two years.
- Precautionary boil water advisory lifted in DeKalb County Updated: Jul-27-15 8:52 pm
DECATUR, Georgia - DeKalb County officials have lifted a precautionary boil water advisory that was issued over the weekend.
- Hundreds of NIU employees want to join state worker union Updated: Jul-26-15 2:56 pm
DEKALB, Illinois - Nearly 650 workers at Northern Illinois University have signed a petition and filed it with the state labor board asking to organize under the American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees union.
- EXCHANGE: Farmer markets give restaurants local food source Updated: Jul-24-15 8:55 am
DEKALB, Illinois - Area farmers markets once again have opened for the season, and for local chef Chad Warbort, that means an opportunity to look for new ingredients to sell at his restaurant, Tapa La Luna, at 226 E. Lincoln Highway in downtown DeKalb.
- EXCHANGE: Kids observe, experiment with DeKalb scientist Updated: Jul-23-15 5:55 pm
DEKALB, Illinois - "Whoa. He's magic," Camp Power kids said when David Castro turned clear water red right before their eyes during a chemical-based science experiment.
- Judge dismisses Northern Illinois University civil lawsuit Updated: Jul-23-15 3:46 pm
DEKALB, Illinois - A federal judge has ruled that the civil rights of a former Northern Illinois University police officer accused of raping a student weren't violated by three other officers who he accused of mishandling evidence in the case.
- Illinois budget impasse means work stops on NIU building Updated: Jul-22-15 8:57 am
DEKALB, Illinois - The state's budget troubles mean construction has stopped on a $27.4 million classroom building at Northern Illinois University.
- New legislation clarifies Illinois' concealed-carry law Updated: Jul-20-15 2:25 pm
DEKALB, Illinois - Legislation took effect earlier this month to clarify ambiguities in Illinois' concealed-carry law, focusing on areas including privacy, mental illness and dealing with law enforcement.
- EXCHANGE: Class of 1945 still reuniting 70 years later Updated: Jul-19-15 12:04 pm
SYCAMORE, Illinois - The Sycamore Cafe bustled with its usual breakfast business - but one table in the DeKalb Avenue restaurant resembled a Sycamore High School lunch table - circa the 1940s.
- DeKalb County CEO ordered to serve 18 months behind bars Updated: Jul-08-15 12:19 pm
DECATUR, Georgia - Burrell Ellis, the suspended DeKalb County chief executive, was ordered Wednesday to serve 18 months of a 5-year sentence for his conviction on charges of perjury and attempted theft by extortion.
- DeKalb police investigate after man shot while walking Updated: Jul-02-15 6:29 am
STONE MOUNTAIN, Georgia - DeKalb County police are investigating after a man was shot while walking with a woman and a child.