- Germany picks Liverpool's Emre Can for Euro qualifiers Updated: Aug-28-15 9:09 am
FRANKFURT, Germany - Germany coach Joachim Loew called up Liverpool midfielder Emre Can on Friday for the upcoming European Championship qualifying matches against Poland and Scotland.
- Probe seeks apology to survivors of sex abuse in Scotland Updated: Aug-18-15 11:34 am
LONDON - An independent commission is urging the Roman Catholic Church in Scotland to offer an unequivocal apology to victims of sex abuse.
- Sweden suspects meningitis outbreak at scout camp in Japan Updated: Aug-18-15 12:04 am
STOCKHOLM - Sweden's health authority is urging nearly 2,000 scouts returning from a gathering in Japan to get medical treatment after a suspected outbreak of meningitis.
- Mikulak grabs 3rd straight US gymnastics national title Updated: Aug-16-15 10:17 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Sam Mikulak felt his hands slip off the high bar and knew trouble was coming. A split second later the best male gymnast in America found himself face down on the mat. What better time for a little internal pep talk?
- Hearts goes top of Scottish league as Celtic draws Updated: Aug-12-15 5:48 pm
GLASGOW, Scotland - Hearts went top of the Scottish league on Wednesday after Celtic conceded a late penalty in a 2-2 draw against Kilmarnock.
- Glasgow arena to host Britain-Australia Davis Cup semifinal Updated: Aug-12-15 6:48 am
GLASGOW, Scotland - The Emirates Arena in Glasgow will host next month's Davis Cup semifinal between Britain and Australia.
- Massachusetts man sentenced in poisoning of classmate Updated: Aug-05-15 5:13 am
PRINCETON, Massachusetts - A Massachusetts man who pleaded guilty to poisoning a classmate while attending school in Scotland has been sentenced to three years in prison.
- UK state raises $3.3 billion from first sale of RBS stake Updated: Aug-04-15 4:17 am
LONDON - The U.K. government said Tuesday it sold 5.4 percent of taxpayer-owned Royal Bank of Scotland for 2.1 billion pounds ($3.3 billion) as it begins to shed a majority stake acquired at the height of the financial crisis in 2008.
- Roope Kakko wins Madeira Islands Open by 3 strokes Updated: Aug-02-15 4:15 pm
SANTO DA SERRA, Madeira Islands - Roope Kakko earned his first European Tour victory Sunday after shooting a flawless 9-under 63 to win the Madeira Islands Open by three strokes.