- Former leader of Scotland to give speech at UA Updated: Mar-07-14 3:08 am
- Salmond: Independent Scotland would not be foreign Updated: Mar-04-14 6:11 pm
- Film star Sean Connery urges Scots to leave UK Updated: Mar-02-14 7:37 am
- Celtic 21 points clear in Scotland after rout Updated: Mar-01-14 4:14 pm
- Once world's largest bank, RBS beats a retreat Updated: Feb-27-14 12:05 pm
- Financial group warns on Scottish independence Updated: Feb-27-14 8:13 am
- Spain gets nice draw for Euro 2016 qualifiers Updated: Feb-23-14 10:51 am
- Fletcher back with Scotland for Poland friendly Updated: Feb-19-14 8:20 am
- Snowden elected leader of students at UK school Updated: Feb-18-14 2:32 pm
FAYETTEVILLE, Arkansas - A former First Minister of Scotland and member of Parliament in the United Kingdom is giving a speech next week at the University of Arkansas about the role of learning in modern society.
LONDON - Scotland's leader took his call for independence to the heart of opposition territory in London on Tuesday, arguing that a separate Scotland would not be a foreign country to England.
LONDON - Film star Sean Connery is urging fellow Scots to vote for independence when a referendum is held in September.
GLASGOW, Scotland - Leigh Griffiths scored a hat trick as Celtic hit back following the first loss in its Scottish Premier League title defense with a 5-0 victory over Inverness on Saturday.
LONDON - Royal Bank of Scotland was once the biggest bank in the world. Now it's not even the biggest in Britain. And it is about to get smaller still.
LONDON - British financial group Standard Life said Thursday it is drawing contingency plans to move some of its operations out of Scotland in the event it votes for independence - a decision certain to stoke debate about the fate of business after the Sept. 18 ballot.
NICE, France - Two-time defending European champion Spain faces a seemingly comfortable road to defend its title at Euro 2016 after being drawn Sunday with Luxembourg, Macedonia, Belarus, Slovakia and Ukraine for the qualifiers.
GLASGOW, Scotland - Manchester United midfielder Darren Fletcher has been recalled by Scotland for a friendly against Poland next month after recovering from a serious illness.
LONDON - Former National Security Agency contractor Edward Snowden was elected Tuesday as the official representative of the student body at the University of Glasgow.