- Ex-priest arrested in 1960 slaying of Texas beauty queen Updated: Feb-10-16 8:24 pm
HOUSTON - For more than half a century, the unsolved killing of a young schoolteacher and beauty queen who was last seen at church haunted the Texas city of McAllen.
- The Latest: Ex-priest worked at Catholic charity in Phoenix Updated: Feb-10-16 5:31 pm
PHOENIX - The Latest on the arrest in Arizona of a former priest in the 1960 cold-case killing of a Texas schoolteacher (all times local):
- 3 ex-trucking executives in Texas get prison for $16M fraud Updated: Feb-09-16 9:40 am
HOUSTON - The former head of a South Texas trucking company must serve eight years in prison over a nearly $16 million loan scam.
- Gas blast injures 5 migrants held captive in Mexico house Updated: Feb-08-16 11:22 pm
CIUDAD VICTORIA, Mexico - A gas explosion ripped through a house where dozens of abducted migrants were being held captive in a city on the Texas border Monday, injuring five people, two of them gravely, Mexican authorities said.
- Sheriff: Texas teen kills mom, 2 neighbors, then himself Updated: Feb-07-16 6:53 pm
McALLEN, Texas - A 19-year-old killed his mother and two neighbors before turning his gun on himself in a shooting that brought SWAT and various emergency vehicles to a rural area in Texas, authorities said Sunday.
- 2 Mexican doctors accused in $5M claims fraud against Aflac Updated: Feb-03-16 12:31 pm
McALLEN, Texas - Two Mexican doctors are accused of submitting more than 50,000 bogus claims to a U.S. insurance company in a $5 million benefits scam.
- Ex-South Texas police investigator gets 7 years in drug case Updated: Jan-22-16 3:08 pm
McALLEN, Texas - A former South Texas police investigator must serve seven years in federal prison for faking law enforcement reports about smuggled cocaine.
- Texas' jobless rate rose slightly to 4.7 percent in December Updated: Jan-22-16 12:01 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - The Texas unemployment rate rose for a fourth straight month in December to reach 4.7 percent, the Texas Workforce Commission reported Friday.
- Alabama man gets nearly 27 years over meth in muffler Updated: Jan-22-16 8:50 am
McALLEN, Texas - An Alabama man must serve nearly 27 years in prison in a Texas drug smuggling case linked to 35 pounds of methamphetamine in a truck muffler.
- South Texas legislator pays $500 fine, settles ethics issue Updated: Jan-16-16 1:34 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - A legislator has paid a $500 fine to the Texas Ethics Commission for campaign reporting errors related to travel reimbursement.
- 2 South Texas school trustees plead guilty to extortion try Updated: Jan-12-16 7:20 pm
MCALLEN, Texas - Two South Texas school board members have pleaded guilty to federal extortion counts after admitting taking bribes from a school district contractor.