- Bootleg silicone injections nets woman 16 months in prison Updated: Oct-06-15 4:55 pm
MCALLEN, Texas - A South Texas woman has been sentenced to almost 1½ years in federal prison for injecting customers' buttocks with bootleg liquid silicone she had brought in from Mexico.
- 19-year-old pedestrian killed in hit-and-run in South Texas Updated: Oct-05-15 9:55 am
EDINBURG, Texas - Authorities say a 19-year-old woman walking near traffic in South Texas was killed after being struck by a pickup truck in a hit-and-run.
- Nobody hurt when commuter jet's wing touches Texas runway Updated: Sep-30-15 7:23 am
McALLEN, Texas - Officials say nobody has been hurt when the wing of an American Airlines commuter jet touched a runway during landing at a South Texas airport.
- South Texas ambulance company owner pleads guilty to fraud Updated: Sep-23-15 9:09 am
McALLEN, Texas - The owner of a South Texas ambulance company faces up to 12 years in prison for scamming the government into paying for trips that were never made.
- Texas unemployment rate slips to 4.1 percent in August Updated: Sep-18-15 11:36 am
AUSTIN, Texas - The unemployment rate for Texas slipped to 4.1 percent in August - the state's lowest jobless level since January 2001, the Texas Workforce Commission reported Friday.
- Texas A&M University to open Rio Grande Valley satellite Updated: Sep-15-15 8:57 pm
MCALLEN, Texas - The Texas A&M University System plans to open a McAllen satellite to the College Station university.
- Ohio woman accused of trying to smuggle baby to Nebraska Updated: Sep-15-15 8:26 pm
McALLEN, Texas - An Ohio teenager in a taxi has been accused of trying to smuggle a baby from Mexico through Texas and to Nebraska.