- Belgium tops FIFA ranking, Netherlands down-and-out Updated: Oct-13-15 7:12 pm
BRUSSELS - The Dutch charmed the world with their free-flowing Total Football during the 1970s. In 2015, they are just a Total Loss.
- Belgium tops Group B, FIFA ranking after 3-1 win over Israel Updated: Oct-13-15 5:31 pm
BRUSSELS - Kevin De Bruyne and Dries Mertens both scored a goal and provided an assist to help Belgium secure top spot in Group B and first place in the FIFA rankings with a 3-1 victory over Israel in their European Championship qualifier on Tuesday.
- Ireland captain O'Connell out of World Cup, test career over Updated: Oct-13-15 4:07 pm
Ireland fears were confirmed at the Rugby World Cup on Tuesday when captain Paul O'Connell's tournament and international career were ended because of a hamstring injury and flanker Sean O'Brien was suspended from the quarterfinal against Argentina.
- Mas: Getting in the All Blacks' minds holds key to RWC win Updated: Oct-13-15 10:12 am
Getting inside the minds of the All Blacks, just like four years ago, will be the key for France in the Rugby World Cup quarterfinal on Saturday.
- Rugby World Cup organizers: Show will be OK without England Updated: Oct-12-15 11:50 am
LONDON - England's failure to make the Rugby World Cup quarterfinals all of a sudden doesn't seem so bad for the people running the show.
- Japan excels but leaves Rugby World Cup; QFs as expected Updated: Oct-11-15 6:31 pm
LONDON - For all the potential for mayhem after Japan's shocking opening win over South Africa, the biggest upset in Rugby World Cup history, the quarterfinals panned out as expected with one glaring exception.
- France, All Blacks on for Cardiff reunion at Rugby World Cup Updated: Oct-11-15 4:20 pm
CARDIFF, Wales - New Zealand vs. France in the Rugby World Cup quarterfinals at Cardiff's Millennium Stadium on a Saturday night.
- Ireland beats France 24-9, avoids All Blacks in RWC quarters Updated: Oct-11-15 3:47 pm
CARDIFF, Wales - Ireland avoided a Rugby World Cup quarterfinal against the defending champion All Blacks by beating France 24-9 to secure first place in Pool D on Sunday - but an impressive victory came at a cost for the Six Nations champions.
- England crushes Uruguay before inquest into RWC failure Updated: Oct-10-15 6:23 pm
MANCHESTER, England - England thrashed Uruguay 60-3 in its last Rugby World Cup pool match on Saturday, ending an otherwise miserable campaign that raised questions about its ability to compete at the highest level.
- Undermanned Australia holds off Wales to top Pool A at RWC Updated: Oct-10-15 4:13 pm
LONDON - In describing Australia's success in shutting out Wales while playing with 13 men, the Wales captain and coach didn't hold back. They used words such as "courageous" and "heroic."
- Japan aims to continue incredible RWC journey into last 8 Updated: Oct-09-15 5:46 pm
LONDON - With every match on Japan's Rugby World Cup journey, millions more people tune in back home to follow the Brave Blossoms.
- New Zealand beats Georgia 43-10, advances at Rugby World Cup Updated: Oct-02-15 6:06 pm
CARDIFF, Wales - New Zealand ran in seven tries, dispatched Georgia 43-10 for a third straight pool win, and became the first team to qualify for the quarterfinals of the Rugby World Cup.
- Gareth Bale in Wales squad as he recovers from injury Updated: Oct-01-15 7:45 am
CARDIFF, Wales - Real Madrid forward Gareth Bale has been named in the Wales squad for the decisive European Championship qualifiers against Bosnia-Herzegovina and Andorra.
- England, Wales ban smoking in cars with children inside Updated: Oct-01-15 6:19 am
LONDON - Smokers who light up in vehicles with children inside will face fines in England and Wales as anti-smoking measures are expanded to protect young people from the dangers of second-hand smoke.
- Everton and Swansea draw 0-0 at the Liberty Stadium Updated: Sep-19-15 12:04 pm
SWANSEA, Wales - A wasteful Everton side was held to a 0-0 draw by Swansea at the Liberty Stadium on Saturday, with striker Romelu Lukaku wasting a number of chances to give his team victory in the Premier League encounter.
- Thomas retires from all rugby after epilepsy diagnosis Updated: Sep-15-15 6:18 am
WORCESTER, England - Worcester Rugby Club says ex-Wales international forward Jonathan Thomas has retired after being diagnosed with epilepsy "thought to be from multiple head traumas."