- Colorado snowpack soars above last year's level Updated: Mar-07-14 10:30 am
- Couple accused of killing Colorado socialite Updated: Mar-04-14 7:14 pm
- Independence Pass trucking fines await governor Updated: Mar-04-14 11:37 am
- Defendant in home invasion gets 30 years Updated: Feb-28-14 9:38 am
- Fryingpan, Roaring Fork rivers keep trout honors Updated: Feb-28-14 9:13 am
- Plea bargain in Garfield County welfare case Updated: Feb-28-14 8:58 am
- Aspen companies pay up after wage investigation Updated: Feb-25-14 12:59 pm
- Ex-wife on trial in businessman's car bomb killing Updated: Feb-20-14 3:23 am
- As snowpack builds, Ruedi Reservoir water released Updated: Feb-17-14 2:32 pm
- Sled dog owner agrees to forfeit right to 8 dogs Updated: Feb-16-14 12:40 pm
- First lady Michelle Obama in Aspen with daughters Updated: Feb-15-14 1:33 pm
- Correction: Rethinking Pot-Pot on a Plane story Updated: Feb-06-14 2:05 pm
ASPEN, Colorado - The Natural Resources Conservation Service says snowpack in the Colorado mountains is 161 percent of last year's level on March 1.
ASPEN, Colorado - A husband and wife who rented the house of a Colorado resort town socialite are accused of killing her and leaving her body in a closet after she returned home from an overseas vacation.
DENVER - Truckers who illegally use a mountain pass near Aspen would see higher fines under a bill that awaits the signature of Gov. John Hickenlooper.
ASPEN, Colorado - A man who pointed a handgun at a 75-year-old Basalt woman during a home invasion robbery has been sentenced to 30 years in prison.
ASPEN, Colorado - State officials have determined there are enough big trout in the lower Fryingpan and lower Roaring Fork rivers to keep their Gold Medal Trout Waters designation.
ASPEN, Colorado - The Garfield County District Attorney's Office has reached a plea deal with a woman accused in one of the county's largest welfare fraud cases.
ASPEN, Colorado - The Aspen Skiing Co. and numerous other businesses in the Aspen-area hospitality industry have paid more than $500,000 to settle federal violations related to minimum wage and overtime compensation for employees after the companies were accused of using outdated federal wage guidelines.
TUCSON, Arizona - A once-prominent Aspen, Colorado, socialite charged in the 1996 Tucson car bomb killing of her ex-husband had nothing to gain from his death and is the victim of overzealous authorities who failed to follow other leads, the woman's lawyer says.
ASPEN, Colorado - Federal water managers have increased water releases from Ruedi Reservoir to make way for runoff from deep mountain snows.
ASPEN, Colorado - An Aspen dog-sledding operator facing animal cruelty charges has agreed to forfeit the right to eight dogs seized from his business in December.
ASPEN, Colorado - First lady Michelle Obama is spending Presidents Day weekend in Aspen with her daughters, Sasha and Malia.
DENVER - In a story Jan. 30 about marijuana at airports, The Associated Press erroneously described the group Smart Colorado. Smart Colorado describes itself as a group concerned about the effects on youth of marijuana commercialization, not as a group opposed to marijuana legalization in Colorado.