- Aspen-area poor having trouble with accessing health care Updated: May-24-15 4:38 pm
ASPEN, Colorado - About 4,500 county residents in the Aspen area live at or below the federal poverty level, and Pitkin County health officials are trying to find options to help the area's low-income families receive the care they need because many doctors are not accepting public health insurance.
- Independence Pass reopens in time for holiday weekend Updated: May-21-15 3:25 pm
ASPEN, Colorado - Even though it still feels like winter in parts of Colorado's mountains, Independence Pass is back open.
- Defendant brings stuffed animal as attorney to court hearing Updated: May-20-15 10:50 am
ASPEN, Colorado - An Aspen man accused of violating a protection order stemming from an assault at an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting brought a stuffed animal to court to defend him.
- Homeowner reports 18-year-old woman tried to burglarize home Updated: May-20-15 8:46 am
ASPEN, Colorado - Aspen police have arrested a Grand Junction-area woman, who they say tried to burglarize a home.
- Judge dismisses case against elderly driver in fatal crash Updated: May-19-15 8:38 pm
ASPEN, Colorado - A judge has dismissed the case against an elderly man accused of crashing into and killing a motorcyclist while driving on the wrong side of the road in Basalt.
- Independence Pass could open early, officials say Updated: May-06-15 5:04 am
ASPEN, Colorado - Independence Pass, the highest paved pass in Colorado, may open early as the Colorado Department of Transportation works to clear snow from the roads.
- Correction: Dog Poo Problems story Updated: May-04-15 1:56 pm
ASPEN, Colorado - In a story May 1 about dog waste problems, The Associated Press, relying on a report by The Aspen Times, reported erroneously the amount of dog waste collected by volunteers. It was 100 pounds, not 600 pounds.
- Extent of Capitol Creek fuel spill contamination assessed Updated: May-02-15 12:17 pm
ASPEN, Colorado - A private environmental-hazards mitigation company says it may have to remove soil contaminated along Capitol Creek Road after a gas tanker overturned.
- Independence Pass back in USA Pro Challenge route Updated: Apr-29-15 9:26 am
ASPEN, Colorado - Cycling fans are excited about the return of Independence Pass to this year's USA Pro Challenge bike race.