- Aspen Skiing Co. tells long-term campers it's time to go Updated: Sep-03-15 9:58 am
ASPEN, Colorado - Longtime tenants of a campground near Basalt are being asked to vacate as the owner moves toward a traditional, short-term RV park operation.
- Protest over planned Thompson Divide drilling Updated: Sep-02-15 9:55 am
ASPEN, Colorado - Dozens of people gathered at a site visit by federal officials to the Thompson Divide area to protest the planned drilling of an exploratory well.
- Art community grows in western Garfield County Updated: Aug-29-15 2:07 am
RIFLE, Colorado - In the past month, Rifle and Silt have played host to live music nights in coffee shops, a street art competition, a summer concert series, a Last Friday art celebration, an annual block party and more.
- Housekeeper loses part of lawsuit against Aspen Skiing Co. Updated: Aug-24-15 9:59 am
ASPEN, Colorado - A housekeeper suing Aspen Skiiing Co. for discrimination has lost her age-discrimination claim. But her claim that the company violated disability protections will proceed.
- A shared history at Smuggler Mine Updated: Aug-22-15 3:07 am
ASPEN, Colorado - With the recent sale of the historic Smuggler Mine, there are still four friends keeping the site's mining history alive, continuing the age-old Aspen tradition of exploring underground. Chris Preusch, Shane Stevenson, Fred Wilson and Jay Parker couldn't be happier underground, burrowing into the side of the mountain that seems to have been forgotten since the mining boom ended over a century ago.
- Judge says man will be deported after convictions Updated: Aug-18-15 7:59 pm
ASPEN, Colorado - An El Salvador man living illegally in Colorado is facing deportation because he was convicted of burglary and misdemeanor sexual contact after offering to help a housekeeper but then groping her.
- Concerns over labor market has Aspen Skiing Co. hiring early Updated: Aug-17-15 11:41 am
ASPEN, Colorado - Aspen Skiing Co. is hiring earlier than ever amid concerns of a slim labor market.
- An Aspen clown born by accident Updated: Aug-15-15 2:08 am
ASPEN, Colorado - Never once did Tammy Baar think she was going to be a clown until, well, she became one.
- Woman who caused fatal Aspen crash to pay restitution Updated: Aug-07-15 5:09 am
ASPEN, Colorado - A woman who drove her vehicle across the center line on Highway 133 and collided head-on with another vehicle, killing a 21-year-old college student, has agreed to pay more than $31,500 in restitution months after her sentencing.
- Man who killed prominent Aspen woman is found dead in cell Updated: Aug-06-15 9:43 pm
ASPEN, Colorado - A former Denver anesthesiologist who pleaded guilty to second-degree murder in the bludgeoning death of a prominent Aspen woman has been found dead in his jail cell.
- New Hampshire man dies on hike with son near Aspen Updated: Aug-06-15 3:20 pm
ASPEN, Colorado - A 59-year-old man from New Hampshire is dead after collapsing on a hike with his son in Colorado.
- Camping banned at Crater Lake near Aspen due to bears Updated: Aug-06-15 8:40 am
ASPEN, Colorado - The U.S. Forest Service has banned camping indefinitely at the gateway to the Maroon Bells-Snowmass Wilderness because of ongoing conflicts between humans and bears.
- Sheriffs: Public shouldn't pay for Clinton security Updated: Aug-05-15 10:58 am
ASPEN, Colorado - Two Colorado sheriffs say taxpayers should not be footing the bill for presidential candidate Hillary Clinton's security at a private fundraiser on Tuesday outside Aspen.