- Browns still jumpy over critical offside call Updated: Oct-08-15 6:35 pm
BEREA, Ohio - The Browns are still a little jumpy over an offside call late in last week's loss at San Diego.
- Ex-narcotics detectives charged in scheme to steal drug cash Updated: Oct-08-15 4:45 pm
CLEVELAND - Three suburban narcotics detectives falsified affidavits and police reports to steal thousands of dollars seized from suspected drug dealers, federal authorities said Thursday in announcing charges in a scheme that prosecutors say compromised legitimate criminal cases.
- Cleveland Indians may soon have minority investor Updated: Oct-08-15 3:03 pm
CLEVELAND - Indians owner Paul Dolan could soon have a financial partner.
- Cleveland woman takes gun from 7-year-old seen loading ammo Updated: Oct-08-15 2:51 pm
CLEVELAND - A vigilant Cleveland woman standing at her kitchen window Tuesday evening may have averted a tragedy when she confiscated a full gun magazine from a 7-year-old boy who was loading it as two friends stood by.
- Police: Truck driver may face charges in fatal crash Updated: Oct-08-15 3:04 am
SOLON, Ohio - Police in Ohio say a semi-truck driver may face criminal charges in a crash that killed a New York man and critically injured a second man.
- Man gets 2 years for defrauding credit union out of millions Updated: Oct-08-15 2:57 am
CLEVELAND - A northeastern Ohio man was sentenced to two years in federal prison for conspiring to defraud a credit union out of more than $3.7 million.
- Teague leads Hawks over Cavaliers 98-96 in preseason opener Updated: Oct-07-15 9:58 pm
- Browns' Joe Haden on criticism: 'If I'm hurt, I'm hurt.' Updated: Oct-07-15 6:31 pm
BEREA, Ohio - The hurt Browns cornerback Joe Haden felt was deeper than any radiating in his body.
- Monitor: Cleveland police must undergo cultural shift Updated: Oct-07-15 6:15 pm
CLEVELAND - The entire Cleveland police department must undergo a cultural shift to earn the community's trust and any real change may require a financial commitment from the city, a member of the team hired to monitor a police consent decree said Wednesday.
- Body camera video shows shot officer asking man to drop gun Updated: Oct-07-15 4:20 pm
CLEVELAND - A dramatic and disturbing video recorded by a police body camera shows Cleveland patrol officers, including one whose ballistic vest had been struck by gunfire, trying to convince a man to drop his gun before four other officers shot him to death.
- Cleveland wants $5.5M verdict in police shooting overturned Updated: Oct-07-15 7:16 am
CLEVELAND - A city attorney has asked a federal judge to overturn a $5.5 million jury award for the family of a man who was shot and killed by an off-duty Cleveland police officer.
- Cleveland appeals 'jock tax' ruling to US Supreme Court Updated: Oct-07-15 7:14 am
CLEVELAND - The city of Cleveland says it is within its rights to tax visiting professional athletes based on the number of games they play a year because taxation is a matter of local jurisdiction.
- No playoffs, Indians open offseason with front-office shift Updated: Oct-06-15 5:48 pm
CLEVELAND - Indians manager Terry Francona doesn't like being an October outsider. This is his month.
- Police now say Cleveland school van wasn't hit by gunfire Updated: Oct-06-15 5:04 pm
CLEVELAND - Cleveland police say a school van wasn't hit by gunfire as reported earlier after the van's rear window shattered with three juveniles inside.
- Cavaliers return to home court for 1st time since Finals Updated: Oct-05-15 9:49 pm
CLEVELAND - LeBron James and the Cleveland Cavaliers took the court at Quicken Loans Arena on Monday night for the first time since losing Game 6 of the NBA Finals in June.
- Browns' Pettine: 'We're not going to hit the panic button' Updated: Oct-05-15 7:44 pm
BEREA, Ohio - Browns general manager Ray Farmer was back in his office Monday after serving a four-game NFL suspension.
- Publishing executive to lead Northeast Ohio Media Group Updated: Oct-05-15 1:12 pm
CLEVELAND - A longtime publishing executive will become president of Northeast Ohio Media Group, which operates Cleveland.com, the Sun News and is responsible for multimedia ad sales and marketing for The Plain Dealer in Cleveland.
- Indians fall short of expectations, playoffs in 2015 Updated: Oct-05-15 12:42 pm
CLEVELAND - Jason Kipnis stood near his locker, already showing signs of an early-fall cleanout, and sized up a season of major momentum swings and minor fulfillment.
- Cleveland asks state to help pay for Public Square project Updated: Oct-03-15 7:30 am
CLEVELAND - Advocates of the ongoing overhaul of downtown Cleveland's Public Square have asked the state to help pay for the project.
- Ortiz homers in return but Red Sox lose 8-2 to Indians Updated: Oct-03-15 1:22 am
CLEVELAND - The wind was blowing in hard as Northeast Ohio felt the effects of Hurricane Joaquin. It made no difference to David Ortiz, whose two-run homer rocketed through the strong gusts.
- Tomlin pitches into 7th as Indians beat Red Sox 8-2 Updated: Oct-02-15 10:21 pm
- Cleveland officials make plea for tips after baby's death Updated: Oct-02-15 10:10 pm
CLEVELAND - A 5-month-old girl in a car with her mom is shot dead in Cleveland; a 5-year-old boy playing football is killed by crossfire police blame on two teenagers; and a 3-year-old boy riding in a car is fatally wounded during a drive-by.
- Cavs' Thompson declines qualifying offer, still free agent Updated: Oct-02-15 6:07 pm
INDEPENDENCE, Ohio - Tristan Thompson has gone from boxing out to holding out.
- LeBron James: 'There's no room for guns' Updated: Oct-02-15 4:49 pm
INDEPENDENCE, Ohio - LeBron James was at home with his three kids when news broke that a 5-month-old girl had been killed in a drive-by shooting - the third fatal shooting of a child in Cleveland in the past month.
- Ohio death-row inmate wants to drop appeals and be executed Updated: Oct-02-15 3:36 pm
CLEVELAND - An Ohio inmate who was sentenced to death for the slayings of a college student and a friend now wants to drop his appeals after more than 10 years and be executed.