- Mother of boy killed by police hires 3rd set of attorneys Updated: Jun-30-15 11:17 am
CLEVELAND - The mother of a boy who was fatally shot by a Cleveland police officer while holding a pellet gun has hired her third set of lawyers to represent her and her family in a federal lawsuit against the city of Cleveland and two patrolmen.
- Parents sentenced to 10 years in prison death of girl, 12 Updated: Jun-30-15 4:55 am
CLEVELAND - A former suburban Cleveland husband and wife have each been sentenced to a decade behind bars for failing to seek medical care for their 12-year-old adopted daughter before she died.
- Trial for 5 white police supervisors moving to black suburb Updated: Jun-29-15 5:32 pm
CLEVELAND - The misdemeanor trial for five white Cleveland police supervisors accused of failing to control a high-speed car chase that led to two unarmed black people being killed in a 137-shot barrage of police gunfire will be held in a predominantly black suburb, not in county court, prosecutors said Monday.
- Groups seek changes to Cleveland police consent decree Updated: Jun-29-15 2:16 pm
CLEVELAND - The NAACP and other civil rights groups want a federal judge to modify a consent decree aimed at reforming the troubled Cleveland police department by requiring outside agencies to investigate deadly police-use-of-force cases and to make the job of police inspector general more independent, according to brief filed Monday.
- Lane closures, slowdowns start on Cleveland's West Shoreway Updated: Jun-29-15 7:20 am
CLEVELAND - Work on a Cleveland lakefront highway is scheduled to get underway this week with lane closures and lower speed limits.
- Cleveland bank unveils century-old paintings, artifacts Updated: Jun-28-15 4:12 pm
CLEVELAND - Recently-discovered, century-old paintings and other artifacts from a historic building in Cleveland have been unveiled as part of the celebration of the 125th anniversary of KeyCorp's downtown branch.
- VA aims to help homeless, at-risk veterans find stable jobs Updated: Jun-28-15 11:02 am
CINCINNATI - David Bowles is excitedly making plans to move from a homeless shelter to an apartment of his own in a few weeks, thanks to a new Department of Veterans Affairs program helping homeless veterans find long-term employment.
- Lead plaintiff in gay marriage case returns to Ohio Updated: Jun-27-15 4:59 pm
CINCINNATI - A Cincinnati native who was the lead plaintiff in the historic Supreme Court ruling on same-sex marriage has come back to his hometown to celebrate.
- Gay marriage ceremonies begin across Ohio after ban rejected Updated: Jun-26-15 6:54 pm
CINCINNATI - Same-sex marriages began Friday across Ohio within hours of the U.S. Supreme Court's 5-4 ruling that rejected the state's 2004 ban and allowed such unions anywhere in the country.
- Bucs quarterback Jameis Winston: 'I'm just moving forward' Updated: Jun-26-15 3:05 pm
BEREA, Ohio - Jameis Winston knows there are always eyes on him - watching, dissecting and waiting for him to make a mistake.
- The Latest: Same-sex marriages underway in Ohio Updated: Jun-26-15 12:22 pm
A Cincinnati couple immediately headed to the marriage license bureau in Hamilton County after hearing about Friday's ruling.
- Trio in Cleveland indicted in alleged investment scheme Updated: Jun-26-15 3:49 am
CLEVELAND - Federal prosecutors say three men from northeast Ohio have been indicted in an alleged scheme to defraud investors out of about $17 million.
- Cavaliers make draft deal, learn J.R. Smith now a free agent Updated: Jun-26-15 1:38 am
INDEPENDENCE, Ohio - Not only did the Cavaliers not pick first in the NBA draft, they traded their only first-rounder this year.
- Timberwolves select Towns with No. 1 pick in NBA draft Updated: Jun-26-15 12:34 am
NEW YORK - The Minnesota Timberwolves got their man in the middle. The Lakers got a playmaking partner for Kobe Bryant.
- Cavs select St. John's guard Sir'Dominic Pointer in draft Updated: Jun-26-15 12:22 am
INDEPENDENCE, Ohio - The Cleveland Cavaliers selected St. John's swingman Sir'Dominic Pointer with the No. 53 pick in the NBA draft, the team's third pick of the second round.
- The Latest: Lanky commissioner stands tall during NBA draft Updated: Jun-25-15 11:31 pm
The Latest from the NBA draft at Barclays Center in New York (All times local):
- Cavaliers acquire rights to Turkey's Osman Updated: Jun-25-15 11:29 pm
INDEPENDENCE, Ohio - The Cleveland Cavaliers will get the rights to Turkish forward Cedi Osman after picking him No. 31 in the NBA draft with a selection acquired from Minnesota.
- Cleveland businesses prepare for 2016 GOP convention Updated: Jun-25-15 1:50 pm
CLEVELAND - Hundreds of vendors, suppliers and business owners in northeast Ohio are strategizing on how they can cash in on the hundreds of millions of dollars expected to be spent during the Republican National Convention next summer in Cleveland.
- Grand jury to consider charges in Ohio police custody death Updated: Jun-24-15 5:25 pm
CLEVELAND - A grand jury will determine whether criminal charges should be filed against two Cleveland police officers in the death of a woman having a mental health crisis last November, a spokesman for the Cuyahoga County prosecutor's office said Wednesday.
- AP source: Kevin Love opts out of contract with Cavs Updated: Jun-24-15 5:18 pm
CLEVELAND - Kevin Love is about to find out how much the league values him, and how much the Cavaliers want him.
- Carrasco, Indians finally top Cabrera-less Tigers 8-2 Updated: Jun-24-15 4:53 pm
CLEVELAND - There was a humongous hole in Detroit's lineup, and the Indians took advantage of it.
- Tigers recall Farmer to start for Verlander Updated: Jun-24-15 10:42 am
CLEVELAND - The Tigers have recalled right-hander Buck Farmer to start against the Indians because Justin Verlander has a stiff back.
- Cavs pick up 2016 option for Mozgov, other decisions ahead Updated: Jun-23-15 5:33 pm
CLEVELAND - The Cavaliers made their first move of the summer, the easiest one.
- Indians designate Atchison for assignment Updated: Jun-23-15 3:42 pm
CLEVELAND - Right-hander Scott Atchison has been designated for assignment by the Cleveland Indians.
- DOJ seeks panelists for selecting police commission members Updated: Jun-23-15 3:19 am
CLEVELAND - The U.S. Justice Department is seeking suggestions about who should serve on a selection panel that will pick a community police commission that is a key provision in Cleveland police department reforms.