- Flannigan leads Cleveland State over Youngstown State 64-59 Updated: Feb-13-16 9:19 pm
YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio - Demonte Flannigan scored a career-high 30 points and Cleveland State beat Youngstown State 64-59 on Saturday night to snap a five-game skid.
- Ex-assistant challenges incumbent in Ohio prosecutor race Updated: Feb-13-16 11:17 am
CLEVELAND - The Democratic primary for prosecutor in Ohio's largest county pits an embattled first-term incumbent against a former assistant who has been endorsed by Ohio's top black leader.
- Tommy Hunter agrees to 1-year contract with Indians Updated: Feb-12-16 6:43 pm
CLEVELAND - Pitcher Tommy Hunter and the Cleveland Indians have agreed to a one-year contract.
- Ohio officials say fentanyl pills being sold as lookalikes Updated: Feb-12-16 1:26 pm
CLEVELAND - A medical examiner in northeast Ohio said Friday that some fentanyl-related overdose deaths last month may be attributed to illegal sales of the powerful painkiller in a pill form with the same markings as less-potent oxycodone tablets.
- Nuclear plants in Ohio, Pennsylvania closed for repairs Updated: Feb-12-16 4:45 am
PERRY, Ohio - Officials say two nuclear reactors in Ohio and Pennsylvania are shut down for repairs.
- 2 men convicted in fatal shooting of 19-year-old mom Updated: Feb-12-16 3:50 am
CLEVELAND - A jury in Cleveland has found two men guilty of fatally shooting a 19-year-old woman while she was sleeping in a bed with her 1-year-old child in a crib beside her.
- Ohio police detective acquitted of abuse-related charges Updated: Feb-12-16 3:31 am
CLEVELAND - A suburban Cleveland police officer accused of beating up a man has been acquitted of all charges in U.S. District Court.
- Cleveland mayor apologizes for billing family of dead boy Updated: Feb-11-16 4:36 pm
CLEVELAND - The mayor of Cleveland apologized Thursday to the family of Tamir Rice, a black 12-year-old boy fatally shot by a white Cleveland police officer, for the city having sent the administrator of the boy's estate a "decedent's last dying expense" claim of $500 for ambulance services.
- LeBron donates uniforms to Toronto-area school teams Updated: Feb-11-16 3:16 pm
CLEVELAND - LeBron James crossed the Canadian border to dish out an All-Star assist.
- Group backs off $5M request for Browns' facility in Columbus Updated: Feb-11-16 10:49 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - A Columbus development group plans to stop pushing a request for the state to help pay $5 million to build a practice facility for the Cleveland Browns at Ohio State University so the team can move its summer training camp.
- Radio ads defends Ohio term limits, though no vote imminent Updated: Feb-11-16 3:46 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Radio spots are airing across Ohio that warn against an impending vote by state lawmakers that would extend term limits - only no such vote is imminent.
- Kobe, LeBron share court as Cavaliers beat Lakers 120-111 Updated: Feb-11-16 12:02 am
CLEVELAND - With 20,000 fans roaring, Kobe Bryant and LeBron James hugged and seemed to be in a world of their own.
- Kobe reflects on LeBron before final matchup in Cleveland Updated: Feb-10-16 9:38 pm
CLEVELAND - Kobe Bryant remembers giving a pair of his sneakers to LeBron James as a gift and offering the teenager some advice.
- Cavs' Kevin Love re-injures left shoulder against Lakers Updated: Feb-10-16 9:35 pm
CLEVELAND - Cavaliers forward Kevin Love has re-injured his surgically repaired left shoulder.
- Browns linebacker Armonty Bryant indicted on drug charges Updated: Feb-10-16 5:14 pm
CLEVELAND - Browns linebacker Armonty Bryant has been indicted on two felony drug charges.
- Ohio cop fired after 137-shot barrage wants back on force Updated: Feb-10-16 10:56 am
CLEVELAND - A Cleveland police officer who was fired after a high-speed chase led to a 137-shot barrage that killed two unarmed black people says he wants to return to the force.
- Man accused of stealing sapphires from Ohio museum indicted Updated: Feb-10-16 7:51 am
CLEVELAND - A part-time university employee accused of stealing sapphires from a Cleveland museum has been indicted on grand theft and vandalism charges.
- Officials: Man's body found in burning car in Cleveland Updated: Feb-10-16 5:14 am
CLEVELAND - Officials say a man's body was found in a burning car in Cleveland and had sustained multiple gunshots.
- The Latest: Ohio has 2 Zika virus cases in visitors to Haiti Updated: Feb-09-16 6:12 pm
CLEVELAND - The Latest on Zika virus cases reported in Ohio (all times local):
- Browns deny lying about Johnny Manziel's concussion Updated: Feb-09-16 4:55 pm
CLEVELAND - The Browns are defending their handling of Johnny Manziel's late-season concussion.
- Cleveland red-light camera case sent back to trial court Updated: Feb-09-16 10:26 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The Ohio Supreme Court has sent a lawsuit challenging Cleveland's traffic camera ticket system back to a judge for further deliberation.
- James, Irving lead Cavaliers past Kings 120-100 Updated: Feb-08-16 11:09 pm
CLEVELAND - LeBron James came close to his 40th career triple-double several times this season.
- Love returns to Cavaliers' lineup after missing 1 game Updated: Feb-08-16 5:47 pm
CLEVELAND - Cleveland Cavaliers forward Kevin Love will return to the lineup after missing a game because of a bruised left thigh.
- Pitcher Craig Stammen, Indians agree to minor league deal Updated: Feb-08-16 2:56 pm
CLEVELAND - Right-hander Craig Stammen has agreed to a minor league contract with the Cleveland Indians and will report to big league spring training.
- Advocates plan trafficking awareness efforts ahead of RNC Updated: Feb-07-16 3:12 pm
CLEVELAND - Social service organizations and law enforcement agencies are planning a campaign to raise awareness of a possible increase in forced prostitution and labor trafficking while crowds are in Cleveland for the upcoming Republican National Convention.