- Health officials warn beachgoers of Lake Erie algae bloom Updated: Sep-04-15 6:20 pm
FAIRPORT HARBOR, Ohio - Officials in Lake County east of Cleveland say a harmful algae bloom is encroaching on popular Lake Erie beaches.
- Browns' Manziel tossing tennis balls as sore elbow heals Updated: Sep-04-15 5:20 pm
CLEVELAND - Johnny Tennis Ball just doesn't sound right.
- Ex-son-in-law of John Gotti pleads not guilty to conspiracy Updated: Sep-04-15 3:41 pm
CLEVELAND - A reputed member of New York's Gambino crime family and former son-in-law of John Gotti pleaded not guilty Friday in what authorities say is a multimillion- dollar scam involving scrap metal and stolen cars.
- Fales throws for 2 TDs, Bears beat Browns 24-0 Updated: Sep-04-15 12:23 am
CHICAGO - David Fales made his case to be Chicago's third-string quarterback, throwing two touchdown passes, and the Bears closed out the preseason with a 24-0 victory over the Cleveland Browns on Thursday night.
- Cleveland police union sues city over training academy move Updated: Sep-03-15 3:11 am
CLEVELAND - The union representing Cleveland police officers has sued the northeast Ohio city over the decision to move its officer training program to Columbus.
- Cavaliers make J.R. Smith signing official Updated: Sep-02-15 9:32 pm
CLEVELAND - The Cavaliers made the re-signing of guard J.R. Smith official.
- Judge OKs gender surgery opposed by 48-year-old's parents Updated: Sep-02-15 8:45 pm
DOYLESTOWN, Pennsylvania - A judge on Wednesday cleared the way for a 48-year-old transgender woman to undergo gender-reassignment surgery, rejecting her parents' effort to block the operation because they say she's mentally incompetent.
- Police: Man fired multiple shots at Cleveland officers Updated: Sep-02-15 3:38 pm
CLEVELAND - Police say they're searching for a man who fired multiple shots at two Cleveland officers responding to a call about shots fired outside a convenience store.
- Ohio court sets execution date for condemned killer of 2 Updated: Sep-02-15 3:29 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The Ohio Supreme Court has set an execution date for a man condemned to die for fatally shooting two people in a 1992 robbery spree.
- Pryor down to last chance to impress Browns Updated: Sep-02-15 2:51 pm
CLEVELAND - Terrelle Pryor doesn't want a handout. No, thank you.
- Ohio man gets 8 years in prison for rigging wife's car Updated: Sep-02-15 4:05 am
CLEVELAND - An Ohio man who authorities say tried to kill his wife by rigging the accelerator on her car has been sentenced in Cleveland to eight years in prison.
- Cleveland Heights owes $2.2M to Cleveland Division of Water Updated: Sep-02-15 3:22 am
CLEVELAND HEIGHTS, Ohio - Officials say the northeast Ohio city of Cleveland Heights owes $2.2 million to the Cleveland Division of Water thanks to years of faulty meter readings.
- Browns cut tackle Phil Taylor, former first-round pick Updated: Sep-01-15 11:05 pm
BEREA, Ohio - The Browns cut big Phil Taylor and swallowed his beefy contract.
- Ohio theater district to dim lights honoring actor who died Updated: Sep-01-15 12:31 pm
CLEVELAND - Cleveland's theater district is dimming its marquee lights in honor of a rising Broadway actor who died after a weekend fall in New York.
- Police: Man on bicycle who killed robbery target charged Updated: Sep-01-15 3:34 am
CLEVELAND - A suspect who authorities say killed a man in a shootout after an attempted robbery while riding a bicycle has been charged with aggravated murder in Cleveland.
- Memorial held in New York for Broadway actor who died at 21 Updated: Aug-31-15 7:52 pm
NEW YORK - Dozens of friends, colleagues and former classmates of a rising Broadway actor who had already made history at just 21 years old gathered in Central Park on Monday to mourn his accidental death.
- Mingo returns to practice for banged-up Browns Updated: Aug-31-15 6:02 pm
BEREA, Ohio - Piece by piece, limb by limb, the Browns are healing and getting back to full strength.
- Buccaneers say QB Winston's sprained ankle not a concern Updated: Aug-31-15 5:05 pm
TAMPA, Florida - Jameis Winston has a sprained ankle that the rookie quarterback and Tampa Bay Buccaneers say is not a major concern.
- Indians President Mark Shapiro is bound for Blue Jays Updated: Aug-31-15 4:51 pm
CLEVELAND - As his throat clogged with emotion, Mark Shapiro avoided making eye contact with his wife and two kids so he wouldn't break down crying.
- Horror movie director Wes Craven dies at 76 Updated: Aug-31-15 4:29 pm
LOS ANGELES - It's hard enough to redefine a genre once in a career, but horror virtuoso Wes Craven managed to do it twice.
- Ohioans file more complaints about credit report errors Updated: Aug-31-15 3:04 am
CLEVELAND - Ohioans have been filing more complaints about inaccuracies in their credit reports that range from annoying to costly.
- Horror master Wes Craven dies at 76 Updated: Aug-31-15 12:11 am
LOS ANGELES - Wes Craven, the prolific writer-director who startled audiences with iconic suburban slashers like "Nightmare on Elm Street" and "Scream," has died. He was 76.
- Officials say Cleveland State has its biggest freshman class Updated: Aug-31-15 12:07 am
CLEVELAND - Cleveland State University officials say the school will have its biggest-ever freshman class this fall despite an analysis that shows the number of high school graduates pursuing higher education in the Midwest has been declining.
- Indians owner Paul Dolan looking for minority investor Updated: Aug-30-15 10:04 pm
CLEVELAND - Indians owner Paul Dolan is looking for a minority investment partner for his franchise.
- Almonte leads Indians to 9-2 win against slumping Angels Updated: Aug-30-15 5:56 pm
CLEVELAND - The Cleveland Indians are working on a positive finish to a roller-coaster August.