- Attorneys argue about Cleveland cop's role in fatal shooting Updated: May-05-15 7:40 pm
CLEVELAND - Depending on who addressed the court, a patrolman charged in the deaths of two unarmed people in a 137-shot barrage of police gunfire was either a brutish killer or a selfless hero on the night of Nov. 29, 2012.
- Fingerprint ruse IDs Florida man as longtime Ohio fugitive Updated: May-05-15 5:58 pm
ORLANDO, Florida - A man convicted of manslaughter walked away from an Ohio prison farm in 1959, then was allowed to slip away from law enforcement in 1975 and disappeared until a ruse to get his fingerprints led to his arrest in Florida this week, investigators said Tuesday.
- Plan LeB: LeBron may be more aggressive vs. Bulls in Game 2 Updated: May-05-15 4:32 pm
INDEPENDENCE, Ohio - LeBron James leaned against a padded basket stanchion and spun a ball on his index finger. As it rotated, his brain seemed to be turning just as quickly.
- Bulls' Derrick Rose says shoulder "feels good" for Game 2 Updated: May-05-15 4:18 pm
CLEVELAND - Chicago Bulls star guard Derrick Rose says he has no pain in his right shoulder and doesn't expect to have any problems going into Game 2 against the Cleveland Cavaliers.
- Prosecutor: Cleveland police union 'just doesn't get it' Updated: May-05-15 10:46 am
CLEVELAND - Cuyahoga County's top prosecutor is criticizing the head of Cleveland's police union for questioning a sergeant's decision to end a weekend high-speed chase.
- Rose, Gasol pace Bulls to 99-92 win over Cavs in Game 1 Updated: May-04-15 11:18 pm
CLEVELAND - The Chicago Bulls came in oozing with confidence, unafraid of LeBron James and convinced they could keep their playoff momentum rolling.
- Family of boy shot by police: Don't delay suit against cops Updated: May-04-15 10:04 pm
CLEVELAND - Relatives of a 12-year-old boy who was killed by police asked Monday for their lawsuit against two officers to not be delayed and questioned why the criminal investigation remains pending more than five months after the shooting.
- Mike Miller makes surprise start for Cavs in Game 1 Updated: May-04-15 7:20 pm
CLEVELAND - Cavaliers veteran swingman Mike Miller was a surprise starter for Game 1 against Chicago.
- Police: Cleveland man killed over public urination Updated: May-04-15 6:29 pm
CLEVELAND - Witnesses told police that a man in Cleveland was fatally shot last weekend after confronting someone who was urinating on his apartment building.
- LeBron lifts media blackout to call Chris Paul Updated: May-04-15 1:08 pm
INDEPENDENCE, Ohio - LeBron James lifted his personal media boycott during the playoffs to phone a friend.
- Raburn, Kipnis spark Indians over Blue Jays 10-7 Updated: May-03-15 6:51 pm
CLEVELAND - Terry Francona thought his team was at a crossroads Sunday.
- Winners announced in '14 OAPME newspaper contest Updated: May-03-15 2:45 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Newspapers in Columbus, Youngstown, Elyria, Newark and Chillicothe were named the best in the state Sunday in the annual Ohio Associated Press Media Editors newspaper competition.
- Blue Jays rough up Kluber in 11-4 win over Indians Updated: May-02-15 9:36 pm
CLEVELAND - After struggling the previous night, Toronto took it to the reigning AL Cy Young winner on Saturday.
- Browns wrap up draft, grab wide receiver, ignore quarterback Updated: May-02-15 9:21 pm
BEREA, Ohio - No splash, no sizzle, and surprisingly, no quarterback.
- Remains of WWII airman lost for decades set for Ohio burial Updated: May-02-15 9:56 am
WILLOUGHBY, Ohio - An Ohio airman whose remains were lost in a World War II battle site for almost 70 years has been returned for burial in a northeast Ohio cemetery.
- Browns select Miami running back Duke Johnson in 3rd round Updated: May-01-15 10:36 pm
BEREA, Ohio - Ignoring playmakers in the first two rounds, the Cleveland Browns selected Miami running back Duke Johnson with the No. 77 pick in the NFL draft on Friday night.
- Orioles play home games in Florida after riots in Baltimore Updated: May-01-15 9:39 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - Baltimore Orioles manager Buck Showalter looked out of place.
- Browns select linebacker Nate Orchard in 2nd round Updated: May-01-15 9:06 pm
- Blue Jays, Indians both hit leadoff HRs in 1st inning Updated: May-01-15 7:56 pm
- Blue Jays option rookie LHP Daniel Norris to Triple-A Updated: May-01-15 5:29 pm
CLEVELAND - The Blue Jays have optioned rookie left-hander Daniel Norris to Triple-A Buffalo.
- Man sentenced for illegal dumping at Cleveland factory Updated: May-01-15 6:50 am
CLEVELAND - A northeast Ohio man charged with dumping tons of garbage in a Cleveland factory has been sentenced to three years in prison.
- Browns enter Day 2 of draft with 8 picks left Updated: May-01-15 2:06 am
BEREA, Ohio - The Browns got much bigger on the first day of the NFL draft. They've got eight more chances to get better.
- Cleveland jock tax on out-of-town athletes unconstitutional Updated: Apr-30-15 11:11 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The way Cleveland taxes professional athletes who work for short periods of time in the city is unconstitutional because it violates athletes' due process rights, the Ohio Supreme Court said Thursday.
- Browns take FSU lineman Cameron Erving at No. 19 Updated: Apr-30-15 10:26 pm
- Cleveland mayor: Director chided for tweet on city burning Updated: Apr-30-15 5:38 pm
CLEVELAND - The head of Cleveland's Community Relations Board has been reprimanded for sending a tweet asking whether people think the city "should be burned down," an apparent reference to concerns about the outcome of a police officer's trial in the death of two unarmed citizens.