- Police: Ex-NFL player assaults man on Ohio golf course Updated: May-06-16 2:24 am
HIGHLAND HILLS, Ohio - A former Cleveland Browns player who had his sentencing delayed in an embezzlement case while he participates in a concussion study is now being accused of assaulting a man at a golf course over a loud radio.
- Indians complete sweep of Tigers with 9-4 win Updated: May-05-16 11:03 pm
CLEVELAND - The Cleveland Indians have dominated the Tigers this season, and Brad Ausmus has seen enough.
- Brantley, Napoli lead Indians to sweep of Tigers, 9-4 Updated: May-05-16 10:50 pm
CLEVELAND - Indians manager Terry Francona knew it was only a matter of time until Michael Brantley had a big game.
- NFL prospect charged with tampering after bar shooting Updated: May-05-16 6:23 pm
CLEVELAND HEIGHTS, Ohio - A former Arizona State linebacker who was set to join the Cincinnati Bengals as an undrafted free agent has been charged with tampering with evidence after a fatal shooting outside a suburban Cleveland bar.
- Cleveland Indians C Perez to have surgery on right thumb Updated: May-05-16 5:18 pm
CLEVELAND - Cleveland Indians catcher Roberto Perez will have surgery on his fractured right thumb on Friday.
- Man convicted of killing 3 women, wrapping bodies in bags Updated: May-05-16 5:15 pm
CLEVELAND - A convicted sex offender was found guilty Thursday of the murder of three women whose bodies were found wrapped in garbage bags in a case that raised fears that another serial killer was hunting for victims in the Cleveland area.
- White House announces sentence commutations for 2 Ohioans Updated: May-05-16 5:09 pm
CLEVELAND - The Obama administration has commuted the prison sentences of 58 federal convicts, including a pair of Ohioans.
- California man charged in Ohio with meth trafficking Updated: May-05-16 8:21 am
CLEVELAND - Federal authorities say a California man accused of bringing more than 10,000 doses of methamphetamine into the Cleveland area has been charged with trafficking in the drug.
- Charges filed against 11 teen gang members, prosecutors say Updated: May-05-16 3:42 am
CLEVELAND - Eleven teenage boys suspected of involvement with a street gang that randomly attacked and robbed people in Cleveland and its suburbs have been charged with more than 150 counts in all.
- Ohio high court: Man can seek damages from Cleveland Indians Updated: May-05-16 3:40 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohio's high court says a New York man who was hit by a foul ball at a baseball game and blinded in one eye can seek damages from the Cleveland Indians.
- Big shots: Cavaliers set NBA record by making 25 3-pointers Updated: May-05-16 2:36 am
CLEVELAND - Wearing headphones and sweats, J.R. Smith, the one Cleveland player without any restrictions on where or when he can shoot, finished his pregame warmup by stopping near half-court and launching a shot.
- 3 for all: Cavaliers make record 25 3-pointers, rout Hawks Updated: May-05-16 12:48 am
CLEVELAND - Your shot, Warriors.
- Cavaliers set NBA playoff record for 3-pointers Updated: May-04-16 9:52 pm
CLEVELAND - The Cavaliers have set an NBA playoff record by making 22 3-pointers in Game 2 against Atlanta on Wednesday night.
- Court: White Ohio officers' trial can't move to black suburb Updated: May-04-16 5:23 pm
CLEVELAND - An Ohio appeals court says five white Cleveland police supervisors accused of failing to stop a chase that ended with officers killing two black suspects can't face charges in the predominantly black suburb where the shooting happened.
- Sneaky quarterback: RG3, Browns surprise high school team Updated: May-04-16 3:41 pm
CLEVELAND - Talk about a quarterback sneak.
- Tamir Rice's mom at Kent State: Racism is a disease Updated: May-04-16 3:31 pm
KENT, Ohio - Tamir Rice's mother says at this year's commemoration of the 1970 shootings at Kent State University that it doesn't matter what race a person is when fighting for justice.
- Indians acquire catcher Chris Gimenez from Rangers Updated: May-04-16 2:06 pm
CLEVELAND - The Indians acquired backup catcher Chris Gimenez from the Texas Rangers for cash considerations.
- LeBron has thought about playoffs matchup with Wade, Heat Updated: May-04-16 12:19 pm
INDEPENDENCE, Ohio - LeBron James isn't looking too far forward in the NBA playoffs. He's taken a peek, however.
- Rangers reacquire catcher Bobby Wilson in trade with Tigers Updated: May-03-16 6:10 pm
- EPA: 2 square mile toxic blob nearing Cleveland water plant Updated: May-03-16 3:40 am
CLEVELAND - State environmental regulators say sludge material dredged from the Cuyahoga (ky-uh-HOH'-guh) River and dumped into Lake Erie in the 1970s might be moving toward a Cleveland water treatment plant.
- Ohio casino closing for 2 days, will reopen with new name Updated: May-03-16 12:21 am
CLEVELAND - Cleveland's downtown casino is closing down but for less than two days.
- Cleveland delays tearing down gazebo where Tamir Rice killed Updated: May-02-16 9:05 pm
CLEVELAND - Cleveland has agreed to a request from the Smithsonian's new African-American history museum to delay the demolition of a gazebo where 12-year-old Tamir Rice was shot to death by police.
- Browns release linebacker Scott Solomon, injured last season Updated: May-02-16 2:54 pm
CLEVELAND - The Browns released linebacker Scott Solomon, whose 2015 season was stopped short by injuries.
- Editorials from around Ohio Updated: May-02-16 1:44 pm
Excerpts of recent editorials of statewide and national interest from Ohio newspapers:
- A brokered convention, 3 candidates, 2 factions: GOP in 1880 Updated: May-02-16 12:55 pm
CLEVELAND - It was a brokered convention with three candidates and two factions. Republican Party leaders hoped for unity, but once the delegates began voting, consensus proved elusive.