- Sheriffs push back against Ducey's border security plan Updated: Nov-30-15 4:46 pm
PHOENIX - Gov. Doug Ducey should restore money taken from counties and fix ongoing problems with the state Department of Public Safety before pouring more cash into a new state border security strike force, the state sheriffs association said Monday.
- Mohave County sheriff won't be seeking re-election next year Updated: Nov-30-15 4:18 pm
KINGMAN, Arizona - Mohave County Sheriff Jim McCabe has announced that he won't be seeking re-election next year.
- 5 killed in head-on crash south of Phoenix Updated: Nov-30-15 3:58 pm
PHOENIX - Authorities say two cars collided head-on in an outlying area of metropolitan Phoenix, leaving five people dead including a Montana man and a New Mexico woman.
- Teen girl accidentally wounded at Casa Grande shooting range Updated: Nov-30-15 3:18 pm
CASA GRANDE, Arizona - Authorities say a teenage girl is recovering after being accidentally shot at a Casa Grande shooting range.
- Arizona attorney general seeks ouster of utility regulator Updated: Nov-30-15 3:05 pm
PHOENIX - A member of the Arizona Corporation Commission should be removed from office because she is a registered lobbyist for cable companies regulated by the panel, the state attorney general said Monday.
- AP Source: Cueto turns down $120 million D-Backs offer Updated: Nov-30-15 3:04 pm
PHOENIX - Johnny Cueto has rejected a six-year, $120 million offer from the Arizona Diamondbacks, a person with knowledge of the situation said Monday.
- Grand Canyon seeks changes as more visitors use backcountry Updated: Nov-30-15 1:37 pm
FLAGSTAFF, Arizona - The Grand Canyon is proposing changes to how backcountry areas are managed as more outdoor enthusiasts take to the park's remote terrain.
- Mesa launches program to stem emergency room visits for flu Updated: Nov-30-15 12:32 pm
MESA, Arizona - As cold and flu season gets under way, Mesa Fire and Medical is launching a dispatch program to help callers determine if they really need to visit an emergency room.
- Forest Service cleaning sludge from abandoned Arizona mine Updated: Nov-30-15 12:25 pm
TUCSON, Arizona - The U.S. Forest Service is working to plug holes and bury waste at a southern Arizona mine after orange sludge appeared downstream last year.
- Officials rule Flagstaff woman's death in woods homicide Updated: Nov-30-15 10:00 am
FLAGSTAFF, Arizona - Coconino County officials have ruled that one person in a couple that was found dead in a wooded area of the San Francisco Peaks was killed in an apparent homicide.
- Phoenix police: Man fatally shot at site of house party Updated: Nov-30-15 8:40 am
PHOENIX - Phoenix police say a 21-year-old man is dead following a shooting outside a house party.
- Ducey appoints Tucson attorney to Game and Fish Commission Updated: Nov-30-15 8:28 am
PHOENIX - Gov. Doug Ducey has appointed Tucson lawyer Eric Slocum Sparks to the Arizona Game and Fish Commission.
- Ducey to light Capitol tree, kick off holiday season Updated: Nov-30-15 5:06 am
PHOENIX - Gov. Doug Ducey will officially light the state Capitol Christmas tree at a ceremony that kicks off the holiday season.
- Interim Sierra Vista police chief to serve permanently Updated: Nov-30-15 5:01 am
SIERRA VISTA, Arizona - The acting police chief of the Sierra Vista Police Department has been named to the position permanently.
- Palmer's 8-yard TD run leads first-place Cards past 49ers Updated: Nov-30-15 2:14 am
SANTA CLARA, California - With two running backs down, Arizona's ground game kept getting stuffed. So Carson Palmer took charge.
- Dornstauder leads No. 16 Arizona St. past Bakersfield 60-47 Updated: Nov-29-15 9:51 pm
HONOLULU - Quinn Dornstauder scored 14 points with 5-for-8 shooting and grabbed four rebounds to lead No. 16 Arizona State to a 60-47 win over Cal State Bakersfield in the Rainbow Wahine Showdown on Sunday.
- Palmer's 8-yard TD run leads first-place Cards past 49ers Updated: Nov-29-15 9:09 pm
SANTA CLARA, California - Give Carson Palmer some style points for punctuating the Cardinals' latest win, however silly it looked when he tumbled over after spiking the ball.
- 49ers beat themselves with 13 penalties, fall to Cardinals Updated: Nov-29-15 9:07 pm
SANTA CLARA, California - Quinton Dial believed he was making a legal play when he came straight at Cardinals quarterback Carson Palmer and clobbered him.
- No. 11 Arizona outlasts Boise State for 3rd in Wooden Legacy Updated: Nov-29-15 8:31 pm
ANAHEIM, California - Arizona's long nightmare in a city known as the happiest place on Earth is over.
- Jacobsen leads Sun Devils late in 70-68 win over Gauchos Updated: Nov-29-15 8:29 pm
TEMPE, Arizona - Eric Jacobsen had 12 seconds of basketball to remember on Sunday, a stretch of time that helped his team to a hard-fought win after an afternoon of shooting struggles.
- Jacobsen's heroics lead Arizona State past UCSB 70-68 Updated: Nov-29-15 7:29 pm
TEMPE, Arizona - Eric Jacobsen put in a missed shot with two seconds left, giving Arizona State a 70-68 win over UC-Santa Barbara on Sunday.
- Deputy fatally shoots Sun City man who brandished gun Updated: Nov-29-15 5:03 pm
SUN CITY, Arizona - Maricopa County Sheriff's officials say a Sun City man was fatally shot by a deputy after he pulled out a gun.
- Boy seriously hurt after 30-foot fall at Phoenix theme park Updated: Nov-29-15 4:35 pm
PHOENIX - A 12-year-old boy is in a coma after he fell from a ride at a Phoenix amusement park.
- Toddler pulled from canal in west Phoenix Updated: Nov-29-15 3:38 pm
PHOENIX - A young boy is in the hospital after Phoenix firefighters pulled him from a canal.
- Woman finishes effort to identify those in pauper's grave Updated: Nov-29-15 11:19 am
FLAGSTAFF, Arizona - An Arizona woman has completed a painstaking project to identify people buried in a once-neglected pauper's grave made up primarily of Navajo children who died of tuberculosis and other illnesses decades ago.