- Q&A: Arizona investigating shots fired at vehicles Updated: Sep-04-15 3:38 am
PHOENIX - Four vehicles traveling on the same freeway in the heart of Phoenix have been struck by gunshots in the last week, and the state police agency has appealed for information from the public as it conducts what it says is a robust investigation.
- No. 22 Wildcats' 42-32 win over UTSA comes with a cost Updated: Sep-04-15 2:23 am
TUCSON, Arizona - Arizona struggled defensively, was uneven on offense and had trouble putting away a smaller-conference team at home.
- Johnson helps Cardinals beat Broncos 22-20 Updated: Sep-04-15 1:38 am
- Arizona's Wright goes down with knee injury in season opener Updated: Sep-04-15 12:20 am
TUCSON, Arizona - Arizona All-America linebacker Scooby Wright injured his left knee in the 22nd-ranked Wildcats' opener against UTSA on Thursday night and did not return.
- State encourages tourists to head to Lake Powell for holiday Updated: Sep-03-15 9:44 pm
PAGE, Arizona - State environment officials say tourists heading to Lake Powell for the Labor Day holiday need not worry about the quality of the water following a mine spill.
- Man found dead in parking lot of Peoria lodge after argument Updated: Sep-03-15 8:41 pm
PEORIA, Arizona - Authorities are investigating the death of an 81-year-old man whose body was found in a Peoria parking lot.
- Post-storm cleanup in Phoenix not quite over Updated: Sep-03-15 8:35 pm
PHOENIX - Just as Phoenix began to make progress in cleaning up after a brutal storm, the city became shrouded by two different dust clouds in a three-hour span.
- Prosecutor: Medicaid worker's alleged take tops $10 million Updated: Sep-03-15 8:08 pm
PHOENIX - A prosecutor says an executive who oversaw procurement for the Arizona Medicaid program may have skimmed more than $10 million through an elaborate scheme over the past nine years.
- School backers want special legislative session on funding Updated: Sep-03-15 7:44 pm
PHOENIX - Education advocates on Thursday urged Republican Gov. Doug Ducey to call the Legislature into a special session to settle a school funding lawsuit.
- Companies to stop 'revenge makeover' ads using ex-governor Updated: Sep-03-15 7:42 pm
PHOENIX - Two online marketing companies that ceased publishing ads depicting former Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer as an over-the-hill divorcee who needed a "revenge makeover" could still face legal action from her.
- Documented gang member wanted in Texas arrested in Arizona Updated: Sep-03-15 7:16 pm
PHOENIX - Authorities say a documented gang member wanted in Texas has been arrested in Arizona.
- Coyotes sign 1st-round draft pick Nick Merkley Updated: Sep-03-15 6:12 pm
GLENDALE, Arizona - The Arizona Coyotes signed first-round draft pick Nick Merkley to a three-year, entry-level contract Thursday.
- Guadalupe mayor to pay restitution in food stamp fraud case Updated: Sep-03-15 5:40 pm
PHOENIX - The mayor of the small Arizona town of Guadalupe has been ordered to pay nearly $5,500 in restitution in a food stamp fraud case.
- Court to consider case involving hospitals, AHCCCS patients Updated: Sep-03-15 5:02 pm
PHOENIX - The Arizona Supreme Court has agreed to consider whether hospitals that treat Medicaid patients can go after money that the patients obtained through personal injury settlements related to their care.
- No contest plea in 2014 crash that killed Chandler policeman Updated: Sep-03-15 4:47 pm
PHOENIX - A man charged in a 2014 hit-and-run crash that killed a Chandler police officer has pleaded no contest to second-degree murder.
- Gasoline prices in Arizona at $2.54 per gallon Updated: Sep-03-15 4:16 pm
PHOENIX - Gasoline prices around Arizona are at their lowest level heading into the Labor Day holiday weekend in more than a decade.
- Rape-kit analysis reveals suspect in unsolved Provo case Updated: Sep-03-15 4:07 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Provo police are tracking a new suspect in an unsolved 2008 rape case after public scrutiny helped spur new funding to analyze a backlog of untested rape kits in the state.
- Settlement approved in civil rights lawsuit against Arpaio Updated: Sep-03-15 3:22 pm
PHOENIX - A judge has approved a nearly two-month-old settlement that ends a lawsuit by the U.S. Justice Department that alleged several civil rights violations against Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio's office.
- Arizona Corrections: 220 inmates ill at prison's 2 units Updated: Sep-03-15 3:19 pm
WINSLOW, Arizona - Hundreds of inmates at a state prison in northern Arizona have gotten ill in the past 48 hours, and the state Department of Corrections says it's working with health officials to identify the cause.
- State to take bids for Kingman private-prison contract Updated: Sep-03-15 2:17 pm
PHOENIX - Gov. Doug Ducey wants to ensure the hiring process for a new Kingman private-prison operator is transparent and fair.
- Northern Arizona jurors to hear case versus polygamous towns Updated: Sep-03-15 2:09 pm
PHOENIX - A lawsuit that alleges systematic civil rights violations by polygamous towns on the Arizona-Utah line will be tried in Phoenix, but will be decided by jurors from northern Arizona.
- Amateur paleontologist finds rare fossil of fish in Arizona Updated: Sep-03-15 1:52 pm
FLAGSTAFF, Arizona - Growing up, Stephanie Leco often would dig in her backyard and imagine finding fossils of a tyrannosaurus rex. She was fascinated with the idea of holding something in her hand that was millions of years old and would give her insight on how the world evolved.
- Man shoots self while trying to show gun wouldn't fire Updated: Sep-03-15 12:35 pm
OVERGAARD, Arizona - A 23-year-old Phoenix man is in critical condition after shooting himself in the head while trying to show that a handgun could not be fired while he had the safety mechanism engaged.
- California man arrested while trying to enter Prescott home Updated: Sep-03-15 12:30 pm
PRESCOTT, Arizona - A California man is behind bars after he tried to force his way into a Prescott home.
- 2 Tucson men arrested after drug trafficking investigation Updated: Sep-03-15 12:26 pm
TUCSON, Arizona - Two people have been arrested after warrants were served as part of an investigation into a drug trafficking organization.