- Lawmaker offers secular prayer on House floor Updated: Feb-08-16 7:44 pm
PHOENIX - A Democratic lawmaker has offered a secular prayer on the House floor after Republican leadership turned down his request to offer a daily prayer during opening ceremonies.
- Clippard, Diamondbacks agree to $12.25M, 2-year contract Updated: Feb-08-16 7:32 pm
PHOENIX - Reliever Tyler Clippard agreed Monday to a $12.25 million, two-year contract with the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Arizona panel OKs tax credit for concealed carry permit Updated: Feb-08-16 7:26 pm
PHOENIX - Arizona residents are one step closer to getting a tax credit for attending a firearms safety class after Republican lawmakers passed a measure offering a dollar-for-dollar credit for concealed carry permit holders on Monday.
- 3 people injured after 6-vehicle crash in Peoria Updated: Feb-08-16 6:38 pm
PEORIA, Arizona - Authorities say three people have been taken to hospitals for treatment of injuries after a six-vehicle crash in Peoria.
- Arizona inmate death being investigated as suspected homcide Updated: Feb-08-16 6:22 pm
PHOENIX - Arizona Department of Corrections officials say they're investigating the death of an inmate last weekend as a suspected homicide.
- Francis Wick named CEO of family newspaper chain Updated: Feb-08-16 6:07 pm
SIERRA VISTA, Arizona - Wick Communications has named the grandson of the newspaper chain's co-founder as its new president and CEO.
- Cabin smoke forces flight back to Arizona; passengers unhurt Updated: Feb-08-16 5:27 pm
TUCSON, Arizona - A commercial flight headed to Los Angeles filled with smoke, turned around and made an emergency landing in Tucson, Arizona, where some passengers had to jump from the airplane to the runway.
- Ducey creates office to help streamline economic development Updated: Feb-08-16 5:23 pm
PHOENIX - Gov. Doug Ducey on Monday announced the creation of a new office designed to help streamline economic development and marketing of Arizona across the nation and internationally.
- Attorney General to visit 6 cities to highlight police work Updated: Feb-08-16 5:05 pm
WASHINGTON - Attorney General Loretta Lynch plans to visit six cities in the coming months to highlight police departments she sees as role models for law enforcement.
- House panel OK's repeal of Arizona technical education cut Updated: Feb-08-16 4:26 pm
PHOENIX - An Arizona House committee on Monday unanimously approved a proposal restoring nearly all the cuts made to high school career and technical education programs last year, setting the stage for the full House to consider the emergency legislation.
- Phoenix couple get jail terms in food stamps fraud case Updated: Feb-08-16 4:20 pm
PHOENIX - A Phoenix couple has each been sentenced to six months in jail and ordered to jointly pay more than $94,000 restitution in a food stamps fraud case.
- Phoenix Mercury bring back Penny Taylor Updated: Feb-08-16 3:46 pm
PHOENIX - The Phoenix Mercury have re-signed forward Penny Taylor, reuniting the starting lineup that won the 2014 WNBA title.
- Pinal jail commander reassigned during credit-card probe Updated: Feb-08-16 3:45 pm
FLORENCE, Arizona - The Pinal County Sheriff's Office says Superior Mayor Jayme Valenzuela has been reassigned from his job as county jail commander while alleged misuse of a town charge card is investigated.
- Gallup Diocese bankruptcy case's costs exceed $3.6 million Updated: Feb-08-16 1:33 pm
GALLUP, New Mexico - Costs for the Diocese of Gallup's bankruptcy proceedings have exceeded $3.6 million.
- Arizona DPS: Freeway shooting was road-rage incident Updated: Feb-08-16 12:04 pm
SCOTTSDALE, Arizona - A Phoenix-area freeway shooting during the Monday morning commute stemmed from a road-rage confrontation, the Arizona Department of Transportation said.
- The Latest: Police: Shooting stemmed from road-road incident Updated: Feb-08-16 11:09 am
SCOTTSDALE, Arizona - The Latest on a freeway shooting incident in the Phoenix area (all times local):
- Group pushes for campsites, tiny houses for Tucson homeless Updated: Feb-08-16 10:03 am
TUCSON, Arizona - Homeless advocates are pushing for Tucson to follow the lead of a pilot program in Oregon and designate campsites and build micro-homes for the city's growing homeless population.
- Draining of Tempe Town Lake for replacement of dam to start Updated: Feb-08-16 8:44 am
TEMPE, Arizona - Tempe Town Lake will close for boating and other water activities starting Wednesday for about 2 ½ months as the lake is drained so crews can remove a dam that will be replaced with a new one.
- Fire at Phoenix Apartment complex displaces some residents Updated: Feb-08-16 8:34 am
PHOENIX - Numerous residents of a Phoenix apartment complex have been displaced by an early morning fire.
- March 30 trial set for teen accused of killing jail officer Updated: Feb-08-16 4:01 am
PHOENIX - A March 30 trial has been set for a 17-year-old boy accused of killing a Maricopa County jail officer who authorities say was randomly targeted when he was shot in his driveway.
- 17th trumps 16th at Phoenix Open in Matsuyama's playoff win Updated: Feb-08-16 2:32 am
SCOTTSDALE, Arizona - The par-3 16th hole is the centerpiece of the golf extravaganza known as the Waste Management Phoenix Open.
- Brunner's 3-point play lets No. 8 Arizona State es Updated: Feb-07-16 7:57 pm
TEMPE, Arizona - No. 8 Arizona State was struggling so much coach Charli Turner Thorne decided during one first-half timeout to turn things over to her players in order to "empower" and relax them.
- 2 La kids found in Ariz after month; mom, man arrested Updated: Feb-07-16 5:30 pm
SHREVEPORT, Louisiana - Louisiana State Police say two kidnapped boys, aged 2 and 7, have been found in Casa Grande, Arizona, after a monthlong search.
- No. 14 UCLA women ease by Arizona 73-39 Updated: Feb-07-16 5:28 pm
TUCSON, Arizona - Monique Billings scored 14 points and No. 14 UCLA forced 25 turnovers in a 73-39 victory over Arizona on Sunday.
- Kinder Morgan spends $1M to muffle compressor station noise Updated: Feb-07-16 5:18 pm
KINGMAN, Arizona - Kinder Morgan Inc. plans to spend $1 million to put a silencer on a compressor in Kingman.