- Domestic violence victim protests use of city's nuisance law Updated: Aug-27-15 7:58 pm
PHOENIX - A domestic violence victim has alleged in a lawsuit that a police officer from a Phoenix suburb pressured her landlord to evict her for repeatedly calling 911 for protection from her abusive former boyfriend.
- Officers stop 16 firearms from being smuggled into Mexico Updated: Aug-27-15 7:19 pm
NOGALES, Arizona - Federal authorities have arrested a Phoenix-area woman accused of trying to smuggle over a dozen firearms from Arizona into Mexico.
- Oro Valley man gets 103 ½ years in prison in sex abuse case Updated: Aug-27-15 7:15 pm
FLORENCE, Arizona - An Oro Valley man has been sentenced to more than 100 years in prison for sexually abusing two of his adopted children.
- Suspect in 2005 Navajo County cold case died in Mexico Updated: Aug-27-15 6:44 pm
HOLBROOK, Arizona - Navajo County Sheriff's officials say a 10-year-old Arizona homicide case appears to be closed with the reported death of the only known suspect.
- Cardinals anticipate end of training camp Updated: Aug-27-15 6:09 pm
GLENDALE, Arizona - So what's with those smiles on the faces of Arizona Cardinals players?
- Freeport-McMoRan cuts more spending; Icahn discloses stake Updated: Aug-27-15 5:43 pm
PHOENIX - Activist investor Carl Icahn said late Thursday that he has taken an 8.5-percent stake in Freeport-McMoRan, just hours after the mining company announced cost cuts and lower spending in response to declining copper prices and soft economic conditions worldwide.
- Feds: Arizona man helped student get Islamic State training Updated: Aug-27-15 5:37 pm
NEW YORK - An Arizona man has been charged with helping a New York college student get Islamic State training in Syria.
- State begins removing homes for planned Phoenix freeway Updated: Aug-27-15 3:22 pm
PHOENIX - Crews knocked down the first of hundreds of Phoenix homes slated for demolition Thursday, marking the beginning of a long-planned freeway development.
- ASU Police Department launches Special Victims Unit Updated: Aug-27-15 11:41 am
TEMPE, Arizona - Arizona State University has added a Special Victims Unit to its campus police department to cover special crimes reported on any of its four campuses.
- Feds seize more than $86,000 worth of marijuana in Yuma Updated: Aug-27-15 11:20 am
YUMA, Arizona - Border Patrol agents say they have seized more than 170 pounds of marijuana from a vehicle in Yuma County whose driver fled the scene.
- Tucson bus strike leads to college deadline extension Updated: Aug-27-15 11:07 am
TUCSON, Arizona - Pima Community College is extending a fall registration deadline to accommodate students who may be affected by a Tucson bus strike.
- Suspect in Phoenix mobile home park shooting sought Updated: Aug-27-15 9:43 am
PHOENIX - Police are searching for a suspect believed to have shot a man in the back at a mobile home park in west Phoenix.
- Arizona DPS arrests driver in an alleged road-road incident Updated: Aug-27-15 9:22 am
PHOENIX - Arizona Department of Public Safety troopers have arrested a driver following a reported road-rage incident.
- Mother of man killed by Border Patrol agent files suit Updated: Aug-27-15 8:14 am
TUCSON, Arizona - The mother of an unarmed man killed by a U.S. Border Patrol agent last year is suing the federal government.
- Prosecutor wants murder trial to remain in Mohave County Updated: Aug-27-15 6:13 am
KINGMAN, Arizona - A Mohave County prosecutor is asking a judge to reject a request to move a murder case out of the county.
- Arizona commission nominates 5 for Court of Appeals vacancy Updated: Aug-27-15 4:28 am
PHOENIX - A state commission has nominated two Pima County Superior Court judges and three other lawyers for an opening on the Arizona Court of Appeals' Tucson-based division.
- Diamondbacks lose 3-1 to Cardinals after Corbin leaves Updated: Aug-27-15 1:20 am
PHOENIX - Patrick Corbin kept Arizona in the game against baseball's best team.
- Cardinals beat Diamondbacks 3-1 behind Lackey Updated: Aug-27-15 1:15 am
PHOENIX - John Lackey pitches to get balls in play, allowing his defense to do the work for him.
- Arizona severs ties with prison operator over July riots Updated: Aug-26-15 9:19 pm
PHOENIX - Arizona severed ties Wednesday with a private prison operator over what the state says was a string of troubling security and training lapses that led to violent riots in July.
- Arizona DES employee arrested, accused of food stamps fraud Updated: Aug-26-15 9:13 pm
PHOENIX - An Arizona Department of Economic Security employee has been arrested for allegedly using an electronic benefits transaction card to obtain food stamps.
- Arizona DOC: Female inmate at state prison in Goodyear dies Updated: Aug-26-15 7:53 pm
PHOENIX - Authorities say an inmate at a state prison in Goodyear is dead.
- Mistrial declared in case of fatal fight at a Glendale park Updated: Aug-26-15 6:58 pm
PHOENIX - A mistrial has been declared in the case of a man accused in a fatal fight at a Glendale park.
- Judge says Arizona Medicaid plan hospital fee constitutional Updated: Aug-26-15 6:41 pm
PHOENIX - A judge ruled Wednesday that a hospital assessment that pays for the expansion of the state's Medicaid program did not require a supermajority vote of the Legislature to be enacted and is therefore constitutional.
- Program says safety, but Bucannon more of a linebacker Updated: Aug-26-15 5:46 pm
GLENDALE, Arizona - When the Arizona Cardinals selected Deone Bucannon in the first round of the 2014 draft, they envisioned a hard-hitting safety prowling the secondary.
- Police withholding name of man fatally shot at Phoenix home Updated: Aug-26-15 5:16 pm
PHOENIX - Authorities are withholding the name of a 45-year-old man who was fatally shot at a west Phoenix home.