- Ex-priest arrested in 1960 killing of Texas schoolteacher Updated: Feb-10-16 1:49 am
MCALLEN, Texas - A former priest has been arrested in Arizona in the 1960 slaying of a 25-year-old Texas schoolteacher.
- Clippard says D-backs' potential drew him to Arizona Updated: Feb-09-16 11:55 pm
PHOENIX - Reliever Tyler Clippard says that Arizona's potential to contend for a title was a big reason he signed with the Diamondbacks.
- Grand Canyon beats NAIA's Benedictine (Ariz.) 95-71 Updated: Feb-09-16 11:19 pm
PHOENIX - Joshua Braun scored 26 points, Grandy Glaze had 25 points with a career-high 15 rebounds and Grand Canyon beat NAIA-member Benedictine (Ariz.) 95-71 Tuesday night.
- Bud Selig to teach at Arizona State's College of Law Updated: Feb-09-16 10:15 pm
TEMPE, Arizona - Former baseball commissioner Bud Selig will teach sports law and business at Arizona State's Sandra Day O'Connor College of Law.
- House panel OKs bill restoring children's health insurance Updated: Feb-09-16 7:50 pm
PHOENIX - A bill to provide health insurance for thousands of Arizona children cleared a hurdle Tuesday as lawmakers unanimously passed a measure to lift the temporary freeze on a program restoring coverage to low-income kids.
- Feb. 29 sentencing for Tucson couple in home imprisonment Updated: Feb-09-16 7:45 pm
TUCSON, Arizona - The sentencing of a Tucson couple convicted of holding their three daughters captive has been pushed back.
- Eloy police: Swiss man dies while skydiving in Arizona Updated: Feb-09-16 6:55 pm
ELOY, Arizona - Authorities say a Swiss man has died while skydiving in Eloy, about 60 miles south of Phoenix.
- Arizona House panel OKs phone ban for young drivers Updated: Feb-09-16 6:49 pm
PHOENIX - An Arizona House panel has advanced a bill banning cellphone use by teenage drivers for the first six months they hold their license.
- Man gets prison term in fatal 2014 Phoenix freeway crash Updated: Feb-09-16 6:02 pm
PHOENIX - A Glendale man who was impaired by marijuana use and driving without a license at the time of a fatal 2014 Phoenix freeway crash has been sentenced to 10 years in prison.
- Brewers pack up truck to prepare for spring training Updated: Feb-09-16 6:01 pm
MILWAUKEE - The Milwaukee Brewers have packed up a moving truck to get ready for spring training.
- Authorities investigate death of Page man on houseboat dock Updated: Feb-09-16 5:05 pm
PAGE, Arizona - Coconino County Sheriff's officials are investigating the death of a Page man who collapsed on a houseboat dock on Lake Powell near the Arizona-Utah border.
- House gives tentative OK to bill outlawing plastic bag bans Updated: Feb-09-16 5:03 pm
PHOENIX - In an effort to get around a lawsuit, the House has given initial approval to a measure revising state law outlawing cities from banning plastic bags.
- Trial date set for owners of Gilbert kennel in 21 dog deaths Updated: Feb-09-16 4:48 pm
PHOENIX - A May 3 trial date has been set for the owners of a Gilbert kennel where 21 dogs died of heat exhaustion in June 2014.
- Ex-Chandler teacher pleads guilty in fatal 2014 crash Updated: Feb-09-16 3:49 pm
CHANDLER, Arizona - A former Chandler elementary school teacher has pleaded guilty to manslaughter and endangerment in a 2014 crash.
- Alleged impaired driver accused in 6-vehicle crash in Peoria Updated: Feb-09-16 3:03 pm
PEORIA, Arizona - Authorities have arrested a Glendale man accused of driving impaired and causing a six-vehicle crash in Peoria that injured seven people.
- Highway getting new bridge over flood-prone wash near Yuma Updated: Feb-09-16 2:59 pm
- Arizona bill aims to give state the right to refuse refugees Updated: Feb-09-16 2:41 pm
PHOENIX - Legislation being proposed by an Arizona House Republican would allow the state to refuse to help resettle refugees if it can't ensure they have been properly screened and vetted for terrorism risks.
- University of Arizona law school opens satellite in China Updated: Feb-09-16 2:32 pm
TUCSON, Arizona - The University of Arizona is partnering with a Chinese university to teach the U.S. legal system to students in Asia.
- House panel passes bill to nullify national defense laws Updated: Feb-09-16 2:22 pm
PHOENIX - Republican lawmakers concerned that Arizona citizens could be held indefinitely without trial passed a measure on Tuesday attempting to block U.S. wartime law.
- Southern Arizona fire started by Air Force training grows Updated: Feb-09-16 2:06 pm
ARIVACA, Arizona - Firefighters in southern Arizona are battling a blaze that started during a training mission involving an airman from Davis-Monthan Air Force Base.
- Man sentenced to prison for death of son left in hot car Updated: Feb-09-16 12:34 pm
PHOENIX - A Phoenix man who pleaded guilty to child abuse in the 2013 death of his 1-year-old son he'd left in a hot car faces more than 20 years in prison.
- Panel OKs bill to allow DCS to ignore some neglect reports Updated: Feb-09-16 11:17 am
PHOENIX - A House panel has approved a bill that would allow the Department of Child Safety to disregard some reports of child neglect.
- Hundreds of pounds of meth found in trailer carrying peppers Updated: Feb-09-16 8:50 am
NOGALES, Arizona - Customs and Border Protection reports that officers at a Nogales crossing found hundreds of packages containing nearly 400 pounds of methamphetamine hidden inside a tractor-trailer rig carrying bell peppers.
- Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport sets new passenger record in 2015 Updated: Feb-09-16 8:08 am
PHOENIX - Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport is reporting a new record for total passengers last year.
- Man sentenced to 14 years for attempted sex trafficking Updated: Feb-09-16 4:01 am
PHOENIX - A Phoenix man who pleaded guilty to attempted sexual trafficking of an underage girl was sentenced to 14 years in federal prison.