- New tests lead to Phoenix freeway shooting case's undoing Updated: May-01-16 11:34 am
PHOENIX - Leslie Merritt Jr. sat in a police interrogation room, unaware of why he had just been swarmed by SWAT officers and whisked away in handcuffs.
- Trump backers yell foul over loss at Arizona GOP convention Updated: May-01-16 5:46 am
PHOENIX - Texas Sen. Ted Cruz pulled out a strategic victory at the Arizona Republican Party convention, nailing down a large majority of delegates to the national convention amid cheating accusations from backers of businessman Donald Trump.
- Greinke solid but Diamondbacks lose late to Rockies Updated: May-01-16 1:22 am
PHOENIX - Brad Ziegler has been as effective a closer as the Arizona Diamondbacks have had in recent years, with 33 consecutive save chances converted and six straight scoreless appearances.
- Story drives in three in Rockies' win over Diamondbacks Updated: May-01-16 12:42 am
PHOENIX - Trevor Story's home run swing is already proven. On Saturday night, the Colorado Rockies rookie sensation showed his ability to get a big hit off a sinker specialist in a clutch situation.
- The Latest: Trump backers yell foul over Arizona party loss Updated: Apr-30-16 9:02 pm
MESA, Arizona - The Latest on the Arizona Republican Party convention (all times local):
- Hiker in southern Arizona attacked by skunk Updated: Apr-30-16 7:27 pm
SIERRA VISTA, Arizona - Cochise County sheriff's officials say a skunk that attacked a hiker is being tested for rabies.
- Pedestrian fatally struck by train in Tucson Updated: Apr-30-16 6:31 pm
TUCSON, Arizona - Tucson police are investigating the death of a man who was hit by a train.
- Cardinals pick Missouri C Evan Boehm in 4th round Updated: Apr-30-16 6:19 pm
TEMPE, Arizona - Anyone who was paying attention knew the Arizona Cardinals were in search of a center, and they got one on the final day of the NFL draft.
- 1 million goldfish dive into Tempe Town Lake near Phoenix Updated: Apr-30-16 3:22 pm
TEMPE, Arizona - More than 1 million goldfish now have a giant fishbowl to call home in a Phoenix suburb.
- 2 dead after ATV crash in north Phoenix Updated: Apr-30-16 2:20 pm
PHOENIX - Police say two people have died after a collision in north Phoenix involving an all-terrain vehicle.
- Deputies fatally shoot suspect in San Tan Valley Updated: Apr-30-16 11:47 am
FLORENCE, Arizona - A man has died in the San Tan Valley area after allegedly trying to run down a Pinal County sheriff's sergeant.
- Major utilities say they're ready to handle Arizona summer Updated: Apr-30-16 11:32 am
PHOENIX - Arizona's major electric utilities are telling state regulators they're positioned to handle the upcoming summer heat and the season's demand on their systems.
- Woman accused of smuggling heroin at border arrested Updated: Apr-30-16 6:11 am
TUCSON, Arizona - Border Patrol agents say a woman was arrested at a Tucson area checkpoint after nearly 7 pounds of heroin was found on her body.
- Agents seize drugs, arrest nearly 60 at Arizona border Updated: Apr-30-16 6:11 am
YUMA, Arizona - Border Patrol agents near Yuma have arrested nearly 60 people trying to illegally enter the U.S.
- House, Senate adjourn without reaching budget deal Updated: Apr-30-16 1:53 am
PHOENIX - The Legislature adjourned for the weekend as negotiations over the state's $9.58 billion budget package fell apart in the House late Friday night before a deal could be reached.
- The Latest: Legislature done for weekend amid budget chaos Updated: Apr-30-16 12:48 am
PHOENIX - The Latest on legislative action an Arizona budget proposal (all times local):
- Pedestrian struck, killed by train in downtown Tucson area Updated: Apr-29-16 9:39 pm
TUCSON, Arizona - Police in Tucson say a pedestrian has been struck and killed by a train in the downtown area.
- Tucson police: Suspicious person with gun seen near school Updated: Apr-29-16 8:51 pm
TUCSON, Arizona - Tucson police detained a person while investigating a report of a suspicious person who allegedly brandished a gun near an elementary school on the city's east side.
- Man pleads guilty in stalking case involving Joe Arpaio Updated: Apr-29-16 8:09 pm
PHOENIX - A man has pleaded guilty to charges of trying to stalk Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio last year.
- Man gets 18-year prison term for fatal Glendale park fight Updated: Apr-29-16 7:11 pm
PHOENIX - A man convicted of second-degree murder for a 2013 fight at a Glendale park has been sentenced to 18 years in prison.
- Phoenix man accused of shooting wife in face during argument Updated: Apr-29-16 6:54 pm
PHOENIX - Authorities say a Phoenix man has been arrested for allegedly shooting his wife in the face during an argument.
- Families of firefighters who died hike path of Yarnell fire Updated: Apr-29-16 4:47 pm
PRESCOTT, Arizona - Family members of 19 firefighters killed in a 2013 Arizona wildfire and fire officials have walked the Hotshots' final route in an effort to learn how to avoid such deaths in the future.
- Feds call for judge to disband police in polygamous towns Updated: Apr-29-16 4:40 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - The police department in a polygamous community on the Utah-Arizona border is inflicted by an entrenched culture of following sect leader edicts at the expense of the constitutional rights of nonbelievers and should be disbanded, the federal government recommended Friday in a new court filing.
- 10 charged in Tennessee with meth distribution, conspiracy Updated: Apr-29-16 4:23 pm
JACKSON, Tennessee - Federal prosecutors say 10 people have been charged with distributing large quantities of methamphetamine transported to West Tennessee from Arizona.
- Not guilty plea in Chandler hit-and-run that injured vet Updated: Apr-29-16 4:01 pm
PHOENIX - A man arrested in a hit-and-run accident that injured a veteran in Chandler last month has pleaded not guilty.