- Trial approaches for former Ala. Senate leader Updated: Mar-07-14 4:12 pm
- Indicted former Ala. senator cites AG's payments Updated: Mar-06-14 6:27 pm
- Fire destroys 130-year-old Ala hotel Updated: Mar-03-14 12:36 pm
- Weather Service confirms multiple tornadoes Updated: Feb-22-14 3:10 pm
- Storms toss boats, damage buildings, topple trees Updated: Feb-21-14 11:02 am
FORT PAYNE, Alabama - A prosecutor said Friday he will show that former Alabama Senate leader Lowell Barron gave $58,000 in campaign funds to campaign aide Rhonda Jill Johnson to help her pay a debt to him and a credit card company.
FORT PAYNE, Alabama - An indicted former state senator accused of making improper payments to a campaign aide has filed court papers citing the attorney general's payments to a campaign staffer.
MENTONE, Alabama - Staring despondently at the smoke that billowed from the 130-year-old Mentone Springs Hotel, general manager Judy Rathel took a cigarette break from the driver's seat of a red GMC Yukon sport utility vehicle.
HUNTSVILLE, Alabama - The National Weather Service says at least four tornadoes touched down in Alabama during this week's storms, including an EF-2 tornado that flung a semitrailer onto the roof of an industrial plant in the Fort Payne area.
HUNTSVILLE, Alabama - A line of severe storms caused sporadic damage in several north Alabama counties, Alabama emergency officials said Friday.