- Northwest Montana reaches 'severe drought' status Updated: Jul-04-15 4:52 pm
KALISPELL, Montana - Northwest Montana has reached "severe drought" status in the U.S. Drought Monitor.
- Red flag warning for northwest Montana Updated: Jul-04-15 11:41 am
MISSOULA, Montana - Red flag warnings have been posted for a large part of northwest Montana, including the Missoula and Kalispell areas.
- First man sentenced from 2014 sex sting Updated: Jul-03-15 2:41 pm
KALISPELL, Montana - A 37-year-old man has been sentenced to five years in prison for sexual abuse of children.
- Suspect in shooting outside Marion bar pleads not guilty Updated: Jul-02-15 11:22 pm
KALISPELL, Montana - A man accused of shooting two people outside a northwest Montana bar has pleaded not guilty.
- Flathead County bans fireworks, including public shows Updated: Jul-02-15 5:52 pm
KALISPELL, Montana - The Flathead County commissioners unanimously voted to ban the use of fireworks throughout the county, on both public and private lands, due to a weekend forecast that calls for warm temperatures and sustained winds.
- Appeals court to hear arguments in Jesus statue dispute Updated: Jul-01-15 6:16 pm
KALISPELL, Montana - A federal appeals court will take up a dispute over whether a 6-foot-tall statue of Jesus should remain on U.S. Forest Service land next to a Montana ski resort.
- Resort tax to jump by 1 percentage point in Whitefish Updated: Jun-30-15 4:31 pm
KALISPELL, Montana - Visitors to a northern Montana ski destination are going to be paying a little more for lodging and other items Wednesday when its resort tax increases.
- Washington state man charged for marijuana on Amtrak Updated: Jun-29-15 11:08 am
KALISPELL, Montana - A Washington state man faces drug charges after he reportedly claimed two bags containing 12 pounds of marijuana from the Amtrak station in Whitefish.
- Scuba diving in Montana reveals underwater frontier Updated: Jun-27-15 5:13 pm
MARION, Montana - The calm evening sheen of McGregor Lake filled the backdrop as Mike Ferda climbed into a burly waterproof suit bristling with hoses and valves. Before strapping on a 30-pound oxygen tank and pulling on his mask, he spit in the lenses.
- Ex-tax preparer sentenced for stealing Updated: Jun-27-15 1:34 pm
KALISPELL, Montana - A 29-year-old Bigfork woman who stole money from a customer while working as a tax preparer in Kalispell has received a five-year sentence.
- Alaska fugitive, Marion man arrested in truck theft Updated: Jun-25-15 11:59 am
KALISPELL, Montana - An Alaska fugitive suspected in a vehicle theft in northwestern Montana gave law enforcement officers the driver's license of a man who has been missing since February.
- 3 injured in plane crash at Montana wilderness airstrip Updated: Jun-23-15 5:30 pm
KALISPELL, Montana - Three men were injured when an airplane crashed near an airstrip in the Great Bear Wilderness in northwestern Montana.
- Kalispell man charged with attempted homicide after crash Updated: Jun-23-15 12:53 pm
BUTTE, Montana - A 43-year-old Kalispell man is charged with attempted deliberate homicide after another man reported he ran him off the road in Butte.
- Lead engine of train hauling empty oil cars catches fire Updated: Jun-22-15 1:38 pm
KALISPELL, Montana - The lead engine of an eastbound train pulling empty oil cars caught fire near Columbia Falls. No one was injured.
- Sun Road fully opens through Glacier National Park Updated: Jun-19-15 11:59 pm
KALISPELL, Montana - Glacier National Park officials have opened the entire length of the iconic Going-to-the-Sun Road to vehicles.
- Man sentenced for Kalispell abortion clinic break-in Updated: Jun-18-15 8:19 pm
KALISPELL, Montana - A Flathead County judge on Thursday ordered a Columbia Falls man to spend five years in prison and repay hundreds of thousands of dollars for vandalizing a Kalispell abortion clinic last year.
- Teen who died in police pursuit was driving stolen vehicle Updated: Jun-15-15 4:58 pm
KALISPELL, Montana - Law enforcement officers in northwestern Montana say a 15-year-old boy who died after crashing a pickup truck during a police pursuit was driving a stolen vehicle.
- Judge sentences Whitefish man for arson Updated: Jun-13-15 12:10 pm
KALISPELL, Montana - A 35-year-old Whitefish man has been sentenced for setting his ex-girlfriend's house on fire in 2013.
- Group says Montana tourists spent $3.9 billion in 2014 Updated: Jun-10-15 12:12 pm
KALISPELL, Montana - A tourism research group says visitors spent $3.9 billion in Montana last year.
- Man drowns while surfing North Fork of Flathead River Updated: Jun-09-15 5:02 pm
KALISPELL, Montana - A 30-year-old Utah man has drowned while trying to "river surf" in northwestern Montana, just west of Glacier National Park.
- Columbia Falls man dies after tractor rolls over him Updated: Jun-09-15 4:23 pm
KALISPELL, Montana - A Columbia Falls man died after the tractor he was working on rolled over him.
- Eureka man pleads guilty to robbery Updated: Jun-08-15 12:44 pm
KALISPELL, Montana - An 18-year-old Eureka man has pleaded guilty to robbery for stealing money from an undercover agent during a drug sting.
- Omaha doctor dies in Montana car crash Updated: Jun-08-15 9:36 am
KALISPELL, Montana - A 68-year-old physician from Omaha, Nebraska, was killed in a weekend vehicle crash in northwestern Montana.