- Delta evacuates jet in Atlanta due to cabin smoke Updated: Apr-15-14 10:19 pm
- Smoke reported in plane's cabin at Atlanta airport Updated: Apr-15-14 8:52 pm
- Burned body of missing DeKalb County man recovered Updated: Apr-15-14 7:52 pm
- Tree falls on metro Atlanta house, 2 women rescued Updated: Apr-15-14 7:13 pm
- Ga. judge won't stop new Vidalia onion rule Updated: Apr-15-14 6:55 pm
- Falling glass prompts Atlanta street closure Updated: Apr-15-14 4:50 pm
- Georgia officials approve tuition increases Updated: Apr-15-14 4:50 pm
- Authorities looking for suspects in NC kidnapping Updated: Apr-15-14 3:23 pm
- Aaron's buys Progressive Finance, cuts outlook Updated: Apr-15-14 8:46 am
- Police probe killing of college student Updated: Apr-15-14 7:25 am
- Eastern bongo gives birth at Zoo Atlanta Updated: Apr-15-14 4:35 am
- Douglas-Roberts lifts Bobcats past Hawks 95-93 Updated: Apr-14-14 11:12 pm
- Ga. lawmaker proposes honor for traffic reporter Updated: Apr-14-14 7:22 pm
- Bobcats' Kemba Walker returns from groin injury Updated: Apr-14-14 6:52 pm
- Hawks add Turner exec Koonin to bolster profile Updated: Apr-14-14 5:54 pm
- MLK estate hires new lawyers in ownership dispute Updated: Apr-14-14 4:44 pm
- Atlanta Public Schools hires new superintendent Updated: Apr-14-14 4:38 pm
- MLS, Atlanta planning 'major announcement' Updated: Apr-14-14 11:20 am
- Metro Atlanta apartment fire forces evacuations Updated: Apr-14-14 7:37 am
- Man found shot dead behind metro Atlanta townhomes Updated: Apr-14-14 5:44 am
- Nationals place Zimmerman on DL Updated: Apr-13-14 2:21 pm
- Ga. boy run over after jumping from pickup truck Updated: Apr-13-14 12:04 pm
- Hawks top Heat 98-85, get East's last playoff spot Updated: Apr-12-14 11:24 pm
- Nats 3B Zimmerman has broken thumb, out 4-6 weeks Updated: Apr-12-14 11:21 pm
- Atlanta traffic reporter Herb Emory dies Updated: Apr-12-14 10:02 pm
ATLANTA - Passengers were evacuated from a domestic Delta Air Lines flight Tuesday after a "smoky odor" was detected in the cockpit and main cabin due to what was later determined to be a burned-out fan.
ATLANTA - Fire officials say a Delta Air Lines jet at the Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport has been evacuated after a report of smoke in the cabin.
LOVEJOY, Georgia - Authorities in Clayton County are investigating the death of a metro Atlanta man who was found dead after being tied up and lit on fire.
MARIETTA, Georgia - Two women who were trapped when a tree fell onto a house in suburban Atlanta have been rescued and taken to a local hospital.
REIDSVILLE, Georgia - A Georgia judge Tuesday refused to intervene in a legal battle between a prominent Vidalia onion farmer and the state's agriculture commissioner over a new regulation aimed at keeping unripe onions from reaching store shelves.
ATLANTA - Emergency officials are responding to a report of glass falling from a downtown Atlanta office building.
DAHLONEGA, Georgia - Tuition is going up for Georgia students at all 31 state colleges and universities under a budget plan approved Tuesday by the state Board of Regents, including the largest increase of $372 more per semester for Georgia Tech undergraduates.
ATLANTA - A federal prosecutor said agents were still looking for more suspects in the abduction of a North Carolina prosecutor's father as a judge denied bond Tuesday for five people arrested last week.
ATLANTA - Furniture leasing company Aaron's has agreed to buy online rent-to-own finance company Progressive Finance Holdings for $700 million in cash in a bid to turn around its business even as it cut its first-quarter outlook.
COLLEGE PARK, Georgia - Police south of Atlanta are investigating the killing of a technical college student.
ATLANTA - Zoo Atlanta officials say an endangered eastern bongo has given birth to a male calf.
ATLANTA - One team was motivated by the goal of dodging the Miami Heat in the first round of the playoffs. The other team's goal was resting its starters.
ATLANTA - A Georgia state senator plans to propose renaming a metro Atlanta highway interchange after a reporter who kept watch over local roads for decades.
ATLANTA - Steve Koonin has cheered on the Atlanta Hawks surrounded by thousands of empty seats. He's cheered them on when the place was rockin'.
ATLANTA - The estate of Martin Luther King Jr. has hired a new legal team after a judge disqualified its lawyers from participating in a dispute over the ownership of King's Bible and Nobel Peace Prize.
ATLANTA - The Atlanta school board has unanimously approved Meria Carstarphen to serve as the district's next superintendent.
ATLANTA - Major League Soccer and Falcons owner Arthur Blank are planning a "major announcement" Wednesday on a proposed expansion team to play in Atlanta's new downtown stadium.
NORCROSS, Georgia - Firefighters in metro Atlanta are trying to determine what caused a large fire to break out inside an apartment building where many residents had to be evacuated before dawn.
NORCROSS, Georgia - Police in metro Atlanta are investigating after a man was found shot dead behind a complex of townhomes in Gwinnett County.
ATLANTA - Third baseman Ryan Zimmeran tried to put a positive spin on his broken right thumb and the Washington Nationals' list of injuries.
BUFORD, Georgia - Gwinnett County police say a 6-year-old boy has died after jumping from the back of his father's pickup truck.
ATLANTA - Jeff Teague says he never doubted the Atlanta Hawks would be in the playoffs.
ATLANTA - Washington Nationals third baseman Ryan Zimmerman is expected to miss four to six weeks after breaking his right thumb against the Atlanta Braves.
ATLANTA - WSB-TV reports that its longtime traffic reporter "Captain" Herb Emory has died.