- Former powerhouse Braves struggling to finish a lost season Updated: Aug-27-15 7:47 pm
ATLANTA - This was not unexpected. Not after the Atlanta Braves traded away just about anyone with a major league pulse.
- Falcons' McKay reinstated to NFL Competition Committee Updated: Aug-27-15 7:06 pm
FLOWERY BRANCH, Georgia - Atlanta Falcons team president Rich McKay has been reinstated as chairman of the NFL's powerful Competition Committee, the league said Thursday, after a nearly five-month suspension for the use of artificial noise at the Georgia Dome during games.
- Youth soccer coach arrested on child pornography charges Updated: Aug-27-15 4:26 pm
MARIETTA, Georgia - Police say a youth soccer coach was arrested on child pornography charges in suburban Atlanta.
- Watershed management to launch 'No Wipes in Pipes' campaign Updated: Aug-27-15 11:52 am
ATLANTA - Atlanta's Department of Watershed Management is launching a campaign to bring awareness to how flushing wipes affect the sewer systems.
- Metro Atlanta's jobless rate rises slightly to 6.1 percent Updated: Aug-27-15 5:52 am
ATLANTA - State labor officials say metro Atlanta's unemployment rate has risen slightly, up to 6.1 percent.
- Miller can't stop winless streak, Rockies beat Braves 6-3 Updated: Aug-26-15 11:50 pm
ATLANTA - Everything was in place for Shelby Miller to end his frustrating winless streak. And then everything fell apart in the seventh inning.
- Barnes has 3 hits to lead Rockies to 6-3 win over Braves Updated: Aug-26-15 11:33 pm
ATLANTA - The Colorado Rockies thought they missed their opportunity against Atlanta starter Shelby Miller. In the seventh inning, Miller gave them a second chance.
- Astros top last year's win total, beat Yankees 6-2 Updated: Aug-26-15 9:01 pm
NEW YORK - A green laser beam bounced around a fog-filled clubhouse, music blared from all corners of the darkened room. It's a postgame party that's becoming commonplace with these Houston Astros.
- Pineda returns, chased in 5th as Yankees fall to Astros Updated: Aug-26-15 7:02 pm
NEW YORK - A little bunt caused a big problem for Michael Pineda and the New York Yankees.
- Falcons sign Grossman to compete for backup quarterback job Updated: Aug-26-15 5:47 pm
FLOWERY BRANCH, Georgia - Rex Grossman believes he has a couple more seasons left in him.
- Robbery of McDonald's workers, patrons prompts SWAT response Updated: Aug-26-15 7:55 am
KENNESAW, Georgia - Police are searching for a gunman who demanded money from customers at a McDonald's store northwest of Atlanta, prompting a Special Weapons and Tactics team to respond to the store.
- Dream cruise to 71-57 victory over Sun Updated: Aug-25-15 3:17 pm
- Chattahoochee plan stokes fear downstream from Atlanta Updated: Aug-25-15 12:35 pm
WHITESBURG, Georgia - State environmental officials will vote Wednesday to allow less Chattahoochee River water, at times, to flow below Atlanta, a proposal that angers downstream communities that fear a return to the 1990s when the big city's sewage discharges polluted their lives.
- Newborn baby found outside house; police search for mother Updated: Aug-25-15 6:35 am
ATLANTA - Atlanta police say they're searching for the mother of a newborn baby left outside a house on the city's southwest side.
- Police search for suspects after man shot during robbery Updated: Aug-25-15 5:52 am
ATLANTA - Atlanta police are searching for five suspects they say kicked in the door of a home and shot a man inside during an early-morning robbery.
- Water main break closes major route through Atlanta suburbs Updated: Aug-25-15 5:46 am
SUWANEE, Georgia - A major thoroughfare through Atlanta's northeast suburbs was shut down as crews worked to repair a water main break.
- De La Rosa gives up 2 HRs in Rockies' 5-3 loss to Braves Updated: Aug-24-15 11:27 pm
ATLANTA - A fat first-inning pitch to Jonny Gomes set the stage for Jorge De La Rosa's struggles with his command.
- Bettis comes off DL, set to start for Rockies on Tuesday Updated: Aug-24-15 6:52 pm
ATLANTA - The Colorado Rockies have reinstated right-hander Chad Bettis from the disabled list and optioned right-hander David Hale to Triple-A Albuquerque.
- Braves recall Bethancourt, Marimon from Triple-A Gwinnett Updated: Aug-24-15 3:18 pm
ATLANTA - The Atlanta Braves have recalled right-hander Sugar Ray Marimon and catcher Christian Bethancourt from Triple-A Gwinnett.
- Falcons new home will be known as Mercedes-Benz Stadium Updated: Aug-24-15 11:33 am
ATLANTA - The Atlanta Falcons will share a stadium name with their biggest rival.
- Southern buying AGL Resources for about $7.93 billion Updated: Aug-24-15 11:16 am
ATLANTA - Southern Co. is buying AGL Resources Inc. for approximately $7.93 billion, which would create the second-biggest utility company in the U.S. by customer base.
- MARTA plans public hearings on route modifications Updated: Aug-24-15 4:05 am
ATLANTA - Metro Atlanta's transit system plans to hold a series of public hearings to gather input on proposed route modifications.
- Falcons WR Roddy White to have minor surgery on elbow Updated: Aug-23-15 5:44 pm
ATLANTA - Roddy White will undergo a minor surgical procedure on his right elbow, Atlanta coach Dan Quinn announced Sunday, thought the long-time Falcons receiver should be ready for the Sept. 14 season opener against Philadelphia.
- Police investigate fatal shooting of man found inside car Updated: Aug-23-15 4:13 pm
FAIRBURN, Georgia - Fulton County police are investigating a fatal shooting of a man found inside a wrecked car southwest of Atlanta.
- Flags to half-staff for late civil rights leader Julian Bond Updated: Aug-22-15 10:59 am
ATLANTA - Gov. Nathan Deal is ordering flags to fly half-staff to honor late civil rights leader Julian Bond on same day his family scatters his ashes.