- Falcons add more defensive help with Minnesota LB Campbell Updated: Apr-30-16 7:37 pm
FLOWERY BRANCH, Georgia - For the second straight year, defense was the early priority in the NFL draft for coach Dan Quinn and the Atlanta Falcons.
- Funeral arrangements set for former police chief Williams Updated: Apr-29-16 6:31 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Funeral arrangements are set for former Philadelphia and Los Angeles police chief Willie L. Williams.
- Agassi to face Bruguera in Atlanta Open exhibition Updated: Apr-29-16 11:27 am
ATLANTA - Andre Agassi will face Sergi Bruguera in an exhibition as part of the Atlanta Open on July 31, providing a rematch of the 1996 Olympics gold medal final in Atlanta.
- Newell Brands beats Street 1Q forecasts Updated: Apr-29-16 11:03 am
ATLANTA - Newell Brands Inc. (NWL) on Friday reported first-quarter net income of $40.5 million.
- Nigerian princess seeks funds to help Boko Haram survivors Updated: Apr-29-16 3:26 am
ATLANTA - It pains Nigerian princess Modupe Ozolua every time she hears about the suicide bombings, killings and kidnappings by the Boko Haram militant group in her ancestral homeland.
- UPS 1st-quarter profit rises 10 percent, beating forecasts Updated: Apr-28-16 1:39 pm
DALLAS - United Parcel Service Inc. said Thursday that first-quarter profit rose 10 percent to $1.13 billion, helped by an increase in both ground shipments and next-day air deliveries in the United States.
- Police: Katt Williams charged with battery in Georgia Updated: Apr-28-16 12:52 pm
ATLANTA - Comedian and actor Katt Williams was arrested after he threw a salt shaker at a restaurant manager, police in an Atlanta suburb said Thursday.
- Beazer Homes 2Q loss narrows as revenue improves Updated: Apr-28-16 7:14 am
ATLANTA - Beazer's fiscal second-quarter loss narrowed as revenue improved and homes sold at higher prices.
- Police officer fatally shoots machete-holding man in Atlanta Updated: Apr-27-16 6:47 pm
ATLANTA - A metro Atlanta police officer shot and killed a man who appeared to have a machete during a confrontation with the officer.
- Willie Williams, trailblazing top cop for 2 cities, dies Updated: Apr-27-16 5:58 pm
ATLANTA - Willie L. Williams, who was the first black police chief in Philadelphia and in Los Angeles, where he took over in the wake of the Rodney King riots, has died. He was 72.
- Officials: 10-year-old boy pulled from hotel pool dies Updated: Apr-27-16 4:52 pm
ATLANTA - Officials say a 10-year-old boy who was pulled from a pool at an Atlanta hotel has died.
- Police: Officer shoots, kills man with machete or knife Updated: Apr-27-16 1:32 pm
DECATUR, Georgia - Police in metro Atlanta say an officer shot and killed a man who appeared to have a knife or machete during a confrontation with the officer.
- Southern Co.'s 1Q adj. profit tops analysts' expectations Updated: Apr-27-16 8:38 am
ATLANTA - Southern's first-quarter adjusted profit beat analysts' expectations, helped partly by lower operating expenses.
- Losses mount as Braves' home-run drought reaches 15 games Updated: Apr-27-16 2:24 am
ATLANTA - The message in the Braves clubhouse Tuesday night added a fitting final insult to a dismal homestand:
- With big turnaround, Hawks beat Celtics 110-83 for 3-2 lead Updated: Apr-27-16 12:21 am
ATLANTA - Talk about a stunning turnaround.
- David Price fans 14 as Red Sox embarrass Braves, 11-4 Updated: Apr-26-16 10:54 pm
ATLANTA - David Price had a simple summary of his domination of the overmatched Atlanta Braves.
- Immigrant students seek in-state tuition in Georgia Updated: Apr-26-16 5:18 pm
ATLANTA - A group of young people who were brought to the U.S. illegally as children and who have been granted temporary permission to stay is asking a judge to order the Georgia university system to allow them to pay in-state tuition.
- Selfies with suburban Atlanta gator? Bad idea, police warn Updated: Apr-26-16 10:46 am
PEACHTREE CITY, Georgia - Fearing Snapchat could take an ugly turn toward "snap chomp," police are warning people not to take selfies with an alligator in suburban Atlanta.
- Governor signs measure to ensure faster rape kit testing Updated: Apr-26-16 10:33 am
ATLANTA - Gov. Nathan Deal has signed legislation aimed at ensuring that rape kits for sexual assault victims are processed quickly.
- Man survives being shot multiple times in robbery attempt Updated: Apr-26-16 8:24 am
ATLANTA - A man has survived after being shot three times while walking to a store in northeast Atlanta in what police believe was an attempted robbery.
- Civil rights attorney, federal judge Horace Ward dead at 88 Updated: Apr-25-16 6:18 pm
ATLANTA - A civil rights lawyer who became Georgia's first black federal court judge has died.
- 2 shot, killed outside northwest Atlanta Burger King Updated: Apr-25-16 6:54 am
ATLANTA - Police are investigating a fatal double shooting that occurred in a northwest Atlanta Burger King parking lot.
- DeGrom makes successful return, Mets sweep Braves Updated: Apr-24-16 6:16 pm
ATLANTA - Back on the mound, Jacob deGrom was back in control.
- Prince's final shows: intimate, playful with a Bowie tribute Updated: Apr-24-16 5:37 pm
ATLANTA - The crowd at Atlanta's Fox Theater was on its feet screaming. Prince had already taken an encore, but he'd only played for just over an hour and he hadn't even played "Purple Rain."
- Teenage girl shot in the back during block party in Georgia Updated: Apr-24-16 1:58 pm
STOCKBRIDGE, Georgia - Police say a 16-year-old girl was shot during a block party near an apartment in suburban Atlanta.