- Braves planning new Hank Aaron statue in SunTrust Park Updated: Feb-12-16 5:42 pm
ATLANTA - The Atlanta Braves say they are planning a new Hank Aaron statue at SunTrust Park, which will open in 2017.
- Chipper Jones, Hines Ward in Georgia Hall of Fame class Updated: Feb-12-16 3:02 pm
MACON, Georgia - Former Atlanta Braves star Chipper Jones and four-time Pro Bowler Hines Ward are among eight who will be inducted into the Georgia Sports Hall of Fame this month.
- Man charged with murder in Georgia lawman's shooting death Updated: Feb-12-16 2:36 pm
ATLANTA - A suspect accused of gunning down a Georgia lawman has been charged with murder in the death of the 25-year police veteran. The fallen officer was struck by two shots as he helped colleagues serve a "no knock" search warrant at an apartment complex near Atlanta, authorities said Friday.
- Atlanta woman climbs oak tree to fight its removal Updated: Feb-12-16 1:21 pm
ATLANTA - An Atlanta woman spent an entire day in an old oak tree to protect it from Georgia Power chain saws.
- The Latest: Man charged with murder in officer's killing Updated: Feb-12-16 12:40 pm
RIVERDALE, Georgia - The Latest on a police officer shot to death in the Atlanta suburb of Riverdale, Georgia (all times local):
- Man sentenced to prison for impersonating US Marshal Updated: Feb-12-16 5:50 am
ATLANTA - An Atlanta-area man will be serving about one year in prison for impersonating a United States Marshal.
- Braves sign veteran RHP Carlos Torres to minor-league deal Updated: Feb-11-16 6:19 pm
- Feds accuse prison guards of taking bribes, drug trafficking Updated: Feb-11-16 4:59 pm
ATLANTA - Dozens of Georgia prison guards agreed to protect drug smuggling operations for a high-level trafficker, believing their status as correctional officers would protect them from a vehicle search if they were stopped by police, authorities said Thursday. In exchange, they received thousands of dollars in bribes.
- Falcons early PSL sales blow projections 'out of the water' Updated: Feb-11-16 3:25 pm
ATLANTA - Personal seat license sales for the Atlanta Falcons' new stadium have surpassed expectations set by the firm handling the process for the team.
- Store robbery leads to police chase, crash near Six Flags Updated: Feb-11-16 8:42 am
DOUGLASVILLE, Georgia - Sheriff's deputies say they've apprehended one suspect and were searching for another after a store robbery led to a police chase and crash just west of Atlanta.
- Coca-Cola Enterprises beats 4Q profit forecasts Updated: Feb-11-16 7:47 am
ATLANTA - Coca-Cola Enterprises Inc. (CCE) on Thursday reported fourth-quarter net income of $156 million.
- Temperatures to plunge as arctic air moves into Georgia Updated: Feb-11-16 6:58 am
ATLANTA - Forecasters say they expect some of the coldest temperatures of the winter season across north Georgia when arctic air moves into the region, dropping temperatures to around 15 degrees in some parts of the mountains.
- Students call for Atlanta high school to be renamed Updated: Feb-11-16 5:53 am
ATLANTA - The newspaper staff at Atlanta's Grady High School is calling for the removal of their school's name.
- Atlanta airport adds private pods for breast-feeding mothers Updated: Feb-10-16 11:41 am
ATLANTA - Authorities at the world's busiest airport say four lactation pods are now available for nursing mothers as they travel.
- Court: No new trial after judge mistakenly declares mistrial Updated: Feb-10-16 7:03 am
ATLANTA - A woman pleaded with the Georgia Supreme Court not to let the man accused of killing her mother go free because of a judge's mistake during his murder trial.
- Falcons owner Blank to have surgery for prostate cancer Updated: Feb-09-16 4:18 pm
ATLANTA - Atlanta Falcons owner Arthur Blank is planning surgery for what he says is a treatable form of prostate cancer.
- House committee OKs civil rights bill without LGBT inclusion Updated: Feb-09-16 3:51 pm
ATLANTA - A Georgia House committee has approved a bill preventing businesses from discriminating based on race, nationality, sex or religion.
- House panel approves felony for aborted fetal tissue sale Updated: Feb-09-16 3:06 pm
ATLANTA - A Georgia House committee has approved a bill that would make selling aborted fetal tissue a felony.
- Welcome to the 'agrihood': homes built around working farms Updated: Feb-09-16 10:53 am
Gated communities with houses clustered around golf courses, swimming pools, party rooms and fitness centers are common in many suburban areas. But homes built adjacent to functioning farms?
- Georgia law giving police grand jury access may face change Updated: Feb-09-16 4:51 am
ATLANTA - After a naked, mentally ill black veteran was shot dead by a white police officer last March in an Atlanta suburb, the officer was allowed a privilege ordinary citizens don't get, and even police officers don't get anywhere except in Georgia: He sat in on the grand jury session considering the shooting and addressed the grand jurors without facing cross-examination.
- Atlanta Botanical Garden asks court to dismiss gun lawsuit Updated: Feb-09-16 4:37 am
ATLANTA - A lawyer for the Atlanta Botanical Garden has asked Georgia's highest court to reject a lawsuit that argues that the garden can't order people carrying guns to leave the property if they have valid licenses to carry weapons.
- Vucevic leads Magic comeback for 117-110 OT win over Hawks Updated: Feb-08-16 11:51 pm
ATLANTA - A big comeback gave the Orlando Magic their second win over the Hawks in two days and renewed belief they can stage a similar rally in their season.
- Falcons cut 2 defensive starters: S Moore and LB Durant Updated: Feb-08-16 5:16 pm
FLOWERY BRANCH, Georgia - The Atlanta Falcons started their offseason overhaul Monday by releasing a pair of defensive starters: longtime safety William Moore and linebacker Justin Durant.
- Falcons hire former Chiefs assistant GM Joel Collier Updated: Feb-08-16 3:09 pm
FLOWERY BRANCH, Georgia - The Atlanta Falcons continue to shake up their front office, hiring Joel Collier as director of pro personnel.
- 1 person dies in a single-vehicle crash in southeast Atlanta Updated: Feb-07-16 3:53 pm
ATLANTA - Police say a person has died in a single-vehicle crash on an interstate in southeast Atlanta.