- Travelers take to the roads and the skies for Thanksgiving Updated: Nov-25-15 7:11 pm
LOS ANGELES - The big Thanksgiving getaway went into full swing Wednesday with drivers delighted by the lowest November gas prices in years and many airline passengers undaunted by terrorism fears and long lines at security checkpoints.
- Falcons not overly concerned by QB Matt Ryan's recent slump Updated: Nov-25-15 5:34 pm
FLOWERY BRANCH, Georgia - Matt Ryan has made some plays he'd like to have back. He's done plenty of good things, as well.
- Student sues Ga. Tech after expulsion for sexual misconduct Updated: Nov-25-15 4:06 pm
ATLANTA - A Georgia Tech student expelled in April after a sexual misconduct investigation has filed a lawsuit alleging that the review was unfair and violated his rights.
- Police probe killing after man found dead inside home Updated: Nov-25-15 11:02 am
LAWRENCEVILLE, Georgia - Police are investigating the killing of a man whose body was found inside a home in the Lawrenceville area outside Atlanta.
- Millsap, Teague pace Hawks to 121-97 win over Boston Updated: Nov-24-15 11:46 pm
ATLANTA - Jeff Teague has been waiting for the Atlanta Hawks to break out of their slump.
- Hawks retire Mutombo's No. 55 Updated: Nov-24-15 10:08 pm
ATLANTA - The Atlanta Hawks retired Dikembe Mutombo's No. 55 jersey Tuesday night to honor the longtime shot blocker's Hall of Fame enshrinement.
- Death of 9-month-old child ruled a homicide Updated: Nov-24-15 7:40 pm
ATLANTA - Atlanta police say the death of an infant has been ruled a homicide.
- Carpenter, Lavarnway agree to minor league deals with Braves Updated: Nov-24-15 4:25 pm
ATLANTA - Right-hander David Carpenter has agreed to a minor league contract with the Atlanta Braves.
- Man accused of assaulting customs officer at Atlanta airport Updated: Nov-24-15 3:36 pm
ATLANTA - Federal prosecutors say a man is charged with assaulting a customs officer at Atlanta's airport.
- Police: Uber driver led officers to hotel shooting suspects Updated: Nov-24-15 2:43 pm
STONE MOUNTAIN, Georgia - Police say an Uber driver led them to three suspects after a shooting at an Atlanta-area hotel that left one person with life-threatening injuries.
- Atlanta reveals 3 bidders for Turner Field redevelopment Updated: Nov-24-15 10:57 am
ATLANTA - Three groups, including Georgia State University, have submitted bids to acquire all or part of Turner Field, according to the recreation authority overseeing the sale and redevelopment of the ballpark.
- 7 hurt when dump truck collides with public bus in Atlanta Updated: Nov-24-15 10:30 am
ATLANTA - Authorities say seven people were being taken to a hospital after a dump truck collided with a public bus.
- Hawks' Budenholzer fined $25,000 for contact with official Updated: Nov-23-15 9:45 pm
ATLANTA - Hawks coach Mike Budenholzer apologized Monday for bumping an official, an incident that drew a $25,000 fine from the NBA and led to a call from the referees' union that he be suspended.
- Atlanta eliminated from General Electric's headquarters hunt Updated: Nov-23-15 7:33 pm
ATLANTA - General Electric will not be moving its headquarters to Georgia.
- Falcons' promising season in freefall after 3rd loss in row Updated: Nov-23-15 5:52 pm
FLOWERY BRANCH, Georgia - A team that wins its first five games almost always makes the NFL playoffs.
- Execution date set for Georgia man convicted in 1992 slaying Updated: Nov-23-15 2:45 pm
ATLANTA - A Georgia death row inmate convicted of stealing checks from and then killing a friend of his mother is set to be put to death next month.
- Vinatieri's late 43-yard FG lifts Colts past Falcons, 24-21 Updated: Nov-23-15 2:41 am
ATLANTA - Pat McAfee can't believe Adam Vinatieri is still making game-winning kicks.
- Vinatieri kicks another winner, Colts beat Falcons 24-21 Updated: Nov-22-15 6:26 pm
ATLANTA - The ol' geezers came through for the Indianapolis Colts.
- Falcons squander lead, lose another close one to Colts 24-21 Updated: Nov-22-15 6:20 pm
ATLANTA - The season began with such promise for the Atlanta Falcons.
- Georgia college students chosen as Rhodes scholars Updated: Nov-22-15 4:41 pm
ATLANTA - Two college students from Georgia are among 32 in the United States who have been named Rhodes scholars.
- Army veteran and his family get keys to new Marietta home Updated: Nov-22-15 10:40 am
MARIETTA, Georgia - Donnell Davis served his country in the U.S. Army for eight years.
- Georgia to hire auditing firm after voters' data released Updated: Nov-20-15 8:41 pm
ATLANTA - Georgia's secretary of state said Friday that he will hire auditing firm Ernst & Young to review the entire office, days after a lawsuit revealed that news media and political parties had received the Social Security numbers and other personal information about Georgia's 6 million voters.
- Man accused of firing at Lil Wayne's tour buses gets prison Updated: Nov-20-15 4:52 pm
MARIETTA, Georgia - A man accused of shooting into Lil Wayne's tour buses on a Georgia highway has been sentenced to 10 years in prison.
- Georgia executes man convicted in 1994 slaying Updated: Nov-19-15 11:26 pm
JACKSON, Georgia - A man convicted of killing a woman he met at a Georgia nightclub was put to death Thursday after losing a last-minute round of appeals.
- Authorities: Man charged in southwest Atlanta shooting death Updated: Nov-19-15 6:18 am
ATLANTA - Authorities say a 26-year-old man has been charged in connection with the shooting death of another man in southwest Atlanta.