- Denis Kudla beats Jack Sock 7-6 (6), 6-3 in Atlanta Open Updated: Jul-30-15 6:45 pm
ATLANTA - Ukrainian qualifier Denis Kudla upset third-seeded Jack Sock 7-6 (6), 6-3 on Thursday in the Atlanta Open, and No. 6 Steve Johnson and No. 8 Benjamin Becker also tumbled out.
- Dodgers bolster pitching in huge deal with Braves, Marlins Updated: Jul-30-15 6:35 pm
- Hawks coach enjoying time in Africa after hectic summer Updated: Jul-30-15 6:04 pm
ATLANTA - After a hectic start to the summer, Mike Budenholzer is doing important work in Africa while relishing some quality time with his wife and kids.
- Confederate flags left near Rev. Martin Luther King's church Updated: Jul-30-15 5:16 pm
ATLANTA - Police worked Thursday to identify two white males who were caught on surveillance camera laying Confederate battle flags neatly on the ground near the Rev. Martin Luther King Jr.'s church.
- Democrats consider distance from Jefferson, Jackson Updated: Jul-30-15 4:45 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Democratic parties in the three states that start the presidential nominating process are exploring ending their association with two former White House occupants: Thomas Jefferson and Andrew Jackson.
- The Latest: Police: Hate crime not ruled out over MLK flags Updated: Jul-30-15 12:59 pm
ATLANTA - The latest on the investigation into Confederate flags found at the Ebenezer Baptist Church near the Martin Luther King Jr. Center in Atlanta:
- Salesman sentenced for defrauding NBA legend Dr. J, others Updated: Jul-30-15 11:46 am
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - A luxury car salesman has been sentenced to 80 months in federal prison for defrauding former NBA player Julius "Dr. J" Erving and others.
- Coca-Cola Enterprises beats Street 2Q forecasts Updated: Jul-30-15 8:04 am
ATLANTA - Coca-Cola Enterprises Inc. (CCE) on Thursday reported second-quarter net income of $176 million.
- Thieves steal from school for special-needs students Updated: Jul-30-15 7:01 am
SANDY SPRINGS, Georgia - A metro Atlanta school that serves autistic children is without many of its supplies after thieves stole thousands of dollars in equipment with just days until classes start.
- Disguised metro Atlanta police crackdown on texting drivers Updated: Jul-29-15 7:50 pm
MARIETTA, Georgia - A metro Atlanta police department is using disguised officers to try catching drivers who are texting behind the wheel.
- 2 Memphis men indicted in Georgia on home invasion charges Updated: Jul-29-15 1:41 pm
ATLANTA - Two Tennessee men have been indicted on charges stemming from a home invasion in Atlanta's Buckhead neighborhood, federal prosecutors say.
- Southern Co. beats 2Q profit forecasts Updated: Jul-29-15 7:32 am
ATLANTA - Southern Co. (SO) on Wednesday reported second-quarter net income of $643 million.
- Man, 71, shot to death outside Family Dollar store Updated: Jul-29-15 6:34 am
ATLANTA - Police are investigating the shooting death of a 71-year-old man in the parking lot of a Family Dollar store in northwest Atlanta.
- Georgia sues over distribution of state law annotations Updated: Jul-28-15 6:11 pm
ATLANTA - The state of Georgia is asking a judge to force a nonprofit organization to stop copying and distributing copies of annotations to the state's legal code.
- Ex-prison guard accused of forcing inmates to have sex Updated: Jul-28-15 12:47 pm
ATLANTA - A former high-ranking corrections officer at a southeast Georgia women's prison used his position of power to prey on inmates, targeting their vulnerabilities and forcing them to have sex with him, according to investigators.
- UPS 2Q profit beats Street as overseas business improves Updated: Jul-28-15 9:10 am
ATLANTA - Overseas business helped UPS during its second quarter, as did the absence of a hefty charge recorded a year ago.
- Fire crews find body while dousing blaze at mobile home Updated: Jul-28-15 8:16 am
ATLANTA - Authorities say a body was found after firefighters extinguished a blaze at a mobile home on the city's south side.
- Residents say sweltering heat persists at Atlanta apartments Updated: Jul-28-15 7:50 am
ATLANTA - Residents of an Atlanta apartment building say the sweltering heat inside is continuing, despite assurances from the building's managers that the air conditioning has been fixed.
- Plans for Army base could include museum, amphitheater Updated: Jul-28-15 7:32 am
ATLANTA - Filmmaker Tyler Perry's plans for a sprawling movie studio at Fort McPherson may include an amphitheater and a museum, according to documents obtained by The Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
- Stray bullet kills woman, 81, as she played cards on porch Updated: Jul-28-15 6:40 am
ATLANTA - Authorities say a stray bullet killed an 81-year-old woman as she played cards on her screened-in porch in Atlanta.
- Bobby Brown 'completely numb' after death of daughter Updated: Jul-28-15 12:45 am
ATLANTA - R&B singer Bobby Brown said Monday that his daughter, Bobbi Kristina Brown, was "an angel" and that the family must find a way to honor her memory.
- Experts: Time is an enemy in solving Bobbi Kristina's death Updated: Jul-27-15 11:23 pm
Medical examiners performing an autopsy on Bobbi Kristina Brown said Monday their initial findings turned up no obvious cause of death, while experts said the months that have passed since Brown was found face-down in a bathtub are working against authorities now tasked with solving how she died.
- The Latest: Brown says loss of daughter is 'unimaginable' Updated: Jul-27-15 4:58 pm
ATLANTA - The latest on the death of Bobbi Kristina Brown (all times local):
- Pedestrian struck and killed by vehicle in Atlanta suburb Updated: Jul-27-15 5:50 am
SMYRNA, Georgia - Police outside Atlanta are investigating how a pedestrian was struck and killed by a vehicle while attempting to cross a street.
- Bobbi Kristina Brown, daughter of Whitney Houston, has died Updated: Jul-27-15 1:06 am
DULUTH, Georgia - The brief, chaotic life of Bobbi Kristina Brown was never really her own.