- 13-year-old charged, shooting BB gun at passing motorists Updated: Jun-29-15 8:25 am
CAMPTI, Louisiana - A Campti 13-year-old has been charged with two counts of criminal damage to property after authorities say he was shooting a BB gun at passing motorists.
- Former Glenmora teacher indicted on sex, other charges Updated: Jun-26-15 6:52 am
ALEXANDRIA, Louisiana - A former teacher arrested in February after being accused of having sex with an underage student has been indicted by a grand jury.
- National Register status wanted for Pineville hospital Updated: Jun-24-15 12:28 pm
PINEVILLE, Louisiana - Huey P. Long Medical Center's 75 years of meeting health needs are being emphasized by those seeking to have the Pineville hospital added to the National Register of Historic Places.
- Community college expects September groundbreaking Updated: Jun-24-15 6:47 am
ALEXANDRIA, Louisiana - If all goes as planned, Central Louisiana Technical Community College's new campus in downtown Alexandria will be completed in about two years.
- Elmer woman allegedly stole checks from good Samaritan Updated: Jun-23-15 6:55 am
ALEXANDRIA, Louisiana - Rapides Parish sheriff's deputies say a Woodworth man who helped a woman who'd run out of gas later found out that the woman allegedly had stolen and cashed several of his personal checks.
- Flooding could cost more than property owners think Updated: Jun-22-15 4:11 am
ALEXANDRIA, Louisiana - The Rapides Area Planning Commission's flood plain manager says people whose homes flooded may find that repairs bring them under newer and stricter building standards.
- Louisiana's state art collection to be housed in Alexandria Updated: Jun-17-15 4:12 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Louisiana's state art collection will be housed in Alexandria.
- Many farmers, ranchers face 'total loss' from flooding Updated: Jun-13-15 12:22 pm
NATCHITOCHES, Louisiana - It will be weeks, perhaps months, before it's known how much damage the recent flooding from the Red River has done to Louisiana's agriculture industry.
- Blind masseuse Tricia Lemoine rebounds from tragedies Updated: Jun-13-15 11:50 am
ALEXANDRIA, Louisiana - There's more to Tricia Lemoine than meets the eye.
- Louisiana College names Bankston as new softball coach Updated: Jun-10-15 4:09 am
PINEVILLE, Louisiana - A month after leading Winnfield to the Class 2A championship softball game, Lyn Bankston says he's now focused on bringing Louisiana College back to the NCAA Division III Tournament.
- Rapides school board makes decision on dress code changes Updated: Jun-04-15 6:40 am
ALEXANDRIA, Louisiana - Rapides Parish students - boys and girls - can wear their hair as long as they like next year as long as it is neat, clean and does not draw "undue attention."
- Avoyelles school board denies 2 charter school applications Updated: Jun-03-15 7:20 am
MARKSVILLE, Louisiana - The Avoyelles Parish School Board has denied two charter school applications, including one that was recommended for approval by a third-party consultant. It was the board's second time to deny both groups.
- Alexandria council approves bingo ordinance in 4-2 vote Updated: Jun-03-15 7:08 am
ALEXANDRIA, Louisiana - An ordinance capping the number of bingo sites in Alexandria has been approved by the City Council, but it didn't sail through.