- Ryegress proving to be herbicide-resistant Updated: Apr-20-14 10:43 am
- Inmate sentenced for assaulting prison employee Updated: Apr-18-14 5:05 pm
- Rapides Parish sues former Coliseum design firm Updated: Apr-18-14 6:43 am
- Louisiana College names interim president Updated: Apr-15-14 7:00 pm
- Black bass rules changing Updated: Apr-14-14 6:47 am
- Northwestern president says he will retire Updated: Apr-11-14 4:10 pm
- Pollock man accused of dumping septic wastes Updated: Apr-10-14 9:43 am
- Body of toddler recovered in Winn Parish Updated: Apr-08-14 12:08 pm
- Cash-strapped YMCA closes in Alexandria Updated: Apr-06-14 1:20 pm
- Man dies when hit by train in Ball Updated: Apr-03-14 6:40 am
- Natchitoches man sentenced in bankruptcy case Updated: Apr-03-14 4:08 am
- Public meeting set on Alexandria tax proposal Updated: Apr-02-14 6:37 am
- Bill barring anti-gay housing discrimination fails Updated: Mar-31-14 5:22 pm
- 13 apply for Natchitoches school superintendent Updated: Mar-31-14 4:07 pm
- Official: Woman apparently was strangled Saturday Updated: Mar-31-14 2:34 pm
- La. towns plan compressed natural gas station Updated: Mar-29-14 4:10 pm
- Judge dismisses lawsuit over health benefits Updated: Mar-28-14 10:08 am
- 12 arrested in Sabine Parish dogfighting raid Updated: Mar-27-14 9:50 am
- Students call for strike at Louisiana College Updated: Mar-22-14 12:41 pm
ALEXANDRIA, Louisiana - LSU AgCenter scientists say Italian ryegrass found in Louisiana has developed resistance to herbicide.
ALEXANDRIA, Louisiana - A federal inmate who pleaded guilty to attacking a prison guard has been sentenced to another 16½ years and three years of supervised release for the assault.
ALEXANDRIA, Louisiana - The Rapides Parish Police Jury has filed a lawsuit against the architectural firm that formerly headed the Rapides Parish Coliseum renovation project.
PINEVILLE, Louisiana - Louisiana College has named an interim president after moving President Joe Aguillard into an emeritus role.
ALEXANDRIA, Louisiana - The state Department of Wildlife and Fisheries says regulations for black bass on several lakes, including three in Central Louisiana will change on April 20.
NATCHITOCHES, Louisiana - Northwestern State University President Randall Webb says he plans to retire later this year.
COLFAX, Louisiana - The Louisiana Department of Environmental Quality says a 61-year-old Pollock man is accused of dumping septic tank wastes and sewage on vacant property he owns on La. Highway 8.
WINNFIELD, Louisiana - The body of a 3-year-old boy who fell into a rain-swollen creek in Winn Parish has been found.
ALEXANDRIA, Louisiana - The Turner Street YMCA has run out of cash and ceased operations.
BALL, Louisiana - Police say a man wearing headphones was killed when he was struck by a train in Ball.
ALEXANDRIA, Louisiana - A 38-year-old Natchitoches man has been sentenced to 15 months in prison for bankruptcy fraud.
ALEXANDRIA, Louisiana - A 6-mill property tax proposed by the city of Alexandria to pay for operations at the city zoo and for recreation programs will be discussed during a public meeting on Thursday at Alexandria Senior High School.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Lawmakers rejected a bill Monday that would have prohibited housing discrimination based on sexual orientation or gender identity.
NATCHITOCHES, Louisiana - The Natchitoches Parish School Board says 13 people have applied to be the parish's next school superintendent.
DERIDDER, Louisiana - Beauregard Parish sheriff's spokesman Joe Toler says a preliminary autopsy report indicates that a 40-year-old woman whose body was found Saturday apparently had been strangled.
LEESVILLE, Louisiana - Two west-central Louisiana towns are preparing for a future in which vehicles are routinely fueled with compressed natural gas.
LEESVILLE, Louisiana - A state district judge has dismissed a claim for two Leesville city councilmen to repay more than $120,000 in health benefits.
MANY, Louisiana - A dozen people were arrested when Sabine Parish deputies raided a dogfighting event in progress in the woods of a rural area of the parish.
PINEVILLE, Louisiana - Fliers posted around the campus of Louisiana College are calling for a student strike Monday.