- Forecasters still watching Red River as runoff flows south Updated: May-26-15 4:07 am
ALEXANDRIA, Louisiana - With more rain Monday in Texas, Oklahoma and Louisiana, forecasters are saying it's too soon to expect the Red River to begin falling.
- Judge approves plan in Avoyelles school desegregation case Updated: May-23-15 3:55 pm
ALEXANDRIA, Louisiana - The Avoyelles Parish school district is on a three-year path to exiting federal court oversight in a 50-year-old desegregation case.
- Alexandria looks to cap number of bingo sites Updated: May-20-15 4:20 pm
ALEXANDRIA, Louisiana - Alexandria leaders are looking at a proposal that intends to prevent an increase in the number of bingo halls and charitable gaming sites.
- Cicadas swarm with an incessant sound over central Louisiana Updated: May-16-15 3:01 pm
ALEXANDRIA, Louisiana - The incessant sound of hundreds of millions of cicadas has invaded central Louisiana.
- New animal shelter opens in Grant Parish at detention center Updated: May-13-15 4:34 am
COLFAX, Louisiana - The first animal shelter has opened in Grant Parish on the grounds of a local detention center three years after the sheriff's office started an animal control program.
- Rapides Parish Police Jury to buy Lawyers Building Updated: May-12-15 6:55 am
ALEXANDRIA, Louisiana - A building across the street from the Rapides Parish Courthouse Annex will become the new home of the parish's juvenile probation office.
- Avoyelles Parish schools declared unitary Updated: May-11-15 10:19 am
MARKSVILLE, Louisiana - The Avoyelles Parish School District has been declared desegregated in all schools, after an almost 50-year process.
- Coliseum ag barn to be moved for use by LSUA rodeo team Updated: May-07-15 6:50 am
ALEXANDRIA, Louisiana - A large building used for livestock shows and other ag-related events will be relocated from the Rapides Parish Coliseum grounds so it can be used by Louisiana State University of Alexandria's rodeo team.
- Alexandria workers to get 2 percent pay raise Updated: May-07-15 6:46 am
ALEXANDRIA, Louisiana - City of Alexandria employees will benefit from 2 percent pay raises and the city picking up increases in health insurance costs.
- Rapides Parish DA disciplined by state Supreme Court Updated: May-05-15 11:20 am
ALEXANDRIA, Louisiana - The Louisiana Supreme Court has approved an agreement to place Rapides Parish District Attorney Phillip Terrell Jr. on probation for five years in an attorney disciplinary proceeding.
- Longtime basketball coach at Louisiana College to retire Updated: Apr-30-15 5:58 pm
PINEVILLE, Louisiana - The longtime basketball coach at Louisiana College, Gene Rushing, is retiring.
- Lounge of historic hotel to open to the public Friday Updated: Apr-30-15 10:43 am
ALEXANDRIA, Louisiana - The first stage to reopening a historic hotel in Alexandria is set.
- Renovation launch for Rapides Coliseum; attendees optimistic Updated: Apr-28-15 11:44 am
ALEXANDRIA, Louisiana - At 50 years old, the time has come for Rapides Parish Coliseum to get the new look it has been waiting for.
- Overcrowding prompts Rapides to look at student addresses Updated: Apr-28-15 7:14 am
ALEXANDRIA, Louisiana - A principal is asking the Rapides school officials to review its process for verifying addresses to keep an overcrowding problem from getting worse.