- $1.1M in flooding damage to Rapides Parish infrastructure Updated: Jul-28-15 4:05 am
ALEXANDRIA, Louisiana - Rapides Parish sustained more than $1 million in public costs related to recent flooding of the Red River, according to the latest estimate.
- Hotel mini-boom comes to Alexandria/Pineville Updated: Jul-26-15 7:07 pm
ALEXANDRIA, Louisiana - Construction and renovation will bring at least an 18 percent boost to the number of hotel rooms in the Alexandria-Pineville area.
- Alexandria port in transition to new model Updated: Jul-22-15 7:01 am
ALEXANDRIA, Louisiana - The new board of the Central Louisiana Regional Port is starting to take shape.
- Alexandria murder suspect captured after prison escape Updated: Jul-17-15 12:10 pm
MARRERO, Louisiana - An Alexandria murder suspect who escaped from a women's prison in Avoyelles Parish has been captured in south Louisiana.
- Pineville building on National Register of Historic Places Updated: Jul-15-15 11:01 am
PINEVILLE, Louisiana - The Huey P. Long Medical Center building in Pineville is steeped in history, and now its legacy includes a place on the National Register of Historic Places.
- Hearing set on relocating Alexandria's downtown post office Updated: Jul-13-15 6:44 am
ALEXANDRIA, Louisiana - The U.S. Postal Service is asking the public to weigh in on a proposal to relocate the Murray Street Postal Station located in the federal courthouse in Alexandria.
- AgCenter: Above-average crops still possible, despite rain Updated: Jul-12-15 8:22 pm
ALEXANDRIA, Louisiana - Spring downpours have washed away chances for a record year, though there's still chance for above-average corn, cotton and soybean crops, LSU AgCenter experts say.
- Avoyelles Parish man kills 7-year-old daughter, himself Updated: Jul-10-15 6:49 am
MARKSVILLE, Louisiana - Avoyelles Parish authorities say a 28-year-old Effie man shot his 7-year-old daughter to death and then killed himself.
- Former Evergreen chief faces murder, arson, theft charges Updated: Jul-09-15 7:04 am
MARKSVILLE, Louisiana - The former police chief in a small Avoyelles Parish town remains in jail after being booked in the death of his wife back in March.
- Hotel Bentley inches closer to reopening Updated: Jul-09-15 6:46 am
ALEXANDRIA, Louisiana - Michael Jenkins is no longer predicting when the Hotel Bentley will reopen, but he does think it will be back in operation sooner rather than later.
- Army's expected announcement of cuts could affect Fort Polk Updated: Jul-07-15 7:31 pm
FORT POLK, Louisiana - The Army is expected to announce cuts that could significantly affect Fort Polk and the surrounding communities.
- Red River levee work holding up to high water Updated: Jul-07-15 6:54 am
ALEXANDRIA, Louisiana - Officials say the high level of the Red River has provided a good test of the work being done on levees in Rapides Parish.
- Jury in Alexandria convicts man of resisting deportation Updated: Jul-04-15 4:18 pm
ALEXANDRIA, Louisiana - A federal jury in Alexandria has convicted an Ethiopian national of refusing to leave the country twice after being ordered to depart.