- Tioga woman accused of filing false police report Updated: Oct-06-15 6:53 am
TIOGA, Louisiana - A 49-year-old Tioga woman has been arrested for allegedly making a false claim that a child had been the victim of sexual misconduct.
- Changes coming to Powerball beginning Sunday Updated: Oct-02-15 12:23 pm
ALEXANDRIA, Louisiana - Beginning Sunday, the Powerball is implementing changes to make it easier to win some prizes but harder to win the jackpot.
- Red River reopens to traffic; bridge removal work ongoing Updated: Sep-30-15 6:51 am
ALEXANDRIA, Louisiana - The Red River is once again open to river traffic in the vicinity of the O.K. Allen Bridge site, even though the work to remove pieces of the demolished bridge from the river is continuing.
- Chopin man facing bank fraud charge Updated: Sep-29-15 6:50 am
ALEXANDRIA, Louisiana - Rapides Parish sheriff's deputies say a 35-year-old Chopin man is accused of stealing a man's identity and draining his bank account of almost $16,000.
- Woman's body recovered at Indian Creek Updated: Sep-28-15 3:28 pm
WOODWORTH, Louisiana - Divers have recovered the body of a woman who possibly drowned while swimming at Indian Creek Recreation Area near Woodworth.
- Engineers blow up historic Red River bridge at Alexandria Updated: Sep-26-15 7:39 pm
ALEXANDRIA, Louisiana - After 79 years, the O.K. Allen Bridge linking Alexandria and Pineville is gone.
- Man pleads guilty to firearms and explosives charges Updated: Sep-26-15 1:44 pm
ALEXANDRIA, Louisiana - A Catahoula Parish man has pleaded guilty to firearms and explosives charges.
- Body cameras coming for Alexandria officers Updated: Sep-22-15 11:01 am
ALEXANDRIA, Louisiana - The Alexandria Police Department will join a growing number of law enforcement agencies around the nation in having officers wear body cameras.
- Second span of new bridge over Red River to open by Jan. 1 Updated: Sep-19-15 3:45 pm
ALEXANDRIA, Louisiana - The second span of the Curtis-Coleman Memorial Bridge over the Red River is projected to open by the New Year.
- Police: Pineville man dies after home invasion Updated: Sep-18-15 6:44 am
PINEVILLE, Louisiana - Police say a 26-year-old Pineville man died after a home invasion.
- O.K. Allen Bridge removal postponed Updated: Sep-17-15 4:16 pm
ALEXANDRIA, Louisiana - Removal of the old O.K. Allen Bridge over the Red River has been postponed.
- Louisiana man shot, killed as police serve warrants Updated: Sep-17-15 7:28 am
ALEXANDRIA, Louisiana - Police in Louisiana say a man wanted on warrants was shot and killed as a task force tried to take him into custody.
- Fire insurance premiums to drop in Holiday Village area Updated: Sep-15-15 6:38 am
ALEXANDRIA, Louisiana - The cost of fire insurance will drop for homeowners in Rapides Parish Fire District 4, the Holiday Village area.
- State hiring for new detention center in Bunkie Updated: Sep-14-15 2:59 pm
BUNKIE, Louisiana - A job fair is set for Tuesday as the state Office of Juvenile Justice begins hiring employees for a new detention facility in Bunkie.
- Farmers warned to halt spread of invasive weed Updated: Sep-14-15 4:01 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - A Louisiana official has urged farmers to take precautions against the spread of a type of weed that has been become resistant to certain herbicides commonly used to control the weed.
- Eola man charged in death of 2-year-old in Bunkie Updated: Sep-13-15 6:44 pm
BUNKIE, Louisiana - Authorities say a 28-year-old man from Eola has been charged in the death of a 2-year-old boy in Avoyelles Parish.
- Rapides man faces numerous charges in human trafficking case Updated: Sep-11-15 8:49 am
ALEXANDRIA, Louisiana - The Rapides (rap-EEDS') Parish Sheriff's Office says an Alexandria man is being held on charges of human trafficking.
- Ferriday woman pleads guilty to stealing benefits Updated: Sep-09-15 4:05 am
ALEXANDRIA, Louisiana - A Ferriday woman has pleaded guilty to stealing more than $100,000 of her deceased aunt's Veterans Affairs benefits.