- N. Ireland leader hospitalized over suspected heart attack Updated: May-25-15 6:58 am
DUBLIN - First Minister Peter Robinson, the Protestant leader of Northern Ireland's unity government, has been hospitalized after a suspected heart attack, his party said Monday.
- Belfast baker guilty of discrimination over 'gay cake' snub Updated: May-19-15 8:59 am
DUBLIN - A Northern Ireland bakery was found guilty Tuesday of discrimination for refusing to make a cake bearing the slogan "Support Gay Marriage," a verdict welcomed by human rights activists but denounced by Christian conservatives in the British territory.
- UK election leaves Cameron at helm of a disunited kingdom Updated: May-09-15 11:47 am
LONDON - Standing outside 10 Downing Street the day after his unexpected election victory, Prime Minister David Cameron vowed to govern for "one nation, one United Kingdom." That will be easier said than done, as competing brands of nationalism threaten to pull the country apart.
- The Latest: Markets happy at clear result; fear referendum Updated: May-08-15 4:29 am
LONDON - 9:25 a.m. (0825 GMT; 4:25 a.m. EDT)
- Belfast man arrested over killing of former IRA commander Updated: May-06-15 8:43 am
BELFAST, Northern Ireland - Northern Ireland police say they have arrested a 41-year-old man on suspicion of involvement in the killing of one of Belfast's senior Irish Republican Army veterans.
- IRA-style bomb damages Londonderry probation office Updated: Apr-28-15 6:01 am
LONDONDERRY, Northern Ireland - Northern Ireland police say a small bomb has detonated outside a probation office on a residential street in Londonderry, injuring nobody, and the city's leaders have accused IRA die-hards of recklessly endangering the lives of families living nearby.