- Belfast IRA figure killed in splinter-group feud Updated: Apr-18-14 2:46 pm
- Michigan State, Northern Ireland school renew pact Updated: Apr-14-14 4:07 am
- Real IRA man charged with 29 Omagh bomb murders Updated: Apr-10-14 3:35 pm
- Queen hosts Irish president on 1st UK state visit Updated: Apr-08-14 7:17 pm
- Century of clashes, compromise between UK, Ireland Updated: Apr-08-14 4:10 pm
- Maine teacher charged with sex assault on student Updated: Apr-08-14 5:55 am
- Ex-IRA chief charged over killing of Belfast widow Updated: Mar-21-14 5:49 pm
BELFAST, Northern Ireland - A senior Irish Republican Army hard-liner has been shot to death in Belfast three years after former comrades in his splinter group threatened to kill them.
EAST LANSING, Michigan - Michigan State University officials say they have renewed and expanded an agreement with an agricultural college in Northern Ireland.
DUBLIN - An Irish Republican Army veteran was charged Thursday with 29 murders over the 1998 car bomb attack on Omagh, the deadliest bombing of the entire Northern Ireland conflict.
LONDON - Amid regal pomp at Queen Elizabeth II's Windsor Castle home, the Irish president and the British monarch have begun Ireland's first state visit to Britain with expressions of mutual affection and respect - and a shared determination to consign national hatreds to a sorrow-tinged past.
DUBLIN - Relations between Britain and Ireland have experienced a century of rebellion, terror and treaties, culminating in this week's first-ever state visit by Ireland's president. A look at key flashpoints:
BELFAST, Maine - A teacher at the Waldo County Technical Center who also coaches softball at an area high school has been charged with sexually assaulting a student.
DUBLIN - A former Irish Republican Army commander was charged Friday in connection with the 1972 abduction, killing and secret burial of a Belfast woman, a politically explosive crime because of its disputed links to Sinn Fein leader Gerry Adams.