- Lowndes Co. voters consider $44M school district bond issue Updated: May-04-15 9:55 am
COLUMBUS, Mississippi - Lowndes County citizens will go to the polls May 12 to vote on a proposed bond issue for the school district worth $44 million.
- Norwegian company opens small business in Mississippi Updated: May-03-15 4:34 am
COLUMBUS, Mississippi - A Norwegian company that makes supplies for high-performance clothing is expanding into the United States, and its first production site is in Mississippi.
- Bridge named after late state Sen. Terry Brown Updated: Apr-30-15 6:14 am
JACKSON, Mississippi - Terry Brown continues to be remembered and recognized by the Legislature.
- Mississippi highway dept. cracking down on political signs Updated: Apr-22-15 10:10 am
COLUMBUS, Mississippi - Political candidates in Lowndes County are finding out the hard way that the proper use of a measuring tape could be every bit as important as the art of a good handshake.
- Britt leaving Oktibbeha County emergency management post Updated: Apr-22-15 4:05 am
COLUMBUS, Mississippi - Oktibbeha County Emergency Management Director Jim Britt says he will retire from his post this summer.
- Spokesman: Air Force plane inspections to be done Tuesday Updated: Apr-14-15 9:17 pm
ENID, Oklahoma - Most of the hundreds of training aircraft grounded last week by the U.S. Air Force because of a potential malfunction in the engines' oil line are expected to be back in the air Wednesday, according to a military spokesman.
- CAFB: Cleared trees to improve radar readings Updated: Apr-10-15 4:05 am
GREENWOOD SPRINGS, Mississippi - Columbus Air Force Base officials have cleared trees that were blocking readings of a weather radar in the Greenwood Springs area in north Mississippi.
- Friendship Cemetery comes to life Updated: Apr-08-15 4:05 am
COLUMBUS, Mississippi - "The cemetery's a lively place, isn't it?"