- Former Columbus Police officer sues over firing Updated: Feb-09-16 8:28 pm
COLUMBUS, Mississippi - A former police officer is suing a Mississippi city after he was fired for his role in a fatal death.
- Former Columbus Police officer sues over firing Updated: Feb-09-16 4:48 pm
COLUMBUS, Mississippi - Former Columbus policeman Canyon Boykin is suing the city in the wake of his firing.
- Columbus city hall renovation work progressing Updated: Feb-05-16 7:50 am
COLUMBUS, Mississippi - Work seems to be progressing smoothly on Columbus city hall's renovations.
- New Columbus police chief to begin Feb. 19 Updated: Feb-05-16 6:00 am
COLUMBUS, Mississippi - The Columbus mayor's office says the city's new police chief will begin his duties on Feb. 19.
- Authorities: Columbus teacher connected to meth ring Updated: Feb-04-16 5:52 am
COLUMBUS, Mississippi - Federal authorities have taken a Columbus Middle School educator into custody after a grand jury indicted the teacher on charges of aiding a methamphetamine ring.
- Middle school teacher indicted in drug case Updated: Feb-03-16 1:34 pm
ABERDEEN, Mississippi - A federal grand jury has indicted a teacher at a middle school in Columbus on drug charges and money laundering.
- Columbus Police: Child behind Wal-Mart bomb threat Updated: Feb-03-16 9:57 am
COLUMBUS, Mississippi - Police have found their suspect in a bomb threat that was called into the Columbus Wal-Mart.
- Museum preserves local community's African-American history Updated: Feb-01-16 2:21 pm
COLUMBUS, Mississippi - An old school-turned-museum in Columbus has been preserving the local community's African-American history.
- Columbus Municipal School Board reviews its performance Updated: Jan-26-16 10:19 am
COLUMBUS, Mississippi - The Columbus Municipal School District board of Trustees has evaluated its performance, setting goals that include emphasizing better meeting decorum and promoting greater involvement from the public.
- New Columbus police chief sets early goals Updated: Jan-25-16 9:43 am
COLUMBUS, Mississippi - The current Waynesboro chief of police will return to the Columbus Police Department after the city council voted last week to name him as the city's new chief. Lewis worked 20 years with Columbus department before leaving to take the Waynesboro job.
- Authorities to increase police officer patrols in Columbus Updated: Jan-19-16 5:20 am
COLUMBUS, Mississippi - Columbus authorities say they're increasing the number of police officers on patrol.
- MUW begins athletic director search Updated: Jan-13-16 7:42 am
COLUMBUS, Mississippi - The Mississippi University for Women has started its first step toward a potential rebirth of its athletics program.