- Steel Dynamics to make $100 million Mississippi expansion Updated: May-21-15 6:09 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Steel Dynamics will invest $100 million to add more steel finishing capacity at its mill in Columbus.
- Columbus man convicted of first-degree murder Updated: May-18-15 4:25 pm
COLUMBUS, Mississippi - A Columbus man has been sentenced to life in prison after a Lowndes County jury convicted him of first-degree murder.
- Woman found guilty, sentenced to 40 years Updated: May-15-15 4:05 pm
COLUMBUS, Mississippi - A 29-year-old Columbus woman has been convicted of second degree murder in the 2013 fatal stabbing for her boyfriend.
- Lowndes voters to decided school bond issue Updated: May-12-15 4:35 am
COLUMBUS, Mississippi - Lowndes County school patrons were going to the polls Tuesday to decide a proposed $44 million bond issue.
- Inspire Charter School not applying this year Updated: May-08-15 4:44 am
COLUMBUS, Mississippi - A group hoping to bring a charter school to Columbus is not submitting an application this year.
- Columbus mayor's proposal for city to run gun range rejected Updated: May-06-15 2:49 pm
COLUMBUS, Mississippi - A soon-to-open firing range may be within the Columbus city limits, but Lowndes County officials have told the city's mayor to keep his hands off of it.
- Bryant nominates Columbus periodontist to College Board Updated: May-05-15 6:46 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Gov. Phil Bryant on Tuesday nominated a periodontist from north Mississippi to serve on the 12-member state College Board.
- Lowndes Co. voters consider $44M school district bond issue Updated: May-04-15 9:55 am
COLUMBUS, Mississippi - Lowndes County citizens will go to the polls May 12 to vote on a proposed bond issue for the school district worth $44 million.
- Norwegian company opens small business in Mississippi Updated: May-03-15 4:34 am
COLUMBUS, Mississippi - A Norwegian company that makes supplies for high-performance clothing is expanding into the United States, and its first production site is in Mississippi.
- Bridge named after late state Sen. Terry Brown Updated: Apr-30-15 6:14 am
JACKSON, Mississippi - Terry Brown continues to be remembered and recognized by the Legislature.