- Indonesia increases security after video calls for attack Updated: Nov-25-15 9:10 am
JAKARTA, Indonesia - Authorities increased security across Indonesia after a video appearing on social media threatened attacks against police and other targets, police and officials said Wednesday.
- Indonesian court sentences 2 to death for drug smuggling Updated: Nov-13-15 8:04 am
JAKARTA, Indonesia - An Indonesian court sentenced two men on Friday to death on charges of smuggling the largest amount of methamphetamine ever confiscated in the country.
- Australian leader visits Indonesia in bid to repair ties Updated: Nov-12-15 7:16 pm
JAKARTA, Indonesia - Australian Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull tried to mend fences with Indonesia, Southeast Asia's largest economy, in his first trip to Asia on Thursday since taking office two months ago.
- 14 orangutans smuggled into Thailand sent home to Indonesia Updated: Nov-12-15 8:44 am
BANGKOK - Fourteen orangutans that were smuggled out of Indonesia and believed to have been put to work at tourist attractions in Thailand were sent home Thursday.
- 3 dead recovered of 12 miners buried in Indonesian landslide Updated: Oct-29-15 8:19 am
BOGOR, Indonesia - Rescuers retrieved three bodies Thursday among 12 miners buried under a landslide while digging illegally at a state-run gold mine on Indonesia's main island of Java.