- Australia wary of escalating rift after Indonesia executions Updated: Apr-29-15 2:04 pm
CANBERRA, Australia - Australia said it would withdraw its ambassador to Indonesia after two Australians were among eight drug traffickers executed by the Southeast Asian country Wednesday, but was wary of escalating hostilities with its neighbor despite a public outcry.
- Profiles of 8 drug traffickers executed in Indonesia Updated: Apr-28-15 9:44 pm
CILACAP, Indonesia - Indonesia early Wednesday executed eight people convicted of drug smuggling, according to foreign governments and local media reports, although a Philippine woman was granted a stay of execution.
- Indonesian police probing death of witness in slavery cases Updated: Apr-22-15 12:40 pm
JAKARTA, Indonesia - Indonesian police are investigating the death of a local official in the Ministry of Fisheries and Maritime Affairs to see if it is linked to a slavery probe in the remote, eastern island village of Benjina, a government official said Wednesday.
- Indonesia court rejects last appeals of 2 death row convicts Updated: Apr-22-15 11:28 am
JAKARTA, Indonesia - Indonesia's Supreme Court has turned down the final appeals by prisoners from France and Ghana who are among 10 drug convicts awaiting execution by firing squad, the court spokesman said Wednesday.
- Japanese leader doesn't offer customary apology for WWII Updated: Apr-22-15 10:16 am
JAKARTA, Indonesia - South Korea expressed deep regret Wednesday that Japan's leader did not repeat his predecessors' apologies for the country's aggression during World War II.
- Number of slaves found on Indonesian island at almost 550 Updated: Apr-09-15 9:10 pm
JAKARTA, Indonesia - The number of enslaved fishermen found on a remote Indonesian island has now reached nearly 550, after a fact-finding team returned for a single day to make sure no one had been left behind nearly a week after more than half of the men were removed in a dramatic rescue.
- Man suspected of stowing away in jet wheel well in Indonesia Updated: Apr-09-15 10:20 am
JAKARTA, Indonesia - Aviation authorities are questioning a man they suspect stowed away in the wheel well of a jetliner for a free flight in Indonesia, officials said Thursday.