- Indonesia air force plane crashes into home; 4 dead Updated: Feb-10-16 7:21 am
MALANG, Indonesia - An Indonesian air force plane crashed into a house on the main island of Java on Wednesday, killing both people on board and two people in the house, a senior official said.
- Indonesia sentences 7 for IS links, as Bashir files appeal Updated: Feb-09-16 8:09 am
JAKARTA, Indonesia - An Indonesian court on Tuesday sentenced seven men for conspiring with the Islamic State group, the first time the country has sent anyone to prison for IS links, as radical cleric Abu Bakar Bashir appealed his conviction.
- Furniture giant IKEA loses its trademark in Indonesia Updated: Feb-05-16 10:12 am
JAKARTA, Indonesia - There is Samsung of South Korea, Sony of Japan, BMW of Germany and IKEA of Indonesia. Wait! IKEA of Indonesia? Yes, at least in Indonesia, if not worldwide.
- Indonesia starts construction of high-speed rail line Updated: Jan-21-16 4:27 am
WALINI, Indonesia - Indonesia broke ground Thursday on a joint project with China to build Southeast Asia's first high speed rail service, linking the Indonesian capital Jakarta with Bandung in western Java.
- Police say 1 man killed in Jakarta was civilian, not bomber Updated: Jan-17-16 6:46 am
JAKARTA, Indonesia - One of the eight men killed in an audacious attack by Muslim militants in the heart of Indonesia's capital was a civilian and not one of the bombers as first thought, police said Sunday.
- Detained Malaysian was hours away from suicide attack Updated: Jan-16-16 10:53 pm
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia - A Malaysian man was detained just hours before planning to blow himself up at an entertainment venue in Kuala Lumpur, a government official said Sunday, after authorities raised the alert level following bombings in neighboring Indonesia.
- 3rd civilian dies of wounds in Jakarta bombings Updated: Jan-16-16 10:26 pm
JAKARTA, Indonesia - Indonesian police said they have arrested 12 people suspected of links to the Jakarta bombings, as the death toll in the brazen attacks by Muslim militants rose to eight after a third civilian succumbed to wounds.
- Analysis: Old militants with new brand behind Jakarta attack Updated: Jan-15-16 10:22 am
JAKARTA, Indonesia - In the course of six years without a major terrorist attack, Indonesia had grown more and more confident that it had stayed on top of any threat from Islamic militants.
- The Latest: Vigil held at site of Jakarta attack Updated: Jan-15-16 7:34 am
JAKARTA, Indonesia - The latest on explosions in downtown Jakarta (all times local):
- Jakarta attack a battle of bombs and perceptions Updated: Jan-15-16 4:06 am
JAKARTA, Indonesia - The attack in Jakarta on Thursday was as much a battle of images and perceptions as it was an exchange of gunfire and explosions.
- Indonesia cuts interest rates to help economic growth Updated: Jan-14-16 3:55 am
HONG KONG - Indonesia's central bank cut its benchmark interest rate on Thursday for the first time in nearly a year to help shore up the weak economy, which has decelerated to its slowest pace since 2009.
- Indonesian authorities warned last month of terrorist threat Updated: Jan-14-16 3:44 am
JAKARTA, Indonesia - The deadly attacks Thursday in the Indonesian capital, Jakarta, were not a complete surprise to Indonesian authorities, who warned last month of a credible threat.