- IPFW holds on to beat UNC-Greensboro 64-58 Updated: Nov-28-15 9:26 pm
GREENSBORO, North Carolina - Max Landis scored 14 points and made two free throws in the final minute as IPFW held on to beat UNC-Greensboro 64-58 in the Spartan Showcase on Saturday night.
- Hogan leads Navy to 71-65 win over Jacksonville Updated: Nov-28-15 7:12 pm
GREENSBORO, North Carolina - Jace Hogan scored 17 points, leading five Navy players in double figures as the Midshipmen beat Jacksonville 71-65 in the Spartan Showcase on Saturday.
- Navy's free-throw shooting holds off UNC-Greensboro 70-66 Updated: Nov-27-15 11:25 pm
GREENSBORO, North Carolina - Tilman Dunbar scored 16 points - 10 from the free-throw line - and Navy defeated UNC-Greensboro 70-66 Friday night.
- Evans scores 18 as IPFW holds off Jacksonville 71-63 Updated: Nov-27-15 6:53 pm
GREENSBORO, North Carolina - Mo Evans scored 18 points with four 3-pointers to lead balanced IPFW past Jacksonville 71-63 in the Spartan Showcase on Friday.
- Guilford County prosecutor dismiss animal shelter charges Updated: Nov-26-15 12:06 pm
GREENSBORO, North Carolina - A prosecutor has dismissed charges against the former director of the Guilford County Animal Shelter, telling the sheriff he never should have brought the charges in the first place.
- Head of North Carolina Funeral Board pleads to tax fraud Updated: Nov-25-15 9:47 am
GREENSBORO, North Carolina - The president of the North Carolina Board of Funeral Services is one of two men who have pleaded guilty to federal tax fraud.
- FBI, police investigating threat against Jewish school Updated: Nov-24-15 6:13 pm
GREENSBORO, North Carolina - Police and the FBI are looking for someone who sent a letter that included racially charged language and threats against people involved with a Jewish school in Greensboro.
- FBI, police investigating threat against Jewish school Updated: Nov-24-15 5:36 pm
GREENSBORO, North Carolina - Police and the FBI are looking for someone who issued a threat against people involved with a Jewish school in Greensboro.
- 2 sides argue impact of redistricting lawsuit on primaries Updated: Nov-23-15 9:53 pm
GREENSBORO, North Carolina - Attorneys representing the state and registered voters argued before a three-judge panel on Monday about the impact of a lawsuit filed over North Carolina's legislative district maps on the state's 2016 primaries.
- The Latest: Deputy AG says primary delay will cause problems Updated: Nov-23-15 5:50 pm
GREENSBORO, North Carolina - The latest on a hearing Monday in front of a three-judge federal panel about whether the state should be forced to redraw some of its legislative districts before the 2016 elections (All times local):
- Bell leads North Carolina Central to 21-16 win over NC A&T Updated: Nov-21-15 6:08 pm
GREENSBORO, North Carolina - Malcolm Bell threw for 200 yards and rushed for a score as North Carolina Central knocked off North Carolina A&T 21-14 on Saturday to muddy the title waters of the Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference.
- Bill Clinton to raise money for wife in Raleigh, Greensboro Updated: Nov-20-15 7:07 am
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Former President Bill Clinton is coming to North Carolina early next month to attend some private fundraisers to benefit his wife's presidential campaign.
- Fitchett, Bradley lead D-III Roanoke, upset NC A&T 94-87 Updated: Nov-18-15 11:20 pm
GREENSBORO, North Carolina - John Fitchett and Seth Bradley each scored 18 points as Division III Roanoke upset North Carolina A&T, 94-87 Wednesday night in an exhibition game for the Maroons that counts for the Aggies.
- Lockdown ordered after student takes loaded gun to school Updated: Nov-18-15 5:42 pm
GREENSBORO, North Carolina - Education officials in Guilford County say eight schools were placed on lockdown after a high school student took a loaded gun to school.
- North Carolina Editorial Roundup Updated: Nov-18-15 5:22 pm
Recent editorials from North Carolina newspapers:
- Man shot to death at Greensboro market Updated: Nov-16-15 9:45 am
GREENSBORO, North Carolina - Police in Greensboro say a man shot to death at a market has died.
- UNC-Greensboro beats Greensboro 86-69 in season opener Updated: Nov-14-15 7:53 pm
GREENSBORO, North Carolina - Diante Baldwin had 15 points and five assists to lead UNC-Greensboro to an 86-69 victory over Division III member Greensboro in the season opener for both teams on Saturday night.
- Carter accounts for 3 TDs; NC A&T beats Delaware State 27-6 Updated: Nov-14-15 5:11 pm
GREENSBORO, North Carolina - Kylil Carter threw two touchdown passes and ran for another, and North Carolina A&T beat Delaware State 27-6 to clinch a share of the Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference title on Saturday.
- Greensboro police end stops for minor traffic infractions Updated: Nov-11-15 3:22 pm
GREENSBORO, North Carolina - The Greensboro Police Department is trying to address racial disparities in arrests through several changes, including an end to traffic stops for lesser infractions such as broken headlights.
- With 6 Top 25 teams, ACC enters a season of promise Updated: Nov-11-15 8:42 am
GREENSBORO, North Carolina - The Atlantic Coast Conference's top women's basketball player left early. So did a big chunk of North Carolina's roster.
- Funeral service held for former North Carolina US Rep. Coble Updated: Nov-10-15 7:48 pm
GREENSBORO, North Carolina - Politicians and congressional staffers were among those who turned out to say their final goodbyes to North Carolina U.S. Rep. Howard Coble.
- Pairings for the NCHSAA football playoffs Updated: Nov-07-15 9:11 pm
First-round pairings for the North Carolina High School Athletic Association football playoffs:
- Funeral arrangements for ex-US Rep. Coble Updated: Nov-05-15 10:45 am
GREENSBORO, North Carolina - The funeral for former U.S. Rep. Howard Coble of North Carolina will be held next week in his native Guilford County.
- Correction: Obit-Coble story Updated: Nov-05-15 10:42 am
RALEIGH, North Carolina - In a story Nov. 4 about the death of former U.S. Rep. Howard Coble, The Associated Press reported erroneously that Coble won his initial 1984 congressional race by 79 votes. Coble won in 1984 by about 2,700 votes, according to election results. The 79-vote margin occurred in 1986.
- Lane markings on northbound Interstate 85 to be repainted Updated: Nov-05-15 4:02 am
GREENSBORO, North Carolina - Contractors with the N.C. Department of Transportation will be working to make sure motorists can find their lane on a stretch of Interstate 85.