- US, states announce settlement with BP over gulf oil spill Updated: Oct-05-15 10:14 pm
WASHINGTON - The Justice Department and five states on Monday announced a $20 billion final settlement of environmental damage claims arising from the 2010 Deepwater Horizon oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico.
- NOAA oil spill restoration plan: meetings for public comment Updated: Oct-05-15 6:39 pm
NEW ORLEANS - A federal-state oversight team has released an $8.8 billion plan to restore Gulf of Mexico areas damaged by the 2010 oil spill and compensate the public for pre-restoration loss of natural resources and services.
- Rain causes flooding, prompts rescues in Mobile, Alabama Updated: Sep-28-15 12:34 pm
MOBILE, Alabama - Flood waters receded along the Alabama coast Monday after storms from a tropical weather system dumped about 7.5 inches of rain in less than a day, inundating roads and creating dangerous surf conditions along beaches.
- $134M for recovery projects arising from 2010 Gulf oil spill Updated: Sep-23-15 5:57 pm
NEW ORLEANS - A panel on Wednesday approved using $134 million provided by energy giant BP PLC on 10 projects to help the Gulf of Mexico recover from a catastrophic 2010 oil spill.
- Rescuers release 6 rehabilitated turtles into Gulf of Mexico Updated: Sep-17-15 2:36 pm
GALVESTON, Texas - A loggerhead turtle with a hook in her throat dwindled to 70 pounds before weeks of care and her eventual return to the Gulf of Mexico.
- Hundreds of invasive lionfish removed from Gulf of Mexico Updated: Sep-10-15 4:11 pm
GALVESTON, Texas - Marine experts and trained volunteers have removed hundreds of lionfish from a section of the Gulf of Mexico near Texas in a continuing effort to control the invasive population.
- Air Force: Pilot didn't have proper certification for F-16 Updated: Sep-09-15 3:19 pm
NORFOLK, Virginia - An F-16 pilot killed when he crashed into the Gulf of Mexico during training did not go through the proper training to begin flying the jets again after a nearly 20-year hiatus, the Air Force says.
- Appeals court upholds class action status in oil spill suit Updated: Sep-09-15 2:54 pm
NEW ORLEANS - A federal appeals court says litigation alleging that BP misled investors about the rate of oil flowing after an offshore oil rig explosion in 2010 can proceed as a class action lawsuit.