- White House: Scrap drilling revenue sharing with Gulf states Updated: Feb-10-16 7:33 pm
NEW ORLEANS - Louisiana's U.S. senators and environmental groups are blasting the White House for proposing to help Alaska deal with rising seas by taking money away from similar efforts along the Gulf Coast.
- 2 killed, 8 injured in fire on Mexico offshore oil platform Updated: Feb-07-16 8:54 pm
MEXICO CITY - Mexico's state oil company says a fire that erupted on an oil platform in the Gulf of Mexico killed two workers and injured eight.
- Chevron may cut 385 Louisiana workers Updated: Feb-06-16 12:15 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - American oil giant Chevron has reaffirmed forecasts that it may cut as many as 385 jobs in the Gulf of Mexico this year - 45 of them working offshore and the remainder in offices in Covington and Lafayette.
- Critics dispute plans to change Rollover Pass near Galveston Updated: Feb-05-16 6:54 pm
GALVESTON, Texas - A coalition led by owners of property that includes Rollover Pass and land on either side of the man-made channel connecting East Galveston Bay to the Gulf of Mexico says it is prepared to fight a last-ditch legal battle to prevent the state from closing and filling what has been a hugely popular public fishing site and the focus of environmental, economic and public safety concerns since it was created more than 60 years ago.
- BP reports 91 percent plunge in fourth quarter earnings Updated: Feb-02-16 10:17 am
LONDON - BP's fourth-quarter earnings plunged 91 percent amid sharp declines in oil prices as the British energy company continued to make provision for the Deepwater Horizon disaster in the Gulf of Mexico and streamline operations.
- Public meeting over decade-old oil in Gulf leak gets testy Updated: Jan-20-16 5:28 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - A decade-old oil leak that could last for another century was caused by an "act of God" during a hurricane in the Gulf of Mexico, the president of the company responsible said Wednesday.
- The Latest: Retired general clashes with company president Updated: Jan-20-16 3:22 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - The latest on a decade-old oil leak in the Gulf of Mexico (all times local):
- Coast Guard rescues 2 boaters from Gulf of Mexico Updated: Jan-18-16 6:32 am
KEY WEST, Florida - U.S. Coast Guard crews rescued two men after their boat began taking on water during a storm in the Gulf of Mexico.
- Trial date set for companies, workers charged in Gulf blast Updated: Jan-15-16 12:58 pm
NEW ORLEANS - A federal judge has set a January 2017 trial date for the Justice Department's criminal case against several companies and workers involved in a deadly 2012 explosion on an oil platform in the Gulf of Mexico.
- 4th man arrested in boat theft that started 20-hour chase Updated: Jan-14-16 8:15 am
FORT MYERS, Florida - A fourth man has been charged in a Christmas Eve boat theft that started a 345-mile boat chase across the Gulf of Mexico.