- 1 dead after boat capsizes in Gulf of Mexico Updated: Dec-02-13 11:52 am
- Northeast relying less on Gulf natural gas supply Updated: Nov-29-13 4:38 am
- Texas A&M expands research on oil rig marine life Updated: Nov-23-13 2:40 pm
- Mississippi editorial roundup Updated: Nov-19-13 12:58 pm
- Archaeologists recover artifacts from shipwreck Updated: Nov-17-13 12:16 pm
- Gulf states get first $113M from oil spill pleas Updated: Nov-14-13 4:03 pm
- A timeline of recent ethanol events Updated: Nov-12-13 12:22 am
- Coast Guard stops search for missing crewman Updated: Nov-11-13 10:04 pm
- The day before JFK's assassination Updated: Nov-11-13 1:49 pm
- Chevron to relocate Gulf airbase to Galliano Updated: Nov-07-13 2:36 pm
- Clarification: Deadly Seawater Bacteria story Updated: Nov-07-13 11:05 am
PALM HARBOR, Florida - One man died after he and a friend swam to shore when their boat capsized off Pinellas County.
NEW ORLEANS - The amount of natural gas extracted from the Gulf of Mexico and sent to the Northeast has dropped sharply in recent years as new discoveries in that region boost the nation's overall supply, according to new federal data.
CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas - Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi is using $650,000 in grant money to research the variety and abundance of marine life that have made their homes around retired oil and gas platforms in the Gulf of Mexico, a newspaper reported Saturday.
Recent editorials from Mississippi newspapers:
GALVESTON, Texas - Marine archaeologists are preparing to study about 60 artifacts recovered from a 200-year-old shipwreck found deep in the Gulf of Mexico.
JACKSON, Mississippi - The five states that border the Gulf of Mexico are getting $113 million to improve the environment.
August 2005 - President George W. Bush signs the Energy Policy Act of 2005, requiring oil companies to add ethanol to their gasoline. Called the Renewable Fuels Standard, this mandate begins with a 4-billion-gallon requirement in 2006 and doubles by 2012. Corn is selling for $1.95 a bushel.
NEW ORLEANS - The Coast Guard has given up its search for a missing crewman.
Many people still remember where they were the day President John F. Kennedy was assassinated - Friday, Nov. 22, 1963 - but what about the day before? What was life like for Americans on that Thursday, just before so much changed for the nation and the world?
GALLIANO, Louisiana - Chevron plans to relocate its current Gulf of Mexico airbase facility in Leeville to the South Lafourche Leonard Miller Jr. Airport in Galliano.
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - In a story Oct. 11 about the deaths of 10 people who have died in Florida after eating raw oysters, The Associated Press paraphrased James Oliver, a University of North Carolina biologist, as having called the oysters "tainted" with bacteria. Oliver did not use the word "tainted" and was not suggesting that the bacteria were introduced to the product during processing. The bacteria on the oysters occur naturally and are not introduced during their processing.