- Danish industrial designer pioneer Jensen dies at age 89 Updated: May-16-15 8:58 am
COPENHAGEN, Denmark - Danish industrial designer Jacob Jensen, who gave ultramodern, minimalist forms to high-end products including consumer electronics and kitchenware, has died. He was 89.
- Shipper Moller-Maersk sees Q1 profit jump 18 pct Updated: May-13-15 3:55 am
COPENHAGEN, Denmark - Danish shipping and oil group A.P. Moller-Maersk says it saw its first-quarter underlying profit increase by 18 percent to $1.3 billion, impacted by an after-tax gain from the sale of shares in Denmark's largest bank, but revenues dropped due to low oil prices and low economic growth.
- Russia trouble still hurting beer maker Carlsberg Updated: May-12-15 4:14 am
COPENHAGEN, Denmark - Danish brewer Carlsberg says uncertainty in its vast Russian market continued to cause pain, contributing to a loss of 90 million kroner ($13.46 million) in the first quarter of 2015.
- Danish intelligence chief resigns before gun attack report Updated: May-06-15 2:37 pm
COPENHAGEN, Denmark - The head of Denmark's intelligence agency announced his resignation on Wednesday, hours before a government report was released criticizing some parts of the police response to the two fatal shooting attacks in Copenhagen in February.
- Danish bus agency removes ad against Israeli settlements Updated: Apr-30-15 11:08 am
COPENHAGEN, Denmark - Copenhagen's public transport agency on Thursday ordered the immediate removal of posters opposing Israeli settlements on the capital's city buses after getting "a considerable amount of complaints."
- Denmark striker Nielsen convicted of violence against police Updated: Apr-23-15 9:38 am
COPENHAGEN, Denmark - A Danish court has given Denmark international and Evian striker Nicki Bille Nielsen a 60-day suspended jail sentence and 80 hours community service for violence against police officers who arrested him last year in Copenhagen after a night out.