- Company behind giant telescope moves forward amid talks Updated: May-24-15 5:19 pm
HILO, Hawaii - Aside from the ongoing standstill atop Mauna Kea, those behind the Thirty Meter Telescope are moving forward with the $1.4 billion project.
- Resident files new complaint over Big Island mayor's charges Updated: May-23-15 11:17 pm
HILO, Hawaii - A resident of Hawaii's Big Island is filing a new ethics complaint about Mayor Billy Kenoi's use of his county credit card.
- Honolulu mayor vetoes expanded sit-lie ban Updated: May-21-15 10:50 pm
HONOLULU - Honolulu Mayor Kirk Caldwell has vetoed a bill that would have expanded the city's ban on sitting and lying down on sidewalks.
- State removes large trees posing danger at Hilo airport Updated: May-21-15 4:00 pm
HILO, Hawaii - Crews are removing several large trees that could pose a danger to air traffic at Hilo International Airport.
- Event series to bring both sides on telescope issue together Updated: May-18-15 12:37 pm
HILO, Hawaii - A series of events are being held in order to bring together opposing sides on the controversial Thirty Meter Telescope project.
- Ethics board pauses inquiry into Big Isle mayor's spending Updated: May-14-15 1:38 pm
HILO, Hawaii - Hawaii County's ethics board wants the state attorney general to conclude an investigation into Mayor Billy Kenoi's questionable credit card expenses before proceeding with its own inquiry.
- University of Hawaii to get academic research network funds Updated: May-13-15 12:43 pm
HILO, Hawaii - The University of Hawaii is getting a $4.6 million grant from the National Science Foundation so it can invest in an international submarine cable network.