- Parents of boy missing since 1997 plead not guilty to murder Updated: Apr-30-16 2:39 pm
HILO, Hawaii - Parents of a Hawaii boy who has been missing for nearly 20 years have pleaded not guilty to murder charges.
- Waipio Valley residents try to secure land's future Updated: Apr-26-16 2:59 pm
HILO, Hawaii - A group of Waipio Valley residents is working with primary landowners to ensure farmers are protected as new stewardship plans are drawn up for the land on the Big Island.
- Attorney objects to judge appointment in telescope case Updated: Apr-22-16 9:24 am
HILO, Hawaii - A Honolulu attorney is asking the state to find another hearings officer to oversee the next contested case for the construction of the Thirty Meter Telescope over concerns of a conflict of interest.
- UH awards $31 million contract for pharmacy school building Updated: Apr-21-16 9:29 am
HILO, Hawaii - The University of Hawaii at Hilo has awarded a $31 million contract to construct a building for the pharmacy school, with plans for the project to begin this summer.
- State funds for pharmacy school to lapse in July Updated: Apr-16-16 12:12 pm
HILO, Hawaii - The University of Hawaii is approaching a July deadline to commit millions in state-approved funds for its long-awaited pharmacy school in Hilo.
- Bills funding fight against invasive pests die in Senate Updated: Apr-15-16 6:07 am
HILO, Hawaii - Two bills supporting efforts to combat invasive pests on the Big Island, including one that attacks a highly profitable agricultural crop, have failed to make it through the state Senate.
- Sexual harassment suit against ex-Hilo councilman appealed Updated: Apr-11-16 9:19 am
KAILUA-KONA, Hawaii - A complaint filed by former Hilo County Council member and mayoral candidate Stacy Higa claims the county didn't defend him properly in a sexual harassment case from nearly ten years ago.
- Arrested cardinal had blood alcohol level double legal limit Updated: Apr-09-16 11:58 am
HILO, Hawaii - A man who was once one of the highest-ranking American officials of the Roman Catholic Church had a blood alcohol level over twice the legal limit when he was arrested in August.
- Error may have affected thousands of mammograms in Hilo Updated: Apr-07-16 10:22 am
HILO, Hawaii - Doctors are warning patients that there could be inaccuracies in thousands of mammograms taken in a Hilo imaging center while it was using a faulty machine.
- Hawaii avocados headed to mainland after 1992 ban on exports Updated: Apr-07-16 9:22 am
HILO, Hawaii - Avocado growers in Hawaii are looking forward to the benefits of more lax federal export regulations that are allowing them to ship their products to the mainland.
- Big Island judges recuse themselves from mayor's theft case Updated: Apr-04-16 8:54 am
HILO, Hawaii - Several Big Island judges have recused themselves from the trial of Hawaii County Mayor Billy Kenoi, who is facing theft charges.