- Man deemed competent to face murder charge Updated: Dec-06-13 11:04 am
- Warden selected for Big Island prison Updated: Dec-04-13 2:13 pm
- Woman sentenced to 10 years in store robbery Updated: Dec-03-13 5:15 pm
- Car crashes into door of Hilo restaurant Updated: Dec-03-13 2:34 pm
- Firefighters contain Big Island wildfire Updated: Nov-26-13 10:28 pm
- Student recants report of Hilo knife assault Updated: Nov-26-13 12:27 pm
- Coqui frogs take over parts of Big Island Updated: Nov-25-13 6:40 pm
- Hawaii scores lopsided, 114-63 win over UH-Hilo Updated: Nov-22-13 2:11 am
- Big Island restricting tobacco sales to 21 and up Updated: Nov-21-13 7:23 pm
- Hawaii Isle mayor to decide on GMO bill next week Updated: Nov-21-13 2:20 pm
- Search suspended for overboard cruise passenger Updated: Nov-15-13 8:04 pm
- Monk seal birth prompts new park closing time Updated: Nov-14-13 3:34 pm
- Committee investigates Kauai bingabing trees Updated: Nov-11-13 4:02 pm
- Big Island police arrest man on burglary charges Updated: Nov-11-13 12:16 pm
HILO, Hawaii - A 44-year-old Big Island man has been deemed competent to stand trial on murder, terroristic threatening and weapons charges.
HILO, Hawaii - A warden has been named for a Big Island prison that will re-open next year.
HILO, Hawaii - A woman convicted of using a handgun to rob a Hilo clothing store of $257 was sentenced Monday to 10 years in prison.
HILO, Hawaii - A patron at a Hilo McDonald's restaurant ended up inside the building without getting out of his car.
HILO, Hawaii - State firefighters have contained a wildfire that burned nearly 600 acres on the Big Island.
HILO, Hawaii - A 19-year-old student has recanted her story that a man with a knife attempted to sexually assault her at the University of Hawaii at Hilo.
HILO, Hawaii - Coqui frogs have taken over some areas of the Big Island since they were accidentally introduced more than two decades ago, officials said.
HONOLULU - Christian Standhardinger had 22 points, 14 in the first half, to lead Hawaii to a lopsided, 114-63 win over intrastate rival UH-Hilo Thursday night.
HILO, Hawaii - Big Island lawmakers have agreed to raise the age minimum for buying tobacco to 21, making Hawaii County the first in the state to make the age older than 18.
HILO, Hawaii - Big Island Mayor Billy Kenoi says he will decide next week whether to veto a bill restricting genetically modified crops.
HILO, Hawaii - The Coast Guard has suspended its search of a woman reported overboard a cruise ship in Hawaii.
HILO, Hawaii - A Big Island beach park is closing earlier each night while it serves as a nursery.
LIHUE, Hawaii - A plant with umbrella-size leaves and a bad habit of choking out native species has taken up residence on Kauai.
HILO, Hawaii - Big Island police say a 32-year-old Kealakekua man has been charged with a burglary last month in Holualoa.