- Pay hikes proposed for Hawaii County officials Updated: Apr-18-14 4:31 pm
- Hilo charter school's build plans hit permit snag Updated: Apr-15-14 5:38 pm
- Drone training flights proposed for Hawaii site Updated: Apr-11-14 5:32 pm
- Waipio Valley residents eye bill involving land Updated: Apr-08-14 5:53 pm
- Name of Hilo man killed in car crash released Updated: Apr-08-14 11:43 am
- Volunteers begin space confinement mission Updated: Apr-01-14 5:09 pm
- Hawaiian Telcom seeks lease for 25 years of solar Updated: Mar-31-14 4:55 pm
- Hawaii man fights fire with miso soup, saves home Updated: Mar-23-14 1:29 am
- Hawaii utility considers liquefied natural gas Updated: Mar-21-14 5:55 pm
- UH Hilo wins $5M grant to study climate change Updated: Mar-21-14 9:04 am
HILO, Hawaii - Hawaii County officials who didn't get raises last year would see pay bumps under a proposal by the county's Salary Commission.
HILO, Hawaii - A hearing officer has advised the Hawaii County Planning Commission to deny a special permit to a Hilo charter school that wants to build a new campus.
HILO, Hawaii - The Pohakuloa Training Area on Hawaii's Big Island would host drone training flights for up to 12 weeks a year under a proposal to relocate unmanned aircraft to the state from California.
HILO, Hawaii - Waipio Valley residents gathered to voice their opinions about a bill that could create an avenue for the purchase of land from the Bernice Pauahi Bishop Museum.
HONOLULU - Big Island police have released the name of a 26-year-old man who died in a car crash on Keaau-Pahoa Road in Puna.
HILO, Hawaii - Six volunteers have begun a four-month stay in a small dome on Hawaii's Mauna Loa volcano to gauge the effects of long-time confinement in space missions.
HILO, Hawaii - Hawaiian Telcom is seeking to lease rooftop solar panels to generate its own power at 78 buildings around the state.
HILO, Hawaii - A Hawaii Island woman says her son saved her home from a fast-moving fire by quelling with a pot of miso soup.
HILO, Hawaii - Hawaiian Electric Co. is considering using liquefied natural gas to generate power, a switch the utility says would mean cleaner and less expensive fuel.
HONOLULU - The University of Hawaii at Hilo has received a second $5 million grant to study how plants, animals and microbes respond to climate change.