- Big Island geothermal power expansion on hold Updated: Mar-12-14 3:49 pm
- Hawaii considers using old pipeline for biofuel Updated: Mar-12-14 12:14 am
- Kau coffee farmers worried about pending land sale Updated: Mar-10-14 6:11 pm
- Judge halts Big Island GMO registration rules Updated: Mar-10-14 2:26 pm
- Papahanaumokuakea monument center reopening Updated: Mar-09-14 12:05 pm
- Hilo officer recounts effects of shooting Updated: Mar-04-14 3:54 pm
- Search called off for man on Hilo-Calif. voyage Updated: Feb-28-14 12:35 pm
- Hawaii County moves toward waste-to-energy plant Updated: Feb-27-14 6:07 pm
- Unmanned aircraft to help study wiliwili trees Updated: Feb-25-14 1:35 pm
- Ex-banker admits stealing from Hilo Little League Updated: Feb-24-14 5:34 pm
- University approves lease for largest telescope Updated: Feb-20-14 10:40 pm
- Woman, likely Big Island's oldest resident, dies Updated: Feb-17-14 2:08 am
- Some West Hawaii pastures growing grass again Updated: Feb-12-14 5:24 pm
- Woman charged with using hatchet in robbery Updated: Feb-12-14 1:44 pm
- Big Island power plant pollution permit rejected Updated: Feb-11-14 4:07 pm
HILO, Hawaii - Hawaii Electric Light Co. is putting the brakes on an effort to expand geothermal power on the Big Island after an independent observer criticized the utility for lacking sufficient planning.
HILO, Hawaii - Hawaii's Department of Land and Natural Resources is considering transporting biofuel from ships through an old pipeline on the Big Island.
HILO, Hawaii - Kau farmers are anxious over the pending sale of lands where they've worked to cultivate some of world's best coffee.
HILO, Hawaii - A judge is putting on hold Hawaii County's registration requirements for growers of genetically modified crops.
HILO, Hawaii - A downtown Hilo education center for the Papahanaumokuakea Marine National Monument is reopening this month after a year of refurbishing.
HILO, Hawaii - One of the Hilo police officers shot in the leg during an incident last year testified that the ordeal led to pain, sleepless nights and some depression.
HONOLULU - The Coast Guard has called off a search for a man sailing alone from Hawaii to San Francisco.
HILO, Hawaii - Hawaii County will begin seeking proposals for a waste-to-energy facility - by far the county's largest public works project - next week, Mayor Billy Kenoi said.
HILO, Hawaii - Unmanned aircraft will help researchers study a struggling Hawaiian tree species.
HILO, Hawaii - A former Bank of Hawaii banker has pleaded guilty to embezzling tens of thousands of dollars from various Big Island organizations, including a Little League team.
HONOLULU - The University of Hawaii on Thursday approved a plan to lease land at the summit of Mauna Kea for construction of the world's largest optical telescope.
HILO, Hawaii - A 107-year-old woman believed to be the Big Island's oldest resident has died.
HILO, Hawaii - Severe drought conditions have lessened slightly on the Big Island's west side thanks to heavier-than-normal rains in leeward areas last month. But the normally rainier east side of the island had less than average precipitation.
KAILUA-KONA, Hawaii - A 25-year-old Ocean View woman who prosecutors say used a hatchet to try to steal a purple Corvette in January is charged with robbery, assault and other counts.
HILO, Hawaii - The Environmental Protection Agency has ordered the state's Clean Air Branch to modify or reissue an air-pollution permit for a proposed Big Island power plant that would generate electricity from eucalyptus trees and other plant matter.