- Woman born without legs or arms perseveres as role-model Updated: Aug-01-15 9:08 am
HILO, Hawaii - Pauline Aughe got her driver's license when she was 28.
- Big Island farmers to participate in feral pig project Updated: Jul-30-15 3:16 pm
HILO, Hawaii - Five Big Island farmers have signed up to join federal efforts in a conversation pilot program aimed at addressing feral pig management.
- Hawaii County sees most suicides in state Updated: Jul-30-15 2:38 pm
HILO, Hawaii - Suicide has surpassed traffic fatalities as the number one cause of death in Hawaii and Hawaii County is seeing the most instances in the state.
- 2 cruise ship workers injured while docked in Hilo Updated: Jul-29-15 4:24 pm
HILO, Hawaii - Officials say two crewmembers of Norwegian Cruise Line's Pride of America were seriously injured while working aboard the ship when it was docked in the port of Hilo.
- Honolulu drops plan to turn Hilo Hattie store into shelter Updated: Jul-28-15 10:33 pm
HONOLULU - Honolulu officials are abandoning a plan to convert a Hilo Hattie store into an emergency homeless shelter.
- Agriculture lots proposed for Native Hawaiians Updated: Jul-28-15 9:05 am
HILO, Hawaii - The Department of Hawaiian Home Lands is proposing a new subdivision that would make 80 agriculture lots in Panaewa available to beneficiaries.
- Worker at Waikoloa resort electrocuted Updated: Jul-23-15 9:05 am
HILO, Hawaii - A 34-year-old worker died after an industrial accident at a Waikoloa resort.
- Audit finds misuse of Hawaii County credit cards not common Updated: Jul-21-15 2:10 pm
HILO, Hawaii - An audit of the Hawaii County government found that misuse of county credit cards is not widespread, but confined to Mayor Billy Kenoi's office and one other department.
- Heat wave continues in Hilo Updated: Jul-18-15 3:19 pm
HILO, Hawaii - A record-breaking heat wave that began in late June is keeping things sweltering in East Hawaii.
- Man who barricaded himself in home faces 22 charges Updated: Jul-17-15 9:08 am
HILO, Hawaii - A man who barricaded himself in his home Monday night after a domestic incident has been slapped with 22 charges.
- Woman pleads no contest to embezzling from football league Updated: Jul-17-15 9:07 am
HILO, Hawaii - A 55-year-old Waimea woman has pleaded no contest to embezzling almost $100,000 from the Big Island Pop Warner Football Conference.
- UH Hilo to fly US, Hawaii flag at equal heights Updated: Jul-16-15 9:05 am
HILO, Hawaii - The University of Hawaii at Hilo will soon boast two flag poles so as to display both the U.S. and Hawaii state flags at equal heights after protesters removed the American flag late last year.
- Big Island councilman asks for input on squatter problem Updated: Jul-15-15 9:04 am
HILO, Hawaii - In response to complaints about squatters, a Hawaii County Councilman is seeking public comment in an effort to find a solution.
- Repairs to Laupahoehoe Harbor breakwater to begin this month Updated: Jul-12-15 5:19 pm
HILO, Hawaii - Repairs to the breakwater at Laupahoehoe Harbor on the Hamakua Coast are set to begin this month and be completed by February 2016.
- Researchers hope to double number of geothermal study sites Updated: Jul-08-15 9:04 am
HILO, Hawaii - Researchers with the University of Hawaii are looking to more than double the number of geothermal energy survey sites they originally intended to study.