- Adventist still considering possible HHSC partnership Updated: Nov-24-15 9:26 am
HILO, Hawaii - A representative of Adventist Health is looking into the financials of East Hawaii's publicly funded hospital system, as his nonprofit organization considers a partnership with the financially troubled health care facilities.
- Hawaii County tries to cut down on mosquito breeding grounds Updated: Nov-22-15 3:08 pm
HILO, Hawaii - Disused tires collect water and give mosquitoes a breeding ground, which Hawaii County is trying to reduce amid a dengue fever outbreak by offering free recycling.
- Hilo man charged with 2 murders may get second mental exam Updated: Nov-18-15 10:08 am
HONOLULU - A Big Island man accused of a double-homicide may undergo a second round of mental health evaluations to determine whether he is fit to stand trial.
- Big Island group looks to put telescope on the moon Updated: Nov-17-15 8:53 am
HILO, Hawaii - While debate continues to surround whether one of the world's largest telescopes should be built on Mauna Kea, a Big Island organization is working to land a 2-meter telescope on the moon.
- Montana State hangs on to beat Hawaii-Hilo, 90-85 Updated: Nov-14-15 9:15 pm
HONOLULU - Stephan Holm scored 19 points to help lead Montana State to a 90-85 win over Hawaii-Hilo on Saturday night.
- Ohia wilt now killing trees in western areas of Big Island Updated: Nov-12-15 8:25 am
KAILUA-KONA, Hawaii - Officials say a tree-killing fungus that covered more than 16,000 acres on the eastern part of the Big Island has now been discovered in the western areas of Holualoa and Kealakekua.
- Hawaii County settles suit over beach drowning Updated: Nov-10-15 9:55 am
HILO, Hawaii - Hawaii County has agreed to pay $20,000 to settle a lawsuit filed by a woman whose husband drowned in Punaluu Black Sand Beach during their 2008 honeymoon.
- Father of missing boy released, mom charged with theft Updated: Nov-07-15 3:23 pm
HILO, Hawaii - The father of a boy missing since 1997 is no longer in custody and has not been charged in connection with a welfare fraud investigation.
- Big Island looks for alternatives to jailing mentally ill Updated: Nov-06-15 7:54 am
HILO, Hawaii - Hawaii County officials are taking steps to address the incarceration of mentally ill individuals on the Big Island who end up in overcrowded facilities.
- Parents of missing boy arrested on drug, weapons offenses Updated: Nov-05-15 9:52 pm
HILO, Hawaii - Hawaii County police have arrested the parents of a missing boy after serving a search warrant in a welfare fraud investigation.
- Stolen Buddhist temple bell found north of Hilo Updated: Nov-01-15 3:21 pm
HILO, Hawaii - Officials at a Hawaii Buddhist temple are looking for ways to better secure a bell that's nearly a century old and was found after going missing for more than a week.
- Family of slain Big Island man sues county, state Updated: Oct-30-15 8:54 am
HILO, Hawaii - The family of a Big Island man who was allegedly killed by a man who escaped from a mental hospital is suing the state and the county.