- Suspicious death of inmate at state prison probed Updated: Jul-29-15 5:40 pm
CUMBERLAND, Maryland - Maryland's State Police say they're investigating the apparent slaying of a state prison inmate found lying on his bunk with a bedsheet around his neck at the maximum-security Western Correctional Institution near Cumberland.
- Authorities: Woman faces over 150 animal cruelty charges Updated: Jul-29-15 10:16 am
CUMBERLAND, Maryland - Authorities say a Cumberland woman has been charged with more than 150 counts of animal cruelty.
- John D. Smith Jr. named managing editor of Cumberland paper Updated: Jul-28-15 6:10 pm
CUMBERLAND, Maryland - John D. Smith Jr. has been named managing editor of The Cumberland Times-News.
- Prison program saves pets, brings 'calming effect' Updated: Jul-26-15 9:04 am
HAGERSTOWN, Maryland - Since a prison pet program began last July at the Maryland Correctional Training Center south of Hagerstown, 43 dogs and 16 cats have been rescued, officials said on July 21.
- Monty Pagenhardt retires as Garrett County administrator Updated: Jul-24-15 11:19 am
OAKLAND, Maryland - When Monty Pagenhardt says "the good people of Garrett County," that's not just empty rhetoric.
- Inmate death ruled a homicide; state police have a suspect Updated: Jul-17-15 5:25 pm
CUMBERLAND, Maryland - Maryland State Police say the death of an inmate in a Cumberland prison has been ruled a homicide.
- Former volunteer firefighter gets 7 years in arson case Updated: Jul-10-15 3:52 pm
CUMBERLAND, Maryland - A former volunteer firefighter has been sentenced to seven years in prison for setting fires.
- Medical marijuana grower buys land in Allegany County Updated: Jul-07-15 11:50 am
CUMBERLAND, Maryland - A company planning to grow medical marijuana has purchased land in Allegany County to cultivate the plant.
- Cumberland police: Man charged with kidnapping girl, 16 Updated: Jul-07-15 6:58 am
CUMBERLAND, Maryland - Cumberland police say they've charged a 36-year-old man with kidnapping a 16-year-old girl.
- Cumberland man pleads guilty to manslaughter in stabbing Updated: Jul-06-15 12:00 pm
CUMBERLAND, Maryland - A Cumberland man has pleaded guilty to manslaughter and first-degree assault in a double stabbing in the western Maryland city earlier this year.