- 1 dead after solo-car crash in Loudoun County Updated: Apr-19-14 10:58 pm
- Death toll from Va. Beach crash doubles to 4 Updated: Apr-19-14 1:31 pm
- Heroin dealer gets 30 years after 3 customers die Updated: Apr-19-14 1:28 pm
- Va. Beach mulls arena that could lure NBA, NHL Updated: Apr-19-14 11:50 am
- Va. residents advised to keep food away from bears Updated: Apr-19-14 11:10 am
- ODU helps develop evacuation model for disasters Updated: Apr-19-14 11:05 am
- U.Va. revokes 2 fraternities' charters for hazing Updated: Apr-19-14 10:06 am
- Police: 4 found dead after Petersburg fire Updated: Apr-19-14 9:43 am
- Body found in Hanover County identified Updated: Apr-18-14 4:47 pm
- Cargo ship refloated after being grounded in Va. Updated: Apr-18-14 4:43 pm
- Conservative think tank CEO headed to Virginia Updated: Apr-18-14 4:38 pm
- TSA: Ind. man arrested after gun found in bag Updated: Apr-18-14 2:25 pm
- USS Harry S. Truman, strike group returns to Va. Updated: Apr-18-14 12:01 pm
- Va.'s jobless rate rises to 5 pct in March Updated: Apr-18-14 11:31 am
- Va. gov. changes policies on felons' voting rights Updated: Apr-18-14 11:22 am
- Northwest Va. meeting to focus on heroin use Updated: Apr-18-14 10:10 am
- Va. water authorities to split cost of new plant Updated: Apr-18-14 7:46 am
- James River Coal wants to auction off business Updated: Apr-18-14 5:43 am
- Coast Guard cutter heading home to Va. waters Updated: Apr-18-14 3:05 am
- U.Va. visitors to weigh tuition increases Updated: Apr-18-14 2:49 am
- Va. man gets prison for heroin death Updated: Apr-18-14 2:34 am
- Judge refuses to toss sentence for ID theft Updated: Apr-18-14 2:04 am
- Tug-of-war arises in W.Va. for man sought in Va. Updated: Apr-18-14 2:04 am
- McAuliffe, Warner donate funds tied to straw donor Updated: Apr-17-14 7:49 pm
- Va. base to be home for embassy training center Updated: Apr-17-14 7:17 pm
LEESBURG, Virginia - Virginia State Police say a man is dead after a single-car crash in Loudoun County.
VIRGINIA BEACH, Virginia - Two more people have died from injuries suffered in a car crash in Virginia Beach, increasing the toll to four.
ALEXANDRIA, Virginia - A D.C. drug dealer has been sentenced to 30 years in prison after three of his customers in Fairfax County died.
VIRGINIA BEACH, Virginia - The Virginia Beach metropolitan area is one of the largest in the country without a major professional sports team, and numerous attempts to lure one here have repeatedly left sports fans in the area disappointed.
ROANOKE, Virginia - To us, a bird feeder swinging from a tree looks as tasty as a handful of sawdust. But to a scrawny bear emerging from his winter den, that bird feeder might as well be an Easter basket brimming with malted eggs and peanut butter cups.
VIRGINIA BEACH, Virginia - It took nine hours to get most of the people to the interstate across the river when the zombies closed in on Charleston, West Virginia
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Virginia - The University of Virginia is revoking the charters of two fraternities for hazing.
PETERSBURG, Virginia - Petersburg police say they are investigating the deaths of four people after a house fire.
HANOVER, Virginia - The Hanover County Sheriff's Office has identified a body found behind a business on Wednesday as that of a 55-year-old Petersburg man.
VIRGINIA BEACH, Virginia - A 751-foot cargo ship that ran aground in the Chesapeake Bay has been refloated.
PORTLAND, Maine - The CEO of the Maine Heritage Policy Center is resigning at the end of April to lead Virginia-based State Budget Solutions, a think tank that aims to help states develop fiscally sound budgets.
LYNCHBURG, Virginia - TSA officers at Lynchburg Regional Airport arrested a Bedford, Indiana, man after they found a loaded gun in his carry-on baggage.
NORFOLK, Virginia - Thousands of sailors were greeted Friday by cheerful friends and family who packed a pier at Naval Station Norfolk to welcome them home from a nine-month deployment.
RICHMOND, Virginia - The Virginia Employment Commission says the state's jobless rate rose slightly to 5 percent in March.
RICHMOND, Virginia - Gov. Terry McAuliffe announced policy changes Friday that will make it easier for violent felons and drug offenders to regain their voting rights.
WINCHESTER, Virginia - Community leaders are coming together in Winchester to discuss what police call an alarming increase in heroin use.
BEDFORD, Virginia - Two regional water authorities are planning to split the cost of a new $14 million Smith Mountain Lake water treatment facility.
RICHMOND, Virginia - James River Coal Co. intends to sell parts or all of its business at an auction in July.
PORTSMOUTH, Virginia - A Coast Guard cutter is heading back to Virginia waters after intercepting more than $100 million in cocaine in the Caribbean.
ABINGDON, Virginia - The University of Virginia Board of Visitors meets next week to set tuition rates for the next academic year.
HARRISONBURG, Virginia - A Harrisonburg man who sold a deadly dose of heroin has been sentenced to 20 years in prison.
RICHMOND, Virginia - A federal judge has refused to throw out a Richmond woman's 14-year prison sentence for helping illegal aliens obtain driver's licenses and other identification.
WHEELING, West Virginia - A public defender in West Virginia says a northern Virginia man sought for questioning in three slayings is being held illegally.
RICHMOND, Virginia - Gov. Terry McAuliffe and U.S. Sen Mark Warner are donating to charity funds tied to a wealthy hotel executive and Democratic fundraiser who pleaded guilty to campaign finance violations.
RICHMOND, Virginia - Members of Virginia's congressional delegation say Fort Pickett will be the home of a training center for U.S. diplomatic personnel assigned to high-threat areas around the globe.