- GOP Rep. Randy Forbes said he's switching districts Updated: Feb-08-16 3:29 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - Facing a difficult road to re-election thanks to a new congressional map, Republican U.S. Rep. Randy Forbes announced Monday that he is switching to a more GOP-friendly district.
- Advocates say proposed parole fix would have little impact Updated: Feb-08-16 12:40 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - Advocates for Virginia's prisoners say a bill aimed at helping inmates who may have been given inflated sentences would have little impact.
- Dominion teams up with energy company on Virginia solar farm Updated: Feb-08-16 12:28 pm
CHESAPEAKE, Virginia - Dominion Virginia Power is teaming up with a North Carolina energy company to create the largest solar farm in Hampton Roads.
- Trial begins for mom of 5-year-old found dead in septic tank Updated: Feb-08-16 10:27 am
PULASKI, Virginia - The mother of a Virginia boy who died in a septic tank is in court for trial on abuse and neglect charges.
- Gas leak leads to explosion inside home in Woodbridge Updated: Feb-08-16 9:12 am
WOODBRIDGE, Virginia - Fire crews say a gas leak lead to an explosion at a home in Woodbridge.
- Coast Guard: Dye test aims to find Potomac oil sheen source Updated: Feb-08-16 7:45 am
ARLINGTON, Virginia - The U.S. Coast Guard says a dye test will be conducted in the Potomac River and Roaches Run Waterfowl Sanctuary near Arlington, Virginia, to find the source of oil sheens spotted on the river.
- WWII vet begins journey to reunite with wartime girlfriend Updated: Feb-08-16 7:23 am
NORFOLK, Virginia - A World War II veteran has embarked on a 10,500-mile journey to visit his wartime girlfriend after more than 70 years apart.
- Authorities warn public of phone scam asking for money Updated: Feb-08-16 5:40 am
NORFOLK, Virginia - Norfolk deputies are warning citizens about a phone scam in which someone has been impersonating a sheriff's deputy and asking for money.
- Ashland citizens concerned with rail construction option Updated: Feb-08-16 4:54 am
ASHLAND, Virginia - Ashland citizens are expressing concerns about a construction plan for a proposed high-speed rail between Richmond and Washington.
- Monday is deadline to register to vote in Virginia primaries Updated: Feb-08-16 3:01 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - Virginians who aren't registered to vote but want to cast ballots in the March 1 presidential primary need to act fast.
- Curry's 31 helps James Madison beat Hofstra 98-95 in OT Updated: Feb-07-16 6:28 pm
HARRISONBURG, Virginia - Ron Curry had seven 3-pointers and a career-high 31 points and Shakir Brown had eight of his 15 in overtime as James Madison defeated Hofstra 98-95 on Sunday.
- Correction: Genworth-Layoffs story Updated: Feb-07-16 5:48 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - In a story Feb. 6 about layoffs at Genworth Financial Inc., The Associated Press reported erroneous numbers and misidentified a company spokesman. The total number of layoffs is 330, not approximately 400, with 70 of those in Richmond and 200 in Lynchburg - not between 75 and 100 in Richmond and 39 in Lynchburg. The figures came from spokeswoman Julie Westerman, not Al Orendorff.
- State police investigate nonfatal shooting by deputy sheriff Updated: Feb-07-16 5:29 pm
WINCHESTER, Virginia - Virginia State Police say they are investigating a nonfatal shooting by a Frederick County deputy sheriff.
- GOP opts for nominating convention in 5th District Updated: Feb-07-16 3:26 pm
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Virginia - Republicans in Virginia's 5th District will choose their nominee for Congress in a convention instead of an open primary.
- Volvo scales back layoffs at southwest Virginia truck plant Updated: Feb-07-16 2:03 pm
DUBLIN, Virginia - Volvo Trucks says it will lay off fewer workers at its Pulaski County plant than previously announced.
- Vet's three-year battle with Montana VA ends in victory Updated: Feb-07-16 2:01 pm
GREAT FALLS, Montana - A Missoula veteran has won a victory in his three-year battle with the Veterans Administration over his traumatic brain injury.
- VCU graduate Robert Caldwell is a master of wildlife art Updated: Feb-07-16 12:48 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - Robert Louis Caldwell sat still for a moment, a look of quiet contemplation masking the mischievous smile that was to come.
- Stafford citizens form multicultural coalition Updated: Feb-07-16 12:47 pm
STAFFORD, Virginia - Allen Goad's commute home July 3, 2015, left him alarmed and angry.
- Cooke scores 24 as No. 24 Dayton beats George Maso Updated: Feb-06-16 9:50 pm
FAIRFAX, Virginia - If there was ever a doubt as to how No. 24 Dayton would respond with its leading scorer coming off the bench for the first time this season, those concerns were erased early as Charles Cooke scored 18 of his game-high 24 points in the first half of the Flyers' 98-64 victory over George Mason on Saturday night.
- Cline's 24 points help Richmond beat UMass 69-53 Updated: Feb-06-16 9:16 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - T.J. Cline scored 24 points, Terry Allen tied a career high collecting 16 rebounds and ShawnDre' Jones dealt a career-high nine assists and Richmond beat Massachusetts 69-53 Saturday night.
- Zach LeDay's 19 points lift Hokies past Clemson Updated: Feb-06-16 7:56 pm
BLACKSBURG, Virginia - In their last game, the Virginia Tech Hokies let a late lead slip away in an overtime loss at Syracuse.
- No. 9 Virginia pulls away from Pitt 64-50 Updated: Feb-06-16 5:26 pm
PITTSBURGH - Malcolm Brodgon's Virginia teammates still bring up the winning 3-pointer he drilled at Pittsburgh two years ago, the one that won the game in the middle of a 13-game winning streak and propelled the Cavaliers to the ACC title.
- William & Mary rolls to 90-64 win over Delaware Updated: Feb-06-16 5:11 pm
WILLIAMSBURG, Virginia - Omar Prewitt scored 21 points as William & Mary rolled to a 90-64 win over Delaware on Saturday for its fourth-straight victory.
- Escaped work-release inmate from Va. is captured in Fla. Updated: Feb-06-16 4:32 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - Authorities say an escaped work-release inmate from Henrico County, Virginia, has been captured in Florida, three days after he removed his GPS monitoring device and fled the state.
- Feds: Drug dealer used cake shop to launder money Updated: Feb-06-16 4:11 pm
VIRGINIA BEACH, Virginia - A couple who co-owns a Virginia Beach bakery is facing federal money laundering and drug charges.