- UCLA wins shootout to reach NCAA title game Updated: Dec-06-13 11:56 pm
- Owner of Va. investment firm gets 12 years Updated: Dec-06-13 5:37 pm
- Va. Senate special election set Jan. 7 Updated: Dec-06-13 5:26 pm
- Governor advises Virginians to prepare for storm Updated: Dec-06-13 5:04 pm
- New president selected at Virginia Tech Updated: Dec-06-13 2:29 pm
- US OKs offshore wind-testing lease to Va.'s DMME Updated: Dec-06-13 11:04 am
- Proposed VRS venture heading to study panel Updated: Dec-06-13 9:30 am
- Va. to introduce new mental health protocols Updated: Dec-06-13 7:35 am
- Death penalty ruled out in Va. triple slaying Updated: Dec-06-13 6:17 am
- Pearl Harbor remembrance set in Richmond Updated: Dec-06-13 3:06 am
- Va. governor has a 5-stop Friday Updated: Dec-06-13 3:04 am
- Va. chief justice names commission members Updated: Dec-06-13 2:58 am
- McDonnell welcomes offshore Va. energy report Updated: Dec-06-13 2:58 am
- Norfolk State edges Florida A&M 91-87 Updated: Dec-05-13 11:21 pm
- Former Va. Gov. Wilder: Mandela 'a moral giant' Updated: Dec-05-13 8:52 pm
- Redskins defense faces mass free agent exodus Updated: Dec-05-13 6:41 pm
- Lights, trees, gingerbread: Holiday events Updated: Dec-05-13 5:08 pm
- Women's College Cup looks a lot like ACC tourney Updated: Dec-05-13 4:41 pm
- ODU board approves expansion, new stadium Updated: Dec-05-13 2:46 pm
- GMU player suspended after stepping on opponent Updated: Dec-05-13 1:23 pm
- Anheuser-Busch plans $10M investment in Va brewery Updated: Dec-05-13 12:40 pm
- US ag secretary touts farm efforts in bay cleanup Updated: Dec-05-13 12:19 pm
- Body ID'd as that of missing Lynchburg teen Updated: Dec-05-13 12:17 pm
- Va.'s jobless rate holds steady in October Updated: Dec-05-13 12:10 pm
- Dominion makes names presidents of 2 units Updated: Dec-05-13 11:23 am
CARY, North Carolina - Rosie White pushed UCLA into the NCAA Women's College Cup final, scoring the decisive penalty kick against Virginia after the teams tied 1-1 on Friday night.
ALEXANDRIA, Virginia - The owner of a northern Virginia financial firm has been sentenced to 12 years in prison after pleading guilty to a wire fraud that prosecutors say cheated investors out of more than $35 million.
RICHMOND, Virginia - A special election will be held Jan. 7 to fill the seat of state Sen. Ralph Northam, who was elected lieutenant governor in November.
RICHMOND, Virginia - Gov. Bob McDonnell is urging Virginians to prepare for a possible major ice storm.
BLACKSBURG, Virginia - Timothy D. Sands, executive vice president and provost at Purdue University, has been named the 16th president of Virginia Tech.
RICHMOND, Virginia - The Virginia Department of Mines, Minerals and Energy has taken a big step in its quest to collect data off the coast ahead of wind turbine development in Atlantic waters.
RICHMOND, Virginia - The Virginia Retirement System will study a proposed venture to manage investments for other public and potentially private funds.
RICHMOND, Virginia - Virginia mental health officials are introducing changes in 2014 to ensure that hospital beds will be available for people who pose a danger to themselves or others.
MADISON, Virginia - A Newport News man will not face the prospect of a death sentence if he's convicted in the slayings of three family members in Madison County.
RICHMOND, Virginia - A Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day ceremony is set at the Virginia War Memorial in Richmond.
NEWPORT NEWS, Virginia - Gov. Bob McDonnell will deliver remarks at the opening of the Newport News Apprentice School at Newport News Shipbuilding.
RICHMOND, Virginia - Virginia Supreme Court Justice S. Bernard Goodwyn will chair a commission to recommend ways to improve legal services for low-income residents in civil cases.
RICHMOND, Virginia - An industry-sponsored study concludes the development of oil and gas reserves off Virginia's coast would create thousands of jobs and grow the economy.
NORFOLK, Virginia - Malcolm Hawkins scored 20 points and made 13 of 14 free throws, helping seal the game as Norfolk State edged Florida A&M 91-87 on Thursday night in the conference opener for both teams.
RICHMOND, Virginia - The nation's first elected black governor says the world lost "a moral giant" and he lost a friend with the death of Nelson Mandela.
ASHBURN, Virginia - Brian Orakpo started getting sacks just as the Washington Redskins season fell apart. London Fletcher hasn't played up to his usual standard, but he's set to take the field for his 253rd consecutive game - sprained ankle and all.
NEW YORK - Lights, trees, gingerbread and the Grinch are among the Christmastime attractions on display around the country. Here are some details.
CARY, North Carolina - The Women's College Cup looks an awful lot like an ACC tournament.
NORFOLK, Virginia - Old Dominion University's governing board has approved a plan to double its classroom, research and student support space over the next 20 years.
FAIRFAX, Virginia - George Mason has suspended Anali Okoloji after the junior forward stepped on an opposing player during the Patriots' loss to South Florida.
WILLIAMSBURG, Virginia - Anheuser-Busch says it will invest $10 million in its Williamsburg brewery to help expand its packaging operation.
RICHMOND, Virginia - Farmers have significantly reduced the flow of pollutants into the Chesapeake Bay, with new conservation practices keeping more than 15 million tons of sediment alone out of the estuary, a report released Thursday said.
LYNCHBURG, Virginia - Lynchburg police say a body found in a heavily wooded area has been identified as that of a missing teenager.
RICHMOND, Virginia - Virginia's seasonally adjusted unemployment rate remained steady in October at 5.6 percent.
RICHMOND, Virginia - Dominion has named two executives as presidents of its Dominion Virginia Power and Dominion Energy units.