- Recent editorials from Texas newspapers Updated: Nov-24-15 8:31 pm
The Dallas Morning News. Nov. 23, 2015.
- Los Angeles focus on vision, public support for Olympic bid Updated: Nov-20-15 5:15 pm
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - Leaders of Los Angeles' bid to host the 2024 Olympics took away two clear ideas from meetings at IOC headquarters on Friday.
- Prominent German neo-Nazi convicted of Holocaust denial Updated: Nov-13-15 3:31 am
BERLIN - An 87-year-old German woman who is a prominent neo-Nazi has been convicted of Holocaust denial and sentenced to 10 months in prison.
- Helmut Schmidt dies at 96, ex-chancellor and elder statesman Updated: Nov-11-15 12:36 am
BERLIN - Helmut Schmidt was blunt and down to earth, decisive and brimming with self-confidence.
- Former West German Chancellor Helmut Schmidt dies at age 96 Updated: Nov-10-15 7:39 pm
BERLIN - Helmut Schmidt, the chancellor who guided West Germany through economic turbulence and Cold War tensions, stood firm against a wave of homegrown terrorism and became a respected elder statesman, died Tuesday. He was 96.
- Timeline of Helmut Schmidt's career Updated: Nov-10-15 9:52 am
BERLIN - A timeline of the career of Helmut Schmidt:
- Thousands form giant Olympic rings in Hamburg Updated: Nov-08-15 9:30 am
HAMBURG, Germany - Thousands of people have gathered in a Hamburg park to form giant Olympic rings, weeks before the city's residents vote on whether its bid for the 2024 Games should go ahead.