- Iowa police ask people not to use gun-shaped phone case Updated: Jul-04-15 5:38 pm
SIOUX CITY, Iowa - Law enforcement officials in Sioux City are urging people not to use a cellphone case that looks like a gun, saying the device could be confused for the real thing.
- Era of elevator operators expires in Sioux City Updated: Jul-01-15 2:08 pm
SIOUX CITY, Iowa - A nearly century-old building shuttered its manual elevators Tuesday with plans to replace them with automatic ones, marking the end of Sioux City's era of elevator operators.
- Tip leads to arrest of Iowa fugitive who fled in 1999 Updated: Jun-30-15 6:29 pm
SIOUX CITY, Iowa - A tip from the public on the potential whereabouts of a longtime Iowa fugitive has led to his arrest in Mexico.
- Ex-Iowa egg farm manager gets probation after assisting feds Updated: Jun-30-15 5:41 pm
SIOUX CITY, Iowa - A former Iowa egg farm manager will avoid jail time after cooperating with investigators in a criminal prosecution stemming from a 2010 salmonella outbreak.
- Camp lifts spirits of girl with special needs Updated: Jun-27-15 11:17 am
SIOUX CITY, Iowa - Every summer, Bayleigh Schrunk goes off to camp.
- Man accused of fatally stabbing girlfriend in Sioux City Updated: Jun-24-15 11:22 am
SIOUX CITY, Iowa - A 35-year-old man has been charged with murder in the fatal stabbing of a woman in her Sioux City apartment.
- Sioux City approves land sale for $264M pork plant Updated: Jun-23-15 11:25 am
SIOUX CITY, Iowa - Sioux City officials have approved a land sale for a planned $264 million pork processing plant that's expected to employ around 1,100 people after its anticipated 2017 opening.
- Data show few appeal traffic camera citations in Iowa Updated: Jun-21-15 5:52 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - Data show drivers in Iowa's largest cities don't often appeal citations from traffic enforcement cameras.
- $8M in tax credits OK'd for Sioux City hotel, development Updated: Jun-20-15 3:47 pm
SIOUX CITY, Iowa - A state board has given preliminary approval for $8 million in tax credits for a downtown Sioux City hotel and a series of big-ticket projects.
- Sioux City police to reward kids for wearing bike helmets Updated: Jun-20-15 2:04 pm
SIOUX CITY, Iowa - Children caught by Sioux City police wearing protective helmets while on their bicycles will be issued tickets - for free ice cream.
- Local pools feel squeeze of decreasing lifeguard numbers Updated: Jun-20-15 10:48 am
HOLSTEIN, Iowa - Donna Bremer recalls a time some two decades ago when lifeguarding at the Holstein pool was one of the most sought-after summer jobs for teens.
- Sioux City man sentenced to prison for carjacking Updated: Jun-17-15 4:53 pm
SIOUX CITY, Iowa - A northwest Iowa man convicted of firing a handgun in connection to a carjacking last year has been sentenced to more than a decade in federal prison.
- 2 workers at wastewater plant no longer Sioux City employees Updated: Jun-16-15 6:41 pm
SIOUX CITY, Iowa - Sioux City officials have confirmed that two workers at its wastewater treatment plant are no longer employed by the city.
- Clinton: Obama should use trade fight to his advantage Updated: Jun-15-15 12:02 am
DES MOINES, Iowa - Hillary Rodham Clinton said Sunday that President Barack Obama should use a setback in Congress to seek the best possible trade agreement with 11 other Pacific Rim nations, pointing to the stumbles over the pact as an opportunity to address Democrats' concerns about job protections and wages.
- Sioux City man pleads not guilty in hammer attack Updated: Jun-12-15 9:50 am
SIOUX CITY, Iowa - A 26-year-old Sioux City man accused of breaking into a woman apartment and using a hammer to beat her has pleaded not guilty to several charges.
- Iowa commission votes to direct $286M to US Highway 20 plan Updated: Jun-10-15 3:43 pm
SIOUX CITY, Iowa - The Iowa Transportation Commission has voted to direct $286.4 million to finish expanding U.S. Highway 20 to four lanes in northwestern Iowa.
- This summer's popular bike ride across Iowa route set Updated: Jun-06-15 3:29 pm
SIOUX CITY, Iowa - This year's route for a popular bike ride across Iowa has been set and tested, and participants are being forewarned that the first day will be the hardest.
- Pac-Man, now 35, played big part in Iowa couple's courtship Updated: Jun-06-15 10:45 am
SIOUX CITY, Iowa - Yes, gamers, you've got it good nowadays.