- Iowa veterans looking for ways to save World War I cannon Updated: May-03-16 3:58 pm
SIOUX CITY, Iowa - Some veterans have given themselves a new mission: Restore the cannon at Memorial Park Cemetery in Sioux City.
- Sioux City volunteers install more than 600 smoke detectors Updated: May-02-16 9:01 am
SIOUX CITY, Iowa - Organizers say volunteers installed more than 600 smoke detectors in Sioux City homes during a fire safety blitz.
- Iowa center for abused children raising $2 million to expand Updated: May-01-16 6:26 pm
SIOUX CITY, Iowa - A center for abused children in Sioux City is raising $2 million for an expansion project.
- 71 Army reservists depart Starkville for Middle East service Updated: May-01-16 4:31 pm
- Flood warnings issued for northwest Iowa rivers Updated: Apr-28-16 8:51 am
SIOUX CITY, Iowa - Heavy rainfall over the past two days in northwest Iowa has swollen area rivers with storm runoff.
- Ex-Sioux City band director pleads guilty in sex case Updated: Apr-27-16 1:21 pm
SIOUX CITY, Iowa - A former Sioux City band teacher has pleaded guilty in a student sex case and likely will serve 30 days in jail under a plea agreement with prosecutors.
- Rain-laden northwest Iowa storms topple utility poles, trees Updated: Apr-25-16 10:46 am
SIOUX CITY, Iowa - Spring thunderstorms that dropped more than 2 inches of rain in some parts of northwest Iowa also damaged some homes and knocked down utility poles and trees.
- Iowa church selling parsonage for $1, but buyer must move it Updated: Apr-25-16 6:52 am
KINGSLEY, Iowa - A northwest Iowa church is selling its old next-door parsonage for $1, but the buyer has to move it.
- Student brings music to health care facilities in Sioux City Updated: Apr-24-16 11:25 am
SIOUX CITY, Iowa - The high notes and trills of a single, silver flute cut through ringing telephones in the nurses' station and carry throughout the hospital halls like a street performer in a subway station.
- Iowa commission told of lack of Native American foster homes Updated: Apr-23-16 4:50 pm
SIOUX CITY, Iowa - A state panel is getting an earful about a lack of foster homes for Native American children in northwestern Iowa.
- Sioux City leaders discuss riverfront revamp, Ferris wheel Updated: Apr-20-16 4:11 pm
SIOUX CITY, Iowa - Sioux City officials have continued discussions about future redevelopment of the riverfront.
- Riverboat owners take appeal to Iowa Supreme Court Updated: Apr-19-16 7:15 am
DES MOINES, Iowa - Lawyers for the operator of the former Argosy Sioux City riverboat casino have asked the Iowa Supreme Court to consider their lawsuit against state regulators and other parties.
- Council to consider penalty for snow removal in Sioux City Updated: Apr-18-16 8:12 am
SIOUX CITY, Iowa - City Council members on Monday are scheduled to consider a proposal to penalize property owners an extra 25 percent on unpaid city fees for removing snow from sidewalks.
- Iowa native part of Milwaukee Brewers' radio broadcast team Updated: Apr-17-16 5:07 pm
SIOUX CITY, Iowa - An Iowa native is enjoying being part of the Milwaukee Brewers' radio broadcast team.
- Man charged in baby's death released from prison after plea Updated: Apr-16-16 5:36 pm
SIOUX CITY, Iowa - An Iowa man granted a new trial after initially being convicted and sentenced to 50 years for the death of his infant daughter has now pleaded guilty to a lesser charge and been released from prison.
- Sioux City airport plan to see $4 million taxiway project Updated: Apr-16-16 1:20 pm
SIOUX CITY, Iowa - The Sioux Gateway Airport board has approved an agreement with the 185th Refueling Wing of the Iowa Air National Guard for a proposed $4 million taxiway project.
- Gas retailers increasing security for credit card skimmers Updated: Apr-16-16 10:31 am
SIOUX CITY, Iowa - Each morning when Floyd Food & Fuel opens, a worker walks outside to take a look at the six gas pumps.
- Police: Girl, 15, dies in rollover crash in Sioux City Updated: Apr-15-16 2:15 am
SIOUX CITY, Iowa - Police say a 15-year-old girl has died in a rollover crash in Sioux City.
- Sioux City elementary school converted into apartments Updated: Apr-11-16 5:27 pm
SIOUX CITY, Iowa - A former elementary school in Sioux City has been converted into 14 loft-like apartments for families to live in.
- Police: Pretending wish for kiss, woman bit husband's lip Updated: Apr-08-16 8:13 am
SIOUX CITY, Iowa - Authorities say a Sioux City woman who approached her husband for a kiss instead bit and tore his lower lip.
- Man shot during Sioux City standoff pleads not guilty Updated: Apr-08-16 6:50 am
SIOUX CITY, Iowa - A man shot by police during a standoff in Sioux City has pleaded not guilty to three charges.
- Sioux City tickets continue despite limit on driver details Updated: Apr-07-16 5:21 pm
PIERRE, South Dakota - An Iowa border city hasn't been deterred from issuing tickets to South Dakota drivers caught on speed cameras despite being blocked from accessing some driver information in a South Dakota database, Sioux City's legal department said Thursday.
- Briar Cliff University names new president Updated: Apr-07-16 12:32 pm
SIOUX CITY, Iowa - Briar Cliff University in Sioux City has a new president.
- New Sioux City viaduct will close railroad street crossing Updated: Apr-05-16 4:19 pm
SIOUX CITY, Iowa - Sioux City officials say a proposed $20.7 million viaduct to prevent railroad delays in the Hoeven Valley will close at least one train crossing to through traffic.
- Shelter for homeless fathers, children to open in Sioux City Updated: Apr-04-16 10:48 am
SIOUX CITY, Iowa - A nondenominational Christian nonprofit agency is opening a shelter in Sioux City for homeless, single fathers and their children.