- Akron police investigate reports of teens mobbing store Updated: Jul-28-15 7:28 am
AKRON, Ohio - Akron police are investigating reports of dozens of teens mobbing a gas station during a late-night theft and vandalism spree.
- Ohio man gets prison time in $1.1 million fraud case Updated: Jul-28-15 5:01 am
AKRON, Ohio - A northeast Ohio man at the helm of a large-scale fraud that swindled five states out of more than $1.1 million in unemployment benefits is heading to prison.
- Deficit may shutter popular Akron performing arts series Updated: Jul-27-15 6:44 am
AKRON, Ohio - The University of Akron says a budget deficit is forcing it out of the concert promotion business, jeopardizing a popular performing arts series.
- Workers at Ohio health care provider must now wear underwear Updated: Jul-19-15 11:04 am
AKRON, Ohio - Employees at Summa Health Systems in Ohio can no longer have bright colored red or blue hair and women must cover their legs, as part of a new dress code policy.
- Nick Lachey among investors in Ohio marijuana grow center Updated: Jul-15-15 7:58 am
AKRON, Ohio - Ohio resident and former boy band star Nick Lachey is among five investors in one of 10 marijuana grow centers that would be created across the state under a proposed ballot issue.
- LeBron James hosts co-stars for VIP screening for new movie Updated: Jul-10-15 11:15 pm
AKRON, Ohio - LeBron James stepped out of the backseat of the luxury sedan to loud screams from his adoring fans.
- University of Akron announces layoffs, $40M in budget cuts Updated: Jul-10-15 4:42 pm
AKRON, Ohio - The University of Akron plans to cut its budget by $40 million over the next three years, eliminating 215 positions and its baseball program to deal with an anticipated $60 million shortfall.
- Rookie RHP Cody Anderson pitches Indians past Astros 3-1 Updated: Jul-10-15 12:06 am
CLEVELAND - Cody Anderson says he isn't paying attention to his numbers. The rookie right-hander might be the only one.
- Jury convicts Ohio man of stabbing landscaper over grass Updated: Jul-08-15 4:55 am
AKRON, Ohio - An Akron man has been convicted of stabbing a 19-year-old landscaper who got grass clippings on his truck.
- Akron to host screening for LeBron James' film 'Trainwreck" Updated: Jul-07-15 3:48 am
AKRON, Ohio - Cleveland Cavaliers forward LeBron James, his movie co-stars, the director and producer are expected to attend an invitation-only screening in Akron for the comedy "Trainwreck."
- Jury recommends prison, not death, for man in 4 Ohio murders Updated: Jul-01-15 3:59 pm
AKRON, Ohio - A northeast Ohio jury has recommended that a 23-year-old man get 25 years to life in prison for the April 2013 slayings of four people at an Akron townhome.
- Teen gets 25-to-life as accomplice in sledgehammer slayings Updated: Jun-30-15 6:21 pm
AKRON, Ohio - A 16-year-old boy was sentenced to 25 years to life in prison on Tuesday for his role as an accomplice in the gruesome sledgehammer slayings of a prominent attorney and his wife in April 2013.
- University of Akron football drew worst attendance in NCAA Updated: Jun-29-15 3:05 pm
AKRON, Ohio - Among all 125 NCAA Football Bowl Subdivision teams, the University of Akron had the worst home attendance this past season.
- Military funeral held for Korean War MIA returned to Ohio Updated: Jun-28-15 3:01 pm
AKRON, Ohio - The remains of an Ohio soldier missing from the Korean War and identified this year through DNA testing have been buried at a cemetery in northeast Ohio.