- Police: Akron officer shoots man who tried to steal cruiser Updated: Nov-28-15 10:14 am
AKRON, Ohio - Authorities say an Akron police officer has shot and wounded a man who jumped into a patrol car and nearly struck an officer.
- Akron pulls away from Charleston Southern for 82-58 win Updated: Nov-27-15 11:24 pm
AKRON, Ohio - Josh Williams scored 11 of his 14 points in a decisive second-half run that carried Akron past Charleston Southern 82-58 Friday night.
- Woodson, Hundley lead Akron over Kent State 20-0 Updated: Nov-27-15 3:42 pm
AKRON, Ohio - Thomas Woodson threw a touchdown pass and ran for 84 yards to lead Akron to a 20-0 victory over Kent State on Friday.
- Nagbe's year: Citizenship, playoffs and the US national team Updated: Nov-26-15 3:32 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - Things couldn't be better for Darlington Nagbe.
- Judge won't toss millionaire businessman's prison time Updated: Nov-26-15 4:01 am
AKRON, Ohio - A federal judge has refused to throw out the prison sentence of an Ohio telemarketing millionaire who was convicted of witness tampering but acquitted on charges related to campaign contributions made by employees, relatives and others.
- Woman fined $1,000 for trashing worker's office with glitter Updated: Nov-25-15 11:16 am
AKRON, Ohio - A former clerk at an Ohio county's fiscal office has been fined $1,000 for trashing a co-worker's office with glitter and purple Silly String.
- 2015 AP Northeast Inland All-District Team Updated: Nov-23-15 7:19 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The 2015 Associated Press Northeast Inland All-District football team, as selected by a media panel from the district:
- Akron takes out Buffalo with a 42-21 win behind Woodson Updated: Nov-21-15 8:08 pm
AKRON, Ohio - Thomas Woodson was 17-for-30 passing with 258 yards and four touchdowns as Akron led Buffalo all the way to win 42-21 on Saturday.
- Medical examiner IDs pilot, co-pilot killed in Ohio crash Updated: Nov-20-15 3:53 pm
AKRON, Ohio - An Ohio medical examiner has identified the pilot and co-pilot who were killed along with seven passengers when a small jet crashed into an Akron apartment building.
- Absentee ballots without postmark won't be counted in county Updated: Nov-20-15 3:46 am
AKRON, Ohio - Officials say nearly 900 voters in Summit County in northeast Ohio won't have their absentee ballots counted for the Nov. 3 election because they lacked a postmark.
- Jackson's 23 points lifts Akron past Arkansas 88-80 Updated: Nov-18-15 11:03 pm
FAYETTEVILLE, Arkansas - Antino Jackson had only one scholarship offer out of high school, leaving the 5-foot-11 Akron guard with plenty to prove in his collegiate career.
- Ohio man found guilty of killing pregnant wife in 1985 Updated: Nov-18-15 4:21 am
AKRON, Ohio - A northeast Ohio jury has convicted a 53-year-old man in the killing of his pregnant wife more than three decades after her death.
- Akron blows out Division III Hiram 100-30 Updated: Nov-16-15 9:19 pm
AKRON, Ohio - Aaron Jackson scored 16 points, Jake Kretzer made three 3-pointers and finished with 15 points, and Akron beat Division III Hiram 100-30 Monday night.
- Friends, family to honor Ohio officer killed 1 year ago Updated: Nov-15-15 10:22 am
AKRON, Ohio - Friends and family members are gathering in northeast Ohio to remember a northeast Ohio police killed one year ago.
- Jackson, McAdams lead Akron over Cleveland State 65-53 Updated: Nov-15-15 12:34 am
KENT, Ohio - Antino Jackson scored 12 points and Reggie McAdams added 10 to help Akron pull away early and hold on to beat Cleveland State 65-53 on Saturday night in a season opener for both teams.
- Hundley runs for 3 TDs, leads Akron over Miami (Ohio) 37-28 Updated: Nov-14-15 4:12 pm
OXFORD, Ohio - Conor Hundley ran for 110 yards and three touchdowns and Akron beat Miami (Ohio) 37-28 on Saturday.
- Cousin of missing 2-year-old boy arrested after child found Updated: Nov-08-15 10:57 am
AKRON, Ohio - Police say an Ohio woman has been charged with kidnapping after she allegedly took her 2-year-old male cousin for several hours while she visited drug houses.
- Man admits to abusing infant daughter who died this year Updated: Nov-06-15 5:00 am
AKRON, Ohio - A northeast Ohio man has admitted to abusing his 3-month-old daughter who died earlier this year.
- Fired Ohio teacher apologizes for racial slur on Facebook Updated: Nov-06-15 3:31 am
AKRON, Ohio - An Akron high school music teacher who was fired after posting a racial slur on Facebook two years ago says the incident ruined his life and caused his daughter to be bullied in school.
- Lawsuit filed in 2014 death of man shot by police Updated: Nov-05-15 4:30 am
AKRON, Ohio - The mother of a 29-year-old man killed by police in Ohio last year is suing Akron, saying the officers had no reason to stop him and shoot him in the back.
- Judge to decide new trial for ex-police boss hears testimony Updated: Nov-04-15 5:43 pm
AKRON, Ohio - A judge who will decide whether a former police captain should receive a new trial in the 1997 slaying of his ex-wife heard testimony from DNA experts as his latest hearing opened Wednesday.
- Akron to close Ohio & Erie Canal Towpath Trail for 4 years Updated: Nov-02-15 6:46 am
AKRON, Ohio - The city of Akron will be closing a popular 1-mile stretch of the Ohio & Erie Canal Towpath Trail for four years as part of a $184 million project aimed to curb sewer overflows.
- Ohio root beer stand celebrates 60 years of curbside treats Updated: Oct-31-15 7:20 pm
AKRON, Ohio - It's the little root beer stand in Kenmore that can.
- Central Michigan shuts down Akron 14-6 Updated: Oct-31-15 5:27 pm
AKRON, Ohio - Cooper Rush threw two touchdown passes and Central Michigan shut down Akron 14-6 on Saturday.
- Akron voters to decide if zoo can get a liquor license Updated: Oct-31-15 9:54 am
AKRON, Ohio - Voters in Akron will decide Tuesday whether to allow the Akron Zoo to have a liquor license to serve wine and spirits at after-hours events.