- FirstEnergy signs lease to stay in Akron until 2025 Updated: May-25-15 9:49 am
AKRON, Ohio - An energy company that has been in Akron for nearly 100 years has signed a lease to stay there until at least 2025.
- University of Akron spent $111K on name-change idea Updated: May-23-15 6:49 am
AKRON, Ohio - The University of Akron spent $111,000 in grant money on consultants to rebrand the school and determine if it should change its name.
- Coroner: Knife-wielding man shot 3 times by Ohio deputy Updated: May-21-15 1:01 pm
AKRON, Ohio - A medical examiner says a 52-year-old northeast Ohio man killed by a sheriff's deputy was shot three times.
- Ohio man sentenced to 5 years in DUI crash that killed teen Updated: May-20-15 3:35 am
AKRON, Ohio - A northeast Ohio man was given the maximum sentence of five years in prison for driving drunk and causing a crash that killed a recent high school graduate last year.
- Correction: Dance Center-Grant story Updated: May-18-15 7:20 pm
AKRON, Ohio - In a story May 17 about plans for a choreography center, The Associated Press erroneously reported the recipient of $5 million in funding. The money will go to a partnership of the University of Akron and a Cleveland dance organization, not to the university.
- Akron mother mourns daughter who was killed 2 years ago Updated: May-16-15 10:01 am
AKRON, Ohio - Behind every face is a potential suspect.
- Ex-Akron officer drops suit about probe in murder case Updated: May-15-15 5:53 pm
AKRON, Ohio - A former Akron police captain imprisoned for the fatal shooting of his ex-wife has dropped a federal lawsuit against investigators who helped convict him.
- New trial to begin for man accused in Ohio townhome slayings Updated: May-11-15 7:01 am
AKRON, Ohio - Jury selection in the new trial for a man convicted of gunning down four people at an Akron townhome is scheduled to begin this week.
- Rare 'mono mono' twins in northeast Ohio turn 1 Updated: May-11-15 4:04 am
ORRVILLE, Ohio - Rare twins who gained international attention when they were photographed holding hands moments after their birth last year in northeast Ohio have turned one.
- Ohio mayor resigning; blames newspaper, councilman feud Updated: May-08-15 8:05 pm
CLEVELAND - The longtime mayor of Akron, one of the state's biggest cities, announced that he'll retire on May 31, citing disputes with a City Council member and a local newspaper in a resignation letter released Friday.
- Warriors' Stephen Curry voted NBA's MVP over Harden, James Updated: May-04-15 6:55 pm
OAKLAND, California - His voice cracked first. Then, his eyes got red. Finally, Stephen Curry cried.
- Goodyear returns to profit in 1Q, beats forecasts Updated: Apr-29-15 3:58 pm
NEW YORK - Strong performance in North America and a royalty payment helped The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. overcome the impact of a strong dollar and beat Wall Street's profit expectations.
- Ohio man serving life term loses appeal in Craigslist case Updated: Apr-29-15 2:18 pm
AKRON, Ohio - A man serving life in prison with no chance for parole has lost his appeal for a lighter sentence in the killings of three men lured by phony Craigslist job offers in Ohio.
- Police: Man stabs himself to death during attempted arrest Updated: Apr-27-15 10:29 pm
MONTROSE, Colorado - Authorities say a man who stabbed himself to death as he was being arrested in western Colorado was wanted on a warrant for unlawful sexual contact with a minor.
- Ohio students' device to detect marijuana use by motorists Updated: Apr-27-15 9:19 am
AKRON, Ohio - Two Ohio graduate students have invented a device that will allow law enforcement officers to determine whether motorists have used marijuana.