- Warriors' Stephen Curry voted NBA's MVP over Harden, James Updated: May-04-15 5:28 pm
OAKLAND, California - His voice cracked first. Then, his eyes got red. Finally, Stephen Curry cried.
- Ohio court denies police captain's appeal on murder trial Updated: Apr-30-15 12:28 pm
AKRON, Ohio - The Ohio Supreme Court has rejected an appeal by a former Akron police captain who had argued a judge's previous ruling entitled him to a new trial in the 1987 slaying of his ex-wife.
- Goodyear returns to profit in 1Q, beats forecasts Updated: Apr-29-15 3:58 pm
NEW YORK - Strong performance in North America and a royalty payment helped The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. overcome the impact of a strong dollar and beat Wall Street's profit expectations.
- Ohio man serving life term loses appeal in Craigslist case Updated: Apr-29-15 2:18 pm
AKRON, Ohio - A man serving life in prison with no chance for parole has lost his appeal for a lighter sentence in the killings of three men lured by phony Craigslist job offers in Ohio.
- Police: Man stabs himself to death during attempted arrest Updated: Apr-27-15 10:29 pm
MONTROSE, Colorado - Authorities say a man who stabbed himself to death as he was being arrested in western Colorado was wanted on a warrant for unlawful sexual contact with a minor.
- Ohio students' device to detect marijuana use by motorists Updated: Apr-27-15 9:19 am
AKRON, Ohio - Two Ohio graduate students have invented a device that will allow law enforcement officers to determine whether motorists have used marijuana.
- Ohio hospital's $180M expansion has unit for critical babies Updated: Apr-27-15 7:16 am
AKRON, Ohio - Akron Children's Hospital in northeast Ohio is nearly ready to open a $180 million addition that includes a larger emergency department and a new care unit for critically ill newborns that is equipped to help parents stay close.
- Akron grad students invent device to detect marijuana use Updated: Apr-26-15 11:31 am
AKRON, Ohio - Two graduate students have invented a device that would allow law enforcement officers to determine how much THC - the active ingredient in marijuana - is in a motorist's system during traffic stops.
- Ohio airport to continue $110 million improvement project Updated: Apr-25-15 9:58 am
AKRON, Ohio - A northeast Ohio airport will expand parking and make other improvements as part of its $110-million upgrade.
- School board ex-chief gets 14 years in child-porn case Updated: Apr-23-15 3:08 am
AKRON, Ohio - A former school board president in northeast Ohio has been sentenced to 14 years in prison for having child pornography and obstructing official business.
- Caged puppies on car roof trigger dozens of 911 calls Updated: Apr-18-15 11:28 am
AKRON, Ohio - Police finally caught up with a minivan carrying four caged puppies on its roof after dozens of calls poured in to 911 centers in northeast Ohio.
- Akron officer indicted for assault outside charity event Updated: Apr-17-15 9:43 am
CLEVELAND - A rookie Akron police officer has been indicted for an assault outside a Cleveland hotel after a police charity event last month.
- Ohio court rules against search of bag of 'illegal stuff' Updated: Apr-16-15 3:05 am
AKRON, Ohio - An Ohio appeals court has ruled that drug paraphernalia found in a bag a woman described as containing "illegal stuff" can't be used to convict her.
- FirstEnergy to close 3 northeast Ohio coal-burning plants Updated: Apr-14-15 12:35 pm
AKRON, Ohio - FirstEnergy will close three coal-burning power plants on Wednesday as part of a company plan to comply with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency regulations on emissions of mercury and other air pollutants.
- Man pleads guilty to causing fatal drunken-driving crash Updated: Apr-14-15 9:52 am
AKRON, Ohio - A northeast Ohio man is facing up to five years in prison when he's sentenced next month for driving drunk and causing a crash that killed an 18-year-old man last year.
- Black bear sightings dip slightly in Ohio for 2014 Updated: Apr-13-15 2:13 am
AKRON, Ohio - Sightings of black bears in Ohio dropped a bit in 2014 from the year before.
- Ohio couple mixes love of baseball, travel on ballpark trips Updated: Apr-11-15 11:08 am
AKRON, Ohio - It's time again for indulging in America's pastime.
- Awards stolen from home of deceased Ohio filmmaker Updated: Apr-08-15 9:01 am
AKRON, Ohio - Police say an Emmy award and other collectibles have been stolen from the home of a late Ohio filmmaker.
- Ohio school district tests for tuberculosis after diagnosis Updated: Apr-07-15 10:17 am
AKRON, Ohio - A northeast Ohio school is opening during its spring break so that students and staff can get health care screenings after a person associated with the school district was diagnosed with tuberculosis.