- Cyr: Iran accord underscores Turkey's importance Updated: Dec-06-13 11:20 am
- Cyr: China's power grab prompts U.S. bomber flight Updated: Nov-29-13 10:46 am
- Cyr: Iran is an opportunity as well as a challenge Updated: Nov-22-13 12:19 pm
- Half-grown T. rex fossil could answer questions Updated: Nov-17-13 12:10 pm
- Cyr: Kennedy's legacy after a half century Updated: Nov-15-13 11:18 am
- Cyr: Pakistan violence overshadows political progress Updated: Nov-08-13 3:18 pm
12-06-13 - The international agreement to restrain Iran's nuclear program has generated anxiety in Israel and elsewhere. Middle East uncertainty underscores the growing importance of Turkey, a democracy with strong ties to both Iran and the West.
China has made an ominous move in claiming sovereignty over the air, and the Obama administration has appropriately responded with B-52 bombers.
Iran continues to be a focus of frustration for United States foreign policy. The fundamentalist Islamic regime in Tehran has long voiced hostility to Israel as well as the U.S. punctuated from time to time with public threats of apocalyptic destruction.
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - A Kansas fossil hunter has unearthed the remains of what is believed to be a half-grown Tyrannosaurus rex from Montana that could help fill a void in paleontologists' understanding of the king of the dinosaurs.
Shortly after the assassination of President John F. Kennedy in Dallas on Nov. 22, 1963, CBS commentator Eric Sevareid noted the principal legacy of the murdered leader might well be an "attitude," a contagious spirit that all things are possible if only we have the vision and will.
Last week's deadly U.S. drone strike on a notorious Taliban leader put Pakistan back in the headlines, reflecting the country's strategic importance. But global media emphasis on violence in Pakistan also overshadows progress in democractic politics.