- Butte man gets 6-year deferred sentence for fatal crash Updated: Jul-02-15 10:20 pm
BUTTE, Montana - A 19-year-old Butte man who caused a crash that killed a passenger on Halloween 2013 has been given a six-year deferred sentence.
- Flathead County bans fireworks, including public shows Updated: Jul-02-15 5:52 pm
KALISPELL, Montana - The Flathead County commissioners unanimously voted to ban the use of fireworks throughout the county, on both public and private lands, due to a weekend forecast that calls for warm temperatures and sustained winds.
- Montana Supreme Court ducks decision on punitive damages cap Updated: Jul-02-15 12:48 pm
HELENA, Montana - The Montana Supreme Court has overturned a $52 million jury verdict in a breach of contract case, but justices did not rule on the constitutionality of the state's $10 million cap on punitive damages.
- Man sentenced for slashing throat of senior living resident Updated: Jun-29-15 3:29 pm
BUTTE, Montana - A 73-year-old Butte man has been sentenced to 25 years in prison for killing a fellow resident at a senior living facility by slashing the man's throat with a butcher knife.
- Law enforcement opens in Philipsburg Updated: Jun-27-15 5:17 pm
PHILIPSBURG, Montana - Police work has come a long way since vigilantes imposed their justice in the mining camps and mountains and Missouri Breaks hideouts of Montana territory.
- Butte man dies in house fire Updated: Jun-27-15 12:53 pm
BUTTE, Montana - Investigators believe a 64-year-old man died from possible smoke inhalation in a fire at his Butte residence.
- Knievel plans to celebrate sobriety with jump over Butte bar Updated: Jun-24-15 11:56 am
BUTTE, Montana - Motorcycle daredevil Robbie Knievel says he plans to celebrate his newfound sobriety by jumping over a Butte bar during a festival honoring the legacy of his father, Evel Knievel.
- Kalispell man charged with attempted homicide after crash Updated: Jun-23-15 12:53 pm
BUTTE, Montana - A 43-year-old Kalispell man is charged with attempted deliberate homicide after another man reported he ran him off the road in Butte.
- WikiLeaks: Saudis tried to shield students from US scandal Updated: Jun-22-15 3:16 pm
CAIRO - A group of Saudi students caught in a cheating scandal at a Montana college were offered flights home by their kingdom's diplomats to avoid the possibility of deportation or arrest, according to a cache of Saudi Embassy memos recently published by WikiLeaks and a senior official at the school involved.
- Man dies in rollover in Madison County Updated: Jun-13-15 6:52 pm
BUTTE, Montana - A 30-year-old Butte man has died in in a single-vehicle wreck on a remote Madison County road south of Whitehall.