- Butte woman dies, pinned by car as it rolled downhill Updated: May-22-15 11:26 pm
BUTTE, Montana - A 90-year-old Butte woman was killed when she was hit by her car after a trip to the grocery store.
- Yellowstone National Park considers cutthroat reintroduction Updated: May-21-15 7:04 am
YELLOWSTONE NATIONAL PARK, Wyoming - Yellowstone National Park officials are working with state game and fish agencies and others to seek public comment on a plan to remove nonnative brook trout from Soda Butte Creek in order to reintroduce genetically pure native cutthroat trout.
- School board approves $700,000 for turf football field Updated: May-20-15 9:46 am
BUTTE, Montana - School officials are attempting to save $60,000 annually by converting the Butte High School Football field to turf.
- County spends Superfund trust money without board OK Updated: May-17-15 1:22 pm
BUTTE, Montana - Butte-Silver Bow County has spent or committed more than $1 million of Superfund money without approval from the board that oversees the funds.
- Police up hiring scrutiny after ex-officer's stalking case Updated: May-16-15 4:04 pm
FORT COLLINS, Colorado - Fort Collins' new police officers will face more intense psychological screening and background checks following criticism from the City Council and the public over former police officer Jarrett Branson's conviction on stalking charges.
- Little League equipment taken from Butte storage unit Updated: May-15-15 11:57 am
BUTTE, Montana - You could call it a crime most foul.
- New law encourages suicide prevention training for teachers Updated: May-14-15 6:32 pm
HELENA, Montana - In the state with the worst suicide rate in the nation, Montana now has a law aimed at helping to curb suicide among young people.
- Officials identify victim of crash near Drummond Updated: May-12-15 11:41 am
BUTTE, Montana - Officials in Granite County have released the name of the 20-year-old Bozeman woman who died in a one-vehicle crash on Interstate 90 near Drummond.
- Officers believe tainted meth leading to dangerous reactions Updated: May-07-15 12:55 pm
BUTTE, Montana - Butte-Silver Bow law enforcement officers and others are concerned that methamphetamine being sold in the Butte area may be tainted with a hallucinogen, causing dangerous reactions and criminal behavior.
- Former band director denies sexual assault charge Updated: Apr-30-15 6:11 pm
HAMILTON, Montana - The former Butte Central music teacher and band director has denied charges that he provided alcohol to students during a state basketball tournament in Hamilton and sexually assaulted a 16-year-old girl.
- Police seek warrant against woman for throwing poodle Updated: Apr-28-15 8:34 am
BUTTE, Montana - A small poodle is unharmed after it was thrown against a wall outside a Butte bar.
- House votes to adjourn after it dumps bill; Senate says no Updated: Apr-27-15 7:50 pm
HELENA, Montana - The Montana Senate refused to adjourn for the session Monday after lawmakers in the House voted down a $150 million infrastructure bill and moved to go home four days early.