- Correction: Virginia Lacrosse Slaying story Updated: Mar-06-14 6:08 pm
- NJ man pleads guilty in Va. fake ID conspiracy Updated: Mar-05-14 12:55 pm
- Entries sought for 2014 Virginia Film Festival Updated: Mar-05-14 10:58 am
- Wintergreen project wins engineering award Updated: Mar-05-14 2:52 am
- Researchers: 1 in 9 Virginians born outside US Updated: Mar-04-14 12:13 pm
- No. 4 Syracuse loses 75-56 at No. 12 Virginia Updated: Mar-01-14 9:17 pm
- No. 12 Virginia tops Syracuse 75-56 for 1st in ACC Updated: Mar-01-14 8:32 pm
- ACC showdown: No. 12 Virginia hosts No. 4 Syracuse Updated: Feb-28-14 2:23 pm
- Canes stone cold in 65-40 loss at No. 12 Virginia Updated: Feb-26-14 10:54 pm
- No. 12 Virginia runs away from Miami, 65-40 Updated: Feb-26-14 10:33 pm
- Woman charged with assaulting Va. lawmaker's wife Updated: Feb-26-14 3:02 am
- Notre Dame loses at No. 14 Virginia, 70-49 Updated: Feb-22-14 6:09 pm
- No. 14 Virginia beats Notre Dame 70-49 Updated: Feb-22-14 5:40 pm
- No. 11 North Carolina trips Virginia, 80-74 Updated: Feb-20-14 8:44 pm
- U.Va. board to consider 2 new master's programs Updated: Feb-18-14 6:52 am
- Va. reserve officer found dead honored at memorial Updated: Feb-17-14 6:16 pm
- Cavs start No. 1, but focused on where they finish Updated: Feb-13-14 3:25 pm
- UVa ranks 2nd on Peace Corps volunteer list Updated: Feb-12-14 3:05 am
- Terps come up short at No. 17 Virginia, 61-53 Updated: Feb-11-14 12:37 am
- Harris' 19 lead No. 17 Virginia past Terps, 61-53 Updated: Feb-11-14 12:12 am
- Obama's Monticello visit expected to delay traffic Updated: Feb-10-14 2:04 am
- French president to find familiar at Monticello Updated: Feb-08-14 4:16 pm
- Remains ID'd as missing Va. reserve officer Updated: Feb-08-14 9:19 am
- U.Va., Monticello offer course on Jefferson Updated: Feb-06-14 10:32 am
- Va. judge won't reconsider police ruling Updated: Feb-06-14 7:35 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - In a story March 4 about an appeals court affirming the second-degree murder conviction of former University of Virginia lacrosse player, The Associated Press reported the victim's family had sued U.Va. and athletics employees. That lawsuit had been withdrawn and a second one is still pending.
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Virginia - A fourth person has pleaded guilty for his role in a Virginia-based operation that sold fake driver's licenses to thousands of college students and others across the country.
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Virginia - Organizers are seeking entries for the 2014 Virginia Film Festival.
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Virginia - Wintergreen Resort is getting recognition for a project that more than doubled the Nelson County ski resort's snowmaking capability.
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Virginia - Virginia's foreign-born population grew from one in 100 in 1970 to one in nine in 2012, University of Virginia researchers said Tuesday.
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Virginia - Malcolm Brogdon talked before No. 12 Virginia's final home game about making it a success for seniors Joe Harris, Akil Mitchell and even former walk-on Thomas Rogers, the first building blocks in Tony Bennett's remaking of the Cavaliers.
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Virginia - Virginia guard Malcolm Brogdon did a double take when told that the Cavaliers have only won the Atlantic Coast Conference championship outright once in their history, and that it was 33 years ago.
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Virginia - Miami coach Jim Larranaga was having fun, it seemed, gushing about No. 12 Virginia.
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Virginia - London Perrantes has earned rave reviews all over the ACC for his poise as a freshman point guard for No. 12 Virginia.
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Virginia - A Charlottesville woman has been charged with assaulting the wife of Virginia House Minority Leader David J. Toscano.
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Virginia - Mike Brey is still trying to figure out the identity that best suits his Notre Dame team, and in what has been a trying first season in the Atlantic Coast Conference, the Fighting Irish looked to be making strides Saturday.
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Virginia - It was just one play in a 40-minute game. It changed everything.
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Virginia - Stephanie Mavunga had 17 points and 10 rebounds and No. 11 North Carolina opened the second half with a 24-7 run and beat Virginia 80-74.
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Virginia - Master's degree programs in data science and European studies have been proposed at the University of Virginia.
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Virginia - A Waynesboro reserve police officer found dead Feb. 6 was remembered Monday as a dedicated, unflappable public servant with a ready smile.
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Virginia - Virginia's baseball team is one of the top-ranked squads in the preseason, and if the season starts as scheduled Friday, coach Brian O'Connor wants to be sure his team is challenged from the outset.
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Virginia - Three victories in four games had Maryland feeling better about things than it did during a stretch of four losses in five games, and Dez Wells wasn't going to let a 61-53 loss at No. 17 Virginia ruin it.
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Virginia - Joe Harris hasn't had to score as much this season for No. 17 Virginia as he did a year ago. When the Cavaliers had their hands full with Maryland on Monday night, though, Harris showed he can still carry the day.
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Virginia - Albemarle County officials are advising motorists to expect road closures and traffic delays during President Barack Obama and French President Francois Hollande's visit to Monticello.
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Virginia - From the polished copper cooking pots Thomas Jefferson brought back from France to the dome atop Monticello, French President Francois Hollande should feel right at home Monday when he and President Barack Obama visit the third president's mountaintop plantation.
RICHMOND, Virginia - An autopsy has confirmed that found human remains are those of a Waynesboro reserve police officer who was reported missing a week ago.
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Virginia - The University of Virginia and Monticello are offering an open online course about Thomas Jefferson.
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Virginia - A Charlottesville judge won't reconsider a ruling on police jurisdiction that has caught the attention of law enforcement agencies around Virginia.