- No. 7 Virginia back track with a little luck, lots of 'D' Updated: Feb-10-16 5:52 pm
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Virginia - Seventh-ranked Virginia had lost its way, then got a fortuitous bounce and the Cavaliers have been on a roll since.
- Gill's 16, 'D' lead No. 7 Virginia past Virginia Tech, 67-49 Updated: Feb-09-16 11:19 pm
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Virginia - The first time No. 7 Virginia and Virginia Tech met on a basketball court this season, the Hokies played probably their best game of the season and the Cavaliers played what rates as their worst, and the bad taste of the Cavaliers' two-point loss has lingered ever since.
- GOP opts for nominating convention in 5th District Updated: Feb-07-16 3:26 pm
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Virginia - Republicans in Virginia's 5th District will choose their nominee for Congress in a convention instead of an open primary.
- Brogdon scores 27 and No. 9 Virginia rolls BC, 61-47 Updated: Feb-03-16 10:05 pm
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Virginia - Malcolm Brogdon thinks Virginia turned the corner with an impressive victory at No. 19 Louisville in its last game.
- Mendenhall inks 24 in first year at Virginia Updated: Feb-03-16 8:02 pm
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Virginia - Bronco Mendenhall makes no secret that Virginia will look much different in coming seasons, but on his first National Signing Day as the Cavaliers' coach, he lauded his predecessor's recruits as a "great starting place."
- Virginians venture out to deal with snowstorm's aftermath Updated: Jan-25-16 5:11 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - Virginians ventured out Monday to deal with the aftermath of a deadly winter storm that dumped more than 3 feet of snow in some places, although state government offices and many schools remained closed and officials warned that roads and highways still posed safety hazards.
- Brogdon scores 21 and No. 13 Virginia edges Syracuse, 73-65 Updated: Jan-24-16 10:07 pm
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Virginia - With Virginia clinging to a 49-48 lead and Syracuse showing no sign of letting up, Malcom Brogdon made his presence felt.
- Judge declines to suppress evidence in student slaying case Updated: Jan-21-16 2:34 pm
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Virginia - A judge has denied a defense motion to suppress some evidence in the case of a man charged with killing a University of Virginia student.
- Brogdon's 20 lift No. 13 Virginia past Clemson, 69-62 Updated: Jan-19-16 11:07 pm
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Virginia - In another close game for No. 13 Virginia, Malcolm Brogdon grabbed a long rebound, turned and saw Anthony Gill streaking down the court ahead of the pack, fed him and saw the senior forward deliver a crowd-pleasing dunk that gave the Cavaliers breathing room.
- Former flight attendant faces charges in airport bomb scare Updated: Jan-19-16 11:26 am
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Virginia - A flight attendant has been indicted in connection with a false bomb scare that forced a plane from Charlottesville to Chicago to turn around.
- No. 23 Louisville women beat Virginia 59-41 Updated: Jan-14-16 9:23 pm
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Virginia - Myisha Hines-Allen scored 16, on 6-of-10 shooting, and Mariya Moore had 11 points, five rebounds and five assists to help the 23rd-ranked Louisville women beat Virginia 59-41 Thursday night.
- Documents ordered handed over in suit against Rolling Stone Updated: Jan-13-16 10:19 am
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Virginia - A young woman at the center of a debunked article in Rolling Stone magazine about a campus gang rape at the University of Virginia has been ordered to turn over documents.
- Brogdon's 20 leads No. 13 Virginia past No. 8 Miami 66-58 Updated: Jan-12-16 10:12 pm
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Virginia - Virginia coach Tony Bennett saw progress, but the unusual animation in his words suggested he also saw plenty to remain concerned about as the No. 13th-ranked Cavaliers ended a two-game slide with a 66-58 victory over No. 8 Miami on Tuesday night.
- Father of man who died of overdose to attend SOTU address Updated: Jan-12-16 9:00 am
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Virginia - The father of a University of Virginia graduate who died of an opioid overdose will attend President Obama's final State of the Union address.