- Correction: Charlottesville-Brewing Certificate story Updated: May-26-15 11:07 am
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Virginia - In a story May 24 about a certificate program in craft brewing, The Associated Press misidentified two people. Levi Duncan is the lead brewer at Champion Brewing Company in Charlottesville, not the owner. Hunter Smith is the brewery's owner and head brewer.
- Trump Organization opens 10-room B&B at Virginia mansion Updated: May-26-15 10:39 am
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Virginia - A Virginia bed-and-breakfast owned by the Trump Organization has opened its doors to the public.
- Trump opens 10-room B&B on Charlottesville mansion Updated: May-26-15 10:32 am
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Virginia - A Charlottesville bed-and-breakfast owned by the Trump Organization has opened its doors to the public.
- Virginia student seeks dismissal of charges in bloody arrest Updated: May-25-15 12:28 pm
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Virginia - A University of Virginia student whose bloody arrest sparked a public uproar has asked a judge to dismiss the charges against him.
- New trial set for 6 charged in reserve officer's slaying Updated: May-22-15 7:03 am
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Virginia - A new trial is set for six people charged in connection with the slaying of a Waynesboro reserve police officer.
- VHSL reaches settlement in lawsuit filed by private school Updated: May-20-15 5:17 pm
The Virginia High School League and Liberty Christian Academy in Lynchburg have reached a settlement in the school's antitrust lawsuit against the league.
- U.Va. president's contract extended by 2 years, maybe more Updated: May-19-15 6:26 pm
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Virginia - The governing board of the University of Virginia approved a contract extension Tuesday for President Teresa A. Sullivan, the first woman to lead the university founded by Thomas Jefferson.
- 1st lawsuit filed over retracted Rolling Stone rape piece Updated: May-13-15 5:23 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - A retracted Rolling Stone magazine article that portrayed the University of Virginia as more concerned about its reputation than a student's alleged gang rape has prompted the first of two expected lawsuits.
- New evidence leads to capital murder charge in U.Va. case Updated: May-06-15 4:10 am
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Virginia - A prosecutor has obtained a capital murder indictment against the man accused of the abduction and killing a University of Virginia student, saying she plans to seek the death penalty.
- Judge expected to set new trial date in U.Va. slaying Updated: May-05-15 2:37 am
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Virginia - The man charged with abducting and killing a University of Virginia student is due in court for a pretrial hearing.
- Group launches preventive dental care pilot for Va. seniors Updated: May-04-15 2:07 am
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Virginia - The Virginia Dental Association has launched an effort to improve the dental health of seniors living in long-term care facilities.
- U.Va. creates Hannah Graham Award Updated: May-02-15 11:10 am
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Virginia - The University of Virginia has created an award in honor of a student who was slain last fall.