- Judge denies defense motions in UVa student slaying case Updated: Oct-08-15 8:18 am
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Virginia - A judge has denied defense motions regarding experts in the case of a man charged with killing a University of Virginia student.
- Jesse Matthew Jr: 3 life prison terms for 2005 sex assault Updated: Oct-02-15 5:38 pm
FAIRFAX, Virginia - Jesse Matthew Jr., charged with the murders of college students Hannah Graham and Morgan Harrington, was sentenced Friday to life in prison for a sexual assault on a woman a decade ago in northern Virginia.
- Lawsuits challenging surveys for natgas pipeline tossed Updated: Oct-01-15 12:49 pm
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Virginia - A federal judge has dismissed lawsuits by Virginia landowners who turned away a survey team for a proposed natural gas pipeline.
- New York man convicted of cigarette trafficking in Virginia Updated: Oct-01-15 7:05 am
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Virginia - A New York man has been convicted in a cigarette trafficking case in Louisa County.
- Stars align for 28th edition of Virginia Film Festival Updated: Oct-01-15 3:01 am
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Virginia - The stars are aligned for the Virginia Film Festival.
- Boise State uses fast start to roll over Virginia, 56-14 Updated: Sep-26-15 12:32 am
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Virginia - From the beginning - indeed, the very first play from scrimmage - Boise State had Virginia on its heels, and the Broncos never let up.
- Panel: Virginia alcohol agency should retain arrest powers Updated: Sep-22-15 7:24 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - A task force appointed by Virginia's governor after a college student's bloody arrest declined Tuesday to recommend stripping the state's liquor agency of its police powers, and a state police investigation concluded that agents were not unduly aggressive when they detained him.
- UVA reaches agreement to end sex-assault investigation Updated: Sep-21-15 8:18 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - The University of Virginia and the Department of Education have reached an agreement over its handling of sexual assault complaints, ending a yearslong federal investigation into the school's procedures and policies, university and federal officials said Monday.
- Virginia barely survives scare against the Tribe, 35-29 Updated: Sep-19-15 8:49 pm
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Virginia - It happened so fast it was as if Virginia's players didn't know what had hit them.
- University of Virginia to request $140M more in state aid Updated: Sep-18-15 4:45 am
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Virginia - The University of Virginia will request about $140 million in additional state funding over the next two fiscal years.
- FBI agent ties flight attendant to 2nd alleged hoax Updated: Sep-15-15 1:35 pm
BISMARCK, North Dakota - A flight attendant accused of fabricating a story that prompted an emergency landing in North Dakota told an FBI agent he caused a similar incident on the East Coast earlier this summer.
- FBI agent ties flight attendant to second alleged hoax Updated: Sep-15-15 9:15 am
BISMARCK, North Dakota - An FBI agent says a flight attendant accused of fabricating a story that prompted an emergency landing in North Dakota has admitted to causing a similar incident on the East Coast.
- Cavaliers trouble finishing bites them again against Irish Updated: Sep-12-15 9:24 pm
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Virginia - That whole idea of finishing things came back to bite Virginia again.
- Notre Dame's Zaire out for year with fractured right ankle Updated: Sep-12-15 9:16 pm
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Virginia - Quarterback Malik Zaire is out for the season after fracturing his right ankle in the third quarter of No. 9 Notre Dame's last-minute 34-27 win over Virginia on Saturday.
- ND pulls off thrilling finish against Virginia; loses Zaire Updated: Sep-12-15 9:04 pm
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Virginia - Notre Dame keeps winning games and losing players. Whether the ninth-ranked Fighting Irish can keep it up will depend on whether their replacements keep putting forth golden efforts.
- Judge: Stop-and-frisk reports exempt from public release Updated: Sep-12-15 10:17 am
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Virginia - A judge has ruled that Charlottesville police stop-and-frisk reports are exempt from public disclosure.
- Ex-U.Va. swim team members seek dismissal of hazing lawsuit Updated: Sep-11-15 3:18 pm
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Virginia - Five former members of the University of Virginia men's swim team are asking a judge to dismiss a hazing lawsuit by an ex-teammate who has accused them of ordering unwanted sexual contact and forcing him to eat a goldfish.