- Thomaz Bellucci of Brazil wins Geneva Open title Updated: May-23-15 12:24 pm
- Merkel: Global catastrophe plan needed after Ebola crisis Updated: May-18-15 7:21 am
BERLIN - The Ebola crisis in western Africa showed the world in a painful way that a global catastrophe plan is needed to deal with future epidemics, German Chancellor Angela Merkel said Monday.
- Rare Burmese ruby sells for $30.3 million at auction Updated: May-13-15 4:50 pm
GENEVA - A rare Burmese ruby in a platinum ring with diamonds sold for $30.3 million at auction, setting a world auction record for any ruby and for any stone by Cartier, according to Sotheby's.
- Princess Mathilde's pink diamond sells for $15.9 million Updated: May-12-15 4:01 pm
GENEVA - An 8.72-carat pink diamond ring believed part of a collection once owned by Princess Mathilde Bonaparte sold at auction Tuesday for $15.9 million, according to Sotheby's Geneva.
- Syria's main opposition group not attending Geneva talks Updated: May-11-15 9:44 am
ISTANBUL - The main Syrian opposition group in exile said on Monday that it is not attending low-level consultations taking place in Geneva and hosted by the U.N. envoy to the war-torn country.
- Swiss rail route blocked by landslide after heavy rain Updated: May-03-15 10:28 am
BERLIN - A major railway route in Switzerland has been blocked by a landslide following persistent rain that has swollen rivers in much of the Alpine country.