- Inmate at Santa Barbara jail collapses, dies at hospital Updated: Nov-26-15 10:43 pm
SANTA BARBARA, California - Officials say an inmate who was in the medical section of the Santa Barbara County Jail collapsed and became unresponsive and later died at a hospital.
- UC Santa Barbara beats San Francisco 68-61 Updated: Nov-26-15 1:05 am
SAN FRANCISCO - Gabe Vincent scored 18 first-half points with four 3-pointers and UC Santa Barbara held on to beat San Francisco 68-61 on Wednesday night after leading by 25 at halftime.
- Oregon State eases by UC Santa Barbara 71-59 Updated: Nov-21-15 10:18 pm
SANTA BARBARA, California - Gary Payton II made three of Oregon State's 10 3-pointers and finished with 21 points to help the Beavers beat UC Santa Barbara 71-59 on Saturday night.
- Tyrone Wallace leads No. 15 Cal past UC Santa Barbara 85-67 Updated: Nov-17-15 1:24 am
BERKELEY, California - Jaylen Brown made a steal and drove all the way for a highlight-reel, left-handed dunk, providing a glimpse of the special player California added in its recruiting class along with local star Ivan Rabb.
- High toxin level delays California crab season Updated: Nov-05-15 1:48 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - Wildlife authorities delayed the Dungeness crab season and closed the rock crab fishery for most of California on Thursday, just days after warning of dangerous levels of a neurotoxin linked to a massive algae bloom off the West Coast.
- Thomas Blatt, survivor of escape from Sobibor, dies at 88 Updated: Nov-02-15 3:51 pm
WARSAW, Poland - Thomas Toivi Blatt, who was among a small number of Jews to survive a mass escape from the Nazi death camp of Sobibor in 1943 and who decades later served as a prominent witness at the trial of the alleged camp guard John Demjanjuk, has died. He was 88.
- Wildfire chars 70 acres of chaparral above Santa Barbara Updated: Oct-29-15 6:15 pm
SANTA BARBARA, California - A wind-driven wildfire burned 70 acres of chaparral in the mountains above Santa Barbara and Montecito on Thursday, although no structures were immediately threatened.