- Hawaii-based longline fishermen allowed to keep catching ahi Updated: Nov-27-15 7:39 pm
HONOLULU - Hawaii-based longline fishermen have exhausted multiple catch limits for ahi this year, but federal regulators say a new agreement will ensure the fish will be available in the state through the holidays.
- Man shot, killed outside Hilo home on Thanksgiving night Updated: Nov-27-15 5:26 pm
HILO, Hawaii - Police say a man was shot and killed outside his Hilo home on Thanksgiving.
- Supreme Court justice blocks Native Hawaiian vote count Updated: Nov-27-15 4:20 pm
HONOLULU - A U.S. Supreme Court justice on Friday issued a temporary stay blocking the counting of votes in an election that would be a significant step toward Native Hawaiian self-governance.
- The Latest: Hawaiian election opponent hails justice's order Updated: Nov-27-15 2:02 pm
HONOLULU - The Latest on a Supreme Court stay blocking the counting of votes in Native Hawaiian elections (all times local):
- Inmate's temporary release revoked, dad dies before visit Updated: Nov-27-15 8:56 am
LIHUE, Hawaii - A Kauai inmate's get-out-of-jail card was revoked when his terminally ill father died hours before his son was scheduled to be released to say goodbye.
- Lawmakers: Agency not doing enough against dengue fever Updated: Nov-26-15 7:05 pm
HONOLULU - Hawaii state Sen. Russell Ruderman worries whenever there's a mosquito buzzing in his home.
- State high court ousts breath test evidence in DUI case Updated: Nov-26-15 12:38 pm
HONOLULU - DUI cases may be impacted by a state Supreme Court decision that ousted a defendant's breath test as evidence.
- Police say man identified stabber before he died Updated: Nov-26-15 12:32 pm
WAILUKU, Hawaii - A woman is accused of fatally stabbing a man at a Maui mental health residence.
- No. 19 Vanderbilt falls short at Maui, 70-63 to No. 5 Kansas Updated: Nov-26-15 2:07 am
LAHAINA, Hawaii - For 2 1-2 games Vanderbilt never trailed in the Maui Jim Maui Invitational. Then No. 5 Kansas put the Commodores on the short end of the score for the final 20 minutes and won the tournament for a second time.
- Kansas freshman Diallo cleared to play beginning Dec. 1 Updated: Nov-26-15 1:59 am
LAHAINA, Hawaii - Cheick Diallo was sitting next to Bill Self, the coach he can now play for, and it was a close call as to whose smile was broader.
- No. 5 Kansas beats No. 19 Vanderbilt 70-63 for Maui title Updated: Nov-26-15 1:40 am
LAHAINA, Hawaii - Wayne Selden Jr. and Frank Mason III quickly hatched a plan for sharing the MVP award at the Maui Jim Maui Invitational.
- Wake Forest uses free throws to beat UCLA 80-77 in Maui Updated: Nov-25-15 10:57 pm
LAHAINA, Hawaii - Wake Forest got two players back from suspension and lost one to the flu. As long as the Demon Deacons were at the free-throw line, everything was all right.
- No. 13 Indiana loses again in Maui, 72-69 to UNLV Updated: Nov-25-15 8:42 pm
LAHAINA, Hawaii - Indiana had a rough start and tough finish to the Maui Jim Maui Invitational. Two losses that came down to the final seconds around a 10-point win.
- UNLV hangs on for 72-69 win over No. 13 Indiana Updated: Nov-25-15 8:29 pm
LAHAINA, Hawaii - UNLV answered every run by Indiana, and the Runnin' Rebels were able to hang through the frantic final seconds for a 72-69 victory over the 13th-ranked Hoosiers on Wednesday.
- Oldest known seabird is back at Midway Atoll near Hawaii Updated: Nov-25-15 8:28 pm
HONOLULU - Federal wildlife officials say the world's oldest known seabird has returned to Midway Atoll.
- St. John's get lone win in Maui, 100-93 over Chaminade Updated: Nov-25-15 4:47 pm
LAHAINA, Hawaii - Freshman Federico Mussini scored a season-high 24 points and junior forward Christian Jones had career highs of 17 points and 11 rebounds to help St. John's beat Chaminade 100-93 on Wednesday in the seventh-place game of the Maui Jim Maui Invitational.
- St. John's freshman Kassoum Yakwe cleared to play by NCAA Updated: Nov-25-15 4:14 pm
LAHAINA, Hawaii - St. John's says freshman forward Kassoum Yakwe has been cleared by the NCAA to play immediately.
- Big Island man gets 15-year prison term for 2012 fatal crash Updated: Nov-25-15 11:58 am
HILO, Hawaii - A Big Island man has been sentenced to 15 years in prison for causing a 2012 traffic collision that killed two women and injured seven other people.
- Motorcyclist who suffered brain damage gets $1.3M settlement Updated: Nov-25-15 11:56 am
HONOLULU - A federal judge has approved a $1.3 million settlement in a lawsuit filed by a motorcyclist who suffered permanent brain injury in a 2012 collision in Honolulu.
- No. 5 Kansas has no trouble beating UCLA 92-73 at Maui Updated: Nov-25-15 1:20 am
LAHAINA, Hawaii - Kansas gave itself a nice, easy path to the championship game of the Maui Jim Maui Invitational.
- No. 13 Indiana bounces back with 83-73 win over St. John's Updated: Nov-25-15 12:35 am
LAHAINA, Hawaii - Less than 24 hours after a tough, last-second loss, No. 13 Indiana found a way to get back on the winning track.
- No. 19 Vanderbilt cruises past Wake Forest 86-64 in Maui Updated: Nov-25-15 12:31 am
LAHAINA, Hawaii - Vanderbilt has reached the championship game of the Maui Jim Maui Invitational without really being tested.
- Japan defense minister supports US in South China Sea Updated: Nov-24-15 9:46 pm
CAMP H.M. SMITH, Hawaii - Japanese Defense Minister Gen Nakatani on Tuesday expressed his support for the U.S. Navy's sailing of a warship close to one of China's artificial islands in the South China Sea.
- Rockies' Reyes pleads not guilty to abusing wife in Hawaii Updated: Nov-24-15 9:20 pm
WAILUKU, Hawaii - Colorado Rockies shortstop Jose Reyes is pleading not guilty to allegations of abusing his wife at a Hawaii resort.
- Opponents ask high court to block Native Hawaiian vote count Updated: Nov-24-15 8:43 pm
HONOLULU - Opponents of an election designed to be a significant step toward Native Hawaiian self-governance are asking the U.S. Supreme Court to block votes from being counted in what they argue is an unconstitutional, racially exclusive process.