- Honolulu police use sex assault charge in prostitution sting Updated: May-06-15 10:32 pm
HONOLULU - About a dozen women arrested over the weekend in a Honolulu prostitution sting at massage parlors won't be charged with prostitution. Instead, they face the more severe charge of sex assault.
- Honolulu officer charged with on-duty assault of 2 men Updated: May-06-15 10:22 pm
HONOLULU - A Honolulu police officer is accused of assaulting two men while on duty.
- French cable ship evacuated after fire in Honolulu harbor Updated: May-06-15 3:28 pm
HONOLULU - A crew was forced to evacuate a French cargo ship carrying cables after it caught fire in Honolulu Harbor.
- Hawaii Tourism Authority fills top job vacated 6 months ago Updated: May-06-15 3:02 pm
HONOLULU - The Hawaii Tourism Authority has a new leader in industry advocate George Szigeti.
- Hawaii lawmakers vote to get rid of ethanol in gas mandate Updated: May-06-15 1:17 pm
HONOLULU - Hawaii is poised to join an odd coalition of environmentalists, fuel manufacturers and chicken farmers who want to do away with a mandate to mix fuel with ethanol.
- Attorney general investigates Big Island mayor's spending Updated: May-06-15 9:24 am
HONOLULU - The attorney general is investigating Big Island Mayor Billy Kenoi and the $120,000 debt he's accumulated on his government credit card while in office.
- Hawaii Senate President Kim ousted in unusual shakeup Updated: May-06-15 12:34 am
HONOLULU - State senators ousted Hawaii Senate President Donna Mercado Kim and replaced her with Sen. Ronald Kouchi, putting Hawaii's neighbor islands in a more prominent role with a representative from Kauai at the helm.
- Hawaii passes bills on energy, sex trafficking, rail tax Updated: May-06-15 12:32 am
HONOLULU - Hawaii lawmakers passed dozens of bills Tuesday heading into the final days of the Legislative session, approving plans that could raise taxes, save energy and ban sex trafficking. A bill to set up a system of medical marijuana dispensaries is scheduled for a full legislative vote on Thursday.
- Hawaii Board of Education approves new deputy superintendent Updated: May-05-15 10:58 pm
HONOLULU - The state Board of Education is approving the appointment of Stephen Schatz to be the Department of Education's new deputy superintendent.
- Bill to extend rail tax for 5 years passes Legislature Updated: May-05-15 9:58 pm
HONOLULU - A tax to fund Oahu's planned rail transit project could be extended under a plan approved by the Hawaii Legislature.
- Hawaii bill for birth certificate gender change passes Updated: May-05-15 9:07 pm
HONOLULU - The Hawaii Legislature passed a bill that could make it a lot easier for transgender people to change their gender on their birth certificates, joining a growing number of states to make the change.
- Hawaii Legislature passes health exchange funding bill Updated: May-05-15 7:46 pm
HONOLULU - The Hawaii Legislature has approved a bill that would give more money to the state's financially troubled health exchange.
- Former Hawaii governor will make $198K under Rauner Updated: May-05-15 6:47 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Illinois Gov. Bruce Rauner's chief operating officer will make an annual salary of $198,000, more than she made running the state of Hawaii.
- Hawaiian Airlines earns record amount from baggage fees Updated: May-05-15 2:42 pm
HONOLULU - Baggage fees are a big bonus for Hawaiian Airlines: the company earned more from the fees in 2014 than it did in overall earnings.
- Medical examiner identifies body found at Oahu bay Updated: May-05-15 11:46 am
HONOLULU - A body found at an Oahu beach has been identified as a 27-year-old Honolulu resident.
- Oahu paratransit service demotes vice president Updated: May-05-15 9:52 am
HONOLULU - Officials are looking for a new vice president take lead Oahu's paratransit service in the wake of John Black's demotion to safety coordinator.
- Ex-Maui mayor candidate gets 20 years for securities fraud Updated: May-05-15 9:04 am
WAILUKU, Hawaii - A man who ran unsuccessfully for Maui mayor has been sentenced to 20 years in prison for securities fraud.
- Remote home of leprosy patients could open door wider Updated: May-05-15 8:00 am
HONOLULU - A remote peninsula that has been the home of leprosy patients since the 19th century could be opened more fully to the public as the last remaining residents near the end of their lives.
- Hawaii committee passes medical marijuana dispensaries bill Updated: May-04-15 10:16 pm
HONOLULU - Patients have waited nearly 15 years for legal access to medical marijuana in Hawaii, and they are now one step closer to reaching that goal.
- Crater collapse causes lava explosion on Hawaii's Kilauea Updated: May-04-15 8:52 pm
HONOLULU - Molten lava, rocks and gas went flying through the air on Hawaii's Kilauea volcano after an explosion was caused by the partial collapse of a crater wall.
- Class folds paper cranes for Fukushima radiation victims Updated: May-04-15 3:38 pm
KAILUA-KONA, Hawaii - A group of third graders hope to send sisters visiting from Fukushima home to Japan with 1,000 paper cranes that represent wishes for health and good will.
- Protected lane leads to more Honolulu bike traffic Updated: May-03-15 7:35 pm
HONOLULU - More people have been bicycling and fewer bikes are on sidewalks since Honolulu opened a 2-mile protected bike lane on South King Street in December, according to the city's deputy director transportation services.
- Iosefa receives NFL draft call; Afusia invited to mini-camp Updated: May-03-15 2:11 pm
HONOLULU - A former University of Hawaii running back says his new goal is to play as long as possible at the next level.
- Firefighters find source of shopping center fire Updated: May-03-15 1:04 pm
HONOLULU - Honolulu firefighters have tracked down the source of a fire that caused an estimated $400,000 damage to a Kailua shopping center.
- Hawaii seeks comment on Kauai forest reserve management plan Updated: May-03-15 9:05 am
LIHUE, Hawaii - The state Department of Land and Natural Resources is seeking the public's input on a draft management plan for two forest reserves on Kauai.