- Firefighter charged with embezzling from union Updated: Apr-10-14 7:35 am
- Shumlin appoints Walz new Vermont House member Updated: Apr-07-14 12:14 pm
- States rebel against powerful new painkiller Updated: Apr-04-14 3:53 pm
- Vermont restricting access to powerful painkillers Updated: Apr-03-14 3:46 pm
- Vt. Foodbank gets new chief operations officer Updated: Mar-30-14 8:49 am
- Vermont towns in flood zones paying the price Updated: Mar-24-14 6:25 am
BARRE, Vermont - The president of the local firefighters union in Barre, Vermont, has been accused of embezzling funds from the organization.
MONTPELIER, Vermont - Gov. Peter Shumlin has appointed Tommy Walz of Barre to fill the Vermont House seat left vacant by the recent resignation of Rep. Tess Taylor.
BARRE, Vermont - State officials around the country are rebelling over a powerful new painkiller that law enforcement and public health authorities fear could worsen the nation's deadly scourge of heroin and prescription drug abuse.
BARRE, Vermont - The state is restricting access to a new class of narcotic painkillers that law enforcement and public health officials across the country fear could worsen drug abuse, officials announced Thursday.
BARRE, Vermont - The Vermont Foodbank has a new chief operations officer.
MONTPELIER, Vermont - Much of downtown Montpelier is perched along the banks of the North Branch of the Winooski River, a waterway that has poured into buildings, forcing many homeowners to purchase flood insurance.