- Officials say no US help for central Vermont flooding damage Updated: Jul-30-15 4:04 am
WATERBURY, Vermont - Vermont emergency management officials say the damage from flooding in central Vermont earlier this month did not cause enough damage to qualify for federal disaster assistance.
- Former Gov. Douglas interim director of historical society Updated: Jul-29-15 12:47 pm
BARRE, Vermont - Former Gov. Jim Douglas has been named interim executive director of the Vermont Historical Society while a national search is conducted for a permanent one.
- Vermont officials list resources for those with flood damage Updated: Jul-20-15 5:23 pm
WATERBURY, Vermont - Vermont officials are outlining resources available to homeowners after flooding damaged dozens of homes in several communities, rendering some uninhabitable.
- 7 Barre homes uninhabitable by flooding in area hit before Updated: Jul-20-15 5:23 pm
BARRE, Vermont - The normally placid Gunners Brook overflowed its banks again, damaging 80 homes, making seven uninhabitable and forcing about 30 people into shelters, officials said Monday.
- City officials to re-apply for $1.8M in bike path funding Updated: Jul-17-15 5:25 am
BARRE, Vermont - City officials in Vermont plan to re-apply for $1.8 million in federal and state funding that would help finance the construction of a regional bike path in Barre.
- Vermont picks winners in moose permit lottery Updated: Jul-16-15 4:34 am
BARRE, Vermont - Hunters will learn if they've won a permit to try to get a moose in Vermont this fall.
- Budget cuts hit teen services in 3 Vermont communities Updated: Jul-14-15 4:23 pm
MONTPELIER, Vermont - Services for at-risk youth in three Vermont communities - Barre, Newport and Rutland - are grappling with deep budget cuts that could force some of the centers to close.
- Train derailment delays start of racing, no one hurt Updated: Jul-03-15 12:47 pm
BARRE, Vermont - A minor freight train derailment in Barre, Vermont, caused no injuries, but delayed the start of racing at the Thunder Road track.