- Damaged Ga. trees turned to woodchips Updated: Feb-28-14 4:08 am
- University police officer shoots man in east Ga. Updated: Feb-22-14 2:28 pm
- Georgia-Pacific to close its Doraville plant Updated: Feb-21-14 6:31 am
- Golf tournament sponsors GA cancer research effort Updated: Feb-18-14 7:07 pm
- Augusta ice storm puts an end to Eisenhower Tree Updated: Feb-17-14 1:22 am
- Small quake in SC felt hundreds of miles away Updated: Feb-15-14 12:07 pm
- Crews sweeping storm debris from Ga. golf course Updated: Feb-13-14 4:47 pm
- Picking Barrow opponent may be tougher for GOP Updated: Feb-08-14 9:59 am
- 'Cyber Command' plans take shape at Fort Gordon Updated: Feb-07-14 9:08 am
- Rep. Delvis Dutton enters 12th District GOP race Updated: Feb-05-14 2:46 pm
AUGUSTA, Georgia - The City of Augusta is planning to turn mountains of tree debris left behind after the last winter storm into woodchips.
AUGUSTA, Georgia - Police are investigating a shooting involving a campus police officer at a Georgia Regents University dormitory complex in the Augusta area.
DORAVILLE, Georgia - Georgia-Pacific says it plans to permanently close a corrugated packaging plant in the Atlanta suburb of Doraville.
AUGUSTA, Georgia - An effort by Georgia Regents University to establish a national cancer research center has gotten a $6 million boost from the Masters golf tournament.
The Eisenhower Tree, so much a part of Augusta National that not even a sitting U.S. president could have it taken down, was removed from the 17th hole this weekend because of damage from an ice storm, the club said Sunday.
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Residents of South Carolina and Georgia had finally begun to relax after weathering another winter storm when the earth shuddered.
AUGUSTA, Georgia - Groundskeepers at the famed Augusta National Golf Club are busy sweeping debris from the course as the region thaws out from another round of winter weather.
SAVANNAH, Georgia - While Republicans in eastern Georgia say they're more committed than ever to defeating Democratic U.S. Rep. John Barrow in the fall elections, GOP voters may have a tougher time than expected choosing a nominee in the primary.
AUGUSTA, Georgia - The Army's latest Cyber Command projections show that building a new headquarters on Fort Gordon will cost more than $225 million in construction and renovations, which officials said could include expanding parts of the National Security Agency's complex.
GLENNVILLE, Georgia - A state lawmaker from rural southeast Georgia has joined the Republican primary race to choose a nominee to challenge Democratic U.S. Rep. John Barrow this fall.