- Hannemann runs for Hawaii governor as independent Updated: Apr-24-14 6:06 pm
- Stowaway on jet said to be homesick for Africa Updated: Apr-24-14 1:56 am
- Coqui frogs captured in Waikiki, Kalihi Updated: Apr-23-14 10:58 pm
- Governor's rival to speak at Democratic convention Updated: Apr-23-14 5:37 pm
- Airport security vulnerabilities not uncommon Updated: Apr-23-14 4:32 pm
- Arbitrator awards raises to Hawaii principals Updated: Apr-22-14 12:30 pm
- LA-Honolulu flight returns after trouble report Updated: Apr-21-14 8:07 pm
- LA-to-Honolulu flight returns after engine trouble Updated: Apr-21-14 4:09 pm
- Cruisers go into 'laid up' status at Pearl Harbor Updated: Apr-21-14 2:55 pm
- Marine accused of prostitute murder goes on trial Updated: Apr-21-14 9:08 am
- Judge denies bail in Hawaii dismemberment case Updated: Apr-18-14 12:02 pm
- Hawaii lawmakers agree to end police sex loophole Updated: Apr-17-14 11:04 pm
- Turtle Bay Resort agrees to conservation easement Updated: Apr-17-14 9:56 pm
- Hawaii settles school abuse lawsuits Updated: Apr-17-14 7:58 pm
- Man dies after snorkeling in Waikiki Updated: Apr-17-14 12:33 pm
- Big Island high school jazz band performs on Oahu Updated: Apr-17-14 9:04 am
- Nonprofit groups allowed to join Kauai law defense Updated: Apr-15-14 5:26 pm
- Coast Guard searches for man overboard off Oahu Updated: Apr-15-14 12:58 pm
- Coast Guard searches for man overboard off Oahu Updated: Apr-15-14 12:04 pm
- Hawaii, Bali form sister state relationship Updated: Apr-15-14 1:17 am
- Honolulu considers outlawing gambling machines Updated: Apr-14-14 4:43 pm
- Moped driver dies after coalition with truck Updated: Apr-14-14 12:26 pm
- Maui bicycle rider dies in collision with vehicle Updated: Apr-13-14 5:28 am
- Report gives Honolulu high ranking for solar Updated: Apr-12-14 12:04 pm
- Group plugs tiny homes as Hawaii housing solution Updated: Apr-11-14 6:32 pm
HONOLULU - Former Honolulu Mayor Mufi Hannemann has announced he will run for governor as an independent, saying he is more likely to win if candidates from major parties split the vote.
HONOLULU - A security video shows the California boy who survived stowing away on a jetliner dangling his feet from the aircraft's wheel well after arriving in Hawaii, before jumping 8 to 10 feet to the ground and collapsing, an airport official says.
HONOLULU - The state Department of Agriculture says two coqui frogs were captured on Oahu this month.
HONOLULU - Hawaii Gov. Neil Abercrombie's Democratic primary opponent David Ige will be allowed to speak at the party's state Democratic convention in May after all, following complaints by his campaign.
SAN JOSE, California - For all the tens of billions of dollars the nation has spent on screening passengers and their bags, few airports made a comparable investment to secure the airplanes.
HONOLULU - About 850 principals, vice principals and other education officials at the school and district level are getting raises.
LOS ANGELES - An American Airlines flight from Los Angeles International Airport to Honolulu has landed safely back at LA after reporting engine trouble.
LOS ANGELES - An American Airlines flight from Los Angeles International Airport to Honolulu has landed safely back at Los Angeles with one engine out.
HONOLULU - A 20-year-old guided-missile cruiser will join two other ships in "laid up" status at Pearl Harbor.
KANEOHE BAY, Hawaii - A Marine charged with the murder of a prostitute visiting Hawaii is scheduled to go on trial this week.
HONOLULU - A judge in Hawaii has denied bail for a Southern California man accused of killing a man whose dismembered body was found in an Oahu ravine.
HONOLULU - Hawaii lawmakers in both chambers agree that legal permission for police to have sex with prostitutes should end.
HONOLULU - Turtle Bay Resort is agreeing to protect more than 660 acres of land on Oahu's North Shore in a deal reached with the state, county and a nonprofit organization.
HONOLULU - Hawaii has agreed to settle three lawsuits from parents who said their special-needs children were abused by workers at an elementary school.
HONOLULU - Honolulu authorities say a 23-year-old man died after snorkeling in Waikiki.
HONOLULU - An award-winning jazz band from Honokaa High School is touring Oahu this month.
HONOLULU - A federal judge has decided to allow four nonprofit organizations to join Kauai County in defending a new law regulating pesticides and genetically modified crops in court.
HONOLULU - The Coast Guard says a search has been launched for a Japanese crew member of a container ship who was reported overboard northeast of Oahu.
HONOLULU - The Coast Guard says a search has been launched for a 23-year-old crew member of a container ship who was reported overboard northeast of Oahu.
HONOLULU - Hawaii and the Indonesian province of Bali on Monday took a step toward forging closer ties by becoming sister states.
HONOLULU - The Honolulu City Council is considering making it illegal to own a gambling machine, tightening rules that have led to arrests but no prosecutions.
HONOLULU - Honolulu police say a 24-year-old Colorado woman has died after her moped collided with a truck near Oahu's Turtle Bay.
HONOLULU - Police say a bicycle rider is dead after he was hit by a pickup truck in Kihei.
HONOLULU - A national report ranks Honolulu first among major U.S. cities for the amount of solar energy systems installed per capita.
HONOLULU - Advocates in Honolulu are proposing that Hawaii rejigger its ohana housing regulations so the tiny homes might address the state's urgent housing shortage.