- Hawaii legislators call for more security at Kaena Point Updated: Feb-08-16 7:55 am
HONOLULU - State lawmakers are considering heightened security at Kaena Point on Oahu following the deaths of at least three Laysan albatross and the destruction of several of the birds' nests at the nature reserve.
- Hawaii bill could give innocent inmates compensation Updated: Feb-08-16 7:50 am
HONOLULU - Hawaii lawmakers are considering a proposal that would require the state to pay $50,000 to the wrongfully convicted for each year they were imprisoned.
- Oahu church, school found to have most sex abuse allegations Updated: Feb-05-16 7:35 am
HONOLULU - A Catholic church and school on Oahu have generated the most allegations across the state of priests and teachers sexually abusing students decades ago.
- Chief defends major's promotion, domestic violence past Updated: Feb-04-16 10:54 pm
HONOLULU - Honolulu Police Chief Louis Kealoha defended the promotion of a major who was arrested in 1994 for domestic violence after a lawmaker complained the selection is bad for the department's image.
- Hawaii's lack of rain in January sets new records Updated: Feb-04-16 7:27 am
HONOLULU - Dry conditions in January have broken new records across the state for low rainfall.
- State to pay $7M to jailed man who lost both feet, fingers Updated: Feb-03-16 7:45 am
HONOLULU - The state has agreed to a $7.2 million settlement in the case of a former inmate who had all his fingers and both feet amputated after he says jail medical staff failed to diagnose him.
- Report: 17 Honolulu officers fired in 2015 Updated: Feb-03-16 7:40 am
HONOLULU - A new report from the Honolulu Police Department shows that the number of officers fired in 2015 has more than doubled from the previous year.
- Trace elements of DNA found from Hawaii helicopter crash Updated: Feb-02-16 10:48 pm
HONOLULU - Trace elements of DNA have been found from Marines killed in a helicopter crash off Hawaii last month, the Marine Corps said Tuesday.
- Hawaii prosecutor to fantasy sports sites: Stop taking bets Updated: Feb-02-16 8:34 pm
HONOLULU - Honolulu Prosecuting Attorney Keith Kaneshiro is demanding that the heads of two major fantasy sports sites stop taking bets from Honolulu residents.
- Pilot safe after landing in water near Honolulu airport Updated: Feb-02-16 8:09 pm
HONOLULU - A pilot is safe after problems with his landing gear forced him to ditch a single-engine Cessna in the water near Honolulu International Airport.
- Legislators consider making urn theft a felony crime Updated: Feb-02-16 7:22 am
HONOLULU - Hawaii lawmakers are looking to protect families mourning the loss of a loved one by cracking down on urn thefts.
- Want to feel better? Move to Hawaii, Alaska Updated: Jan-28-16 4:04 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - If you want to improve your sense of well-being, leave the Lower 48.
- DOE garnishing teacher pay to make up for 2014 error Updated: Jan-28-16 2:21 am
HONOLULU - The Hawaii Department of Education is working to solve a nearly $100,000 mistake it made when it overpaid more than 200 substitute teachers in 2014.
- Seahawks QB Russell Wilson picked 1st in Pro Bowl Draft Updated: Jan-27-16 10:32 pm
WAHIAWA, Hawaii - Eli Manning was the second pick Wednesday in the Pro Bowl Draft - and he's got his No. 1 guy on his side in wide receiver Odell Beckham Jr.
- Packers' McCarthy can't coach in Pro Bowl, cites illness Updated: Jan-27-16 4:58 pm
GREEN BAY, Wisconsin - Packers coach Mike McCarthy pulled out of his Pro Bowl coaching assignment Wednesday, saying doctors have advised him not to travel as he battles a stomach illness.
- Plans under way to fix falling wall protecting Waikiki Beach Updated: Jan-27-16 12:51 pm
HONOLULU - Hawaii's most visited beach will wash away if the 89-year-old wall holding it together crumbles down.
- Hawaii state Senator Gilbert Kahele died at 73 Updated: Jan-26-16 8:47 pm
HONOLULU - Hawaii state Sen. Gilbert Kahele, recalled as a big-hearted gentleman who cared deeply for his district, has died.
- Hawaii tourism agency welcomes Pro Bowl's return to Hawaii Updated: Jan-26-16 4:31 pm
HONOLULU - The Hawaii Tourism Authority is celebrating the Pro Bowl's return to Honolulu.
- The Latest: Hawaii representatives applaud cool schools idea Updated: Jan-25-16 9:21 pm
HONOLULU - The latest from Hawaii Gov. David Ige's State of the State address (all times local):
- Luxury condo development canceled over lethargic sales Updated: Jan-23-16 4:17 pm
HONOLULU - The developers of three sold-out luxury buildings are canceling their condominium project in Honolulu over waning sales.
- AP NewsBreak: Hawaii bill proposes sit-lie ban on state land Updated: Jan-22-16 7:39 pm
HONOLULU - Sitting and lying down on state lands in Hawaii could become illegal under a proposal in the state Legislature, and homelessness experts say they don't know of any other state with such a ban.
- The Latest: President offers condolences over fallen Marines Updated: Jan-22-16 6:38 pm
MARINE CORPS BASE HAWAII, Hawaii - The latest on a memorial for 12 Marines aboard two helicopters that crashed off the Hawaii coast (all times local):
- $341K in Honolulu police overtime for Obama family vacation Updated: Jan-21-16 6:08 pm
HONOLULU - The Honolulu Police Department says it spent about $341,000 in overtime costs to help protect President Barack Obama and his family during their annual winter vacation.
- Honolulu to add more bike lanes by end of 2016 Updated: Jan-21-16 7:28 am
HONOLULU - An effort by Honolulu officials to add more bike lanes in the city has some concerned about the effect on parking space for drivers.
- Judge rules on stream water division permits Updated: Jan-20-16 7:25 am
HONOLULU - An Oahu judge has invalidated a state practice of issuing permits to Alexander & Baldwin to divert millions of gallons of irrigation water daily from streams for its Maui sugar operations.