- 3 killed trying to escape Central African Republic Updated: Mar-07-14 12:40 pm
- France vows to prevent C. African Rep. breakup Updated: Feb-28-14 12:56 pm
- UN urges reinforcements for CAfrican Republic Updated: Feb-20-14 5:57 pm
- Central African Republic militia leaders arrested Updated: Feb-16-14 1:13 pm
- Witnesses: 9 more killed in C. African Republic Updated: Feb-09-14 9:49 am
- Future of C. African Republic Muslims imperiled Updated: Feb-08-14 5:01 pm
BANGUI, Central African Republic - Mahamat Nour and his two friends knew they had to flee the capital of Central African Republic, where mobs decapitate Muslims in the streets and mutilate their corpses.
BOZOUM, Central African Republic - Thousands of international troops dispatched to volatile Central African Republic are there to help keep the country from breaking apart, France's president said Friday, days after the French parliament voted to prolong the country's mission in its former colony wracked by violence between Christians and Muslims.
BANGUI, Central African Republic - U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon called Thursday for the rapid deployment of at least 3,000 additional troops and police to conflict-wracked Central African Republic to prevent further religious killings that have forced almost one million people to flee their homes and are partitioning the country into Muslim and Christian areas.
BANGUI, Central African Republic - Officials in Central African Republic say 11 men including leaders of the Christian anti-Balaka militia have been transferred to the capital's main prison.
BANGUI, Central African Republic - Raging violence in Central African Republic's capital, including mob attacks and an apparent assassination attempt targeting the lawless country's former justice minister, killed at least nine people over the weekend, witnesses and officials said Sunday.
DAKAR, Senegal - The mob violence wracking Central African Republic imperils the future of the country's Muslims, with tens of thousands fleeing the daily violence and untold numbers killed.