- Fighting erupts in Central African Republic town Updated: Apr-14-14 4:06 pm
- UN approves force for Central African Republic Updated: Apr-10-14 5:07 pm
- Priest: 30 dead in Central African Republic clash Updated: Apr-10-14 11:04 am
- US envoy: C. African Republic needs more troops Updated: Apr-09-14 2:11 pm
- C. African Republic peacekeeper injured in clash Updated: Apr-06-14 1:09 pm
- US envoy to focus on genocide prevention in Africa Updated: Apr-04-14 8:31 pm
- IMF reaches agreement with C. African Republic Updated: Apr-03-14 1:23 pm
- Chad troops defend actions in C. African Republic Updated: Mar-31-14 3:13 pm
- Soldiers fire on Central African Republic crowd Updated: Mar-21-14 1:25 pm
BANGUI, Central African Republic - Residents of a Central African Republic town have fled their homes after Muslim fighters overran the place and killed several people, a local official said Monday.
UNITED NATIONS - The U.N. Security Council on Thursday unanimously approved a nearly 12,000-strong U.N. peacekeeping force for Central African Republic, where mounting violence between Christians and Muslims has brought killings, torture and sexual violence.
BANGUI, Central African Republic - Clashes between Christian and Muslim fighters in Central African Republic have left at least 30 people dead and forced others to flee their homes, a priest said Thursday.
BANGUI, Central African Republic - The U.S. ambassador to the United Nations on Wednesday urged more support for existing African and French troops in Central African Republic on the eve of a U.N. vote to create a peacekeeping mission.
BANGUI, Central African Republic - A Burundian soldier has been wounded while trying to stop an attack by a Christian militia in Central African Republic's capital.
UNITED NATIONS - U.S. Ambassador Samantha Power said Friday she's going to Africa not just to commemorate the 20th anniversary of the Rwanda genocide but to spotlight ethnic killings in Central African Republic and the potential for violence in Burundi.
BANGUI, Central African Republic - The International Monetary Fund says it has reached an agreement with authorities from Central African Republic that could see the Bangui government receiving more than $21 million this year to shore up its battered economy.
BANGUI, Central African Republic - The African peacekeeping mission in Central African Republic on Monday defended Chadian soldiers who had killed more than 30 civilians over the weekend, saying the troops had come under attack from Christian militants and were merely defending themselves.
BANGUI, Central African Republic - Peacekeepers in Central African Republic opened fire on a crowd in the capital on Friday to disrupt anti-Muslim violence, injuring six people including four who were under 16, witnesses and officials said.