- Nominations sought for FOI Oklahoma awards Updated: Feb-07-16 12:17 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - Freedom of Information Oklahoma is accepting nominations for its annual awards program which recognizes individuals and organizations that promote the First Amendment.
- Many Oklahoma employees get raises despite salary freeze Updated: Feb-07-16 12:04 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - Thousands of Oklahoma state employees received pay raises last year and thousands more were hired despite warnings of an approaching budget shortfall and a personnel freeze ordered by Gov. Mary Fallin.
- Warriors win 41st straight home game, 116-108 over Thunder Updated: Feb-07-16 1:01 am
OAKLAND, California - With a Super Bowl-sized stage, a celebrity-filled crowd and two championship contenders on the floor, it felt more like late May in Oracle Arena than early February.
- McAlester superintendent fired amid spending allegations Updated: Feb-07-16 12:05 am
McALESTER, Oklahoma - The McAlester school board has fired the district's superintendent amid allegations she spent school money on personal items.
- No. 1 Oklahoma loses 80-69 at Kansas State Updated: Feb-06-16 10:28 pm
MANHATTAN, Kansas - No one has been able to stop Oklahoma's Buddy Hield this season.
- Kansas State upsets top-ranked Oklahoma, 80-69 Updated: Feb-06-16 8:41 pm
MANHATTAN, Kansas - Wesley Iwundu scored 22 points, freshman reserve Dean Wade had 17 and Kansas State upset top-ranked Oklahoma 80-69 on Saturday night to shake up the Big 12 race once again.
- More quakes rattle Oklahoma, including 3.8-magnitude temblor Updated: Feb-06-16 5:48 pm
MEDFORD, Oklahoma - Seven earthquakes have rattled Oklahoma, including a 3.8-magnitude temblor that struck near the town of Medford.
- Uptick in quakes could prompt action from Oklahoma lawmakers Updated: Feb-06-16 5:45 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - The power and frequency of earthquakes in Oklahoma have been increasing, but the Legislature has done little to try to curb the temblors that scientists have linked to the underground disposal of oil and gas drilling wastewater.
- Pierre-Louis sparks No. 20 Oklahoma women past TCU 77-64. Updated: Feb-06-16 5:18 pm
NORMAN, Oklahoma - Vionise Pierre-Louis had 11 of her 14 points in the fourth quarter and No. 20 Oklahoma pulled away from TCU for a 77-64 win on Saturday.
- Felix scores 20 to lead Texas over Texas Tech 69-59 Updated: Feb-06-16 5:12 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - The Texas Longhorns keep rolling along. Next stop: right up the road at No. 1 Oklahoma.
- Big 2nd half from Niang leads Iowa St. over Okla. St. 64-59 Updated: Feb-06-16 4:43 pm
STILLWATER, Oklahoma - Georges Niang scored 16 of his 18 points in the second half and had nine rebounds to help lead No. 13 Iowa State to a 64-59 victory over Oklahoma State on Saturday.
- Company commits to creating 100 new jobs at Ada location Updated: Feb-06-16 4:33 pm
ADA, Oklahoma - A Florida-based technical support business says it's committed to creating 100 new jobs and preserving more than 150 positions held by employees at the company's Ada location.
- Muskogee man spends life basking in baseball, blues Updated: Feb-06-16 2:06 pm
MUSKOGEE, Oklahoma - A late arrival to baseball practice changed John Fabian's life for the better.
- Choctaw Nation plans for new headquarters in Durant in 2018 Updated: Feb-06-16 2:05 pm
DURANT, Oklahoma - Choctaw Nation Chief Gary Batton said he focuses on tribal culture. But it's hard for him to demonstrate that when the tribe's cultural services office is housed in a double-wide trailer.
- Courthouse in Oklahoma City to be named after late judge Updated: Feb-06-16 1:19 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - The federal courthouse in Oklahoma City is to be dedicated next week to honor the longest sitting judge on the 10th Circuit Court of Appeals, which includes Oklahoma.
- Debates for new Tulsa sheriff planned; 10 candidates in race Updated: Feb-06-16 11:36 am
TULSA, Oklahoma - Ten candidates vying to become Tulsa County's next sheriff will meet in several debates scheduled throughout February.
- Oklahoma City high school wrestler charged with sex crime Updated: Feb-05-16 8:11 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - An athlete at an Oklahoma City high school was charged this week with a sex crime after police say an act the boy described as a wrestling maneuver was obscene groping.
- SUPER BOWL: Profiles of key players Updated: Feb-05-16 6:46 pm
Projected starters and key players for the Super Bowl at Santa Clara, California:
- 2 Oklahoma agencies looking to hire earthquake scientists Updated: Feb-05-16 6:43 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - Two Oklahoma agencies grappling with the increasing number of earthquakes are looking to hire scientists to aid in their efforts.
- Former Lincoln County judge pleads guilty to embezzlement Updated: Feb-05-16 6:28 pm
CHANDLER, Oklahoma - A former Lincoln County judge has pleaded guilty to embezzling money from his private legal clients.
- Oklahoma court affirms life sentence in grandmother's death Updated: Feb-05-16 6:16 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - An Oklahoma appeals court has affirmed the life prison sentence for a 38-year-old man convicted of first-degree murder for the beating death of his 78-year-old grandmother.
- Oklahoma's Lankford to speak at conservative gathering Updated: Feb-05-16 5:56 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - U.S. Sen. James Lankford of Oklahoma will be a featured speaker next month at an annual gathering of conservatives in suburban Washington.
- 2 charged with murder of bystander after robbery in Norman Updated: Feb-05-16 4:53 pm
NORMAN, Oklahoma - A 17-year-old and a 19-year-old have been charged with first-degree murder after police say they attempted to retaliate against people who stole marijuana from them.
- Oklahoma revenue collections continue to plummet in January Updated: Feb-05-16 12:55 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - Oklahoma's treasurer says overall receipts to the state treasury plummeted more than 13 percent in January compared to last year, spelling more bad news for the state's economy.
- One of Oklahoma's worst interstate logjams set for upgrade Updated: Feb-05-16 12:02 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - A makeover for one of Oklahoma's worst interstate traffic bottlenecks is finally ready to get under way.